Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Olicity is at 57.5 right now. I think it's a good enough lead to hold for the 2 hours left, so it's safe for you to go edit your fic!

Haha thanks for that! I did a block of votes and then went on with my editing! 

EBR's 611 performance came in 2nd place in the Reader's Choice poll results (she did not place in the Staff's Choice poll results)...

Performers of the Month - January Voting *RESULTS*
Posted by Aimee Hicks at February 11, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/performers-of-month-january-voting.html

Reader's Choice Performer of the Month of January:
Camilla Luddington from Grey’s Anatomy is our first 2018 Reader’s Choice Performer of the Month....
Reader+Voting+Results.JPG

Staff's Choice Performer of the Month of January:
Justina Machado from One Day At A Time is our first 2018 Staff Choice Performer of the Month....
Staff+Voting+1.JPG

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They are getting slaughtered. It's just so sad.

I'm not surprised. That fandom isn't big enough, motivated enough, nor are they organized enough to win polls. I mean I've seen some fans say that they don't care, but they made it this far so obviously they have to care a bit...  Sad that WA don't inspire that kind of passion in people for them to actually try.

• Love 2

From my recollection from past contests the Malec fandom is large and motivated.  I hadn't heard of Wounded Love before this but they might roll over everyone. 

I feel like the Outlander and X-Files matchup is like the Clash of the Titans. These fans have been ready to duke it out since they posted on Geocities websites in 1995.  I'm rooting for Mulder and Scully.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
I hate when I use the same word in a paragraph.
  • Love 1

2018 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Nominate Your Favorite Couples Now!
By Areeba Abid on February 12, 2018
http://www.zimbio.com/2018+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/WOE2n-xC94B/2018+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Nominate

By participating in Zimbio’s TV Couples March Madness Challenge, you’ll be lending a voice to your fandom. Last year, more than 3.7 million votes were cast and the Clexa Kru came out on top once again! We’re hoping to beat that record of votes this year which means you guys have to come out in full force to represent your ultimate TV twosome.

Now’s your chance to nominate all your favorite TV duos in the hopes that one of them will snatch that coveted crown. Which fandom will roar the loudest? Well, that’s totally up to you.
Don't let your shipping dreams go to waste! Hurry up and fill the comments section below with your nominations. The official launch of Zimbio's 2018 TV Couples March Madness Challenge will be on Thursday, March 1st, so remember to check back and see if your nominees secured a spot in round one!

Edited by tv echo
42 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah I was attributing it more to Malec popularity than WestAllen unpopularity.

It's pretty much both at play. If WA did inspire that kind of passion within fans they'd have put up a better fight but nope...

• Love 1

Happy Valentine's Day! Look Back at the 14 Most Swoonworthy First Kisses on TV!
By Leanne Aguilera‍   February 14, 2018
http://www.etonline.com/happy-valentines-day-look-back-at-the-14-most-swoonworthy-first-kisses-on-tv-96328

So which small screen couples shared the biggest first kisses? In no particular order, (seriously, we love them all equally!) here are the 14 most swoon-worthy TV smooches...
9. Olivier Queen and Felicity Smoak, Arrow
d7686cf9-32ee-7eb6-9721-4edcdec5bf9d-151 
Ever since Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) made her adorably memorable Arrow debut in season one, (red pen FTW!) fans were dying for Oliver (Stephen Amell) to sweep this tech-saavy blonde off her feet. So it was especially satisfying to watch Oliver finally seal his true feelings with a kiss in the superhero drama's third season premiere.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Valentine’s Day Goals: Top 10 TV Couples Currently Winning 2018 
Araceli Aviles  February 14, 2018
http://www.tvovermind.com/arrow-2/valentines-day-goals-top-10-tv-couples-currently-winning-2018

Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we’ve got the top 10 couples who have come into 2018 strong. On this day, hearts, flowers, and chocolates are in abundance everywhere. But the true sentiment of this day is for couples to celebrate the power of love. (That may be why more break-ups happen on February 13 than any other day of the year.) We wanted to take a look at the couples who not only got through the end of 2017 relatively unscathed, but who have the most stable relationships of 2018 so far. Whether married, engaged, or still figuring it out, these are (in no particular order) the top 10 couples of Valentine’s Day 2018.

-Oliver and Felicity (Arrow)
arrow-olicity-wedding.jpg 
They had chemistry from the very first time he brought her a bullet-riddled laptop. He was the vigilante with trust issues, she was the IT girl who made him smile for the first time in years. But it took them six years to get to the “I Do’s”. It’s tough to compress all that this couple has been through, what with their respective gunshot wounds, periods of unemployment, and the appearance of Oliver’s long-lost son in their lives. But through it all, they’ve remained partners. No amount of drama, even the unnecessary amount they put themselves through, could taint the core of their relationship. Whether you’ve been an Olicity shipper from Day 1, or you service the other team, when Oliver and Felicity finally tied the knot, everyone’s sentiment was the same: It’s about time! And given that Oliver is currently under indictment, their team is fractured, and William has just learned his father went back to vigilante duty, this couple’s battles are far from over. But so far, they’re handling everything the way a married couple should–together.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

I'm surprised that Mulder and Scully made it so far this year because they got knocked out really early last year. 

Mulder and Scully were my first OTP, but if they went up against Oliver and Felicity, I'd vote for Olicity. I'm still bitter that after teasing MSR for 7 seasons (I refuse to acknowledge anything after that; Scully would never have written a letter to Mulder addressing him as "Fox")) I basically got nothing but 2 onscreen kisses. And one of them didn't even count!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Mulder and Scully were my first OTP, but if they went up against Oliver and Felicity, I'd vote for Olicity. I'm still bitter that after teasing MSR for 7 seasons (I refuse to acknowledge anything after that; Scully would never have written a letter to Mulder addressing him as "Fox")) I basically got nothing but 2 onscreen kisses. And one of them didn't even count!

Yeah, I agree. Mulder/Scully was one of my first ships (along with Doug/Carol on ER), but I've found myself just not caring about them in the new seasons? So it would be really easy to vote for Olicity if they went up against MSR. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

I'm surprised that Mulder and Scully made it so far this year because they got knocked out really early last year. 

I've really enjoyed their return to the smallscreen.  I would choose Olicity if it came down to it but I'd feel bad because Mulder and Scully still have chemistry in spades.  I'd say more so now then often in old episodes.  So many great little flirty moments.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Yes!  Mulder/Scully was also my first deep foray into fanfic (back in the usenet days - oy).  It doesn't work for every fandom, but there was some really good fanfic there. 

• Love 1

If you're interested in the number of votes that went into this round... 2 things that stood out to me... WOW The X-Files fandom is still going strong after all these years, those numbers are impressive. I feel like we'll be getting a Hileon/Mulder/Scully final. 2nd thing is that Westallen fans didn't even try, those numbers are embarrassing. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Am I the only one who has never heard of HiLeon before? ??

No one had. they're apparently a ship on a Turkish TV show... It feels like the entire population of Turkey is voting for them lol that ship is STRONG.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 1
On 15/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, WindofChange said:

Olicity are going to either be matched with Hileon or Mulder/Scully and we're going to get clobbered. But at least they're worthy opponents haha

I'm assuming it will be Malec. Isn't it usually the highest vs the lowest votes and so on. So Mulder and Scully vs Wounded Love random couple. Malec being the second highest winner would go against the second lowest. 

And we probably will get our assess kicked haha. But hopefully not as badly as WestAllen. 

On 2/14/2018 at 2:41 PM, tv echo said:

2018 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Nominate Your Favorite Couples Now!
By Areeba Abid on February 12, 2018
http://www.zimbio.com/2018+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/WOE2n-xC94B/2018+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Nominate 

Huh... I was looking at the comments to see who had been nominated (and to make sure Olicity was nominated) - and someone nominated Arrow's Dinah/Black Canary and Laurel/Black Siren as their shipped couple.

Edited by tv echo
47 minutes ago, tv echo said:

and someone nominated Arrow's Dinah/Black Canary and Laurel/Black Siren as their shipped couple.

WHAT.

(Though I have to admit, there was a scene in 612 where Dinah was seriously flirty with BS, which was weirdly inappropriate given that she wants to murder her. I remember mentioning it in the live thread. I was like...WHAT'S HAPPENING. I think JH just acts like that with everyone though. Dial it back, lady!)

Here we go...

TV's Top Couple 2018: Vote in the Final 4 Now
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Fri., Feb. 16, 2018 12:00 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/914141/tv-s-top-couple-2018-vote-in-the-final-4-now

Here in the final four we have last year's second place finisher Magnus and Alec (Malec) from Shadowhunters up against former winner Oliver and Felicity (Olicity) from Arrow, while OG X-Files couple Mulder and Scully (Sculder) will face off against the Turkish couple once thought to be underdogs, Hilal and Leon (Hileon) from the Turkish series Wounded Love.
This poll closes Sunday, February 18 at 5 p.m. PT or 8 p.m. ET. 

Edited by tv echo

Apparently Malec fans are asking WA fans to help them on twitter by inciting anger for the 'wedding'...... I mean I thought they were big and organized, why would they need their help? Not only is it sad but it makes their fandom kind of look weak.

I haven't voted much in this poll but I am going to vote now :) Thanks for the motivation! #Petty

• Love 1

That's funny. Didn't Malec trounce Westallen in the poll just prior to this? Why would any self-respecting Westallen fan help the fandom that defeated them so soundly just a couple of days ago? Lol. Anyway, I'll just go ahead and vote Olicity as much as I'll be able to, while also throwing some votes to the OGs Mulder/Scully against that unknown pair with a surprisingly large following.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Why would any self-respecting Westallen fan help the fandom that defeated them so soundly just a couple of days ago? Lol.

Maybe they're hoping their hate for Olicity will override the fact that they just lost to them a few days ago... It's sad on both counts.

It's early, so the percentage swings are going to be bigger depending on which fandom has more people voting at the moment.

Anyway, I was going to sit this round out because I was fine with settling for Olicity being the last CW couple still standing, but since WA fans are being sore losers, I'm back to voting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

I think we're doing OK, considering we're up against at least 2 fandoms (who knows who else is anti-voting but not publicizing it). Just have to hang on until Europe wakes up!

Ooh!  We ticked back up to 51%

Where is the Wounded Love fandom coming from?  Admittedly, I'm not always in touch with the youth of today, but when I search #woundedlove on twitter there wasn't much action, and I can't even find articles and reviews about it like I could with Skam. I'm so confused! 

1 minute ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Where is the Wounded Love fandom coming from?  Admittedly, I'm not always in touch with the youth of today, but when I search #woundedlove on twitter there wasn't much action, and I can't even find articles and reviews about it like I could with Skam. I'm so confused! 

No one knew where it was from LOL It's basically a Turkish TV show and it isn't even in English