Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

EBR is now up against Tina Desai (Sense8) in the Elite 8 round...

Girl on Top 2017 Round 4: Vote in the Elite 8 Now!
by LAUREN PIESTER | Fri, Aug 25, 2017 3:00 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/875794/girl-on-top-2017-round-4-vote-in-the-elite-8-now

As usual, vote for however many contenders as you want as many times as you want, and rally your fellow fans on Twitter with the hashtag #GirlonTop. This round will close Sunday, August 27 at 5 p.m. P.T., so get those voting fingers ready and get going! 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I can't even get a captch, which means my vote doesn't count. Boo.

EBR is at 56.3% now.

6 hours ago, Chaser said:

Sense8 has a very passionate following and the actors are asking for votes.  I think they have the edge.

Also they were cancelled so its fans have an even greater impetus to vote.

7 hours ago, Chaser said:

Sense8 has a very passionate following and the actors are asking for votes.  I think they have the edge.

Their votes are split - so it'll be tough for them to win. We'll see how they'll fare tomorrow! But right now Melanie and EBR have the edge.

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

After 4 seasons, were you really shocked by Oliver's stupidity? ;)

To the extent we got it after 4 seasons? Yes. Considering it took up so much of the season, at least to me...

A season 5 deserved better than this Oliver. 

ETA: my real write-in will probably go to everyone surrounding Oliver instead of comforting Felicity in 509 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

None of those things were really a surprise.  I can't even remember if Billy dying was a surprise.  I think I'll pick Bunker Sex just cause it's fun to check a box for bunker sex.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

None of those things were really a surprise.  I can't even remember if Billy dying was a surprise.  I think I'll pick Bunker Sex just cause it's fun to check a box for bunker sex.  

I voted for Oliver killing Billy. Billy dying wasn't a shocker but, Oliver being the one to do it, did shock me.

I was tempted to vote for Bunker Sex just because I want Olicity to win all the awards just cause it ruins GATVs life to admit it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Final 4 round is now open for voting (all 4 are up against each other) - only top 2 will continue to the final round...

Girl on Top 2017: Vote in the Final 4 Now
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon, Aug 28, 2017 3:00 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/876127/girl-on-top-2017-vote-in-the-final-4-now

The four champions are: Emily Bett Rickards from Arrow, Eliza Taylor from The 100, Melanie Scrofano from Wynonna Earp, and Alycia Debnam-Carey from Fear the Walking Dead. 
Vote as many times as you want for as many different actresses as you want. Voting closes Wednesday, August 30 at 5 p.m. P.T., and the final round will begin on Friday!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Oh wow. I forgot that poll was still going, haha. I just voted though. She's 3rd with 19.9%. 

Edit: Is it bad that I've never heard of Wynonna Earp (or the actress) before though? Is it any good and should I watch? 

Edited by Angel12d

Emily is not doing so good :( 

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Oh wow. I forgot that poll was still going, haha. I just voted though. She's 3rd with 19.9%. 

Edit: Is it bad that I've never heard of Wynonna Earp (or the actress) before though? Is it any good and should I watch? 

I looked it up. It's some Canadian show based on a comic book that's described as a sci fi western. Like she is a cowboy who fights aliens/paranormal beings.

11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I looked it up. It's some Canadian show based on a comic book that's described as a sci fi western. Like she is a cowboy who fights aliens/paranormal beings.

Demons.  With a magic six shooter.

This year it comes on after a couple Syfy shows I watch.  I suspect I might actually have liked it.  Lots of strong female characters and humor.  But I don't' want to start in like the 3rd season. 

You are not kidding.   She's in last place and I just watched her drop in 60 seconds from 17.4% to 17.1%   

They are voting on mass for anyone but her.  

The poll is only 3 hours old, so there aren't a lot of votes cast yet. Any particular group voting en masse right now is going to change those percentages pretty quickly. Eliza Taylor went from 4th to 2nd in about 1 hour.  EBR fans just have to make a concerted effort.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

Yes. And I've had to do 4 for my last 4 ... having to click most of the boxes on each and/or getting new ones when it gets to "verify" instead of "next." 

ETA: And now that I've typed that and gone to vote again ... the box just checked itself without me having to click on pics. Three votes in a row. From now on, I'm coming to complain on here if those boxes pop up again.  

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 2

Wow, EBR is in last place now. 16.6%

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Did you like Lost Girl?  It's from the same creator.

I dropped it for the same reason I dropped Lost Girl, it got too silly and instead of an OPT, there was a hexagon.  I thought the actress was okay though.

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

But I don't' want to start in like the 3rd season. 

The first season's on Netflix if you have that, and want to try it (I haven't watched it - just an FYI).

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The" are you a robot" pics are killing me.  Is everyone having to do a minimum of two each time? 

Yep.  I don't have the patience to deal with it very long. :(

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Did you like Lost Girl?  It's from the same creator.

Oh really? Makes sense I guess. I never finished Lost Girl - never watched the final season.  

Yeah on don't think we are playing on a fair and level playing field. I saw someone tweet that they watched Melanie whatever her name is gain 1400 votes in one refreash. And as for The 100 and ex The 100 actresses- well we know the Clexas have cheated in the past.

• Love 1

I'm not sure any cheating is going on tbh. I think it's just the case that not everyone is voting (fandom tends to be more motivated when it comes to Olicity, not so much when it's just Felicity/EBR or Oliver/SA by themselves, unfortunately) and those who were voting have given up. She's too far behind to get through this round now. 

I don't want to resort to claiming cheating but the poll numbers aren't changing like they had in the past.  They are coming in quicker intervals and in bigger leaps at any one time.   At the very least there is a very active and organized campaign going on for all the actresses except EBR.

There is something not right going on.  At this point, there has to be hundreds if not thousands of votes cast -- there is no way statistically EBR can be going down by 1 or 2% every time I go to vote.

Roght now I'm just wondering if the people running the site will catch it.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There is something not right going on.  At this point, there has to be hundreds if not thousands of votes cast -- there is no way statistically EBR can be going down by 1 or 2% every time I go to vote.

Roght now I'm just wondering if the people running the site will catch it.

I believe E! typically ignores or sits on the fence about cheating allegations so I don't think anything will come of it. It just sucks that it's disheartened a lot of Emily/Felicity/Olicity fans from voting after everyone worked so hard to get Emily there in the first place :(

They voting is simply baffling me! I just went to vote to see what the deal was. I don't see how she just keeps slipping, especially with all the messages on Twitter about voting. 

And why am I getting 4 of those captcha things nows???!!!! I adore EBR but I give up! Especially since her stats go down the more I vote! 

The way the other three are all pretty close in numbers really is the weirdest thing to me.  EBR started MILES ahead of them in the early hours and then suddenly one person got a huge bump up to 40 percent and then I came back both of the others ones were also neck and neck with the first one to jump while only EBR had dramatically dropped. If it was just one person that was winning dramatically or only a couple that were in a real fight, I think I'd just assume they had a very motivated group but this weird grouping looks really off when you compare the percentages EBR was pulling in comparison during the previous rounds.    

• Love 6