Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Pretty Little Liars has a lot more teenage fans and the winner (Sasha Pieterse) has been on the show for five years (mostly in flashback). It was nice to see EBR nominated though since this is her first real role.

Edited by drspaceman10
Pretty Little Liars has a lot more teenage fans and the winner (Sasha Pieterse) has been on the show for five years (mostly in flashback/voiceovers). I

I've watched Pretty Little Liars on and off for the past few seasons (I'm currently off, just way too many twists to keep up with) and while I understand Sasha Pieterse's role has only recently expanded, I'm wondering how she was able to be included in the "break out tv actress" category considering she's been part of the show since it first premiered. I agree that Pretty Little Liars does have a ton of teen fans, and as such it is likely that the vote was fair, it was great for EBR to even be nominated though. 

I tried watching the Teen Choice Awards and had to stop.  I feel so old and out of touch.  All of my least favorites in all the categories kept winning.  Or worse, I had no idea who they were.  I used to watch a couple shows on ABC Family but the acting in some of them was consistently awful, I mean makes KC look like Meryl Streep in everything she does awful. 

I did stick around until Colton Hayes presented.  He got a nice round of applause. 

• Love 1

I've watched Pretty Little Liars on and off for the past few seasons (I'm currently off, just way too many twists to keep up with) and while I understand Sasha Pieterse's role has only recently expanded, I'm wondering how she was able to be included in the "break out tv actress" category considering she's been part of the show since it first premiered. I agree that Pretty Little Liars does have a ton of teen fans, and as such it is likely that the vote was fair, it was great for EBR to even be nominated though. 

Yeah it was weird how she was included in Break Out Star category. She's been in the main cast of the show since the pilot episode and it's on it's 5th season. 

Edited by ban1o

I remember Sasha Piertse as Grace on Stargate SG1 (2004) when she played Sam's hallucination, and as the bald little girl with cancer on House (2005).  She's been in a lot of TV shows since she was 6 so it's strange to see her in the Break Out Star category.

But still, I think it's too soon for EBR. She's been getting enough kudos for someone who is just 23 to handle.  (Colin Firth said that he thought he was lucky that Mr. Darcy happened when he was 33 and not 23 because it could handle it better at a more mature age.)

I agree. I'd rather EBR get the time and experience in before she starts blowing doors off. Too much attention too soon in this business equals a flight towards the sun with no parachute.

And the Teen Choice Awards scream "I bought this award for PR" to me, so I'm absolutely okay when a star I like doesn't win. I know the obsessive voting plays a role but still... I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in the small print, there's a loophole for a panel of people to decide which nominee actually wins.

Wow, I actually just googled "Teen Choice Awards Rigged" after typing that so that I wouldn't embarrass myself and I guess they are?! There's a ton of articles about it from the last day. Here's one. And an excerpt:

Teenasaurus Rox reserves the right to choose the winner from the top four vote getters. The Olay Fresh Effects Breakout Star Award and Ultimate Choice Award were both chosen by Teenasaurus Rox.

Teenasaurus Rox is the name of the TCA production company. I always suspected, but teen tweeters are furious and I'm cracking up. This. Is. Glorious.

• Love 2

Anne Shirley beat out Felicity, but still remarkable for EBR.

Emily Bett Rickards was born in Vancouver, British Columbia and snagged her first role in 2012 as Mary Malone in Flicka: Country Pride.

Seeing what she does with her role, it's easy to forget how few years she's been doing it.

I thought the brunette blockheaded brother was an emotionless robot, but I never watched that show. I guess that must have been revealed at some point.

It's so weird to think that AoS and Arrow make around the same numbers in viewership. And go Lair fight, go!

Result not really a shocker (though disappointing in some cases)

The webmaster always needs to clarify that it's one vote per IP...but that doesn't mean that there isn't "ballot stuffing"

Not that the result wouldn't be the same, just saying.

Edited by wingster55

LOL Felicity was the favorite character and the 4th least favorite character. That doesn't even make sense.

But I agree with almost everything on that list. Except for favorite/least favorite episode and my favorite character is Moira! And favorite male character is Diggle! 

Edited by ban1o

LOL Felicity was the favorite character and the 4th least favorite character. That doesn't even make sense.

It makes total sense to me. A very large portion of the fan base adores her, and the more popular she gets, the more the knives come out from people who are annoyed by or resent her popularity.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7

If it's one unique IP per vote one would have to be highly motivated to create multiple anonymous IPs to vote. I think the vote reflects the general opinion fairly accurately. I thought Diggle would get more votes.

• Love 2

She's a polarizing one.

i seriously Lol'd at Felicity being the favorite character even over Oliver. Well done EBR at taking nothing and running with it. I still like Oliver the best but EBR earned that spot fair and square.

That's one of the ones that disappointed me..though in a fan poll I don't think any of the results were "fair and square"

If it's one unique IP per vote one would have to be highly motivated to create multiple anonymous IPs to vote.

I'm currently in my school's library. I could vote on each computer here...I think.

I thought Diggle would get more votes.

For whatever reason Diggle doesn't have a fierce fanbase (I won't say what I think the reasons are)

Edited by wingster55

I dont think its a random fansite, since MG did an interview with the guy that runs this site. Also i remember an interview EBR did with Green Arrow TV. Also James Bamford and even MG often RT or tweet links to the site. 

Edited by Velocity23

She's a polarizing one.

That's one of the ones that disappointed me..though in a fan poll I don't think any of the results were "fair and square"

I'm currently in my school's library. I could vote on each computer here...I think.

For whatever reason Diggle doesn't have a fierce fanbase (I won't say what I think the reasons are)

So one could vote for m a school computer and a home computer, a smart phone and a tablet. That's 4 votes. It is still unique IP addresses. But since it was a landslide for Felicity it's not like those 4 votes will make or break the vote.

I don't think Felicity is a polarizing character at all. I would say the majority (not everyone is going to love a character so you will never get 100% for anything) love her but a few fans are upset that at the way Laurel has been treated and are upset about how popular Felicity is over their favorite tend to vote against her as some kind of protest vote especially knowing that Laurel would be voted for heavily.  This category especially would have invited the comparison.

If ballot stuffing is possible wouldn't it have been possible for each side to do it? Especially from a side that knows they don't have the numbers of online fans that other side has.

I was happy to see Manu getting a lot of love in the poll. I think he did a great job, the writers failing his character's motivation aside, he deserved it.

• Love 8

I dont think its a random fansite, since MG did an interview with the guy that runs this site. Also i remember an interview EBR did with Green Arrow TV. Also James Bamford and even MG often RT or tweet links to the site. 

yeah it's a fansite but some of the writers on it can get a hold of some of the actors or writers. I know lots of people with fansites that interview actors from the various shows at times. 

Edited by ban1o

Now that I think about it, I think people are pro-Cassidy over pro-Laurel. 

Isn't that almost always the case?  

As for GATV, yeah it's the K-Site equivalent right down to the same Editor In Chief (well Craig is affiliated with GATV not sure if he's the head honcho) and given how much of an IN Craig had with the Smallville EPs, I'd say it's a safe bet that GATV has an In with the Arrow EPs.  I would hardly dismiss GATV as a random fan-site, especially when it gets exclusive interviews with MG, EBR, PB, etc, etc, etc.

So one could vote for m a school computer and a home computer, a smart phone and a tablet. That's 4 votes. It is still unique IP addresses. But since it was a landslide for Felicity it's not like those 4 votes will make or break the vote.

My point was that there were ways around one vote per IP is all.

Isn't that almost always the case?

I wouldn't say so. Some sure, the same way some people like Felicity so much because of EBR.

Edited by wingster55

Although I don't like Laurel I think it's ridiculous to think just because you don't like Laurel no one does or that their only fans of the actor not the character I know people who genuinely like the character and have detailed reasons why. People should just say that their opinions are their opinions. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1