Type keyword(s) to search

Jacqueline Laurita: Bailey's and Bankruptcy

• Start Topic

No, I really NEED to know that. It's quite perplexing. I wonder at which point Chris woke up, rolled over, and nearly had a heart attack - wondering how this strange woman wound up in his bed.

If Chris was thrown for a loop you know poor Nickie's head is spinning.

• Love 3

Jac's "blog" which is really a Q and A is up and is interesting only because it initially contained a section on the Dina feud, which has been removed.   I saw it with my own eyes, not there anymore.

However, like everything else, it's been captured

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/09/22/rhonj-saintzendina-mysteriously-disappears-from-bubbajax-bravoblog-who-scrubbed-it/

And there's this tweet from Jac

"Nicholas will ONLY drink @blkbeverages ! He will not even attempt to drink anything else. That is his go to drink. #blk #Honest 24/7"

She needs to just...stop.

• Love 1

Hahahaha! I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude. But I just find that ridiculous. She is using that poor child to not only give her a storyline on the show, but also to pimp her husband's product? So gross. I swear, if she says something to the effect of "Nick started making progress after drinking BLK", I'm done. 

• Love 4

Hahahaha! I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude. But I just find that ridiculous. She is using that poor child to not only give her a storyline on the show, but also to pimp her husband's product? So gross. I swear, if she says something to the effect of "Nick started making progress after drinking BLK", I'm done.

Didn't they already try that - I seem to recall something about BLK and autism.  It was very short lived though, because they got called out on it.

• Love 3

Oh, so now Nic is a marketing ploy, not just a storyline.  

The whole time Kathy is talking about how dedicated Jac is to researching autism and to Nic's recovery, all Bravo shows is the nanny working with Nic. lol.  

• Love 4

Oh, so now Nic is a marketing ploy, not just a storyline.  

The whole time Kathy is talking about how dedicated Jac is to researching autism and to Nic's recovery, all Bravo shows is the nanny working with Nic. lol.  

That is a therapist that works with Nicholas she has been on before she is the music therapist.  I think that is probably intentional so Nicholas can be pulled away to continue therapy and Jacqueline can continue filming.

• Love 2

Jacqueline using Nicholas as a marketing device is so darksided. Ugh

I may start referring to her as Ms BLK Swan.

That is awesome with awesome sauce! "Yeah, yeah. She looka like Asian drag queen. Yeah." NO offense to drag queens! Come to think of it-would y'all love to see RuPaul drag these bitches?! good times.

• Love 1

There's no re-watch thread, but I've been watching Season 1 (not technically a re-watch since I never saw it to begin with) and Jac was so cute and likable! The show was a lot of fun that first, short season. Crazy Danielle was kind of fun even in her complete lunacy. Teresa was trashy and fun and effortlessly stupid, and I thought she looked much much better (especially without the fake "bubbies").  Even the Manzos were tolerable, and Caroline's haircut is hilarious. It's amazing how much these people have changed since then! But especially Jac, and especially her face. 

• Love 1

In the first season, Jacqueline seemed the way Andy described her, as having a big heart.  She started to get weird in the second season, even though Danielle was/is a nut some things from Jacqueline's side don't make sense either.  Then the next 2 seasons it became all about everyone being anti-Teresa, and Jacqueline really started to lose it.  I mean the stupidity of demanding from Joe Giudice (at the last reunion) how she and Chris met, Juicy gave a half-ass answer which he really didn't even care to discuss, and Jac went all loco, screaming "you're a liar!".  I mean, who really cares anyway?  Juicy certainly didn't, lol

• Love 1

I liked Jac too until I realized after watching her a few season how Jac was scheming season I.  I think she was the one feeding Danielle all the info about the family.  Remember her hiding out in the bathroom during Dina's Ladybug event bc she didn't want to help?  Last year Danielle responded to someone on twitter that Dina and Jac's falling out had more to do with Jac giving bloggers info about Dina's charity not having 501c3 status and implying that is was below board. I think Jac spent a lot of time sitting on the phone gossiping seasons 1-3 with Danielle and the Kims.  She always had a way of sticking herself right in the middle of every drama.

Also she was very quick to show the world what a fuck up her daughter was. True her asshat daughter was a fuck up. But what kind of mother wants to show the world as a way to say to her 16 year old daughter, "See I told you so, you do everything wrong, I did everything right; look everyone thinks you're an asshat.  You've been given everything and are ungrateful.  We are wonderful parents, and you suck."  She was always so smug when Chris backed her up.  

I was happy when she outed Dina at the dinner.  I liked that a lot.

• Love 7

Of course Jac was feeding everyone gossip about each other. No wonder Teresa finally figured out she can't trust her to not share everything she asks. Same goes with Amber. No wonder Dina avoids her, too. Jac can pout and bat her eyes all she wants and talk forgiveness until the cows come home, but she spews some horrible vitriol when she's caught, and then turns around and plays the victim when people refuse to trust her anymore. I loathe Jac.

• Love 6

For entertainment purposes I would like to see an Amber vs. Jacqueline scene or two. I have always liked Chris and would enjoy seeing him. As to their child Nicholas, with all the experts that are working on his care I would think if there was a danger to his well-being or progress they would express it to Jac and Chris.

I can only imagine Jim coming up with reasons why he can't film with the Lauritas. I think the twitter battles between Jac and Jim would be epic.

Holy shit, I might actually join twitter if those two nuts start going at it.

• Love 3

Also she was very quick to show the world what a fuck up her daughter was. True her asshat daughter was a fuck up. But what kind of mother wants to show the world as a way to say to her 16 year old daughter, "See I told you so, you do everything wrong, I did everything right; look everyone thinks you're an asshat.  You've been given everything and are ungrateful.  We are wonderful parents, and you suck."  She was always so smug when Chris backed her up.

Yep.  Her kids are props.

• Love 4

Just to clarify, Ashley was not 16 years old when she was on the show.  She was almost 18 when the first season was filmed. 

Jac as well as Chris made a number of mistakes with Ashley but they also did a number of things to give her a reality check like taking away the car (later, it was Chris who got her another car),  kicked her out of the house, and took away her computer and her cell phone.  It was Ashley's choice to be on the show after the first season.  She was an adult.  Jac had no control over that. 

I don't ever recall Jac saying they were wonderful parents and her being smug.  Yeah, Jac and Chris did talk about what they have done for her and told her she was ungrateful.  Ashley was a total brat. 

• Love 3

So the bankruptcy trustee asked for more time to investigate how to disperse any settlement monies he receives from the Lauritas.  It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.  http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/10/jacqueline-laurita-bankruptcy-update-case-settled-trustee-seeks-additional-information/  Apparently he did not accept their offer of $1 million to settle the bankruptcy.

I wonder if this is why Andy wants them on the show next season and not the feud with Dina.  Is he hoping for a Tre and Juicy part 2?

• Love 1

I can't wrap my head around a $10K per month mortgage payment.

I guess they couldn't either.

No kidding! Their morgage was actually a couple hundred dollars more than the Guidice's (who stretched their's over 50! years. The most interesting part to me was their other house is in foreclosure, and the last time they made a payment was December 2011. Why do people get away with this?

So the bankruptcy trustee asked for more time to investigate how to disperse any settlement monies he receives from the Lauritas. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/10/jacqueline-laurita-bankruptcy-update-case-settled-trustee-seeks-additional-information/ Apparently he did not accept their offer of $1 million to settle the bankruptcy.

I wonder if this is why Andy wants them on the show next season and not the feud with Dina. Is he hoping for a Tre and Juicy part 2?

Those wall murals. Shudder...

• Love 1

I can't nor I won't let it go she stole from a cancer organization. How disgusting can one be to something like that.

Hey BlackMamba, no issues with you on my part, but with regards to this story in general, has it been proven?  I'm no Jac fan by any means.  

I remember a good while back I read an article, (don't remember the blog/site, I'll try to find it if I can), that disproved the charity thing and what happened with funds, etc. and it went into detail about it, again, I don't recall the details, so I won't get into specifics until I can find it.

I see comments about this, but I've never read anything "official" I guess is the way to say it, mostly speculation related stuff.  

Oh God, this again? Not like I don't think the Signature BK wasn't tre shady (I'm apparently a loser and read all the docs), but the Susan B Komen story always gets my goat so to speak. No offense Black Mamba(?). But then again a BM can easily take a goat down.

From what I read in the legal docs, there was no stealing from a cancer charity. I think somebody saw it in the BK docs (miniscule amount) and it somehow mushroomed from there into a major con (generally to excuse Teresa's culpability).

Signature apparently had a license agreement with Susan B Komen. They would produce clothing with the pink ribbon and SBK would either get a minimum of $18K (?) or a percentage of the sales. Given the BK claim was the minimum, I'm guessing the clothing was never produced or sitting in a warehouse somewhere caught up in the BK. Given the $8M Signature is being sued for (out of the $55M filing), I just don't get why this is the one thing that gets harped on all the time.

• Love 5

BTW - thanks for the FameWhorgas link! Good times! She (?) was great on the getting the docs. Didn't always interpret it quite right (particularly real estate - my unfortunate profession). Got better though (re Guidice's) as in see no longer posts.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh God, this again? Not like I don't think the Signature BK wasn't tre shady (I'm apparently a loser and read all the docs), but the Susan B Komen story always gets my goat so to speak. No offense Black Mamba(?). But then again a BM can easily take a goat down.

From what I read in the legal docs, there was no stealing from a cancer charity. I think somebody saw it in the BK docs (miniscule amount) and it somehow mushroomed from there into a major con (generally to excuse Teresa's culpability).

Signature apparently had a license agreement with Susan B Komen. They would produce clothing with the pink ribbon and SBK would either get a minimum of $18K (?) or a percentage of the sales. Given the BK claim was the minimum, I'm guessing the clothing was never produced or sitting in a warehouse somewhere caught up in the BK. Given the $8M Signature is being sued for (out of the $55M filing), I just don't get why this is the one thing that gets harped on all the time.

Thanks for the info, it sounds familiar.  That's what I remembered too, and I never understood how it became stealing.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

Happy 4th of July everybody! I live about 1/2 mile from the US Capitol and it's always been one of my favorite holidays (local fireworks still going on).

But posting cause I want to encourage Black Mambo to post more (despite my SBK annoyance). We definitely need some more Teresa fans on this board.

• Love 2

Thank you.  I always figured just like any other creditor the charity has to wait for distribution of the BK estate-if there is any money left for their prorate share of the contractual donation. 

People just dislike Jacqueline so anything to make her loathsome seems to be okay.  I do think she works overtime for some of the Autism charities. All I can say is good for her.

• Love 2

BTW - hate to beat a dead horse (esp since I used to own one), but don't get either Jaq's culpability in all this. Despite what's been said I never saw her listed as an officer/employee of Signature. They wanted a deposition from her on where some of the money went. But apparently it was Chris's brother and his wife who were the big spenders (relatively). The main issue is the improper transfer of certain valuable license agreements (not SBK), that should have been assets when they filed the BK (that sounds familiar).

• Love 1

I can't wrap my head around a $10K per month mortgage payment.

I guess they couldn't either.

SO. MUCH. THIS. I know there is no logic when it comes to people living beyond their means, but how do you look down at that paperwork, see close to $11,000 a month of a mortgage, and say "cool, where do I sign?" Even for the wealthy, forget about us regular folks. And I don't even want to think what it costs to maintain a house that size either, or the property taxes, etc. 

There's a lot to dislike about Jacqueline, but I give her a pass on this. With all of her craziness, she has never really struck me as the "gold digger" type, at least not in the way that Teresa or Melissa have. She doesn't need the newest of the new, or the best of the best. So she wasn't screeching in her husband's ear screeching "Moremoremore!" This was all Chris, which burns me because he really seemed like the more level headed of the ho-husbands (and I've always thought he was super hot LOL). The house was purchased before RHWONJ was even around, so Lord only knows where this money came from. That apparel business wasn't doing THAT well. I'm curious to see what happens with them. Whatever happened to BLK?

• Love 1

I haven't been made one NJ post (I'll be honest, scared since I'm Teresa fan so go easy on me).

But I swear I dont feel sorry for Jacqueline. Shes fake as a two dollar bill. At first I thought she she cute, sweet and adorable but shes really a nutjob with drinking problems.

Now her and Chris home is up for a second foreclose. I'll never forget how she acted like a damn fool on Teresa in season 4 at her house over those tabloids. Now here she and Chris is about to meet the same fate as Teresa possibly facing criminal changes, foreclosure and tax evasion. I can't nor I won't let it go she stole from a cancer organization. How disgusting can one be to something like that.

Like how many hoped for the Guidices to get what was coming I hope the same comes right back on Jac and Chris Laurita. These two have been skating for far too long.

Well, you already know this, but ITA with your post. Jac seemed so sweet and kind...until her true self was revealed. She was obsessed and think it's because it seemed (and now Trees in jail) the Guidicis were getting away with everything...and Jac was driven to highlighting the Guidicis thinking no one was looking in their closets. Karma. And a Bitch.

RHONJ had some of the worst people in it...those hangers on...and last season the twins, the fake fireman boyfriend and Jim was jumping the shark. Awful. Just terrible.

New cast please!

• Love 1

RHONJ had some of the worst people in it...those hangers on...and last season the twins, the fake fireman boyfriend and Jim was jumping the shark. Awful. Just terrible.

New cast please!

I agree!

To me it was beyond awful and beyond terrible and moved pretty much into the territory of unwatchable.

Happy 4th of July everybody! I live about 1/2 mile from the US Capitol and it's always been one of my favorite holidays (local fireworks still going on).

But posting cause I want to encourage Black Mambo to post more (despite my SBK annoyance). We definitely need some more Teresa fans on this board.

Thanks

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree!

To me it was beyond awful and beyond terrible and moved pretty much into the territory of unwatchable.

Yup, pretty close to unwatchable which is irritating given how fun Season 1 and sort of Season 2 was in comparison. I watched OC and NY. My friend, who's from NJ, but a Country Club girl, is the one who told me I HAD to watch NJ. She said it was hilarious, a funny Real HWs show where they don't seem too serious. My friend, like I said, is from that other New Jersey, you know where people have the real money, and dress like the NY ladies but talk with no discernible accent. Another words, she thinks the RHONJ is an adult version of Jersey Shore families and made for a good laugh. I watched, chuckled, but still preferred the other two and quickly embraced Beverly Hills, which became and still is my favorite.

But, but, but...both RHONJ and BH were taken down by adding some people that didn't fit in in the first place. Brandi, Carlton...and the new characters on the last season of NJ. The darkness from the fighting between the Guidici's, Gorga's and Wakiles, throw in those days with Kim G and Melissa's sisters? Good grief, it went from fun and light hearted to a bloodbath seemingly overnight. Of course, by that point we were invested in the fate of the characters like on any other TV show and you couldn't walk away.

I wonder if they will try to go back to the original families, as it sounds like they are waiting for Theresa to return and script it as a do over? It would be interesting to see Theresa, Jac, Caroline and Dina pretending to get along again united against some other interloper in their midst. Ok. I would prefer a do over though, with all newbies...

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

Yup, pretty close to unwatchable which is irritating given how fun Season 1 and sort of Season 2 was in comparison. I watched OC and NY. My friend, who's from NJ, but a Country Club girl, is the one who told me I HAD to watch NJ. She said it was hilarious, a funny Real HWs show where they don't seem too serious. My friend, like I said, is from that other New Jersey, you know where people have the real money, and dress like the NY ladies but talk with no discernible accent. Another words, she thinks the RHONJ is an adult version of Jersey Shore families and made for a good laugh. I watched, chuckled, but still preferred the other two and quickly embraced Beverly Hills, which became and still is my favorite.

But, but, but...both RHONJ and BH were taken down by adding some people that didn't fit in in the first place. Brandi, Carlton...and the new characters on the last season of NJ. The darkness from the fighting between the Guidici's, Gorga's and Wakiles, throw in those days with Kim G and Melissa's sisters? Good grief, it went from fun and light hearted to a bloodbath seemingly overnight. Of course, by that point we were invested in the fate of the characters like on any other TV show and you couldn't walk away.

I wonder if they will try to go back to the original families, as it sounds like they are waiting for Theresa to return and script it as a do over? It would be interesting to see Theresa, Jac, Caroline and Dina pretending to get along again united against some other interloper in their midst. Ok. I would prefer a do over though, with all newbies...

I believe Dina lives in LA

For all the romanticizing folks do about Teresa, when the entire show was retooled last year to mke it work for Teresa and her legal problems the show tanked.

The best thing that could happen to both Jac and Teresa is live for awhile without Bravo bucks so they could get a reality check on what their finances are and how they should be living.  I give Jacqueline a pass because Chris' company over the years did $250 million dollars in revenue-as opposed to the Giudice who just committed fraud for their entire wealth and then after using the ill gotten wealth used Teresa's job on Bravo.  To those who like Teresa I just hope her coming back won't be to save the mansion.  The first step in Teresa's life should be separating herself from that structure.

• Love 12
(edited)

I don't know this for sure. But I think the bankruptcy courts are smart enough to see and track if licensing agreements are improperly transferred. Just because Chris did it doesn't mean it'll be effective.

Sorry this post was from awhile ago. But yes the BK courts (in this case the law firm repping the creditors) are smart enough - big reason why Signature is being sued. Edited by Jennifersdc