Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons: Where The Bodies Are Buried

• Start Topic

I know it's been a very long time since someone has posted in this thread, but I started rewatching RHONJ from season 1. I'm up to season 4.

I didn't like Theresa then, and I like her even less now. She really is a manipulative lil witch and dumber than a box of rocks.

Melissa doesn't bother me, and I really like Caroline Manzo. She was/is a straight shooter and that's how I like people to be with me. I miss Rosie. She was a hoot and a half.

I am so enjoying the older seasons much, much more. What has happened to all the howives shows?

And that's all I got to say about that. 🤷‍♀️😂

• Love 9

The farther I get into season 4, the more I scream at Teresa on my teeeeeveeeee! 🤣

Damn but she just looks for a fight in everything anyone says or does. She is so completely unaware of how obtuse and obnoxious she is.

Say what you will about Caroline, but she was spot on about her assessment of the Teresa/Joe situation. Joe got caught up doing illegal stuff in order to placate his spend happy wife. Caroline predicted what would happen...someone would end up jail. She said "you heard it here first." 😉

It's weird watching now that we know the outcome. Joe started changing around season 2-3. He was in a pickle that's for sure!

I wonder if the girls look back on any of these shows and see how poorly they behaved. 😱

• Love 7

I’m stuck at home (thank you Rona) and had wrist surgery (thank you genetics - 9th orthopedic surgery in 11 years - next one is free I have my punch card, 10th surgery is free 😜). 

So I haven’t been able to do anything so I have been rewatching RHONJ from the beginning- I just finished Season 4. My notes/observations:

1. Watching the show is like reading historical fiction, you know the outcome - there were so many things that were said/happened that were quite prescient- especially Joe and Teresa the felons. So you see certain actions and comments and you are like -oh yeah, that makes sense.

2. Teresa has never in her life accepted responsibility for anything. It is always someone else’s fault. It is constant -my brother did this, my sisters in law did this, Jacqueline did this, never her role in anything, it is always someone else’s actions. Only a trained clinical psychologist who has worked with someone can assign them a diagnosis from DSM - but man, she really shows signs of having issues which all involve it being someone else’s problem - whether it is impulsive disorder, true narcissistic personality disorder or a true sociopath (I think the latter but I’m an organizational psychologist not a clinical psychologist.

People constantly had to explain to her what normal human reactions should look like. She had no clue. IMO she just started trying to mimic normal behavior because she doesn’t know what that is.

3. my hubby long gave up a long, long time ago trying to understand why I watch these shows, but two things he mistakenly entered the room and saw and reacted to were:

a. Melissa explaining to Antonia (who was maybe 5) that Christmas was Jesus’ birthday and Antonia asking how old Jesus was and I think Melissa responded that he was 69 - I probably have the number wrong,  it is was funny and hubby laughed.

b. A segment in season 4 when Caroline’s sons were making nasty comments about fat girls and hubby said “that’s a bunch of classy people”. I responded that this family was the most classy of all the families (in my initial opinion).

4. I was And am still a Caroline fan but she really liked to run over others with her opinions. At one of the reunions she spoke for Jacqueline instead of letting Jacqueline speak for herself. kudos to her because the next season she said she had been a bitch. My issue was that she could see the writing on the wall, but we, as humans, have to live and learn. It is hard when you see your kids or people you love involved in situations and you know the outcome not to say something- she couldn’t help herself. Personal Experiences are what develop us human beings, other Persons’ experiences are their experiences, not our own.

5. I know there is not a lot of love for Melissa on this forum, but she really did sacrifice a lot because of Teresa being “family”..  And her husbands only sister (yet alone sibling).

6. I’ll take my anonymous, not eventual life in suburbia over being a reality star (however, my life really needs more excitement).

• Love 6
(edited)

I know these shows have their wonky manipulative editing, but yoikes on this one...check out the really bad dubbing used to make it seem like it was part of the conversation at the 02:57 mark...

Also, Kim G is trying to get a permanent spot on this show in this scene like her life depends on it...

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, Stats Queen said:

b. A segment in season 4 when Caroline’s sons were making nasty comments about fat girls and hubby said “that’s a bunch of classy people”. I responded that this family was the most classy of all the families (in my initial opinion).

4. I was And am still a Caroline fan but she really liked to run over others with her opinions. At one of the reunions she spoke for Jacqueline instead of letting Jacqueline speak for herself. kudos to her because the next season she said she had been a bitch. My issue was that she could see the writing on the wall, but we, as humans, have to live and learn. It is hard when you see your kids or people you love involved in situations and you know the outcome not to say something- she couldn’t help herself. Personal Experiences are what develop us human beings, other Persons’ experiences are their experiences, not our own.

5. I know there is not a lot of love for Melissa on this forum, but she really did sacrifice a lot because of Teresa being “family”..  And her husbands only sister (yet alone sibling).

6. I’ll take my anonymous, not eventual life in suburbia over being a reality star (however, my life really needs more excitement).

I found many things about Caroline likeable but found her children awful. More so considering the way she’d run her mouth about other people’s kids. Her own children were and are very entitled. Danielle’s kids have turned out fine. Teresa’s kids were terrors but she knew that when she agreed to watch them. 
I remember feeling badly for Caroline on a rewatch because it seemed like others (Jacq, Dina, Teresa) manipulated her Mama Bear I’ll protect you personality. It seemed like oh I’ll hide behind Caroline and let her fight. Then later Caroline saw the light, many lights. The fact she could own up to her behavior was very admirable.

I think I am alone in this but Melissa falls in to the easy to pick on category so I’ve never found her as awful as others have. I read her book, I know this won’t make much sense but I don’t believe she’s awful inside or has the bad core so many of the others have. Reading about her life made me understand how she could end up with the husband she did, why she continues to stay even though now she has more money coming in than he does. 
I can’t imagine how much she’s put up with for the sake of “family”. 

On 6/27/2020 at 6:03 AM, Hiyo said:

Also, Kim G is trying to get a permanent spot on this show in this scene like her life depends on it...

Absolutely! I do think she’s been the only one to understand the wealth and campiness though. I loved her house. 

One more thing I’d like to add about Caroline is in retrospect I wonder how much of her behavior stems from her upbringing. Not much was ever really stated but it seemed like she shouldered a lot for her siblings and that is it’s own never really discussed dynamic. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Edited to add a bit more
  • Love 3

Doing a rewatch now 🙂

When I first watched i thought Ashlee was a brat. After rewatching, I have to give her a bit of a break. For starters, Jacqueline slyly needles her, waits for her to blow up, and then starts the “poor me” act. In one scene Jacqueline whispers to her daughter with a smirk “You looked just like Grandma walking in”. Ashlee is upset because the person she is talking about is overweight and old. They get into fight and Ashlee is thrown out of the house. Also, the Manzo kids (who are older than Ashlee) love to lecture her about responsibility... while living at home with their wealthy parents and cycling through careers 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
On 9/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, VioletWitch said:

Doing a rewatch now 🙂

When I first watched i thought Ashlee was a brat. After rewatching, I have to give her a bit of a break. For starters, Jacqueline slyly needles her, waits for her to blow up, and then starts the “poor me” act. In one scene Jacqueline whispers to her daughter with a smirk “You looked just like Grandma walking in”. Ashlee is upset because the person she is talking about is overweight and old. They get into fight and Ashlee is thrown out of the house. Also, the Manzo kids (who are older than Ashlee) love to lecture her about responsibility... while living at home with their wealthy parents and cycling through careers 

Isn’t it awful? After noticing it on a re-watch I was kind of horrified I didn’t pick up on it all the first time around. Then I wondered if this is what shows up on camera, I don’t want to see how Ashlee is treated off camera. 
The entitlement and attitude of the Manzo kids always bugs. 

• Love 6

I recall one scene where Ashlee is having dinner at a restaurant with Jacqueline, Chris, her dad and step mom.  It was going well..but Jacqueline needles Ashlee about something..and Ashlee responds.  Than Jacqueline plays victim..and kicks Ashlee out.

Jacqueline resented Ashlee and always viewed her as a reminder of her past.  Especially once she married Chris and had her 2 sons.  No wonder Ashlee acted up.  Not that I excuse it, but I understand.

• Love 11

Is anyone else watching the old seasons on Bravo all day?  

Danielle with her buddy Danny.  That guy should have been a "Friend Of" because he was in a lot of Season 2.  Kim G playing both sides, screaming at Danielle.

THIS is some good Real Housewives!  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7

Season 2 - Danielle called Caroline "Carmello" Soprano!  🤣

Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Danny Provolone was such a scumbag. Perfect for Danielle. Kim G was also a piece of work.

Such a scumbag!  And he SO doesn't fit into the Real Housewives "glam lives of rich ladies" vibe!  He's having these petty talks with Danielle, it is too funny.  What was he getting from all of this?  

• Love 4

52 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Blow jobs from Danielle?

That was Steve!  He was so gross.  I first called Danny Steve, but Danny is the mob guy/sidekick that was always "having Danielle's back" and coming over to discuss the goings-on of the women of Franklin Lakes.  I'm sure he was thrilled to parse the petty bickering.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, heatherchandler said:

That was Steve!  He was so gross.  I first called Danny Steve, but Danny is the mob guy/sidekick that was always "having Danielle's back" and coming over to discuss the goings-on of the women of Franklin Lakes.  I'm sure he was thrilled to parse the petty bickering.

Eh, potato potahto.  Danielle’s currency is blowies, the recipients are interchangeable. 🙄😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2021 at 6:36 AM, heatherchandler said:

Was Danny the one who acted as bodyguard so Danielle could go to Market Basket for a panini without fear of the other women attacking her in the produce aisle or some ridiculous crap?  

I have these old episodes on my DVR so I can take a stroll down Bravo's memory lane before the premiere.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Was Danny the one who acted as bodyguard so Danielle could go to Market Basket for a panini without fear of the other women attacking her in the produce aisle or some ridiculous crap?  

I have these old episodes on my DVR so I can take a stroll down Bravo's memory lane before the premiere.  

Yes he was her "bodyguard!"  I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

She is an actual lunatic.

I do feel for her daughters.  They seemed to be very smart and you could tell they were embarrassed by her.

• Love 5
On 2/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Any word on how the daughters are doing now? Hopefully, not the way of the Curtain girls of the OC. 

Both doing quite well. Danielle is well, Danielle. But her kids have always been well behaved, well adjusted. 
Christine is either in med school or on her way there and Jillian bakes really delicious looking, beautiful cakes. 

• Love 4

I just caught the reunion show end when the whole "Melissaisastrippergate" happened.  I noticed that even though this was like 9 or 10 years ago, Theresa still acts the exact same way!!!

ALL this shit has happened to her in life and she's STILL the turd stirrer. Ridiculous.

• Love 7

Marathoning all the seasons. Tre hasn't grown one bit as a person. I have never, would never, not in my vocabulary, not that person, always does the right thing, didn't spread a rumor just shared what i heard, I loooooove you. All said in her high, screechy voice that is her tell for lying/exaggerating.

She also does that thing where she'll ask people a question ending with "right?" To prompt the other person to back up her lies. I've never hurt you, right? I didn't say that , right? It doesn't really matter if they agree, because its a declaration and agreement will be assumed. 

She love bombs her friends in the beginning, all in and like family, but the second they dare to not take everything she says at face value, she's done with their traitor agenda and demonizes them to all who will listen.

She uses the concept of unconditional love as a weapon. No matter how shitty she is, you don't get to be mad. Of course,  she can be mad at you for any little thing.

She repeats the same things in an effort to make others (and maybe herself) believe its true. Her favorite is.. I don't hold grudges. Um, yeah, and girls don't poop.

She turns the conversation to herself at every opportunity. You could tell her you were getting your leg amputated and she'd say, at least its just your leg, imagine having your whole life taken from you when you did nothing to deserve it. Poor me, blah, blah, blah

She cuts off anyone that is a threat to her concocted world. Truth tellers aren't welcome. You either support Tres fantasy version of herself, or your persona non gratis. 

Tre reminds me so much of my NPD ex. There is no point in arguing, trying to have them take responsibility, exposing their lies or trying to help them see they're wrong. Any break through is as fake as the hollow apology they'll give when they decide its the only remaining option to come out "on top". 

Tre believes she is stealth in her deflecting, reflecting, denial tactics, but I find her totally predictable. 

• Love 9

I’m watching the early seasons of the show cause there’s nothing else on and I didn’t really watch the very beginning and omg Danielle is such a crazy bitch. Just watched the episode where Danielle first goes to the Brownstone and she arrives with some crackhead Danny. She makes a huge scene and starts shit pretending like she was kicked out somehow. When she created the whole crazy mess. She really thinks she’s some hot shit and it’s embarrassing to watch her. Danielle is mentally unstable. She’s horrible with her daughters too. She fucks them up. Kim G is weird too. What’s her end game? To get on the show?

• Love 2

Still watching old episodes lol. Kim G is embarrassing to watch. Danielle obviously needs intensive therapy and some serious medication. She has this whole fucked up world in her head it’s insane. Her bodyguard lmao like this whole shit is fucked up.

Posche fashion show episodes are so fucked up. Danielle running off pretending to be a victim and scared is such a joke lol. She’s being carried like she’s been shot wtf what a joke.

Not even a Teresa fan but Teresa made the show with this shit. Danielle deserved it all she’s just as fucked up as all of them. Teresa being friends with Danielle tho later on is so weird.

Danielle called 911 lmao. She can’t just go home. What a joke lol.

Danielle is a horrible mother also btw.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

So much for Caroline Manzo's "Let me tell you about my family. We’re as thick as thieves, and we protect each other ’til the end."

She writes a letter praising Tommy Manzo as kind & caring.  He's the ex-husband of her actual sister, Dina and he's accused of attacking Dina and her then fiance and hiring a hitman to beat up the same guy a couple years earlier.  Currently charged with both state & federal charges.  Caroline wrote a letter on his behalf,

I guess when she said family, she meant her husband's family rather than her own.  Sad. Makes even more sense now why Dina doesn't speak to her. 

https://realityblurb.com/2021/05/24/caroline-manzo-supports-tommy-manzo-after-hes-accused-of-attacking-her-sister-dina-manzo-rhonj-alum-writes-letter-praising-him-as-kind-and-caring/

https://www.nj.com/monmouth/2021/05/ex-husband-of-rhonjs-dina-manzo-freed-from-jail-to-await-trial-in-baseball-bat-attack.html

Edited by snarts
More details in second linked article
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Woah. The man is accused of a violent crime towards your sister and her husband, and you defend him??  That's...I don't even have words.  Even though they haven't spoken in years, I can't imagine this didn't further hurt Dina after being victimized in such a traumatic way.  What a shitty thing to do.

• Love 8
On 5/27/2021 at 7:57 AM, lasu said:

Woah. The man is accused of a violent crime towards your sister and her husband, and you defend him??  That's...I don't even have words.  Even though they haven't spoken in years, I can't imagine this didn't further hurt Dina after being victimized in such a traumatic way.  What a shitty thing to do.

Late to this (sorry) but this thick as thieves loudmouth snake behavior is why I could never like Caroline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2020 at 2:12 AM, LemonSoda said:

I think I am alone in this but Melissa falls in to the easy to pick on category so I’ve never found her as awful as others have. I read her book, I know this won’t make much sense but I don’t believe she’s awful inside or has the bad core so many of the others have. Reading about her life made me understand how she could end up with the husband she did, why she continues to stay even though now she has more money coming in than he does. 
I can’t imagine how much she’s put up with for the sake of “family”. 

Any chance of sharing some examples? I don't know what to make of Melissa, but I don't want to read the book :(.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Any chance of sharing some examples? I don't know what to make of Melissa, but I don't want to read the book :(.

She has a lot of hero worship for her Father. That set behavioral patterns of needing a man who treats her like a Princess to fill voids. A lot of ignored dysfunction and generational trauma. 

She puts so much effort in to “appearances” to the extent that if everything looks okay then that makes it all okay. 

• Love 3

Oh god, just checked out the Instagram of one of the new friends and I might have to quit watching. That Danielle, friend of Teresa, person.  Her voice is godawful.  It might be worse than Tre.

Can't casting find someone less "jersey" sounding??? 

• LOL 4

That Danielle, friend of Teresa, person.

Unless there was another Danielle on the show, the Danielle you are referring to is Danielle Staub, no? She was a full-on HW in seasons 1 and 2, and a "Friend of" in seasons 8 to 10.

• Useful 3
On 5/23/2022 at 6:43 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

Oh god, just checked out the Instagram of one of the new friends and I might have to quit watching. That Danielle, friend of Teresa, person.  Her voice is godawful.  It might be worse than Tre.

Can't casting find someone less "jersey" sounding??? 

Technically that’s a Staten Island accent. Danielle C is from Staten Island then moved to NJ. She was on True Life’s I’m a Staten Island Girl. She wanted to be an actress, tone down her accent. From her goals over the years it’s almost sad she would go on this show. I had to unfollow her a few years ago because all the loud scream-talking gave me a headache. 

I’m re-watching for background noise. On Season 3 now. I had forgotten how uncomfortable and condescending the scene with the Manzo’s going to Vito’s family’s business was. “Your son graduated from Fordham and knows how to slice mortadella. Four years of college!” At least Vito has a real job unlike their kids. That whole scene with Al talking about his kids is cringe to me. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Like 3
On 12/18/2022 at 3:28 PM, LemonSoda said:

Technically that’s a Staten Island accent. Danielle C is from Staten Island then moved to NJ. She was on True Life’s I’m a Staten Island Girl. She wanted to be an actress, tone down her accent. From her goals over the years it’s almost sad she would go on this show. I had to unfollow her a few years ago because all the loud scream-talking gave me a headache. 

I’m re-watching for background noise. On Season 3 now. I had forgotten how uncomfortable and condescending the scene with the Manzo’s going to Vito’s family’s business was. “Your son graduated from Fordham and knows how to slice mortadella. Four years of college!” At least Vito has a real job unlike their kids. That whole scene with Al talking about his kids is cringe to me. 

The Manzo kids were lazy losers. They were condescending to Vito. Caroline made a comment about carrying Chanel and that# it’s not important. Then why did you mention it Caroline? 

• Love 1
On 12/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, Chatty Cake said:

The Manzo kids were lazy losers. They were condescending to Vito. Caroline made a comment about carrying Chanel and that# it’s not important. Then why did you mention it Caroline? 

It was such an uncomfortable scene. To the point I was wondering why Vito would be friends with such losers. I doubt either Manzo boy could do Vito’s job for a day. 
Now I’m on S4. The fat shaming of Lauren, even from her own parents is both anger inducing and heartbreaking 

• Like 6

The season three Christmas episodes were on over the weekend. Jacqueline was once a good friend to Tre. It’s kind of sad how south things went. 
Kathy was there to stir up shit with Teresa not to make peace like she claimed. She had a sly smile on her face prior to saying hello to her at Melissa’s Christmas party. 
Caroline and the Manzos seemed to become bigger assholes as the seasons went on but I do think if Teresa hadn’t bad mouthed her in her book, they could have maintained a friendship. 
Joe and Melissa were really impressed with themselves and thought they should be the stars of the show. Looking back at the early days I think there was too much bad blood for them to ever be in a good place.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The season three Christmas episodes were on over the weekend. Jacqueline was once a good friend to Tre. It’s kind of sad how south things went. 
Kathy was there to stir up shit with Teresa not to make peace like she claimed. She had a sly smile on her face prior to saying hello to her at Melissa’s Christmas party. 
Caroline and the Manzos seemed to become bigger assholes as the seasons went on but I do think if Teresa hadn’t bad mouthed her in her book, they could have maintained a friendship. 
Joe and Melissa were really impressed with themselves and thought they should be the stars of the show. Looking back at the early days I think there was too much bad blood for them to ever be in a good place.

That’s really the core issue. Too many deep seeded family issues that will never be resolved due to their lack of self awareness, willing to take accountability for themselves, their behavior, the way they’ve treated each other.

I’ve always been curious about Jacqueline. The issues with Ashley seemed to stem from her own emotional immaturity but with friends she would turn on someone quick. She seemed to really enjoy needling others. The friendship with Danielle was much more than shown. As Danielle stated which was later proven to be true, she did a lot for Ashley, took her to school, helped her out.

With Teresa she manipulated a lot and acted like it was a personal attack on their friendship when she didn’t want to discuss legal issues on camera. I don’t believe Teresa to be smart enough to realize it was all an attempt to get show content or that by then she realized Jacqueline wasn’t trustworthy? I don’t know. I’m just surprised how more I notice on every re-watch. 

Kathy was brought on to stir but despite how annoying the Wakiles could be, I thought their kids were very well behaved. They seemed to appreciate everything they had. Their Christmas seemed to focus less on gifts which I liked. Kathy’s baking book is good. We should have a housewives book thread because so many are actually good. 

I’m not sure Teresa would’ve stayed friendly with Caroline. Between the vacation fight where the boys got arrested, Teresa’s allegiance and closeness to Dina, also with the spin off, her radio show, her own endeavors Caroline was getting too big of a head. Another random thing that bugs is for all the “I told you so’s” when someone genuinely cares for you they discuss those things with you not a tv, book or radio audience. 

Joe and Melissa thought they were going to be the stars! There were even posts back in the day about how much nicer Melissa’s house is, how we were all going to be shocked. Yes, I loved the cardboard sink! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Joe and Melissa oversold themselves. 

Jacqueline Laurita claims Melissa is a liar (who lies easily and convincingly) who never wanted to reconcile with Teresa and used the other HWs in order to serve her purpose. The four nose jobs comment was to show this. Melissa told Andy Cohen she didn't even have one, and it was contouring. Jackie said she had four (back then).

Screenshot_20230129_012343_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Jacqueline Laurita claims Melissa is a liar (who lies easily and convincingly) who never wanted to reconcile with Teresa and used the other HWs in order to serve her purpose. The four nose jobs comment was to show this. Melissa told Andy Cohen she didn't even have one, and it was contouring. Jackie said she had four (back then).

Jacq misses the paycheck? 

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Jacqueline may be thirsty but I believe her. Melissa wanted on the show so bad and was jealous that Tre had the show. She never wanted to make peace with her. She wanted to become the star and leave Teresa in the dust. Too bad for her the show didn’t even film while Tre was away. It’s high time Bravo dumps Melissa. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Jacqueline may be thirsty but I believe her. Melissa wanted on the show so bad and was jealous that Tre had the show. She never wanted to make peace with her. She wanted to become the star and leave Teresa in the dust. Too bad for her the show didn’t even film while Tre was away. It’s high time Bravo dumps Melissa. 

I believe most of the dirt they all say about each other. The Gorgas were thirsty and starved, wanted to steal the show. 

• Like 4