Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Heads Will Roll

Season 2 begins with Big Jim deciding Barbie's fate. Meanwhile, the Dome presents a new threat when it becomes magnetized; and Julia seeks the help of a stranger to save the life of a mysterious girl who may hold clues to the Dome's origin.

So, new guy Sam Verdreaux has been living in the cabin and hasn't noticed anything different for the past two weeks -- that there has been a dome over the town (and whatever woodsy area he's living in).  WTF ?  Apparently he hasn't been to town in years. And he's Junior's uncle.

Why did Julia go swimming out to the girl in the lake ?  She has a boat !!!  It's right there beside her on the lakeshore.
Where did the mystery girl come from -- Julia was just out in the lake and there was nobody drowning until she got to shore ?

That magnetic scene by the dome was just stupid -- to have a magnetic field that strong to drag a car from that far away would be ripping the iron out of the blood of anyone close to the Dome.

Nice to see that Julia's chest wound is still there -- yay, continuity !!!

So an ex-EMT is living in the woods -- and no one thinks to go get him in an emergency when they are short on doctors and nurses at the hospital.  No one ?

They killed off Linda after she finally comes to her senses and stops a hanging. On the plus side, Linda got a makeover after she died and became a dome avatar.

Where has the high school science teacher, Rebecca Pine, been for the last two weeks ?  She would have been handy helping out Dodie.
Was she just part of the mobs in town ?  Though apparently she's been busy building scale models of the town in her spare time.

You could practically see the strings that were holding up those flying frying pans ?  Does the magnetism of the dome also offset gravity ? 
How come none of the metal in their clothes was affected -- zippers, belt buckles, rivets in their jeans, all the jewellry around Fivehead's neck, rings, watches, etc. ?

Why was the cabin in the woods completely unaffected by the magnetism of the dome ?  It's near the lake that is intersected by the dome.

Where did that giant coil of copper wire come from for the giant magnet ?  Let alone how did they get it there with none of the vehicles working due to the magnetism ?

Umm, don't grenades have a time-delayed fuse so that you have time to through it after pulling the pin ? Like 5-8 seconds ?

Nice to see that Barbie has practiced trust falls before -- so he knows how to catch people close to him to keep them from hitting their heads.  Whereas everyone else in town is going to have either a large goose bump on their noggin or a mild concussion.

Junior has a dome dream of his mom in a town called Zenith that has a distinctive tower in it and he gets to see his mommy.  And at the end of the show, there's mom painting her shitty paintings with with Zenith tower in the background -- as if it is part of the real world (complete with TV talking about the dome).

All that magnetism and Julia's Prius is working just fine.  The only electric car in town is not affected by the dome magnetism.

Julia, Big Jim and Barbie (any mystery girl) are the only people not affected by the magnetism.  How convenient.

As quickly as the gallows goes up, the gallows comes down.

And the diner is back up and running as if nothing has gone wrong, coffee all around. And where was Stephen King hiding all this time ?

My money is on Julia being pregnant with mini-Barbie.

Angie discovers something mysterious in the locker at the school (my guess is another egg), and she gets axed for her troubles.  Yet Angie manages to close the locker door in her death throes and leaves a big bloody hand print on the locker door.

Why was it night-time at the end of last season, but once the dome turned opaque it was daytime.  And when it finally switched back to transparent it was daytime.  Did everyone stay up all night, yet no one was getting sleepy ?  Man, this is confusing.

• Love 3

Basically this was just characters randomly popping up out of nowhere, blacking out, randomly walking around, etc.  Scenes and scenes of it.

As for Deputy Dumbass, Idc she's been nothing but incompetent and it's not like these dumb folks need her anyway.

The dome supposedly wants to stop the killing even though the dome is the reason why many people are dying in the first place and it suddenly stops when Jim almost dies because 'dome rules'.

Speaking of which, it seems like Jim is going to get a contrived redemption like his psycho asshole son and he'll get more annoying family angst/melodrama.  His mom's art still sucks.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, fare-thee-well, Angie.  Too bad Joe and Norrie couldn't have followed.

I kind of like Science Lady and feel nothing for Sam.

Also, I wonder if the townsfolk'll send "Sorry we almost lynched you" cakes to Barbie?  I like to think they will.

All-in-all...Kind of a boring premiere.  I can't believe I spent nearly a year in irritated wait for a resolution.  A stupid resolution, but a resolution nonetheless.  Come to think of it, it was a shit resolution.

Also, where the fuck was my skater boy?

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1

The Dome may be killing people but doing us a favor.  Thanks Mr King!  I'd ask someone to tell me what happened but why bother?  All I understood was Junior's mom is not dead and painting. 

So after all the complaints about the stupidity and ridiculousness of season 1 the producers decided not to change a thing! 

Why was Linda's hair different? Where has this science teacher been hiding since the past year? And the uncle too?

And my big question: why at the beginning when Barbie was in the car with Linda and everyone else did no one think to remove his handcuffs? I mean ignoring the fact that Barbie was about to be hanged without the benefit of a trial and is presumed innocent until proven guilty it made no sense for him to still be in handcuffs!

The only reason I watch this show is to look at hot Barbie (yummy!) And snark! 

• Love 3

Oh, man.  Any hope that this show was actually going to improve (especially since Stephen King actually wrote this episode, right?) just went away before the opening title card.  Between Julia swimming that entire way to save Mysterious Girl instead of just taking the boat she just got off of (although, really, I'm sure that was just so they could get Rachel Lefervre's white tank-top all wet), to Linda just standing like a fucking moron and letting that car crush her, I was howling.  An idiot to the end, that Linda.

So, yeah, all this just happened.  Basically, all this shit happen because either a) science (really wanted Jesse PInkman to show up and drop a "Yeah, bitch!  Magnets!" for no reason) or b) the Dome was tired of Jim's shit.  Either way, Jim now is playing nice, which is lame.  Really, one of the most entertaining things is watching Dean Norris chew scenery in the laziest way possible.  I don't want nice guy Dean Norris!

DJ Phil is now Deputy Phil!  Ha, sure, why not?

Aisha Hinds now only being a guest star makes me think she isn't long for this world either.

Joe and Norrie continue to irrationally bug me.  I miss the dog.

New characters magically show up: hot teacher and Junior's uncle.  On one hand, it kind of comes off like they're just going to be potential love interests for Barbie (teacher) and Julia (uncle.)  On the other hand, they can't end up being as bad as Maxine was, right?

So, Jim's wife is alive?  What a twist!  And, dammit!  They couldn't get Betsy Brandt to play her!

Angie joins Linda in the death list.  She was one of the few I tolerated last season, but since she seemed to be warming up to Junior, it's no big loss now.  I just hope that whatever Britt Robertson and Natalie Martinez do next, it's better then this.  Really, I'm usually all for not trashing your past work, but I especially won't blame Natalie at all, if she is secretly shit-talking this show to fellow actors, for making her play such an idiotic character.

Welcome back, Under the Dumb!

• Love 4

I don't want nice guy Dean Norris!

Right after Julia saves Big Jim and the townspeople start waking up, it cut to Big Jim trying to smile and his mouth sort of twitching, like it was unfamiliar with such a thing, and all I could think of was Moe from The Simpsons when he tried to turn his bar into a family restaurant.  The ad Moe runs for his new Family Feed Bag has him smiling at the camera, face twitching, just like Dean Norris was doing!

• Love 1

Well, this show is still criminally stupid but at least they surprised me with Angie's death.  I thought the Dome loved her because she was one of the Four Hands.

Why did Mystery Girl say "Sorry" to Linda's body.

Linda finally grows a backbone and then dies for it.

Okay...so - the Dome is tired of the killing and wants it to stop, which it expresses last season by showing the Four Hands a vision of Big Jim bleeding from terrible wounds inflicted supposedly by the knives that suddenly appeared in their hands.  I'm sorry, but if it's trying to say "give peace a chance" it needs to find another way to go about it.

There's something creepy about this Zenith place.

They telegraphed a little bit of jealousy when Julia met the science teacher and when Barbie met Cabin Uncle.  I was amused when Julia insisted that the Dome stopped the magnetic crisis and science teacher smiled at her in an "okay, she's looney" kind of way.

Not seeing how they would have the resources to have coffee, much less build a big magnet tower in about 10 seconds flat.

• Love 2

I think I'm out because they killed off two of the strongest women on the show tonight outside of Carolyn and if Aisha Hinds is now a guest star that doesn't bode well for her character. If she dies then both of the lesbians will have been killed and that is such a cliche.

• Love 1

How come none of the metal in their clothes was affected -- zippers, belt buckles, rivets in their jeans, all the jewellry around Fivehead's neck, rings, watches, etc. ?

I loved it when it ripped off badges and nametags and left belt buckles. And theoretically, anyone wearing lace-up shoes would have metal rivets on them. But the belt buckles were so freaking obvious.

I thought the Dome loved her because she was one of the Four Hands.

Maybe that contrived new girl is the replacement.

I think I'm out because they killed off two of the strongest women on the show tonight outside of Carolyn and if Aisha Hinds is now a guest star that doesn't bode well for her character. If she dies then both of the lesbians will have been killed and that is such a cliche.

She's barely on the show and when she is, she's unconscious or something.

Yeah, let's make the town DJ the new sheriff. that sounds like a good idea.

Doesn't the DJ think Barbie killed Dodie? Wouldn't he maybe not be OK with that as the new "law" in town? Whatever. Guess Big Jim doesn't have to worry about Angie spilling the beans to him about Dodie's real killer...
(edited)

Under The Dome is back and maybe because I was expecting it to not be very good I was surprised it wasn't that awful. There were a few things I liked about it. The new science teacher is smart and actively trying to figure out what the dome is doing and coming up with solutions. I hope she doesn't fall under the stupid spell Linda did last season and get dumber each episode until she is completely incompetent and a danger to the town. I also like Joe better when he is with her. We get flashes of that smart kid who was trying to figure out the dome before he met five head and his IQ seemed to drop every minute he spent with her. As for Linda, I kind of thought she was going to be one of the deaths tonight and I was glad I was right. I really could not take any more of her being Big Jim's sycophantic lackey for another season. I already like her better dead since she talked Big Jim into climbing the gallows to do what he was planning on doing to Barbie. It looks like Big Jim is going to be spending this season getting visits from dead former domites. It was nice seeing Dodie again and I hope she shows up often to give Jim shit for killing her and being an all around ass.

Barbie continues to be one of the smartest and most moral guys in Chesters Mills. It should be interesting to see his relationship with Big Jim and Junior now since the truth about Dodie's death is out.

Overall not an awful start to the season and for UTD that is a good sign.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 5

I just realized there was a bloody handprint in season 1's first episode (Barbie's after the cow got sliced in half by the Dome) and a bloody handprint in season 2's first episode (from Angie being murdered).

• Love 2

Doesn't the DJ think Barbie killed Dodie? Wouldn't he maybe not be OK with that as the new "law" in town? Whatever. Guess Big Jim doesn't have to worry about Angie spilling the beans to him about Dodie's real killer...

It really doesn't matter, he can get away with anything with these people.

That was an interesting painting technique that Mrs Big Jim was using at the end. No wonder she was locked up in a loony bin. A two year old paints with more finesse.

Last year, which is really only a few days ago under the dome, they were running out food. Yet last night the diner was apparently fully stocked, with specials and everything. I wonder what the soup of the day is?

It would really suck if they're going to have the actors who were fortunate to get killed off make random ghostly appearances. Haven't they suffered enough?

It's amazing how new townsfolk randomly turn up yet no one knows who they are, despite this being a town of about 200 people (including extras).

It was an awful shame to tear down those incredibly well engineered and masterfully constructed gallows after only two almost uses. Couldn't they convert it to a dunk tank or something?

• Love 3

I love watching this show, it's just so free of all rules or logic, it's really liberating.  I think it'd be great fun if they had some sort of twitter contest where people could submit their ideas for most outlandish contrived plot-points, and the winners would be incorporated on the show.  

I'm sorry that they didn't go the belt buckle magnetized route -- I love the idea of everyone having to run around in their boxer shorts, and all the buildings in town being destroyed.  

How come only some buildings were destroyed?  I think I missed some subtle detail about the reach of the dome's magnetic pulling.  

Linda being like "Come to me, Jim... Come to me..."  So creepy.  She looked nice with her hair down though.

• Love 4

Angie being killed was as much blessing for me as was when Emma was killed on The Following. Now  i have no reason to continue watching both of those absolutely crappy shows. Good luck for Britt Robertson to find better show, it should not be that hard.

• Love 1

For the benefit of doubt, maybe the belt buckles and other stuff were made out of gold, silver or aluminum, not attracted to magnets so that's why they stayed in place..

I guess nobody was wearing fake gold jewelry.

Yeah I'm sad they killed two of the best looking women in town..

Did they went 10 commandments there? painting a door with blood so you first born will not be killed? or what was that?

• Love 1

Angie being killed was as much blessing for me as was when Emma was killed on The Following. Now  i have no reason to continue watching both of those absolutely crappy shows. Good luck for Britt Robertson to find better show, it should not be that hard.

Better luck trying to find a show where she lasts longer than 2 season.

I was debating whether to give Season 2 a shot after Season 1 disintegrated the way it did (after a very strong beginning).

I ended up watching the show.

I think that turned out to be a mistake. Although marieYotz's suggestions have merit.

(edited)

How bad is Junior's mom as an artist ?  There was one painting with actual stick figures behind the couch in her apartment.  And she paints her artwork like she's painting a house.  As an aside, Sherri Stringfield needs to wax her mustache if she's going to do closeups like that.

Would Big Jim have really faked his wife's death somehow ?  Junior remembers her and has obviously been traumatized by her death.

On the TV news in Junior's mom's apartment, they show the Dome ringed by banks of lights, spotlights criss-crossing the dome, helicopters flying around -- yet no one inside the dome can see any of this ?  As far as the Domites are concerned they have been abandoned by the outside world since the missile explosion since they have apparently noticed none of this going on outside.

We know the military has been observing the dome continuously since they know that Big Jim killed the reverend, and Dodie's radio reception picked up military talk about the dome.

ETA: The other odd things about the TV news feed of the dome -- the entire town is lit up like a Christmas tree, despite the fact they've been running on generators for 2 weeks now and should be out of fuel, plus any/all damage to the electrical grid caused by the magnetic dome stripping away anything ferro-magnetic (except, of course, that massive copper coil used to magnetize the tower).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

How bad is Junior's mom as an artist ?  There was one painting with actual stick figures behind the couch in her apartment.  And she paints her artwork like she's painting a house.  As an aside, Sherri Stringfield needs to wax her mustache if she's going to do closeups like that.

Would Big Jim have really faked his wife's death somehow ?  Junior remembers her and has obviously been traumatized by her death.

On the TV news in Junior's mom's apartment, they show the Dome ringed by banks of lights, spotlights criss-crossing the dome, helicopters flying around -- yet no one inside the dome can see any of this ?  As far as the Domites are concerned they have been abandoned by the outside world since the missile explosion since they have apparently noticed none of this going on outside.

We know the military has been observing the dome continuously since they know that Big Jim killed the reverend, and Dodie's radio reception picked up military talk about the dome.

ETA: The other odd things about the TV news feed of the dome -- the entire town is lit up like a Christmas tree, despite the fact they've been running on generators for 2 weeks now and should be out of fuel, plus any/all damage to the electrical grid caused by the magnetic dome stripping away anything ferro-magnetic (except, of course, that massive copper coil used to magnetize the tower).

Not to mention this is all happening after a shortage of food/supplies.

(edited)

Not to mention this is all happening after a shortage of food/supplies.

Remember the food riots at the grocery store around about Day 7 in the dome.  Yet somehow the lack of food or electricity (or change in mgmt.) hasn't affected the Sweetbriar Rose and it's ability to serve food.  Where did the short order cook in the back come from ?  Was Angie hiring during all the chaos that was going on ? Maybe he worked for Rose, the previous owner.

Looking at the dome on that TV feed, I just don't see how it is big enough to encompass everything that was shown last season -- the cement factory, the farms, the town, the lake (though you can see the lake in the TV shot) -- let alone that it's big enough that some people have no idea that there is anything wrong, and are too stupid to look up into the sky and question the pink stars falling up, or the fact that it was bright as day in the middle of the night.  I'm pointing my finger straight at Sam, Junior's uncle -- or has he been on a bender for the last two weeks, though his electricity was working just fine.

Or the fact

that there's enough room in the dome for an airfield as Barbie flies a plane in an upcoming episode.

ETA: If that scale model by the high school science teacher is accurate, the dome is not very big.  And the island where Maxine and her mom were living is cut in half by the dome.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
(edited)

When it comes to dumb writing, there's passive, lazy dumb, accidental  dumb, and "I can't be bothered to research stuff" dumb.

But this show goes full-out, bat-shit aggressive crazy dumb.

... I sort of admire that .. 

I'm not going to watch on a regular basis, but now I am rooting for seasons 3, 4, and 5 just to see how awful and convoluted it can become. ..And the very special Christmas episodes.. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm sorry that they didn't go the belt buckle magnetized route -- I love the idea of everyone having to run around in their boxer shorts, and all the buildings in town being destroyed.  

How come only some buildings were destroyed?  I think I missed some subtle detail about the reach of the dome's magnetic pulling.  

Having the town walk around without pants for half the episode would have been great for Barbie, Junior, Julia, Angie and Sam but there was a few of those town folk I would much rather they keep their pants on.

I was also wondering why only Joe's house imploded. Did his house have more nails than all the other houses in the dome? His house wasn't the only one close to the dome. I remember that Julia's house was also right on the edge of the dome but I have a feeling that her house is going to be just fine if they ever show it again.

Still, I have come to accept that I have to let these huge lapses in logic go and just enjoy Big Jim being crazy evil and looking at Barbie (and now Sam!)

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 2
(edited)

For the benefit of doubt, maybe the belt buckles and other stuff were made out of gold, silver or aluminum, not attracted to magnets so that's why they stayed in place..

Nah, when that house is being destroyed they show the aluminum gutters flying away. And how much magnetic material could there be in the sheriff's walkie-talkie that got pulled off her shoulder? This show drives the science nerd in me crazy. (And I didn't even watch last season after the first 2 episodes. I got pulled in by the S1 retrospective last week. Condensed into 1 hour it was pretty interesting.)

Edited by Quilt Fairy

...and looking at Barbie (and now Sam!)

My thoughts exactly. Only here for the eye-candy.

The rough hotness that is Eddie Cahill graces my screen again. I kind of don't care about the rest... It's just all too inconsistent.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wondered about that too.  When we're shown locations close to the edge of the dome, like Joe's farm, no rings of lights, spotlights, or military personnel are seen.  Good point too about all the lights inside the dome and no more problems with supplies.  I think we're supposed to figure that after Junior shot the mean farm/water hoarder guy last season, the town has been able to plant crops and so they're okay food wise.  I don't know anything about farming but if it's only been a couple of weeks in the dome, isn't that too short a time for them to have usable crops ready to be harvested?  I believe that farming is also a lot of work and the townspeople wouldn't have so much time to stand around and watch Barbie get hanged.

And now things should be even harder since Rebecca the science teacher said the magnetized dome messed up more stuff.  Yet I'm sure Barbie can just tinker up some gadget in a few minutes and everything will be fine.  (rolls eyes)

Edited by Blue Plastic

I got sucked in like the SUV that killed Linda.  (::shakes fist at Vogel and Cahill, then blows kisses::) 

I am betting that The Girl is Cahill's sister who drowned herself however long ago, which is why he made faces and didn't tell Julia how his sister died. Then Julia's going to get huffy about Sam not leveling with her, the reporter/Monarch who saved his dead drowing sister. Sidenote: nice artwork on The Girl's picture in (apparently) a family Book of Crazy. Better than NotJunior!James' mom's art. (I don't mind primitive style, but that is some not-exactly-primitive style Ms. Stringfield is supposed to be painting.)

I agree with others that Linda and Angie have to be in better shows now, so I can mourn them properly. Note to Those In Charge: If you want some ' Is [character X] alive or was she just killed right then?' to bring folks back for the next week? Don't show someone, who's not a doctor by the way, tell someone that [character X] is dead in the previews for the next episode! If you don't give a flying fig, then you can ignore this note, as I'm sure you do other notes you aren't in the mood for.

I loved Dead!Dodee, but I'm torn. On one hand, I enjoyed Dead!Dodee messing with Jim and him talking back to her and then getting relieved she'd not be there , then she'd pop up and be gross ( sticking her finger in her bullet wound...), cool (...then pointing that bloody finger at Jim), and cryptic. On the other hand, I just want to see her rock in a cool role on a better show.  I like Jolene Purdy and want to continue seeing her on my tv. (Or get Ms. Purdy and Nicolas Strong on a fun rom-com because they were great working together last season and the Skeeter Davis "It's the End of the World" scene was one of their best scenes, imo.)

I like Ms. Pine and I am going to love her disagreements with Julia about science vs. The Dome (because the Dome is not a religion, and a poor analog, imo.) I hope that Julia doesn't get to "prove" she's being rational by stating that she's a reporter. She admitted to Junior last season that she's not that good, at least ethics-wise, so she doesn't have a foundation for the town to trust her, especially as she's new to town. Also, her husband did a lot a lot of shady stuff without her knowing anything. I personally believe that you can be religious and embrace science too. I just am not looking forward to Self-righteous Monarch Julia speechifying to science-shame Ms. Pine.

As to the "tv feed", I think, that like most news organizations now, they just used stock footage, so no matter where Mama Rennie is (Zenith, I got it Show), the news she was watching was showing "old" two week old film/tape.  (This is where not having any idea what's next bit them- there could've been other cameras rolling during 'Visitor's Day' and rando footage of Domers seeing family, people writing messages back and forth and rando soldiers wandering in and out of shots, but that would've 1) meant they were thinking ahead to the season they just got granted, and 2) boots on the ground to make it happen.)

If I was a townsperson, I wouldn't be rushing to own the Briar Rose- the last two owners were killed. Okay, if I was a guy, I might be interested because- food and rooms upstairs. Being a gal, not so much, unless I shut down the café and treated it as a B& B with a great kitchen. All the doors would be like NYC apartment door from 70s era sitcoms ( tons of locks and a safety bar) and the windows would be barred. Bastards would have to work to get into there.  

Is Jack The Hacker (what I call the axe-wielder from Angie's death) going to be a new character or is it going to be Big Jim again, some more?

Is the Church Bell Innie and Outtie for Season 2? The shot that gets shown every week?

Good points about Sam not knowing what's going on for the past 2 weeks. But I'm more concerned about the fact that apparently he's been living in that house in the woods for 9 years (?) and no one seems to know he was there. Just how big is this bloody town? We know it was cut in half by the dome. We know the woods only make up a portion of the town. We know everyone has been running through the woods burying bodies, finding eggs, trying to hide, etc.  We know that (presumably) leaves fall off the trees in a Maine (?) winter, making the woods less dense.

And yet.....no one has ever come across a large cabin right on the edge of the lake?

Another favorite part:

Sam: "I'm looking for a girl, 17-years -old, with long dark hair"

Angie: "I just saw her!"

Yes - it seems there is only one teenage girl with long dark hair in all of Chesters Mill.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looking at the dome on that TV feed, I just don't see how it is big enough to encompass everything that was shown last season -- the cement factory, the farms, the town, the lake (though you can see the lake in the TV shot) -- let alone that it's big enough that some people have no idea that there is anything wrong, and are too stupid to look up into the sky and question the pink stars falling up, or the fact that it was bright as day in the middle of the night.  I'm pointing my finger straight at Sam, Junior's uncle -- or has he been on a bender for the last two weeks, though his electricity was working just fine.

Last year, IIRC Joe mentioned that the dome is 10 miles across. That gives the area under the dome of around 78 square miles. It is like the land area of Manhattan and Staten Islands combined. So in terms of whether it is big enough to contain all the locales, I would say yes. However, there is no reason whatsoever that people do not realize that there is a dome over them. I also dislike the way the show introduces new characters, starting with Natalie Zea and her mother. When something as life-changing as a dome comes down, would normal people not be looking for information?

Edited to clarify.

Edited by TV Anonymous

When it comes to dumb writing, there's passive, lazy dumb, accidental  dumb, and "I can't be bothered to research stuff" dumb.

But this show goes full-out, bat-shit aggressive crazy dumb.

... I sort of admire that ..

I remember all the ragging on Jericho's first season we did over its problems with realism. This show makes Jericho look like a documentary. And at least Jericho got really good in the second season. 

Another favorite part:

Yes - it seems there is only one teenage girl with long dark hair in all of Chesters Mill.

I loved that myself. Also, if my uncle had been living as a recluse in the woods for years, and a catastrophic event happened to my town, I'd go out and check on him at some point. But that's just me. Anyway, I'm happy to see Eddie Cahill on my screen again. 

Ditto for Sherry Springfield, even if she can't paint. Maybe Big Jim was lying to everyone about her death, because she ran away or was committed to a mental hospital or something else Big Jim found embarrassing. 

I just can't believe that Junior and Big Jim are still alive and characters I liked (like Linda and Dodee) are dead. Yuck. 

(edited)
Last year, IIRC Joe mentioned that the dome is 10 miles across. That gives the area under the dome of around 78 square miles. It is like the land area of Manhattan and Staten Islands combined.

That's the part that bugs me -- they've stated it's 10 miles across, but in the scale model in the high school and in the TV news feed it doesn't look even close to 5 miles across, let alone 10, so it only looks about 1/4 the size it should be.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I like Ms. Pine and I am going to love her disagreements with Julia about science vs. The Dome (because the Dome is not a religion, and a poor analog, imo.) 

I liked her at first, until she started getting all insistent that her science was the only way to explain what happened to a structure whose existence can not be explained by science.

When something as life-changing as a dome comes down, would normal people be looking for information?

Yes, normal people with a modicum of common and curiosity sense would.

Another thing that makes me laugh while watching this show is how unconvincingly the actors interact with the special effects. It looked like the actor playing Linda threw her utility belt towards wall in order simulate it being pulled away. For the church/steeple scene I imagined the cast interacting with a guy waving a mop over his head as a stand in for the CGI.

Damn, Julia's knife is sharp as fuck!

• Love 1

Another favorite part:

Well from the few people still on their feet by that time, sure...

I'm also wondering why Barbie and Julia resisted that much to the knockout magnetism, chosen ones? 

I am betting that The Girl is Cahill's sister who drowned herself however long ago, which is why he made faces and didn't tell Julia how his sister died.

His sister is Junior's mother, who either killed herself, as I think we were given to understand last season, or faked her death (there was a funeral, at least) and moved to whatever city she's now painting in. (The scrapbook he was looking at was Pauline Verdreaux's, and Sherry Stringfield is credited on IMDb as Pauline.) That's not to say he didn't have ANOTHER sister, but there's already plenty of mystery around the one we know about. I think we're supposed to think she has some kind of precognition about Dome-events, so she could have predicted Drownsie years ago when she drew that sketch.

Or...maybe Drownsie is Pauline, as she looked when she was a teenager. Literally anything is possible on this idiotic show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just can't believe that Junior and Big Jim are still alive and characters I liked (like Linda and Dodee) are dead. Yuck.

Worse, we're getting more of their stupid family drama/angst, especially with his mom in the picture and him probably mourning over Angie while this show completely whitewash's the psycho's actions in locking her in a bomb shelter.

I'm not going to watch on a regular basis, but now I am rooting for seasons 3, 4, and 5 just to see how awful and convoluted it can become. ..And the very special Christmas episodes..

Oh, it's already there, no need to drag this out even more.

Edited by FAU

It was really dumb for Angie to follow that random girl down a dark and empty street.  So dumb she kind of deserved to get killed.  But I'll miss her because it least she actively tried to do stuff.  Lots of it was dumb, but it least it was something.

I was also wondering about the diner suddenly being full of food.  It's like the pressed a big reset button and expect us not to remember.

• Love 2

It was really dumb for Angie to follow that random girl down a dark and empty street.  So dumb she kind of deserved to get killed.  But I'll miss her because it least she actively tried to do stuff.  Lots of it was dumb, but it least it was something.

I was also wondering about the diner suddenly being full of food.  It's like the pressed a big reset button and expect us not to remember.

She's part of Under the Dumb, a town full of brain dead people who will blindly believe anything.

• Love 2
Why did Mystery Girl say "Sorry" to Linda's body.

I figure she's connected to the Dome, and was apologizing on its behalf that Linda was collateral damage of the magnetic field it was sending out. 

I also wondered if she hatched out of the egg that Julia dumped in that very same lake.  There was an awful lot of talk about labor pains. 

• Love 4