Type keyword(s) to search

The Leftovers in the Media

On May 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, maystone said:

A review of G'day Melbourne by Alan Sepinwall. I think his take on the episode is spot on.

Indeed it is. And it evoked some thoughtful comments, such as:

Seemed like the LADR team put a lot of effort into bringing C*** down for it to all hinge on an answer to a question they could have asked before she stepped on a plane to Australia.

and:

When Nora reads The Book of Kevin, she says to him that Matt “capitalizes your H’s” as though Kevin is the divine. 
When Kevin then reads a bit in the hotel room, the camera goes tight on the page. We are lead to see:
He feared he had Lost His mind
Lost is the last word at the end of the line, and it’s capitalized. Funny. The operatic nature of the episode is well served by opera in the soundtrack. As the for the whacky scientists: I’m in the “scam artist” camp. The question is meaningless. I posited elsewhere that they only thing that actually got from Nora is her blood–

• Love 2

Interesting to note that part of the Surah 81 passage says : " And your companion is not at all mad ( crazy)". 

Does this mean Kevin is not losing his mind, or does it refer to Kevin Sr or his new friend? She did tell Sr she may be going crazy. 

• Love 2
On 2017-05-26 at 0:16 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Amy Brenneman gave a fairly spoilerish interview:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/21/the-leftovers-amy-brenneman-on-her-shocking-episode-and-the-series-finale

Makes me scared for the finale!! 

"Listen, people who are enjoying season three specifically, I think it’s the finale that you want. I can definitely say that."

But what does that meeeeeaaaaaaannnn? The finale that I want does not have Nora solitary and bitter. But maybe that's at the start of the finale? I just want everyone to be at peace. Really, that's all I want.

Great interview. Thanks for posting the link, Juliegirlj.

• Love 2

Perotta interviewed by Joshua Topolski on the Tommorrow podcast this week.

Perotta reportedly insisted on not showing Nora's journey to the other side while Lindelof first wanted to show it.

He doesn't talk about that decision but says his book and the show for him was about people coping with the "unknowable" which he thinks is something we're always dealing with.  Says he's agnostic but for him the SD was this great unknowable phenomenon.

Of course most of us don't deal with the same unknowable event that affects millions of people at the same time.

• Love 1
(edited)

When asked today on All Things Considered about this year's Emmy snubs, NPR TV critic Eric Deggans said The Leftovers should have been nominated for Best Drama instead of some shows that had won in previous years but did not have their best seasons this year.

Edited by shapeshifter
Copy & paste fail

And another satisfying vindication, this one from the Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/emmys-2017-breaking-down-13-major-snubs-w492113):

…The final season of HBO's masterful drama saw Damon Lindelof and his team producing some of the most riveting television of the entire decade, bringing their daring examination of grief and loss in for an emotional landing. And the Academy ignored ALL of it. Justin Theroux, Carrie C***, Chris Eccleston, Mimi Leder’s direction, all of the writing – we could do a whole snubs piece on this show alone.…

• Love 2