Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Aaaaand another Stacy gripe- she told Darcy she was taking things slow with Florida (mistype and it stays) and she is “Still figuring things out”. Wrong!  You don’t get engaged after a first trip meeting a man and THEN try to figure things out. If you’re already engaged to be married, then you should have things figured out! You have no business getting engaged otherwise. The only reason for engagement is to lead to marriage, which should be a lifelong commitment. Or at least you should enter into a marriage with both parties assuming it will be a lifelong commitment. If you’re still figuring things out, then just date! Stacy is full  of shit. And I dislike her immensely.  After an engagement the only things to figure out is to buy a house or rent, or things leading up to the marriage. After this long and STILL not living on the same continent? Stacy’s engagement is just for show. She’s mean to Darcy, and I hate her for making me defend freaking Darcy. Stacy’s a manipulative gaslighter. 

Yeah, but if roles were reversed and Darcy and Tom were engaged and Stacey not, Darcy would be lording it all over her.  

Darcy is desperate to get engaged and seems to have convinced herself that the 3/4  years she’s spent chatting and acting the coquette with Tom are the equivalent of a face to face romance. She’s conveniently minimized  the Jesse thing and pushed it under the rug, forgetting she spent much of her time  conversing  with Tom about the Jesse situation. He knows how deep she was involved with Jesse. 

Stacey hasn’t figured out just how to get Florian to the altar either, so she’s going along with the “ no rush” “enjoying the engagement”  story  now.

• Love 18

I’m convinced that Tim’s a virgin. I fast forwarded through most of Grangela’s Snapped prequel which will ultimately end with Michael’s mysterious disappearance in whatever fucked up town she’s from. I did hear her apologize for smashing a cake in his face but then immediately blame him for her actions.

Avery is such a dumb little twit. I would love for her little brother to host the reunion.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m convinced that Tim’s a virgin. I fast forwarded through most of Grangela’s Snapped prequel which will ultimately end with Michael’s mysterious disappearance in whatever fucked up town she’s from. I did hear her apologize for smashing a cake in his face but then immediately blame him for her actions.

Avery is such a dumb little twit. I would love for her little brother to host the reunion.

Or her memorial when things go south in Syria. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

This is weird, but I figured out one of the reasons why Darcey sounds like an idiot, she never uses adverbs.  "She acted immature.  He felt bad..."  

Felt bad is actually correct.  When you feel badly something is wrong with your fingers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Cammi said:

Stacy’s engagement is just for show

I laughed when Tom asked if Stacey had gotten a "nice [engagement] ring" and Darcey's rather dismissive answer was "It's cute." I'm sure Darcey is expecting a rock like the ones she was ogling in the store window when she commented she likes "white diamonds" and wants to replace the CZ friendship ring from Tom for the real thing. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I laughed when Tom asked if Stacey had gotten a "nice [engagement] ring" and Darcey's rather dismissive answer was "It's cute." I'm sure Darcey is expecting a rock like the ones she was ogling in the store window when she commented she likes "white diamonds" and wants to replace the CZ friendship ring from Tom for the real thing. 

Good Lord, I really hope we get a new storyline here, weeks of Darcy's shilling for the engagement is getting old. This trip to Albania is another bad choice, and Tom has been unhappy about it from the beginning.

Darcy must be drunk a lot more than we realize if she truly thinks her behavior is the way to "the prize".

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Good Lord, I really hope we get a new storyline here, weeks of Darcy's shilling for the engagement is getting old. This trip to Albania is another bad choice, and Tom has been unhappy about it from the beginning.

Darcy must be drunk a lot more than we realize if she truly thinks her behavior is the way to "the prize".

Am I the only one who can see the look of despair on Tom's face every time she rambles on about marriage, engagement, etc? I can literally see a thought cloud above his head that reads "Omfg, what have I signed up for? I signed a contract with TLC and now I have to follow through with this circus act."

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

She made sure to tell him that she’s more concerned with “quality” vs “size”. 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Her quest for the prize of an engagment and eventual wedding ring is setting back women’s progress by 50 years.

I’m shocked she doesn’t pressure her daughters more to “get a man”, but then maybe she doesn’t want the competition. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Her quest for the prize of an engagment and eventual wedding ring is setting back women’s progress by 50 years. 150 years.

I’m shocked she doesn’t pressure her daughters more to “get a man”, but then maybe she doesn’t want the competition. 

Fixed that for you.

The look on Darcy's face when Tom said he never thought about a wedding was screenshot worthy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, iwasish said:

And basically accused Stacey of wearing it that night and stealing her chance to WOW Tom with it. Constant one upping each other.

I would just LOVE to see what those twins look like after they showered.  No fake hair, no makeup, no false eyelashes.  Yikes!  Get the firehose.  I also think they are like 3 feet tall.  While I’m at it, their clothes are too tight, especially on the top.  Boobs always on display.  It must be exhausting to get dressed up everyday.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I would just LOVE to see what those twins look like after they showered.  No fake hair, no makeup, no false eyelashes.  Yikes!  Get the firehose.  I also think they are like 3 feet tall.  While I’m at it, their clothes are too tight, especially on the top.  Boobs always on display.  It must be exhausting to get dressed up everyday.

They look like troll dolls now, probably more do just out of the shower.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, charmed1 said:

That or he's just into the idea of having a gf but not seriously into women. 

You going to kiss a girl, Tim? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, Cammi said:

thought it was rich when Stacy told Darcy to let her "enjoy her moment". Bitch, you done been engaged three years! That ain't no "moment", your engagement is getting near kindergarten age. 

*dead*

but i bet that ring gets enrolled in school without all the prodding Nicole got about putting May in school....

20 hours ago, Kangatush said:

This is weird, but I figured out one of the reasons why Darcey sounds like an idiot, she never uses adverbs.  "She acted immature.  He felt bad..."  

Wait she formed a complete sentence without using the words "amazingggg" or "beautifullll" or ..."wedding"?

*brb* must rewind

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2019 at 11:46 PM, monagatuna said:

Y'all. Botox is not the enemy. Botox cures migraines, wrinkles, and hyperhidrosis. They're swollen and bloated-looking because of an overdose of fillers, not botox. You can't even get botox south of the eyes! And any doctor worth their MD would not over-inject restylane, juvederm, etc., but of course some hacks do. But when you're talking about robot faces and Kardashian lips you're talking about fillers, not botox. At least get your insults right.

Signed, a girl who has unrepentantly had both.

Oh my god I love Botox! I love the way it feels, all cold and sinuous like a beautiful snake. It is a gift from baby Jesus. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Drink!

13AC9969-2508-4153-A8A3-3C555358B6CC.jpeg

I can't as I have a job thing to get to, unlike Zied apparently.  We could also drink every time Darcy cries, Avery rolls her eyes, Tim overthinks everything, Caesar gets delusional over Maria or Rebecca calls herself "technically married."

What am I missing?  I can't blame a long workday but just thinking about these fools exhausts me like a 30 minute workout at Planet Fitness.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

You left out every time Angela accuses Mi-Kuhl of “lion” 

Oh good Lord how could I have left off the loudest and most abrasive person in this series??? And one more chap on Teri - step back and let your allegedly adult daughter solve her own problems with the embassy/court whatever that was.  Does no one read up on these things?  Look, when me and hubby went to get our marriage license, all I needed was the month and year of my divorce and what type of court it was processed through.  I still brought my divorce decree just in case.  Cause I was, you know....prepared??  Why can't Avery and Omar do their own homework??

• Love 8
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Are we sure Tim even fathered his little girl? 

Tim doesn’t have any kids of his own. His ex Veronica had her daughter with a different man before she got involved with Tim. Tim decided to co-parent the girl with Veronica, even after they broke up.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Are we sure Tim even fathered his little girl?

That’s the thing, Tim DIDN’T father Chloe! He’s just acting as her father and Veronica expects him to continue to do so even if he marries Jeniffer or anyone because according to Veronica,  “the three of us are a package deal.” 

• Love 4

How utterly mean of Tom to give Darcy the impression that had they gone to where he wanted in England, he might have asked her to marry him.  The look on her face was a visual ‘oh fuck’.  And in her TH, it wasn’t lost on her.  She is, of course, blaming Stacy.   

Poor deluded Darcy.  

• Love 23

I wish I could know what part of Caesar’s story is real. It’s either really sad that someone can be that alone in life to grasp onto someone for years and let them obviously use you or it’s fake because it is too unbelievably stupid. But why would TLC waste the time on his story? There is enough with the other couples. And then the random tourists in Mexico who were added to Caesar’s story and made another appearance was real fake and ridiculous. 

• Love 17

Caesar should have reported 'Maria' and the matchmaking company to the local police a long time ago. He is an adult man who can make his own choices. Surely he could see that he was getting very little in return on his investment in her. No one can make his mistakes for him and he has to learn a very expensive lesson.

• Love 5

I now see the full dysfunctional dynamic.  Darcey and Stacey are two bitter over-the-hill teenagers dragging an assortment of unfortunate guys into the middle of their lifelong twin war.

Avery is all about Avery and doesn't give a shit about anyone else.  Let her go to Syria, mom, and give her a gas mask as a wedding gift.

"You're white and divorced, and you look kind of weird.  Of course we give you permission to marry Akini."

Caesar could at least have eaten Maria's dinner too, since he obviously paid for it.  Might as well get your money's worth!

Hey Angela, maybe you shouldn't be marrying a young guy who is expected to have kids, instead of giving Michael ultimatums, you middle-aged smog check-failing Winnebago..

So last week Rebecca avoided telling Zied she's married by coming up with a lesbian cover story.  This week she avoided telling Zied she's married by investigating Zied.  I wonder what her strategy will be next week to avoid telling Zied she's married?

Edited by Dobian
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12

So I'm glad that Tom stands up to Darcy.  In the beginning, in reviewing the bridge scene, Tom says yuck about the Twin Competition, Darcy says she thinks Stacy was acting immature, he says flat out that he thinks Darcy was TOO!

Later, after the 1 hour ride to a flea market, Darcy thought it was beautiful and it had some romantic moments.  Tom replies he didn't think it was romantic.  Darcy say sorry he he didn't have a good time, and he says he didn't say that, but that it was not romantic.

Now, the fact he wound up mentioning possibilities that might have lead to marriage, those were too much....after getting to know Darcy in any amount, there was no reason to suggest other ways that might have lead to the altar as there really, imo, was no way he'd take her there.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 11