Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03:. Donde Esta Margarita

• Start Topic

On 9/19/2019 at 8:31 PM, heatherchandler said:

The thing is - the other ladies know each other.. Leanne doesn't know Kary.  Would you want to sleep in a bed with someone you don't know??  I would not.  And the first rule of hostessing is - make your guests feel comfortable.  I think Kary is in the wrong.

No, but instead of pulling Kary aside and saying, hey I'm not really comfortable with this, she just complained about every single thing there and then basically said I'm staying in my own room no matter what you say. She literally complained from the time they got in the car to the time the they got to to when they toured the house. She was so rude from the get go. Like I mentioned, I wouldn't want to do that. But if a host and new friend were like hey these are the plans, I would be like ok sure OR I would say I'm not really comfortable with that can I sleep in a room with a double bed. 

• Love 13

Already I cannot stand Kary and her obnoxious, blown out voice.  I was originally only mildly put off by her pushy, I've got all the answers attitude but on this Mexico trip, she's graduated to insufferable. 

SHE decides where everyone sleeps.  SHE is the host and you better do as she directs.  SHE is offended by her guests maybe wanting to change things up and enjoy themselves their own way.  LeeAnn better go on that goddamn bridge - and you better just say what she wants to hear and follow along on the program SHE has selected for you or you'll be openly criticized an hour after you arrive.  "Don't bring your negativity to MY world"  Bitch, you invited me! 

She seems well aware of her entitled status among Mexicans, and is not about to allow anything less than constant ass kissing from guests at her palatial hotel -- er, vacation home.  I noticed there's not a handrailing in the place.  Do building codes exist in Mexico?

Yup - I can see this woman is really angling to be HBIC, sooner rather than later.  Nope - can't abide her.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 19

I've watched from the first ep, and know LeeAnn can be an attention suck.  But since I already expect it from her, I take it as a given when watching this show. 

But conniving Kary was pointedly trying to take LeeAnn down with her "did you not want children?"  Then she sinks to LeeAnn's level in trying to compare sad childhoods, Kary's being fairly routine, compared to lots of others -- not giving LeeAnn a pass, but not only was Kary the host and should have wanted to make her guest feel welcome, she became competitive but cloaked it in passive aggressive.

Yes-LeeAnn is using her story to shut things down - her mechanism to get off the hot seat.  We know this.  But Kary needed to get off her damn case.  Like, Emily Post she is not! 

Not excusing LeeAnn's shameless employment of her own special brand of poor-me, but if I was LeeAnn I'd get production to arrange a goddamn ride to the airport the next morning.  Cuz it's already not going well.

Edited by Anne Thrax
in it is not the same as it in
  • Love 15

I was wondering if it could be a cultural thing with Kary.  She's not from the US and we are much more sensitive and PC about things than most of the world.  Also her wording might not have been the best because she's not a native speaker.

I like Kary so far, but...not being from the US shouldn't be an excuse. She's lived in the US long enough to acclimate herself to the culture there.

• Love 3

I thought Kary was rude, and I was especially on Leanne's side about the child thing. People have lots of reasons not to have children, whether it's I don't want kids because being a parent isn't something I choose to do, or for any number of not anyone else's freaking business, it's LeAnne's business. But when LeAnne did her weaponized feel sorry for me, at a table where, I think one person had tried, one person's father tried, and didnt Brandi's brother try (and succeed) as well was beyond insensitive. Worse than Kary.Just more feel sorry for me crap from LeAnne. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

think one person had tried, one person's father tried, and didnt Brandi's brother try (and succeed) as well was beyond insensitive. Worse than Kary.Just more feel sorry for me crap from LeAnne. 

Brandi’s brother didn’t succeed but D’Andra’s father did shoot himself in the face and died. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Brandi’s brother didn’t succeed but D’Andra’s father did shoot himself in the face and died. 

She really did sit at a table and threaten to kill herself where more than half the other women had been personally effected by suicide. And she wonders why she's treated like trash.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7

I'm not that big on a bed when on vacation with the girls. If there are issues with bedroom selection, I hang back, don't get involved, put my things in a back closet and at bedtime, find a couch. But, I would NOT be sharing a bed with anyone other than my husband or very close girlfriend. A gracious hostess would not expect more. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Could Kary's bedroom sharing idea have been a request from Production?  If everyone had her own room there would be less potential for drama and fewer possible scenes to shoot.

I wondered that. If it were me, I’d refuse to go along with it. To me, sharing a bed is a very intimate thing. 

• Love 5

If everyone had her own room there would be less potential for drama and fewer possible scenes to shoot.

Also more expensive for production, no? Since they need more camera crews and whatnot...

• Love 2

Soooo... Far be it from me to defend crazybags Leeanne, and she was being way too negative overall...but...I saw her point when it came to the room situation.  It didn't make sense that she was being asked to share a (somewhat small) bed with someone she barely knows, while leaving a whole separate room vacant.  She definitely could have been more tactful about the situation (e.g. "Oh, you don't want to share a bed with me - I snore!"), but her central point was sound, IMHO.

Also, of course Kary has a jewelry line. 

• Love 5

I’m late to the game here but my god, WTF Leanne?  What she did to that dress designer was completely screwed.  She makes some $$ from being on the show so don’t tell me thst she can’t afford a $10k dress.  Over her self-pitying shit and her complaints about literally everything on the trip.  Can’t stand her this season thus far.

Love Stephanie.  Goes to show that you can have it all but if you are clinically depressed, it is what it is.  I admire her for opening up about her story.

D’Andra was dumb to skip the Travis meeting for a hair emergency.  Like how her husband called her out on her shit.

• Love 3