Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

One Day at a Time in the Media

Season 4 premieres March 24

After a celebrated new season pickup following a passionate fan campaign, Pop TV today announced that the acclaimed series ONE DAY AT A TIME, will return on Tuesday, March 24 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT, following all new-episodes of the final season of SCHITT'S CREEK before moving to 9 p.m. ET/PT, starting on April 14.

• Like 4

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will suck having to watch only one episode per week, though. lol

Here is the release for the season:

Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the award-winning comedy inspired by Emmy® winner Norman Lear's 1975 series of the same name will continue to tell the story of the Cuban American Alvarez family throughout 13 original episodes. This season will find Penelope (Screen Actors Guild Award® winner Justina Machado) exploring a surprising relationship, her mother Lydia (Emmy, Grammy®, Oscar® and Tony® winner Rita Moreno) experiencing a religious crisis – as well as revealing the details of her surprise trip to Cuba with Dr. Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky), and Schneider (Todd Grinnell) finding his relationship with  Avery (India de Beaufort) growing deeper. Meanwhile, Elena (Isabella Gomez) begins to prepare for college and Alex (Marcel Ruiz) starts to date.

https://press.poptv.com/releases/ODAAT_Premier_Date

Episode descriptions:

https://press.poptv.com/onedayatatime/episodedescriptions

Spoiler

401 - “CHECKING BOXES”

After a census taker comes to the house, the Alvarez family reflects on their relationships, and what else the future may, or may not, have in store.

402 - "PENNY PINCHING"

After a disastrous evening, Penelope realizes she needs to change her relationship to money and do the unthinkable: buy something new; meanwhile Elena struggles to make it to an important e-sports match.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Like 1

I wonder how many episodes are filmed, or if production will have to be halted? They started filming at the end of January. There will be 13 episodes.

Nevermind, they have stopped production:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/stranger-things-one-day-at-a-time-shutting-down-production-coronavirus-1203537244/

Maybe they will end up pushing back the season if the episodes can't be filmed in a timely manner. The first episode is supposed to air on Tuesday...

https://tv.avclub.com/one-day-at-a-time-s-gloria-calderon-kellett-on-season-4-1842396196

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

That looks like...promotion?  Thank you PopTV. 

The video calls with everyone in-character is genius. I like the realistic portrayal of Penelope, who is an NP now. She is on the front lines.

• Like 1

The cast will be reuniting here momentarily. Watch and donate, if possible.

So they confirmed in this video that they had shot 6 episodes before the quarantine, of a 13 episode order. So I guess next week will be the last episode? 

34 minutes ago, emcmac87 said:

So they confirmed in this video that they had shot 6 episodes before the quarantine, of a 13 episode order. So I guess next week will be the last episode? 

Yes, Pop is calling it a mid-season finale.

• Sad 1

That's terrific.  Gloria Calderón Kellett has been at the forefront of talking about how and when production can resume safely, and she talks about the needs of everyone from high-risk legends like Norman Lear and Rita Moreno to the PAs.

Also,thank you, @ShortyMac, for your postings keeping us abreast of behind-the-scenes news and other goodies.  I don't use social media other than occasionally checking in on a very few Twitter accounts, so I'd miss much of this otherwise, especially the deleted scenes and bloopers you post in the relevant episode threads.

• Like 3