Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

On 1/13/2020 at 10:29 PM, Pearson80 said:

She just had her ninth child and I would not be surprise if she continues to have more children. She is another hard pass..

Just for a day, talking about kids, kids, kids to torment MM.  😉

I wonder if MM was offended today when Whoopi mentioned that the girl who had gone missing was found and is now safe at home.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

I think this is exactly what is going to happen.  And Whoopi will not be a "guardian angel" to SE Cupp.

SE is actually, in recent years, a lot less strident and toxic than MeAgain.

Why does MeAgain just get to bring her "friends" onto the panel?  Who is allowing this!!??!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TheView said:

SE Cupp was on Andy Cohen's show and it fueled speculation that she could be about to join. 

I don't believe this at all. If the show does this then I am out.. Why does everybody have to cater to Megan. What makes her so damn special, it is infuriating...

• Love 7

Oh, brother.  The only way Meghan can possibly have so much influence is if she's paying ABC.  They're just enabling her. 

7 hours ago, bannana said:

SE is actually, in recent years, a lot less strident and toxic than MeAgain.

I happened upon her CNN show this past summer and couldn't believe what I was hearing.  She's one of those "reasonable Republicans" now.  I wonder if Meghan knows?

• Love 4

Didn’t they try SE Cupp out before and it didn’t work? It was for a very short period of time, long before Meghan was on the show. I could be wrong. If it is SE, I’ll be 110% convinced that the show is The Meaghan McCain View now.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Didn’t they try SE Cupp out before and it didn’t work? It was for a very short period of time, long before Meghan was on the show. I could be wrong. If it is SE, I’ll be 110% convinced that the show is The Meaghan McCain View now.

Wasn't there some sort of conflict with Whoopi? Or was it when Rosie O was there the second time?

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

You are correct.  Whoopie and Rosie teamed up to block her from joining the show.  They had a mock show in front of a studio audience to test the chemistry and SE Cupp went off the rails..

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Pearson80 said:

You are correct.  Whoopie and Rosie teamed up to block her from joining the show.  They had a mock show in front of a studio audience to test the chemistry and SE Cupp went off the rails..

Aha that is what I thought. My memory isn't going yet. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Well, good.  That probably ensures that she won't be joining the show.  Whoopie has to still have some influence.

Noticed that both Paula and Joy's good friend Susie Essman will be on next week.  Definitely two people who are not on Meghan's side.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

One of the few times Whoopi and Rosie O ever agreed on anything (since Whoopi would disagree with her at all times just for the sake of it). I wonder if that might be part of McCain's hatred of Wallace, that Wallace got the job over Sippy Cupp?

I would still love if they hired Jordin Sparks. She can be the new "nice one." Plus, she's a REAL "princess" of Arizona. Pretty, talented, kind, likable--everything McCain wishes she could be.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Noticed that both Paula and Joy's good friend Susie Essman will be on next week.  Definitely two people who are not on Meghan's side.

That's right, Joy, why shouldn't they hire your friend if they gave McCain's a whirl? lol

I'm not sure I really mean this or not, but I almost--almost--would want Sherri back just because Meghan hates her, too. Plus, she seems a little less nuts since she got screwed over by her last husband.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

I don’t know if any of you have seen the show Daily Blast Live (a coed show similar to the View), but there’s a host there named Tory Shulman who I think would make a good cohost on the View. I don’t think she’s a Republican or a Conservative, but I think she’d hold her own as a cohost. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

Not so sure about Paula.  I notice she likes all of MeAgain's tweets, even the most controversial rants.  I think she's a sympathizer.  

• Love 1

Paula may feel some kinship with Meghan, maybe feeling like her conservative views resulted in her getting the heave-ho.  The difference is that she doesn't tweet and whine endlessly about being a victim but instead put on her big girl panties and found a new gig.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Not so sure about Paula.  I notice she likes all of MeAgain's tweets, even the most controversial rants.  I think she's a sympathizer.  

Paula did not mesh well with Whoopie who does not like people to challenge her.  Paula also loved to needle Whoopie.  It was never her conservative views that got her fired. Paula is a conservative but she was never like Megan who is  uninformed vile and dangerous.  Also, Paula and Joy bonded on the show.   

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2020 at 1:26 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

One of the few times Whoopi and Rosie O ever agreed on anything (since Whoopi would disagree with her at all times just for the sake of it). I wonder if that might be part of McCain's hatred of Wallace, that Wallace got the job over Sippy Cupp?

I would still love if they hired Jordin Sparks. She can be the new "nice one." Plus, she's a REAL "princess" of Arizona. Pretty, talented, kind, likable--everything McCain wishes she could be.

In Ladies Who Punch, they mention how Rosie and Whoopi were advocating for Meghan to join the show. 

1 hour ago, TheView said:

In Ladies Who Punch, they mention how Rosie and Whoopi were advocating for Meghan to join the show. 

Wonder how Rosie feels about advocating for her to join the show now?  Something tells me there would have been more than sparks flying at the table.

• LOL 4

I'd rather someone without an agenda were there the way Sara was, like Yvette if TPTB won't do the right thing and hire Ana full-time. Somehow I think the unspoken reason why Ana or Yvette won't be hired (full-time in Ana's case) the way they deserve is the show is afraid to have a panel that isn't majority-white.... :X

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd rather someone without an agenda were there the way Sara was, like Yvette if TPTB won't do the right thing and hire Ana full-time. Somehow I think the unspoken reason why Ana or Yvette won't be hired (full-time in Ana's case) the way they deserve is the show is afraid to have a panel that isn't majority-white.... :X

I'd hate to think that was true. We keep asking for Yvette or Ana.

• Love 1

One great thing about the View is that this show has had (in the last several years at least) a good representation on the panel.  Maybe not so much re political orientation, and even socio-economic status representation.  But the show has had diversity and been inclusive for some time.

What they need, as many here have said, is someone young, progressive, and not making a shitload of money or coming from an entitled rich background.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Is now wondering who I really want on the panel.  Someone who doesn't just spew the party line, and makes me think new things. Thinking of young progressives but I'm not sure who.

I think somebody young, who's smart, and interested in politics, but not in politics, would be ideal.  (Although someone who's actually worked on a political campaign who can knowledgeably comment about the current campaigns would definitely take the wind out of Meghan's "in politics all my life" sails.  

Both Ana and Yvette would be great; but I really do think Ana loves living in Miami, and even if it didn't mean being in a hostile work environment full-time, I highly doubt she would want to move.

Yvette has mentioned that she's taking care of her father, and I believe they live in Ohio, so she's not a possibility, unfortunately.

• Love 6

Someone young who hasn't grown up privileged would be ideal.  A voice that can speak to what young people feel regarding the state of the country/world is definitely needed.  And if that person was progressive and from the middle of the country all the better.  For all of Meghan's proclamations she knows "middle of the country" people she really doesn't.  She knows what she reads and hears on Fox News and from her interaction with people when she goes to shoot guns in Montana or wherever she goes.  Someone who grew up in that environment and has had first hand experience with the issues people in those states face would be someone I would want to hear what they have to say.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 1/21/2020 at 12:23 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm always going to want Sara -h back.  But my next wish, I'm sure she's working and can't, but since everything is virtual...maybe she can lol.  Charlize Theron.  She may not fit all the bills, but she's young, very knowledgeable and educated.  Has a son who is of color.  Handled MM like a hot knife through butta.  Hehe my spell checker came up with buttafoog for that word....yup, i agree lol.  Anyway I hearby nom CT for official View co-host.

42 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Charlize Theron.  She may not fit all the bills, but she's young, very knowledgeable and educated.

No way would an A-List Actress drop her successful movie career to join this shitfest.

Ana won't be a full time host because she lives in Florida and won't move to New York. That's why she's a guest/Friday co-host pre-pandemic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'd like to have a young person who wasn't born with a silver spoon and is a progressive. And if she is from middle of the country, then that would be better since it would make Meghan's head explode.

Same here, Megan believes everybody in New York is a liberal and everybody in Alabama is a conservative, it is not the case at all.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'd like to have a young person who wasn't born with a silver spoon and is a progressive. And if she is from middle of the country, then that would be better since it would make Meghan's head explode.

LOL I think it's hilarious the heiress fancies herself as the voice of Middle America. I hope we get a younger person too for more balance. I l like the idea of a progressive as a replacement for Abby, but if Meghan were replaced, I'd like a different conservative person to join. Contrary to what Meghan thinks, some of us enjoy hearing different views on The View. I initially thought she'd be great because she was so much younger and a conservative. 

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, Megan believes everybody in New York is a liberal and everybody in Alabama is a conservative, it is not the case at all.

Meghan loves stereotypes, groups, and labels. You know how children and teens care about who's popular, a cheerleader, part of a sorority, yeah Meghan never outgrew that. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan loves stereotypes, groups, and labels. 

And just this week on a repeat show she said how she doesn't get into identity politics like the rest of the hosts.  I burst out laughing.  Again.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No way would an A-List Actress drop her successful movie career to join this shitfest.

Ana won't be a full time host because she lives in Florida and won't move to New York. That's why she's a guest/Friday co-host pre-pandemic.

That's how i was thinking too, but she could start right away.  Her other projects are all probably wrapped until who knows when.  That's probably the only work she can do is virtual, and that might go into next year.  Now, hehe, i was going to say Whoopi manages her career.....i bet TPTB would be so thrilled to get her.  They'd write the easiest most broad contract so she could come and go.  Plus she might be ready to settle down a bit and maybe cut back one flick a year.  Haha i don't know why I'm pushing this so hard.  I am in total agreement with you @ghscorpiosrule     , just bored i guess.

Have a good day

Of course Sara is coming back. She pulled a lot of shifts early in the pandemic, she’s generally well-liked and she’s under contract to ABC news so this isn’t surprising. I am happy with it though!

Edited by justduckey
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Of course Sara is coming back. She pulled a lot of shifts early in the pandemic, she’s generally well-liked and she’s under contract to ABC news so this isn’t surprising. I am happy with it though!

YES!  caps intended lol.  That is awesome news!  I'm glad TPTB released the news and didn't sit on it for months. woo made my morn'n cornflakes that much better lol.  Wow i never knew that i was that starved and depleted (and beatdown) for a decent show.  That's all, I'll take just decent hehe.  Its just been such a sad long year. Forget Kate, Suck it 2020! (N&A-XL joke) made me smile though. Anyway, this was about Sara -h!  She's had a bit troubbleys woubbleys, but i think she's found herself, if not 100%, then def 90%  woohoo welcome back Sara -h !!!

• Love 6

Sara's a wonderful person and super sweet, but she annoys me when she twists herself into a pretzel not to offend either side, sometimes coming across as wishy-washy.  I would have preferred Ana or Tara Setmayer, but I know Meghan would never allow that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Not excited about Sara. Sorry, but she can't pick a side!!! Too vanilla.

We need more than just "View Your Deal", kid stories and brownie recipes which I'm sure she will do.

My opinion!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I adore Sara. She’s the sweetest host they’ve had.

Well i hope they burn her chair that's for sure.  No more preggies for anybody!  At least for a lil while.  Sara has said no more, but who knows about MM.  If they want more than one, she might again right away due to the hard time they had to get there

23 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Not excited about Sara. Sorry, but she can't pick a side!!! Too vanilla.

We need more than just "View Your Deal", kid stories and brownie recipes which I'm sure she will do.

My opinion!

I get that Sara isn't as outspoken and doesn't want to offend. I don't personally watch for the VYD and the brownie recipes. (I typically hit delete at about 50 minutes into the show.) I do enjoy that Sara can engage in topics other than politics unlike the other blonde. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Well i hope they burn her chair that's for sure.  No more preggies for anybody!  At least for a lil while.  Sara has said no more, but who knows about MM.  If they want more than one, she might again right away due to the hard time they had to get there

Uh oh...Sara's in the prego seat - not good for her!  Let's hope the curse has been broken for her return.

• Love 2