Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S04.E16: Sweet White Glove o' Mine

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scrb said:

Maybe not this season or BDM but Ashton had to come out in a diaper.

I doubt something like that happens on yacht charters outside of reality TV.

I suppose some sleazy rich guy could aggressively come on to young female crew, sexually harass them, offer them a lot of money or threaten to get them fired.

So these situations requiring cast to do something goofy are made for TV, kind of ridiculous but not as disgusting as it could be since it has to be sanitized for TV too.

I think there's always an instance of it happening on BD and BDM.  I can only think of BD instances off the top of my head though, so maybe they don't do it on Med?  There's been Ashton as mentioned, Josiah had to wear that gold shit, didn't Bruno have to be the almost nude sushi serving platter once?  The most demeaning thing I can think of for Med right now are when there was that country themed party with the hay and the girls wore daisy dukes and tied up shirts.  I'm so confused because my belief that it happens every season on BD and BDM is strong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Was the crew saying that only the interior staff were getting sufficient sleep, and that Hannah was making sure they were allowed to sleep at the expense of service? The others are complaining about not enough sleep. I would have thought that for health and safety reasons a minimum amount of time for sleep is regulated. Perhaps the reality TV contract stipulates that the "actors" will not get rest in accordance with regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Was the crew saying that only the interior staff were getting sufficient sleep, and that Hannah was making sure they were allowed to sleep at the expense of service? The others are complaining about not enough sleep. I would have thought that for health and safety reasons a minimum amount of time for sleep is regulated. Perhaps the reality TV contract stipulates that the "actors" will not get rest in accordance with regulations.

Sleep and rest breaks are actually an issue of maritime law. They aren't supposed to work more than 14 hours a day and are supposed get 10 hours of rest (8 sleep and 2 hours of breaks throughout the work day).

https://www.marineinsight.com/maritime-law/the-ultimate-guide-to-work-hours-rest-hours-on-ships-including-stcw-2010/

One of the issues with the recent fatal Conception dive boat fire was that somebody decided that it would be a brilliant idea to not stagger work and sleep breaks. All of the passengers died. Furthermore, Lee's multiple fire drills in season 1 and Kate's throwing the life ring out when Ashton got caught in the lines demonstrates that stews are absolutely safety personnel on a ship. Finally some cursory googling reveals that penalties for violating maritime law accrue to the owner and the captain. But sure Sandy, all of the stews need to be up for breakfast service. 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Conception-fire-All-crew-members-asleep-when-14434954.php

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

But sure Sandy, all of the stews need to be up for breakfast service. 

And we have seen service be shit it hasn’t happened on this season.

Also, as repeatedly pointed out that while they care when food is shitty it’s noticeable but they are also going to give a fuck when the cabins aren’t cleaned twice a day because these people are messy and meal times give them an opportunity to easily turn them over when they are being occupied.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, Otherkate said:

Haha, totally would not put it past her to tell them why their performance wasn't up to par in her professional opinion.

I think Sandy is in love with fame.  There is no reason for her to constantly be there.  It looks like she's looking for camera time.  She's in love with the cameras, she wants to be famous and she's making the show unwatchable for me.  Just do your job Sandy and let the crew do theirs.

I do think Hannah is over the job, there is such a thing as "staying too long at the fair."  Sometimes people have to stay too long at a job because they don't have any place else to go.  

I've had white glove service on the Queen Mary 2 (which I was just on a few weeks ago), especially when they serve high tea, every afternoon.  It's very nice.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I love how Captain Sandy always compliments herself (her management skills, her fairness, how cool she is) in every TH.  She is her biggest fan! Possibly her ONLY fan. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Watching the replay this fine evening and caught the scene with Joao and Sandy, where she's getting irritated at him. See Sandy - this is why you can't act like you are "down" with your crew, and give 'em hugs and kiss their ass, then turn around and be angry that they aren't respecting your authority when you crossed boundaries left and right. Of course high ego Joao would think it would be ok to challenge you on the stupid jet ski situation. Lawd Bravo loves them some Sandy. I wish they'd dump her. I think I'm out next season, as she'll undoubtedly return. She's not even annoying in an entertaining way. She's just annoying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, pasdetrois said:

Was the crew saying that only the interior staff were getting sufficient sleep, and that Hannah was making sure they were allowed to sleep at the expense of service? The others are complaining about not enough sleep. I would have thought that for health and safety reasons a minimum amount of time for sleep is regulated. Perhaps the reality TV contract stipulates that the "actors" will not get rest in accordance with regulations.

 Tonight they said on WWHL that there's a maritime regulation that they must get 8 hours of sleep/rest.

 I have no respect for captain Sandy. She kept coming down on Hannah in criticizing her and leaving the guys alone.  She is like so many nuns I had in school but the boys could get away with murder, and the girls were constantly criticized.  We heard the phrase, "boys will be boys" far too often.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:02 PM, ElizabethCarey said:

It’s funny to me because in Season 2 sandy got all over Hannah for not getting herself and her girls to bed in time for each to have 8hrs a night. Now Hannah’s in trouble for that? 

 Captain Sandy complains about in to have a all the time. The jacket lazy and the other guy is drunk and they do not get reprimanded at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, chenoa333 said:

I love how Captain Sandy always compliments herself (her management skills, her fairness, how cool she is) in every TH.  She is her biggest fan! Possibly her ONLY fan. 

 I surely don't like her. She criticizes Hannah for doing the same thing that guys do and they get complimented. 

On 9/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, Neurochick said:

I think Sandy is in love with fame.  There is no reason for her to constantly be there.  It looks like she's looking for camera time.  She's in love with the cameras, she wants to be famous and she's making the show unwatchable for me.  Just do your job Sandy and let the crew do theirs.

I do think Hannah is over the job, there is such a thing as "staying too long at the fair."  Sometimes people have to stay too long at a job because they don't have any place else to go.  

I've had white glove service on the Queen Mary 2 (which I was just on a few weeks ago), especially when they serve high tea, every afternoon.  It's very nice.

 I think Hannah does a great job.  White glove service would be very nice, but is not the sum total of what Hannah does 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with the end of the season was Ben. He inserted his opinion where it didn’t belong and bitches and moaned the whole time he was there. Sandy picked up on his disdain for Hannah and used it to get more airtime.......only to take it back at the end.  

They would have been much better off keeping Anastasia as the chef and supporting her instead bringing in a Diva to serve shrimp at every meal.

I hope the new season gets rid of either Sandy or Hannah or both. I fear that is not the case. Sandy will continue to be the Vicky Gunvaldaon of Below Deck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The problem with the end of the season was Ben. He inserted his opinion where it didn’t belong and bitches and moaned the whole time he was there. Sandy picked up on his disdain for Hannah and used it to get more airtime.......only to take it back at the end.  

They would have been much better off keeping Anastasia as the chef and supporting her instead bringing in a Diva to serve shrimp at every meal.

I hope the new season gets rid of either Sandy or Hannah or both. I fear that is not the case. Sandy will continue to be the Vicky Gunvaldaon of Below Deck.

My bolding - given she's featured right now in the ads for the reboot of "Cash Cab" on Bravo, I doubt she's going anywhere soon. I can't take her anymore. I didn't even watch the final episode and I don't care. Blah. Thank goodness Cap'n Lee and the OG Below Deck is returning

Share this post


Link to post

Bravo should have a show called Cash Cow where they feature Real Housewives who made Bravo a lot of money but are passed their prime.

They can start with Vicki Gunvaldson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size