Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E13: Season Finale

2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Very dramatic of her to take her ring off. I wonder is Chris had any clue that she would do this and if he wasn’t in on it then that’s a red flag and he should get out now. 

She didn’t just take it off.  She gave it back to the show.    

Chris may not be communicative, but that was not the way to get him to be more open.   They are toast.  

• Like 20

Poor Katie and Chris, that was hard to watch.  Hopefully they both find what they are looking for outside the bachelor family, if they indeed are done

• Like 5

Ben Higgins lips are permanently attached to the Bachelor Franchise's butt.

I have seen Sean Lowe post some tweets disagreeing with the show so maybe he fell out of favor?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Now am at the age where I can say at the end of the day "I didn't kill him.  We're good."

Hilarious. And the key to a successful relationship.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Hannah did not look that excited when he got on his knees to propose, once they are done with the show I wonder if they will break up

Hannah and Dylan were on Tyler's instagram tonight all lovey-dovey as they are in NYC for interviews so as of right now they are still together.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Ben Higgins lips are permanently attached to the Bachelor Franchise's butt.

I have seen Sean Lowe post some tweets disagreeing with the show so maybe he fell out of favor?

Boring Ben. Ugh!

• Like 7

There are certain people that production has a hard on over and I’m not sure why. Demi is one and Ben Higgins is another. They made a boring reality show for him a few years ago and now he gets some other show? Stop trying to make ‘fetch’ happen. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

Please pardon my ignorance, but I thought the term queer was something of the past, an insulting term. I guess I’m wrong?? I’m dead serious with my question. 

• Like 2

Someone up thread asked about Clay & Nicole.  They had a segment filmed but obviously with just 15 minutes left, we aren't going to see it.   FWIW, they are still very much broken up

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

Please pardon my ignorance, but I thought the term queer was something of the past, an insulting term. I guess I’m wrong?? I’m dead serious with my question. 

LGBTQ2. The Q is for queer.

• Useful 1

2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I thought it was a bit awkward when Chris said it, but I am sure it was vetted in advance.  And I don’t think it is considered insulting anymore.   LGBT is now LGBTQ.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Agreed with everything except that men don’t get slut-shamed. The girls essentially slut-shamed Blake on this show.

You are absolutely right.  My thoughts were only on the post when I replied, but men do get slut-shamed and it is also ridiculous. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I honestly think all the engaged men should get a ring from the show. 

Yes. With a sh*t load of diamonds all around the band.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Just now, JenMcSnark said:

You are absolutely right.  My thoughts were only on the post when I replied, but men do get slut-shamed and it is also ridiculous. 

I don’t like the term “slut-shamed” because the word “slut” is an insult. Having sex doesn’t make you a slut. Replace the word slut with any other slur and you’ll understand my confusion over the use of the word. I’m not a slut for having sex but I’m going to call myself one if you shame me for having sex. What? I don’t get it. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

In the past it was a derogatory term.  I believe in recent years it has been "reclaimed" by the LBGTQ community in a sense of pride for being strong and earning the human rights that were denied them. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

8 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

You completely missed my point. These girls are virtually calling themselves and admitting to being sluts.  And people are going to have opinions on the behaviors of others whether you like it or not.  It's been that way since the beginning of time.  

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Nowhere said:

I don’t like the term “slut-shamed” because the word “slut” is an insult. Having sex doesn’t make you a slut. Replace the word slut with any other slur and you’ll understand my confusion over the use of the word. I’m not a slut for having sex but I’m going to call myself one if you shame me for having sex. What? I don’t get it. 

I'm not saying I fully grasp it, but the concept is the same as queer and the n-word, both of which have been reclaimed by the communities in which those words were once used against as slurs.  

• Like 2

People have been asking Reality Steve what the status of some of the couples are since this was filmed on August 27th, nearly 3 weeks ago.   

Surprisingly,  Katie & Chris have worked on their relationship and are still together.   

JPJ and Tayshia are not 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I thought it was a bit awkward when Chris said it, but I am sure it was vetted in advance.  And I don’t think it is considered insulting anymore.   LGBT is now LGBTQ.   

What did he say? I've been flipping the channel so my brain doesn't explode.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy sort of made that word less harsh to the general public, and sometimes someone will say "You queered the deal," but I would never call any of my gay friends "queer." To me, it's still insulting and in poor taste to use when there are other terms that are not questionable. JMHO.

• Like 3

They always choose the most “wholesome” guy as Bachelor. Every single one of these guys (Peter, Ben, Sean, Jake, etc.) I picture saying, “Oh, golly, gee whilikers, I can’t believe I’m the Bachelor!”

• Like 12
  • Laugh 8

Just now, nutty1 said:

I am ok with Peter. I would have watched no matter who it was. 

I will as well but I am less than enthused. He looks incredibly dorky tonight. The haircut is awful!

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

The next Bachelor. The worst kept secret. 

LOL, TMZ even filmed him being filmed at LAX the other day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

They always choose the most “wholesome” guy as Bachelor. Every single one of these guys (Peter, Ben, Sean, Jake, etc.) I picture saying, “Oh, golly, gee whilikers, I can’t believe I’m the Bachelor!”

Such a dork.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

People have been asking Reality Steve what the status of some of the couples are since this was filmed on August 27th, nearly 3 weeks ago.   

Surprisingly,  Katie & Chris have worked on their relationship and are still together.   

JPJ and Tayshia are not 

Yet Tayshia tweeted to JPJ about 15 minutes ago and he answered lovingly. And supposedly she was with his sister tonight. Everyone on Twitter was questioning RS.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

1 minute ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm not saying I fully grasp it, but the concept is the same as queer and the n-word, both of which have been reclaimed by the communities in which those words were once used against as slurs.  

It is like the Annual Slut Walk that they used to have.   A cop told women to reduce the likelihood of race, they shouldn’t dress like sluts.   They reclaimed the word and shamed the cop who clearly didn’t know what he was talking about.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

There is something seriously weird about the sides of Peter’s hair.  

Every time Peter does something different with his hair or facial hair he becomes completely unrecognizable to me. Something about him reminds me of a LEGO like his hair is supposed to be removed and replaced with a different one instead of cut.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

LOL at the tour of Dean's van. I actually had a dream about him after talking about him on here. 😂

He's cuter than I remember.

• Laugh 1

Wow. Somehow I thought Dean’s van would at least be a camper, but it’s literally just a regular-sized van with some stuff in it. Yikes. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

39 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Katie is too emotional for a guy like Chris. They’ll never last. 

All I saw in the Chris and Katie relationship was that he is an emotional abuser. She needs to get out of that relationship as quickly as she can because she is being beaten down as though he were laying hands on her. There is absolutely no reason for her to have to tolerate that kind of nonsense. She needs to get out now, not next week, not next month, but now. He will destroy her.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

There is something seriously weird about the sides of Peter’s hair.  

It looked to me like he left his pilot's hat on too long and took it off right before hitting the stage. #hathead

• Laugh 6

4 minutes ago, b2H said:

All I saw in the Chris and Katie relationship was that he is an emotional abuser. She needs to get out of that relationship as quickly as she can because she is being beaten down as though he were laying hands on her. There is absolutely no reason for her to have to tolerate that kind of nonsense. She needs to get out now, not next week, not next month, but now. He will destroy her.

He's very different,  than he was on BIP.

• Like 1

When Katie said she just wanted the bare minimum from Chris I was just like WHY? Why would you be okay settling for that. Chris has been trying to tell her he is not the right person during BIP but she didn’t want to hear it. She needs to move on with dignity. 

• Like 16

I thought it was really uncomfortable that Caelynn claimed she never felt so violated as she did when Blake released her texts.   I mean she's been gang raped...

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1