Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Sandie Shaw

Bort
  • Start Topic

Well Alfred, sometimes it pays off to work with a crazed psychopath. I thought that maybe the murderer and his nanny would be exiled, I admit to being surprised that Alfred just straight up killed them. But not all that surprised I guess.

So now the Ravens have recruited NOT Wallis Simpson and former King Edward to their cause in case the queen isnt into their little take over, which considering how much sketchy stuff they were allegedly up to during and before WWII in our world, does not seem particularly out of character for them.

• Love 2

This one was a bit slower than some of the others, at least until the last 15-20 minutes but I liked it well enough. Is it just me or has Lord Harwood turned the corner into becoming a fullon supervillain?  I continue to love the hell out of the Sykes sisters and I think it's obvious as hell that John Ripper is playing Mrs. Thwaite-I'm just not sure what his angle is yet.

• Love 2

Do they have a prime minister in this version of England (no Winston Churchill?) or is the King and Queen ruling over the country? 

The woman who said no water cannon and rubber bullets to break up the meeting was the queen correct? Exactly why was she giving the orders or even asked he opinion in the first place? 

P.S. Rubber bullets were Invented by the British ministry of Defense in 1970 to be used in Norther Ireland.

1 hour ago, UnknownK said:

Do they have a prime minister in this version of England (no Winston Churchill?) or is the King and Queen ruling over the country? 

The woman who said no water cannon and rubber bullets to break up the meeting was the queen correct? Exactly why was she giving the orders or even asked he opinion in the first place? 

The guy arguing with the Queen about the rubber bullets and water cannon is the PM.

• Useful 1
On 9/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, UnknownK said:

OK, but why is he taking orders from her then if he had any power?

Alternate universe where the Queen retains more political power than she has in our reality. The Prime Minister appears to be merely a "First among Ministers" as opposed to the actual political power. I noticed (if we want to get technical) that he was ordering the police and security forces around directly without going through the Home Secretary-unless we are supposed to assume all that happened 'off camera.'