Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I have friends that aren't  pro choice, we are very different  in our thinking  but in other areas they are great.

It's one thing to be Pro-choice and have friends who are Pro-Life.  It's another thing to be Pro-Choice and open about your abortion, and having a friend who screeches loudly that abortion is murder.  

  • Like 20
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:
5 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I have no idea what Whoopi was saying, as if these companies are going to actually give you shares, Honestly..if you want shares in a damn company,  buy them

Not to mention that the government can't force a company to give its ownership to the public against its will. Oh Whoopi. I liked her so much more before she joined The View. 

So how many people do we have in the U.S.A?  Approximately 330 million.  So each American will get two (two?) shares of each of these companies?  One of these companies?  And how can the shares be worth ANYTHING when split among so many?  And every year?  Hilarious.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm disappointed in Sunny.  I don't find Shane Gillis provocative.  I find him offensive.  These things were said just last year. 

And that's merely on his podcast.  Surely he says that stuff onstage and in his daily life. Sadly, I'll never know if he's funny.  He's a racist.  Let him be one...but don't allow him to contaminate MY Saturday Night Live (I've watched since Day One...through thick and thin).  There are SO MANY young and talented FEMALE and MINORITY comedian-writers...hire one of them, SNL.   Do it in honor of Tina and Amy.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

Wow -- Meghan has some questions about Biden.  I don't think I've been more shocked by anything she's said on the show..

She misspoke  - Warren and Biden aren't splitting the progressive vote; Warren and Sanders are.

Meghan usually complains when no one agrees with her.  Now she's getting snippy with her friend Abby, ("That's what I just said" and makes a face), who's agreeing with her!  She surprised Abby, I think, but Abby played nice.

Who do you think  Whoopie was referring to at the end of the show when she shook her finger and said, "And remember, people change"?  It was odd for her to say something like that seconds before the show was over, with no context.  I wonder if there was a "spirited discussion" during the break.  

She was referring to Kavanaugh,  as that was the point of the previous segment  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, Aileen said:

She was referring to Kavanaugh,  as that was the point of the previous segment  

Kavanaugh doesn't seem like someone Whoopie would be defending, or excusing, I guess, which is why I wondered.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Whoopi’s inspirational words of wisdom for the day:  Cancel culture is cancel culture when it’s other people. 

Whoopi's cancelation is imminent. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm disappointed in Sunny.  I don't find Shane Gillis provocative.  I find him offensive.  These things were said just last year.  This is not like this happened when he was a teenager. Sorry not sorry I would rather not watch racist comics.  You are known by the company you keep so if he had been an SNL cast member it would be seen as condoning his offensive comedy. Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

4 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

This.  I couldn't believe that they were all acting like this was some morally gray area.  The guy didn't say things ten years ago, or as a teenager or even make edgy jokes.  He straight up used slurs on multiple occasions a year ago!  And what gets me is you know if he had used slurs for blacks or Hispanics, that Sunny would have been out for blood but I guess if it's Asians and gays, then no big deal?  Very disappointing, all around.

This was the first full episode I have watched of The View since sometime in the middle of last year. I saw people's early comments and figured I could tolerate it since Meghan didn't sound to be at her absolute worst.  Turns out I was right.  I actually ... AGREED with Meghan today.  Oh lord, sweet baby Jesus, hell hath frozen over.  If Joy or Sunny had bothered to watch one of the clips Shane Gillis was in I think they would have seen what upset people so much.  The dude wasn't making jokes.  He was just saying a bunch of stupid stuff about Asians.  It wasn't funny. There was no humor, and I know humor is subjective, but I honestly didn't even seen an attempt to say anything funny or insightful by him or his friend. They were just amused by the fact that Asians existed and dared to make a life for themselves in this country. Dave Chapelle didn't do this. His routine is actually funny because he makes intriguing socio-political arguments.  I didn't even actually agree with some of them, but it was clear to me that his routines for the most part came out of a place of love, not hate. He definitely doesn't have a PC view on transgender issues, but he also made it clear in his comedy that he wasn't against transgender people being treated as equals and prospering. There's always a wink and a nudge with Chapelle's most offensive material. There was none of that with Gillis'.

That whole exchange on the show reminded me of something I've always had a problem with on The View.  How long would it have taken Joy to watch Shane's controversial video? I think it's six minutes?  I assume Sunny was busy reading that Brett Kavanaugh book all weekend so she didn't have the time, but seriously, why don't they do their research? So many of the issues they talk about they could have truly informed opinions on if they just bothered to do the research.  This issue would have taken less than 10 minutes.  Read a half page article, watch the video, and state your opinion, but I guess that was too much to ask. Their show is only one hour a day and they discuss roughly four or five issues a show.  I just don't understand how they're not better informed about the things they talk about, especially the lightweight stuff.

  • Like 19
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

On a shallow note Abby looked nice today. Makeup was more subtle than usual and her hair wasn’t blindingly shiny. 

Yeah - I liked her wavy hair.  Whoops also looked unusually spiffy - the more tailored style suits her (and might even sell!)

Edited by telemachus2 · Reason: typo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, piccadilly83 said:

So many of the issues they talk about they could have truly informed opinions on if they just bothered to do the research.  This issue would have taken less than 10 minutes.  Read a half page article, watch the video, and state your opinion, but I guess that was too much to ask. Their show is only one hour a day and they discuss roughly four or five issues a show.  I just don't understand how they're not better informed about the things they talk about, especially the lightweight stuff.

This is so true.  I know they have their Hot Topics meeting shortly before the show, and some of the things they discuss do come up overnight or that morning, but there are subjects that could certainly be researched the day or night before.

Also, if someone makes a misstatement, they're usually not corrected by one of the other hosts.  I don't know if they're told not to, or don't notice the mistake, but I suspect protecting egos is considered more important than making sure the audience is told the correct facts.  Since The View is under the auspices of ABC News, you'd think this would be important.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So now Meghan is friends with Amber Tampblyn?  Sure Jan.

Say it isn't so!   I've been an Amber Tamblyn fan since she was a little girl on General Hospital ages ago.   Nooooooo!!!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm disappointed in Sunny.  I don't find Shane Gillis provocative.  I find him offensive.  These things were said just last year.  This is not like this happened when he was a teenager. Sorry not sorry I would rather not watch racist comics.  You are known by the company you keep so if he had been an SNL cast member it would be seen as condoning his offensive comedy. Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

Ugh, SO agree with this. Not to veer too off topic, but I was recently watching an interview with Desus and Mero and the interviewer asked them how they have been able to avoid the “problematic police” and keep stuff like that out of their act without losing their edge. They kind of just shrugged and said they were self-aware, know that they have a multifaceted fan base and that it wasn’t that hard to respect other people’s agency. And I believe they’re in the same age bracket as this guy...old enough to know better, young enough to do better. That’s why falling back on tired old jokes about people of color and queer people is just that, tired and lazy. There’s no grey area there. 

5 hours ago, deirdra said:

And Amber is pro-choice and has been vocal about having an abortion in 2012.

You know, I’d believe her and Meghan are at the very least acquaintances. During and after her father’s campaign aka the era known as B.B. (Before Ben), she was toting herself as a socialite and the rebel Republican that wasn’t afraid to call her party out on their bullshit, and she careened in and out of Hollywood for a while. She probably has or had known a decent amount of people in the entertainment industry that her husband considers evil libtards 🙄 She was also quoted as being pro-choice back then. That’s the biggest reason why I think this whole gun-toting flag loving hardcore Republican schoolmarm persona is 90% bullshit.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, piccadilly83 said:

  If Joy or Sunny had bothered to watch one of the clips Shane Gillis was in I think they would have seen what upset people so much.  The dude wasn't making jokes.  He was just saying a bunch of stupid stuff about Asians.  It wasn't funny. There was no humor, and I know humor is subjective, but I honestly didn't even seen an attempt to say anything funny or insightful by him or his friend. They were just amused by the fact that Asians existed and dared to make a life for themselves in this country. Dave Chapelle didn't do this. His routine is actually funny because he makes intriguing socio-political arguments.  I didn't even actually agree with some of them, but it was clear to me that his routines for the most part came out of a place of love, not hate. He definitely doesn't have a PC view on transgender issues, but he also made it clear in his comedy that he wasn't against transgender people being treated as equals and prospering. There's always a wink and a nudge with Chapelle's most offensive material. There was none of that with Gillis'.

That whole exchange on the show reminded me of something I've always had a problem with on The View.  How long would it have taken Joy to watch Shane's controversial video? I think it's six minutes?  I assume Sunny was busy reading that Brett Kavanaugh book all weekend so she didn't have the time, but seriously, why don't they do their research? So many of the issues they talk about they could have truly informed opinions on if they just bothered to do the research.  This issue would have taken less than 10 minutes.  Read a half page article, watch the video, and state your opinion, but I guess that was too much to ask. Their show is only one hour a day and they discuss roughly four or five issues a show.  I just don't understand how they're not better informed about the things they talk about, especially the lightweight stuff.

Yes. I watched the clips of Shane Gillis, and it was two white guys bitching about what they hate about Asian people, particularly Chinese people. Not one joke, not a funny line, nothing to make you stop and think, just how they hate the Chinese.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Whoopi's cancelation is imminent. 

She’s alluded several times to be cancelled in the past. Is she referring to the Ted Danson affair or black-face incident?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2019 at 7:29 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

Say what you want about Whoopi--she's not vain about her appearance. It's not easy to refuse to conform to beauty norms.

She couldn’t even if she wanted to. That ship has long since sailed....

Edited by Dahlia
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

 If Joy or Sunny had bothered to watch one of the clips Shane Gillis was in I think they would have seen what upset people so much.  The dude wasn't making jokes.  He was just saying a bunch of stupid stuff about Asians.  It wasn't funny. There was no humor, and I know humor is subjective, but I honestly didn't even seen an attempt to say anything funny or insightful by him or his friend. They were just amused by the fact that Asians existed and dared to make a life for themselves in this country. Dave Chapelle didn't do this. His routine is actually funny because he makes intriguing socio-political arguments.  I didn't even actually agree with some of them, but it was clear to me that his routines for the most part came out of a place of love, not hate. He definitely doesn't have a PC view on transgender issues, but he also made it clear in his comedy that he wasn't against transgender people being treated as equals and prospering. There's always a wink and a nudge with Chapelle's most offensive material. There was none of that with Gillis'.

That whole exchange on the show reminded me of something I've always had a problem with on The View.  How long would it have taken Joy to watch Shane's controversial video? I think it's six minutes?  I assume Sunny was busy reading that Brett Kavanaugh book all weekend so she didn't have the time, but seriously, why don't they do their research? So many of the issues they talk about they could have truly informed opinions on if they just bothered to do the research.  This issue would have taken less than 10 minutes.  Read a half page article, watch the video, and state your opinion, but I guess that was too much to ask. Their show is only one hour a day and they discuss roughly four or five issues a show.  I just don't understand how they're not better informed about the things they talk about, especially the lightweight stuff.

Asians are often the silent minority and rarely get attention for any slights or outward offensive rants by anyone in the media, much less by this tunnel-visioned group. I guarantee you that if it was Latinos or African Americans being made fun of Sunny would’ve been all over it.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

This was the first full episode I have watched of The View since sometime in the middle of last year. I saw people's early comments and figured I could tolerate it since Meghan didn't sound to be at her absolute worst.  Turns out I was right.  I actually ... AGREED with Meghan today.  Oh lord, sweet baby Jesus, hell hath frozen over.  If Joy or Sunny had bothered to watch one of the clips Shane Gillis was in I think they would have seen what upset people so much.  The dude wasn't making jokes.  He was just saying a bunch of stupid stuff about Asians.  It wasn't funny. There was no humor, and I know humor is subjective, but I honestly didn't even seen an attempt to say anything funny or insightful by him or his friend. They were just amused by the fact that Asians existed and dared to make a life for themselves in this country. Dave Chapelle didn't do this. His routine is actually funny because he makes intriguing socio-political arguments.  I didn't even actually agree with some of them, but it was clear to me that his routines for the most part came out of a place of love, not hate. He definitely doesn't have a PC view on transgender issues, but he also made it clear in his comedy that he wasn't against transgender people being treated as equals and prospering. There's always a wink and a nudge with Chapelle's most offensive material. There was none of that with Gillis'.

That whole exchange on the show reminded me of something I've always had a problem with on The View.  How long would it have taken Joy to watch Shane's controversial video? I think it's six minutes?  I assume Sunny was busy reading that Brett Kavanaugh book all weekend so she didn't have the time, but seriously, why don't they do their research? So many of the issues they talk about they could have truly informed opinions on if they just bothered to do the research.  This issue would have taken less than 10 minutes.  Read a half page article, watch the video, and state your opinion, but I guess that was too much to ask. Their show is only one hour a day and they discuss roughly four or five issues a show.  I just don't understand how they're not better informed about the things they talk about, especially the lightweight stuff.

From what I remember, Joy did not defend Gillis. In fact, she pointed out there were people also offended about Dave Chappelle after McCain had brought him up and wouldn't SNL be a hypocrite to have him on just because he's rich and well-known versus firing this guy because he's a poor nobody. Cue McCain screaming about how she was NOT offended by Chappelle a la the Howard Stern interview. Sunny was the one who was in the middle, and even her point of view was more focused on the free speech aspect of it than anything else.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

From what I remember, Joy did not defend Gillis. In fact, she pointed out there were people also offended about Dave Chappelle after McCain had brought him up and wouldn't SNL be a hypocrite to have him on just because he's rich and well-known versus firing this guy because he's a poor nobody. Cue McCain screaming about how she was NOT offended by Chappelle a la the Howard Stern interview. Sunny was the one who was in the middle, and even her point of view was more focused on the free speech aspect of it than anything else.

The issue was not Joy defending Gillis.  The issue was Joy equating Dave Chapelle's comedy with Shane Gillis' comedy.  That was the point of my post.  Gillis wasn't delivering comedy, just racist musings. Joy didn't get that because she hadn't bothered to actually watch the video. If she had watched it, she then might also understand why SNL would allow someone like Chapelle to host the show while firing Gillis. 

ETA:

Also, not for nothing, but Meghan didn't scream when she made her point.  She did a lot of shitty things that episode. She scoffed and rolled her eyes when Abby made a point she thought she, herself, had made earlier; she talked over Joy at an earlier point in the show about a subject I can't even remember now; and she called The New York Times "The New York Slimes" to her guests; but when she made the point about SNL's comedy she was speaking at a normal volume, the same volume as everyone else spoke the majority of the show.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dahlia said:

She couldn’t even if she wanted to. That ship has long since sailed....

Of course she could. For example, she could do what Joy does: wear flattering clothes and eyewear, wear more makeup, style her hair differently, wear jewelry, get a little plastic surgery done here and there, etc. Whoopi has always been like this, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So they didn't name the woman in the New York Times article on Kavanaugh because they didn't want to send a bunch of people her way to land on her doorstep, according to the two authors today but they named her in the book? Um...okay. 

It's sad when a victim doesn't want to be named but you do it anyway, so now she can look forward to reporters and others beating down her door. 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So they didn't name the woman in the New York Times article on Kavanaugh because they didn't want to send a bunch of people her way to land on her doorstep, according to the two authors today but they named her in the book? Um...okay. 

It's sad when a victim doesn't want to be named but you do it anyway, so now she can look forward to reporters and others beating down her door. 

So the authors didn't want to name the victim on The View, but The View reveals her name on the giant screen behind them when they show the controversial tweet.

That's just The View not doing their homework, once again. They could have easily blurred the name out of respect for the authors' wishes.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

When the show opened with them already sitting at the table to announce Cokie Roberts’ death, I was expecting to hear Barbara Walters’ name! Many of the same sentiments were used (trailblazer, etc), before actually naming Cokie. 

  • Like 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Stupid Meghan quote (speaking with Kavanaugh authors):

“I just want to know blankly, can you understand why so many people think this was a hatchet job?” 

Um, the word is ‘frankly’!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 20
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Eileen Dover said:

Stupid Meghan quote (speaking with Kavanaugh authors):

“I just want to know blankly, can you understand why so many people think this was a hatchet job?” 

Um, the word is ‘frankly’!

I caught that. I think she meant point blank. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi has no clue about economy, does she? She also seems to keep missing the fact that the tax Warren proposes is only for people who already own a lot of money, and that it would only tax what is over this extremely high amount.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Here's the thing (in my Whoopi voice) she wants any benefit someone lower income might get while also not having to pay taxes on the wealth she already has. To put it bluntly she is selfish and greedy.

Absolutely! And it seems that no one tries to tell her how taxes, the economy, and insurance works. And THAT, in turn, is indicative of The View in general. As so many people have pointed out, no one is required to do even cursory research, but they want to lean in to the Most Important News Show flattery. I find Sunny annoying, but can you imagine how lost the show would be without her good-student work ethic and legal expertise? 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

. As so many people have pointed out, no one is required to do even cursory research, but they want to lean in to the Most Important News Show flattery. I find Sunny annoying, but can you imagine how lost the show would be without her good-student work ethic and legal expertise? 

I so miss the days of Meredith/Star/Joy/Lisa and even Barbara. They all did their research. If a guest was on who wrote a book they read it. If a guest was on with a movie they watched it. Back in those days the guests were the reason to tune in.  Hot topics was OK but the co hosts were not the ones "making sparks" and getting outside media coverage. Star started it with her Bridezilla days and then the split screen with Rosie and Elisabeth just sent the show down the rabbit hole that they have never climbed out of. With outside projects now I look for Sunny to either leave or throw up her hands and say if my co hosts aren't making an effort why should I.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

She’s alluded several times to be cancelled in the past. Is she referring to the Ted Danson affair or black-face incident?

She didn't give any shits about that. She actually defended Ted Danson's attempt at "humor" when he did the Black-Face in an interview with Ed Bradley on 60 Minutes, shortly after it happened. And she didn't apologize for her affair with Danson, either. Most likely, it's referring to her being dropped by sponsors after her "humor" about Bush. Bawa saved her ass and made her relevant again when she hired her to moderate this show.

10 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Asians are often the silent minority and rarely get attention for any slights or outward offensive rants by anyone in the media, much less by this tunnel-visioned group. I guarantee you that if it was Latinos or African Americans being made fun of Sunny would’ve been all over it.

Add Southeast Asians to that list. Many a time, no one blinked an eye when they would be made fun of, or the way they're depicted. Ex. A. Apu on The Simpsons

4 hours ago, bannana said:

I really wish Whoopi would stop talking about Yang's proposal re Universal Basic Income as she makes it all about Amazon, etc.  That is not what UBI is about.

Universal Basic Income

Didn't Bernie explain it to her when he was on? It seemed she had a light bulb moment in that clip that was posted in the thread two weeks ago?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, one can't expect any deep insights from The View. Maybe with another line-up, but as it is, it is more an insight into people who don't really engage with politics on a deeper level.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

And it seems that no one tries to tell her how taxes, the economy, and insurance works.

Can you imagine trying to instruct Whoopi about anything?  So often on the show someone (usually Sunny) will say “x” and Whoopi will immediately contradict her with “no, it’s not x.”  She thinks she is the end all authority on everything. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She thinks she is the end all authority on everything. 

It is cringe worthy when she spouts off about something that she thinks is a great idea or something she misunderstands.  Case in point her thinking the money you pay for insurance premiums just sits there till you need it. Case in point 2 her thinking publicly traded companies should give each person in this country two shares (for free) each year. 

Anyone else want to add a case in point?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Fun Fact:  When you look up the word blowhard in Webster's dictionary, you will find an actual picture of the EGOT herself as she is the perfect example of the word. 😉 😛

Definition: a person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way.

Alternate Definition: an arrogantly and pompously boastful or opinionated person.

Synonyms: WINDBAG, BIG TALKER, BAG OF WIND, KNOW-IT-ALL.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, swanpride said:

Whoopi has no clue about economy, does she? She also seems to keep missing the fact that the tax Warren proposes is only for people who already own a lot of money, and that it would only tax what is over this extremely high amount.

The only way WHoopi will be affected is if she has assets more than 50 million dollars.  A 2 % tax on assets over 50 million doesn't sound unreasonable to most Americans.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It is cringe worthy when she spouts off about something that she thinks is a great idea or something she misunderstands.  Case in point her thinking the money you pay for insurance premiums just sits there till you need it. Case in point 2 her thinking publicly traded companies should give each person in this country two shares (for free) each year. 

Anyone else want to add a case in point?

For me, nothing tops saying a drugged 13 y/o girl wasn't rape-raped.  It makes me fear for Alex's childhood.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone who usually just reads this forum and doesn't watch the show, HAS to turn it on today to see Whoopie today. WTH?

OK.  She's explained it.  Not weird anymore.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Everyone who usually just reads this forum and doesn't watch the show, HAS to turn it on today to see Whoopie today. WTH?

WTH is right! I watch this show sometimes, read the comments here. Why does Whoopie have a mop on her head? 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Straycat80 said:

WTH is right! I watch this show sometimes, read the comments here. Why does Whoopie have a mop on her head? 

She is doing a movie... you missed her announcement(s)?   And kudos to ABC/Disney for allowing it ... lol

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Funny, our earlier conversation about know it all Whoopi since she’s playing a woman who embodies wisdom. 

All snark aside I’m going to have to watch that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

She is doing a movie... you missed her announcement(s)?   And kudos to ABC/Disney for allowing it ... lol

Yep, just watched her explanation. So cool! I can’t wait to watch The Stand. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't surprised at all when I found out that Sean Spicer would be a contestant on Dancing With The Stars. In the coming years I expect more ex-employees from Trump's administration to go on book tours, do interviews, documentaries, become cable news contributors, ect. in a attempt to rehabilitate their image.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Yep, just watched her explanation. So cool! I can’t wait to watch The Stand. 

I really can’t wait either.  This is my favorite Stephen King story- hands down.  So excited that James Marsden will be playing Stu Redman!  And was I dreaming, or is Alexander Skarsgaard really going to be Randall Flagg?  

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hate when Whoopi implies that Sunny is a bad/weak mother. HOWEVER,  Sunny needs to stop acting like being territorial and overprotective towards her husband and kids is cute. As the others said, it just makes them look incompetent. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I really can’t wait either.  This is my favorite Stephen King story- hands down.  So excited that James Marsden will be playing Stu Redman!  And was I dreaming, or is Alexander Skarsgaard really going to be Randall Flagg?  

Yup

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The conversation is about Sunny's smothering mothering style, Abby starts telling a story about her mothering style and Me-gan totally takes over the conversation to remind us how strong she is.  Smack her, someone!

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size