Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Why Is Tommy Still Alive?

spinxella
  • Start Topic

Tasha sparks up a new romantic interest; Ghost takes advantage of his resources in the hopes of getting Tommy killed; Tariq gets into a situation with the Italians he cannot control; Dre makes an unexpected ally; Proctor aims to get custody.

What or who was stopping Ghost from putting the pen in Dre's eye? Sure wasn't Proctor! Maybe it was "Ghost of Christmas Present Angela" holding his arm back. 

Tasha asks Tate for a daycare place and "hours" later she has a place! Ghost asks Tate to shut down a block and "minutes" later there are traffic jams! Tate has two (maybe more) loyal NYPD detectives on his payroll!! This man has my vote for governor (even though I don't live in New York). He can deliver for his constituents!! Now his people just needs to find a way to get these fine examples into his campaign. 

Seriously! They wasted no time getting Tasha involved with this guy! Now this fool thinks he can handle Ghost! He doesn't read the newspaper or know who these people are? I don't trust him. He maybe working for somebody.

Of course Tasha just had a bottle of wine handy in the desk drawer, I guess it's there for when times get rough watching those kids.

Why are they making Ghost look stupid? Two attempts on Tommy and two misses. So to answer Why is Tommy still alive? Because Ghost is clumsy and a lousy shooter.

Back to back episodes an ambulance is stolen in NYC!! This is turning into a crisis.

Maria needs to stop crying and learn how to negotiate. She should have told Ghost that envelope looks "pretty damn lite", bring a suitcase full of cash next time you cheap motherf*cker. Also, why did Ghost put on gloves after walking in the apartment? He was afraid of getting fingerprints on an envelope?

The FBI just stops at the front of the building and don't bother check on Maria?!

C'mon Ghost! I'm sure he saw the FBI arrive in the rearview mirror after he and Dre left and noticed Dre nervous/shaking. You know he called Saxe. There is no reason to keep him around.

So "Ghost of Christmas Future Angela" ordered Ghost to kill Maria? 

How long has Kanan been dead? Tommy bought that excuse. He doesn't recognize his pill containers from recent shipments or doesn't do an inventory count and noticed containers were missing.

Add Proctor to the list of despicable characters, for letting Lindsay die that way. He is lucky she went straight for the drugs instead of stabbing him or harming their daughter. Good luck Saxe gathering any info from that recording.

Tariq had two valuable warnings/close calls from Tommy and Vincent to leave the drug business and none of it sunk in his thick skull!

If Kate Egan says Keisha is no good then Keisha is no good! Can't argue with a drug addict. Too bad we didn't get to see Keisha beat on some little kids. Probably knocked them down like bowling pins only using the strength of her ass.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Why is Tommy still alive? Meh, why can't GhostAngela stay dead? I thought we were finally rid of her. Now she's causing trouble from beyond the grave.

This new guy Q is foine. Get you some of that, Tasha, though maybe not at the daycare center.

Tariq stealing product from Tommy? That won't end well. He is so arrogant. And lucky.

Dre trying to be a triple agent. That lowlife will be the downfall of everybody.

Wait, James is now on some kind of redemption trip? Pssht.

Oh Tommy, surely you are not that gullible. Your godson is bad news. The worst news.

Did James recognize Q? Does Q work for Jason or Tate, or is James just being jealous of Tasha again?

Ooh, at least Holly didn't have kids? Yikes, Tommy's mommy. That one got Tommy in the feelz and you don't even know why.

Uh oh, Proctor's nutbag ex lost her leverage. Then Proctor sent her over the edge but good. Five carats? Lol. Five cubic zirconia carats, I bet.

Yep, this Effie chick has to be undercover. It'll serve Tariq right if she is.

Whoa, Proctor! That was cold-blooded just to let her die right in front of you. Nice plan though. It worked and you're finally rid of her. In the long run your kid will probably better off.

OMG, STFU GhostAngela! You are helping no one, least of all Ghost. It'll be funny if she makes James lose his marbles and he ends up taking everybody down with him.

• Love 3

I don’t know how to articulate this other than to say that may have been the worst Power episode I've seen.

Tommy is still the MVP but nearly every thing else was so cringeworthy, especially every Ghost scene. 

I now hate Proctor too. Saxe is making his way there because I think he was OK with Ghost killing the witness as long as he caught him. I really hate that there isn’t one person on the “good” side who wants to bring Ghost down but isn’t obsessive about it to the point where they are setting witnesses up to be killed.

Note to Q, run boy run!

giphy.gif

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GodsBeloved said:

Note to Q, run boy run!

Maybe he thinks smooth talking Tasha will earn him 40% off on the daycare bill. Tasha will counter with 75% off if all breaks right in the bedroom and Ghost doesn't kill him.

When Dre was talking to Saxe about why Ghost didn't kill Maria, did it ever occur to him that maybe that gun was meant to be used on him?!

Edited by mxc90

I’m not finished this episode, yet. I had to stop immediately when Tasha and ole boy SHE JUST MET were about to get it in. I ran here to see what y’all were saying!!! C’mon!!! This is ridiculous.

Ghost Angela needs to stay dead!

So, if those cops weren’t Tate’s men, Ghost would have been arrested. Tacky. Just tacky. They set him up to be brilliant and always ahead of everyone else from the series start, and now, now he’s sloppy?!

Okay going to try to finish. Back shortly. 

I’m back. I meant to say earlier that I wish I had balls as big as Ghost, when he stepped into Jason’s muscle dude who threatened him! 

Next, yeah Q has no clue. Ghost admitted he killer Silver to Ghost Angie.

Now to those mad at Proctor: He set things in motion for her to break, yes. But, she is the reason she broke. He was right about calling 9-1-1 at first. But stopping after she started foaming at the mouth, yeah his conscience should be on him for that. The recorder taping, daughter upstairs, fake rejection letter...yeah he’s in trouble. 

I don’t know what the eff Dre is doing. And we still haven’t learned Tate’s angle or story. 

• Love 3

Seriously! They wasted no time getting Tasha involved with this guy! Now this fool thinks he can handle Ghost! He doesn't read the newspaper or know who these people are? I don't trust him. He maybe working for somebody.

Of course Tasha just had a bottle of wine handy in the desk drawer, I guess it's there for when times get rough watching those kids.

Why are they making Ghost look stupid? Two attempts on Tommy and two misses. So to answer Why is Tommy still alive? Because Ghost is clumsy and a lousy shooter.

Back to back episodes an ambulance is stolen in NYC!! This is turning into a crisis.

Maria needs to stop crying and learn how to negotiate. She should have told Ghost that envelope looks "pretty damn lite", bring a suitcase full of cash next time you cheap motherf*cker. Also, why did Ghost put on gloves after walking in the apartment? He was afraid of getting fingerprints on an envelope?

Your entire post is a big yes. Q is fine, but Tasha, I'm gonna need for you to practice due diligence before you do Q with diligence. You juuuuust met ol' boy. That smile is dangerous, but so is smashing some guy you know nothing about. It also didn't ring true for me that he didn't know who Tasha was. Her and Ghost are local celebrities at this point; especially given the fact that their daughter was murdered and her funeral was on the news. Tate attended the funeral, so you know it got coverage.

Who knew Ghost was such a lousy shot? He had Tommy dead to rights and missed. Also, doing this shit in broad-ass daylight? And he must've been driving a loaner while out with Dre because he fucked up his car smashing into Tommy. The whole plot was absurd.

And yes to that envelope being kinda light (Carmela Soprano voice). WTF was Dre talking about when he said that Ghost was handing out money like he was Oprah. That didn't look like "start your life over money" at all. That flimsy envelope had "pay your rent for the next 2 or 3 months" to it. When I think of start over money, I think of a briefcase with stacks, not that thin-ass envelope. I get bigger envelopes of junk mail compared to that.

What's also silly is Cash getting jumped after school in fucking Soho! Tommy lives in a loft in an affluent neighborhood. It's so damn crowded down there that you're packed like sardines. Maybe if this were 70s Soho when the area was rougher (so I've heard), then it would've made sense. But 2019 Soho? Please. Not saying that asshole kids don't exist in money areas, but the whole, "it's not our neighborhood. No one knows us here." Like they moved from one hood to another makes no damn sense.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 5

I don’t agree with what Proctor did but I don’t hate him for it. His ex chose to use drugs- she had NO intention of staying clean with cocaine in the house and her DEALER in her phone. She took the drugs WITH her child in the house under her care (good thing she had sense to call her Dad). I don’t think Proctor wanted her to die but his life is so much easier with her gone. Of course I don’t agree but I understand why he didn’t hit the number. Now though we have the recording of her asking him to call 911 and him responding in anger and not dialing. 

As always fuck Ghost. Fuck Tariq. 

Tasha, I know you’re a beautiful vibrant woman but stay away from guys for a hot minute. At least until the divorce is final. 

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, STFU GhostAngela! You are helping no one, least of all Ghost. It'll be funny if she makes James lose his marbles and he ends up taking everybody down with him.

When we learned that Angela was really dead I figured her ghost would haunt him for most of the season. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Tasha should stay away from guys if for no other reason than they seem to die because of her. How selfish!

Shawn didn’t die because of her, he died because of Kanaan. Terry died cause Ghost is hypocritical mother fucker. The man used to have sense! And it seems like he’s really gone off the deep end. I am still mad at him for killing Terry for NO REASON other than he was sleeping with Tasha. Ghost left TASHA. 

This isn’t Tasha’s fault but I do think she should stay away from guys. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, Proctor! That was cold-blooded just to let her die right in front of you. Nice plan though. It worked and you're finally rid of her. In the long run your kid will probably better off.

Yeah, but it's now recorded that she told him to call 911 and he didn't do it, so he's going to be in trouble. But I do understand why he did it. (I really like Jerry Ferrara in this role.) The kid probably IS better off - if Proctor's ex can't handle a long day or disappointment (aren't bar results online now?) without a) lashing out at the kid and b) getting high, she's not exactly mother of the year.

12 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

What's also silly is Cash getting jumped after school in fucking Soho! Tommy lives in a loft in an affluent neighborhood. It's so damn crowded down there that you're packed like sardines. Maybe if this were 70s Soho when the area was rougher (so I've heard), then it would've made sense. But 2019 Soho? Please. Not saying that asshole kids don't exist in money areas, but the whole, "it's not our neighborhood. No one knows us here." Like they moved from one hood to another makes no damn sense.

Right. I laughed when Keisha was like "I'm about to fuck somebody up," but IRL that's a neighborhood where people call the cops and she'd have gotten locked up for beating up a kid.

12 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Q is fine, but Tasha, I'm gonna need for you to practice due diligence before you do Q with diligence.

Brilliant! And yeah, someone just walks into your place of business and you fuck him? What?

I couldn't believe it when I saw that day care center open - that took, what, a week?

10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

When we learned that Angela was really dead I figured her ghost would haunt him for most of the season. 

Me too. When he walked over to the bed I was like, we're not about to see ghost sex, are we? But I knew she'd be around.

Has anybody explained to Tariq that Tommy and Ghost sold drugs because they had to, and Tommy low-key still has to because he can't really do anything else? I was thinking of that scene in The Wire between DeLonda, who thought being a soldier was something to be proud of, and Wee-Bey, who asked "Who would do that if they could do something else?" And DeLonda was visiting Wee Bey in prison, where he was for life, and Wee Bey was convincing her to let their son go live with someone else and get him OUT of the life.

• Love 5

I'm really hoping the Italians come through and take Tariq out by the end of the season.  If so, lasagna for everybody!

Jamie to Tasha:  Why are you always going behind my back?!?

Me: show reality GIF

Also, why is Jamie allowing Dre to walk around his business and offices freely?  Everyone knows they can't trust him, yet he still has so much freedom.  They're all crazy.

Proctor was wildin' out this episode.  That was some serious skill in setting up the ex-wife for falling off the wagon.  It was despicable, but I ain't mad at him though.  And I would be concerned about the unicorn, except the federal prosecutors have had evidence that had some of these folks dead to rights and they still fucked it all up.  If he could make this stick, I'd be shocked.  

• Love 2
On 9/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, luckyroll3 said:

And I would be concerned about the unicorn, except the federal prosecutors have had evidence that had some of these folks dead to rights and they still fucked it all up.  If he could make this stick, I'd be shocked.  

New York is a one party consent state, but I'm not sure how that works if the consenting party is dead.