Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
peeayebee

Season 4 Discussion

Recommended Posts

I had the oddest sense of Deja Vu because I could have sworn they asked that Siri and Alexa question before, but I'm assuming this was not a rerun.

Quote

For the baby Who Dis app (or whatever it was), I said binky. No, not as a euphemism for penis, though one could take it that way (but not on this show).

I thought "penis size" was a stupid answer (even though everyone matched on it) because dating apps don't specify that. I thought height or weight would have been the logical answer.

Quote

Is it me or does the upper part of Michael Che's face not move..?

There is just something about him that is so un-funny to me, I can never understand how he got to where he is now. He was slightly better this time than last time, though. Last time he acted like he wanted to be anywhere else but there.

Quote

I thought the hedges question was going to be "Middle finger." 

That was my first thought too.

Both the contestants and the panel were oddly penis obsessed tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I had the oddest sense of Deja Vu because I could have sworn they asked that Siri and Alexa question before, but I'm assuming this was not a rerun.

I thought "penis size" was a stupid answer (even though everyone matched on it) because dating apps don't specify that. I thought height or weight would have been the logical answer.

There is just something about him that is so un-funny to me, I can never understand how he got to where he is now. He was slightly better this time than last time, though. Last time he acted like he wanted to be anywhere else but there.

That was my first thought too.

Both the contestants and the panel were oddly penis obsessed tonight.

Except for Kirstie who literally called out the show for all the penis stuff.

I think it just comes down to something like that being the easiest to jump to because it's a joke answer.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I guess I screwed up with a couple of answers. With both I changed my original answer. The first one was with Alexa and Siri. I thought sleep mode was the answer, but then figured (like a couple of the celebs) that that wouldn't be taking it to the next level, so I said sex. I know that's not an actual mode, but I doubt vibrate is either for Siri or Alexa. But I concede that my answer was bad.

The other one was with Mary Poppins working in a tiki bar. I first thought umbrella, but then I figured all (or most) drinks are served with an umbrella in a tiki bar, so I said spoonful of sugar.

For the baby Who Dis app (or whatever it was), I said binky. No, not as a euphemism for penis, though one could take it that way (but not on this show).

For the hedge one, I said dick, which I think is a better answer than penis, just because you call a person a dick, not a penis.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I had the oddest sense of Deja Vu because I could have sworn they asked that Siri and Alexa question before, but I'm assuming this was not a rerun.

I thought "penis size" was a stupid answer (even though everyone matched on it) because dating apps don't specify that. I thought height or weight would have been the logical answer.

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Except for Kirstie who literally called out the show for all the penis stuff.

I think it just comes down to something like that being the easiest to jump to because it's a joke answer.

For Alexa and Siri, the only "mode" I could think of is hands-free, which is kind of the opposite of what they're going for.

For Mary Poppins, a spoonful of sugar was the first thing I thought of so nothing could push it out of my mind, even though umbrella seems perfect.

For the baby app, the first thing I thought of was weight, then thought, no, "age" is the perfect answer! Ha!

And for the hedge, after watching "American Vandal", I know what the go-to insult is, so I was good there!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

The other one was with Mary Poppins working in a tiki bar. I first thought umbrella, but then I figured all (or most) drinks are served with an umbrella in a tiki bar, so I said spoonful of sugar.

I had the exact same thought process!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I actually knew who a couple of the "stars" were tonight! I know almost nothing about SNL or comedians in general so I usually don't know them! No one has mentioned my first thought for MUD..... how about Mud Puddle? I actually thought of some of the facial uses of mud but thought puddle was a given...guess I was completely wrong about that! I thought of Follow the leader first quickly followed by yellow brick road...I stuck with my leader! And I also thought of Spoon full of sugar...umbrella never crossed my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
On August 7, 2019 at 11:21 PM, Irlandesa said:

I would have lost at the end as the only thing I could think of was "follow the yellow brick road."

"follow the yellow brick road"'is a good one!

I thought "Leader" and then thought "follow the money."

10 hours ago, peeayebee said:

The first contestant, Frank, was OTT but I loved his genuine enthusiasm, and I thought he was kinda funny.

I was disappointed that he didn't come back to face a new opponent, but they don't do it that way anymore. 

I thought Mud Wrestling would be the top answer, but it wasn't even a contender.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I thought of nothing else but follow the leader.

But, I did screw up on the candle one. I was thinking of things that happen while your drunk not about the candle so I said Jack was covered in vomit.

I thought the candle one was supposed to rhyme with quick to finish the sentence so I thought he would wake up "covered in his own sick".

I did not even think of Follow the Leader for the last one. My first thought was Yellow Brick Road but then I thought it would be Follow the Money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, suebee12 said:

No one has mentioned my first thought for MUD..... how about Mud Puddle? I actually thought of some of the facial uses of mud but thought puddle was a given...guess I was completely wrong about that! 

I thought puddle, too, if it makes you feel better. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Heads up, all y'all! Tonight has Joel McHale, Mayim Bialik, Kal Penn, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, and, the frickin' awesome Bebe Neuwirth.
I wonder if Mayim is the first celebrity they've had with a PhD in the sciences, and how well that will work with matching.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Follow the ________  was an audience match on Match Game ‘76 today.

Answers were:

$500- Leader

$250- Yellow Brick Road

$100- Crowd 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight’s Code Blue medical theme show was hilarious. Bebe Neuwirth won the night. 

Question: the magazines in my doctor’s office are so old, the People Magazine actually featured an interview with blank. 

Bebe’s answer: Alec Baldwin 😂

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Code Blue Match Game
Sorry, not quite in order

  • Barbie has paired with Arby's for a luxury Dream House made of roast beef with a swimming pool filled with:
    My guess: mustard.
    Liked contestant's "soda" better; thinking "root beer" even better, but nobody had that (celebs had gravy, jus, blood, BB que sauce, and catsup)
     
  • I guessed the old Time magazine in the doctor's waiting room had an interview with:
    Nixon (because I've watched too many reruns of the 70s Match Game)
    Answers were instead all biblicaly old (Moses, Jesus, God)
     
  • Reboot of Blossom starring prickly old Alec Baldwin is called [blank]
    Contestant: Thorn 
    I said Cactus (like Donald's "Pear"?)
    Other Celebs: Prune, Prickly Old Man, Dead, Dried Fruit, Peat
     
  • Egyptian-themed strip clubs call Nefre-Tatas with a sign overhead of giant neon [blank]
    My guess and contestant's (of course) Boobs
    Celebs "double-D pyramids was decided by judges to be match
     
  • Super Match: [blank] Express
    My guess: Pony
    Celebs: Polar, American, Orient
    Contestant: American
    Answers in order: Pony, Panda, American
     
  • Magician proctologist shouts . . .
    (of course) Abracadabra
    (although Mayim said "Open sesame")
     
  • Greys Anatomy theme park makes your blank go up.
    I said the celeb-matching blood pressure.
    Heart rate was contestant's and Mayim's answer.
     
  • Super Match:
    Blank hop.
    I guessed Bunny and Car.
    Celebrities: I, Hip, and Sock (so at least I'm not the only old school guess)
    Contestant went with: Hip
    Answers were in order: I, Hip, Bunny
     
  • Celebrity super match: Pop-up [blank]
    My guess: Pop-up Store
    Contestant: Pop-up Shop
    Donald: Pop-up Book

     
  • Celebrity super match:
    Meet the blank.
    I guessed parents or Fockers.
    Contestant guessed parents, as did Kal
    --for the win and enough cash for a trip to Disneyland -- *Awww*
     
  • Rapunzel's got lice. Now the prince refuses to climb up her hair unless he's got:
    Gloves won
    Other guesses: Mayonaise, shampoo, comb
    My guess: Hazmat suit
     
  • Swap blank at the swap meet with another couple.
    My guess: Swap spit 
    Guest: Sex
    Celebs: Fluids, (meat), spit
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Mayim in this episode. Especially when she would get so filled with righteous indignation about an answer not matching - sex and "meat."  I've seen the judges approve some pretty shaky answers (like that episode where I think the person said a specific type of liquor and the judges basically approved a match ALL types of liquor).  And all the celebs were just really funny.  I enjoyed this one. 

Some of these were very difficult I think.  For Arby's I said Horsey Sauce because if you're a regular Arby's customer you know they have their patented horseradish sauce.  For the prickly old man one all I could think was cactus, but I know that was not great.  I did get American Express but not iHop.  I was with Kal and Hip Hop on that one. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Reboot of Blossom starring prickly old Alec Baldwin is called [blank]
Contestant: Thorn 
I said Cactus (like Donald's "Pear"?)
Other Celebs: Prune, Prickly Old Man, Dead, Dried Fruit, Peat

I thought "wilt"...like flowers eventually do after they bloom.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Super Match: [blank] Express
My guess: Pony
Celebs: Polar, American, Orient
Contestant: American
Answers in order: Pony, Panda, American

I worked in bookstores for several years so my first thoughts were "Polar" and "Hogwarts"...then I thought "American" and figured that'd be the top answer.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Super Match:
Blank hop.
I guessed Bunny and Car.
Celebrities: I, Hip, and Sock (so at least I'm not the only old school guess)
Contestant went with: Hip
Answers were in order: I, Hip, Bunny

Mine were I-, Sock, and Bunny (though given the musical proclivities of my various neighbors' too-loud car stereos, I should have thought of hip-hop; not a genre I listen to much so it didn't occur to me).

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Celebrity super match: Pop-up [blank]

My first thought was Pop-Up Video. I miss that show.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Swap blank at the swap meet with another couple.

I thought "wives."

I like how Kal made it seem like he didn't get the match but then when he turned his card over he said he thought they should go to Disney. Then the guy's kids running out all excited in their Mickey hats was adorable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, opus said:

Follow the ________  was an audience match on Match Game ‘76 today.

Answers were:

$500- Leader

$250- Yellow Brick Road

$100- Crowd 

Crowd? Was that a thing in 1976? 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if Mayim is the first celebrity they've had with a PhD in the sciences, and how well that will work with matching.

Neil deGrasse Tyson has been on this show before.

I loved the episode tonight as well.  Only wish the contestants also were doctors of some sort.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved the episode tonight as well.  Only wish the contestants also were doctors of some sort.

Well, the first woman was about to get her PhD (in criminology, I think she said) and the guy was a pharmacist, which also requires a doctorate. (I think Mayim was the only celeb who didn't play some kind of medical doctor.)

I guess the tie-in for game 2 contestants is that they both would be having a lot of doctor appointments these days...

I liked the theme aspect but the flat-line sound effect when they didn't match got really annoying after the first few.

Edited by ams1001

Share this post


Link to post

Rapunzel question - I said Gloves (some of them were thinking too hard on this one. Loved the Chalke/Faison handshake)

Dumb Dora - I said Swap Spouses (I get why they were thinking meat but I didn't go that route with the answer)

Proctologist - Tada 

Grey's Anatomy - Blood Pressure (although I thought in my head Heart rate initially)

Top Answer

_ Hop - I said I Hop

Meet the _ - I said Meet the Press ( I was thinking of Meet the Parents though)

Game 2

Barbie/Arby's - I said filled with Kens (Like the Ken Doll). I really had

no idea what to answer for this one. I figure they were looking for a Barbie specific answer.

Time Magazines - I said Jesus

Mayim/Blossom - I said Cactus

Strip Club - I said Breasts

Top Answer

_ Express - I said Federal Express (and yes I do actually work for Fed Ex)

Pop Up _ - I said Pop Up Video (because I was a kid in the 90s)

I'm now in love with Mayim Bialik

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Best episode they've ever had.  Worked on every level (except the flat-line sound).  

Panelists were very comfortable with each other and had mutual respect.   Mayim and Joel seemed to be in conversation a few times and she also chatted with Kal.  Donald and Sarah have known each other for years.  The only "odd man out" was Bebe but they encouraged and supported her and she seemed to be enjoying herself while coming up with the best answer of the night. 

My answers were similar to the ones mentioned above but for this episode I think the game took second place to the panelists.  The contestants seemed to have a good time as well.

Need this panel back at least once a season, preferably twice.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed how enthusiastically and demonstrably glad Mayim was that Kal was chosen for the Super Match (there's a longtime tradition of celebs dreading being chosen lest they don't match the contestant) — and then Kal did match!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Crowd? Was that a thing in 1976? 

Well, there was a famous song, The In Crowd, first done by the Ramsey Lewis Trio in the mid-60's that was released by quite a few people later on....Dobie Gray, the Mamas and the Papas, and Bryan Ferry to name a few....Yes, I am old!

I also thought of Meet the Press and for Pop Up, I thought of Pop Up Restaurant...too many cooking shows I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Barbie/Arby's - I said filled with Kens (Like the Ken Doll). I really had

no idea what to answer for this one. I figure they were looking for a Barbie specific answer.

I thought gravy or au jus because I figured they wanted an Arby's/meat-related answer and the question had roast beef in it.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

For Arby's I said Horsey Sauce because if you're a regular Arby's customer you know they have their patented horseradish sauce.

I also said Horsey Sauce, though I wondered if anyone would guess that. As you said, Arby's customers would know that, but how popular is Arby's these days?

Kal's answer of blood was weird.

5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I thought "wilt"...like flowers eventually do after they bloom.

That's a good answer. Like the contestant, I said thorn. However, my first thought was rose hip, since that's what's left when some rose blooms die. I figured that was too esoteric.

For the Rapunzel one, I said hazmat suit. Mayonnaise also occurred to me, but I thought that was unlikely to match anyone.

For swap, I said spit. I didn't think meat or fluids or spit should match sex, so I agreed with the judges.

However, for the Nefritata question, I don't think boobs matches pyramids. I think the show was running out of time, so the judges decided to match it. (Pyramids was my guess.)

I said abracadabra -- Open sesame was funny, though not something a magician says -- and blood pressure.

For the old Time magazine, I said FDR. I was thinking of someone from the Bible, but it seems like there was a similar question earlier this season (or last?) where I said a person from the Bible, but the answers were more current and realistic. Maybe I'm not remembering right. Anyway, Alec Baldwin was a fantastic answer.

In the first Super Match, I said bunny [hop] and [meet the] press, though I was torn betw that and parents. 

In the second Super Match, for blank express I said Panda, pony, and Federal. I guessed [pop-up] book.

I agreed with Alec that the wrong-answer beeping was really annoying. But overall this was a fun ep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

For Arby's I said Horsey Sauce because if you're a regular Arby's customer you know they have their patented horseradish sauce. 

I said Arby's Sauce! But yeah . . . you'd have to be an Arby's customer to know that, and the chances that anyone on that panel ever ate at Arby's was pretty slim. I thought ketchup would have been a safe answer and the only person who said it was Bebe. Arby's doesn't technically have "gravy" with any of their sandwiches. Au jus was pretty good.

Quote

I thought "wilt"...like flowers eventually do after they bloom.

Me too! The opposite of Blossom is Wilt.

Quote

Egyptian-themed strip clubs call Nefre-Tatas with a sign overhead of giant neon [blank]

"Boobs" was the (too) obvious answer, but I thought a more clever answer would be "Asp." 

I don't fault the judges for buzzing on "meat" for "sex." I thought the obvious answer was "meat" because it could be taken literally: she thought a Swap Meet was a place to Swap Meat. No sexual connotation needed. They could have been a little bit lenient in accepting Donald's answer since he specified swapping his meat, but whatever.

The water fight was hilarious, this was a terrific panel

I'm assuming Code Blue is some new ABC shoe debuting this fall??

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

For the proctologist magician question, I said "Is this your card?"

:) I would have been the trying-too-hard guy who would've gotten a laugh but matched with no one. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

For the Rapunzel one, I said hazmat suit.

*high 5* 🖐 We matched!

And perhaps we've both dealt with lice in the home.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I thought gravy or au jus because I figured they wanted an Arby's/meat-related answer and the question had roast beef in it.

I get that. I just thought that because the first part of the question involved Arby's the second part should involve Barbie.

They had prickly in the Alec/Blossom question so cactus seemed like a no brainier to me.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't fault the judges for buzzing on "meat" for "sex." I thought the obvious answer was "meat" because it could be taken literally: she thought a Swap Meet was a place to Swap Meat.

When Mayim said 'meat', I didn't get it. It was only when Sarah (I think) had 'meat (meet)' on her card that I went, "Ooohhhhhh."

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

*high 5* 🖐 We matched!

And perhaps we've both dealt with lice in the home.

Fortunately I have not. But I've read up on it since I work part-time in a preschool.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

They had prickly in the Alec/Blossom question so cactus seemed like a no brainier to me.

Another "Oooohhhhhh" from me since I was wondering why people were saying cactus. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I said Arby's Sauce! But yeah . . . you'd have to be an Arby's customer to know that, and the chances that anyone on that panel ever ate at Arby's was pretty slim. 

I thought Arby's Sauce too and I don't even go to Arbys. I feel like I've heard it mentioned in their commercial, though.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

They had prickly in the Alec/Blossom question so cactus seemed like a no brainier to me.

Me too. I was torn between cactus or Cactus Blossom. 

Share this post


Link to post

On last night’s episode, they kept saying that first male player looked like Derek Jeter. Maybe I am confused about who Derek Jeter is (I don’t think I am), but that guy looked nothing like Derek Jeter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I said Arby's Sauce! But yeah . . . you'd have to be an Arby's customer to know that

Finally someone with the correct answer. 

That was a pretty fun episode overall. Mixed with some really hard to match questions. 

And just why did they give everyone squirt bottles? Really makes you wonder what shenanigans go on between takes. Probably a fun show to be an audience member, with the right panel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

*high 5* 🖐 We matched!

And perhaps we've both dealt with lice in the home.

That Lice question was the only one I really struggled with this episode. Hazmat suit was one of my thoughts. Comb. Rubber gloves. Hair net/shower cap. I'm really not sure what I would have said had I been a contestant, but I think I probably would have said rubber gloves because it was the first thing that came into my mind.  Hazmat suit is probably the right answer, given the amount of lice Rapunzel would have in her hair.  Yikes.

13 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Maybe I am confused about who Derek Jeter is (I don’t think I am), but that guy looked nothing like Derek Jeter.

I immediately thought he looked like current version of Derek Jeter before it was said on the show, and that's because I just saw this picture of him in the New York Post a couple days ago.

don-mattingly-derek-jeter.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I said "Raid" for the lice question. I couldn't think of anything else. And I said "Presto!" for the magician question.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I said Rid. Isn't that the special shampoo?

I thought the writers were probably going for "pyramids" (as a euphemism for boobs) on the Nefertatas clue, but Joel was hedging his bets by phrasing it the way he did - made sure he'd match either pyramid or boobs. Which is kinda sneaky. Good thing she only needed on because it looked like most did say pyramid.

There were some epically bad answers from both the contestants and the panel during this one, and yet it was still hilarious. And for once I thought a decent amount of the clues had very clear answers but the participants flubbed it. Usually when there are so few matches it's because I have no flipping idea what the writers were expecting people to say. There were still a few like that but less than usual.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

I immediately thought he looked like current version of Derek Jeter before it was said on the show, and that's because I just saw this picture of him in the New York Post a couple days ago.

don-mattingly-derek-jeter.jpg

Even though I can see that Jeter has aged, and I am not saying that Simit (the contestant) was bad or good looking. I am just saying that he did not look like Jeter to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2019 at 9:18 PM, shapeshifter said:

I said the celeb-matching blood pressure.

Heart rate was contestant's and Mayim's answer.

When damn doctor tells you that "heart rate" and "blood pressure" are the same, you listen, judges.  Since all the celebs had one or the other, she would have won if they had judged it right.  I hope she sues them.

If there was a good reason that it was judged "not a match", they should have explained why not.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:35 AM, joanne3482 said:

For Arby's I said Horsey Sauce because if you're a regular Arby's customer you know they have their patented horseradish sauce.  For the prickly old man one all I could think was cactus, but I know that was not great.

I had "Horsey Sauce", since that's a thing only Arby's has.  My wife had "jus".

On 8/15/2019 at 11:38 AM, peeayebee said:

for the Nefritata question, I don't think boobs matches pyramids.

Several of the contestants made it clear that they were using "pryamids" as a euphemism for "boobs" -- one had "boobs" in parenthesis,  and another drew a pair of pryamids that looked pretty "boob"ish.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:50 PM, Racj82 said:

They had prickly in the Alec/Blossom question so cactus seemed like a no brainier to me.

Same

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, jhlipton said:

When damn doctor tells you that "heart rate" and "blood pressure" are the same, you listen, judges.  Since all the celebs had one or the other, she would have won if they had judged it right.  I hope she sues them.

If there was a good reason that it was judged "not a match", they should have explained why not.

I disagreed with a lot of the judging in that episode, but I had to agree that heart rate and blood pressure are not the same thing.  They may be related, but they are different things with different measurements.  When you go in for a physical, they check both.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The judges definitely seemed more picky than in previous episodes.  I remember an episode where, and here's where I get a bit fuzzy, either the contestant said alcohol/liquor or a specific type of liquor (and I think it was more a specific type of liquor) and the judges matched anyone who said any variation of alcohol/liquor/brand of liquor. I remember people complaining it was too loose to accept all types of liquor. I like it when the judges get a happy middle with their interpretations of the answers. But this was definitely not one of those episodes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

The judges definitely seemed more picky than in previous episodes.  I remember an episode where, and here's where I get a bit fuzzy, either the contestant said alcohol/liquor or a specific type of liquor (and I think it was more a specific type of liquor) and the judges matched anyone who said any variation of alcohol/liquor/brand of liquor. I remember people complaining it was too loose to accept all types of liquor. I like it when the judges get a happy middle with their interpretations of the answers. But this was definitely not one of those episodes. 

From the 1970s to the present, I have learned to not even try to guess what logic the judges are using. Sometimes it's like "all kittens are cats," and sometimes it's like "a kitten is a specific type of cat."

But I suck at logic tests in general, so maybe I'm wrong about my opinion here too, heh.

But I still do sometimes quietly yell at the judges for "wrong" decisions --especially when it seems inconsistent within a single episode.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Several of the contestants made it clear that they were using "pryamids" as a euphemism for "boobs" -- one had "boobs" in parenthesis,  and another drew a pair of pryamids that looked pretty "boob"ish.

I know. The whole joke is that pyramids is a euphemism for boobs, so "double-Ds" or whatever is superfluous.

The question was about what was on the sign. If you say "boobs," you mean a literal pair of breasts. If you say "pyramids," it means pyramids, even if they're drawn boobishly. It's like being asked what Hooter's logo is, saying "boobs," then expecting a match when someone says "owl eyes that look like boobs." That's what happened in this case. The judges shouldn't have given it to her.

Edited by peeayebee

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I know. The whole joke is that pyramids is a euphemism for boobs, so "double-Ds" or whatever is superfluous.

The question was about what was on the sign. If you say "boobs," you mean a literal pair of breasts. If you say "pyramids," it means pyramids, even if they're drawn boobishly. It's like being asked what Hooter's logo is, saying "boobs," then expecting a match when someone says "owl eyes that look like boobs." That's what happened in this case. The judges shouldn't have given it to her.

You are right but I don't care. She only needed one and people wrote boobs on their card. She was winning either way.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size