Type keyword(s) to search

The Neighborhood in the Media

• Start Topic

Next Episode: 

"Welcome to the Freeloader" - Dave's patience is tested when Gemma's freeloading sister, Brittany (Deborah Baker Jr.), suddenly shows up with plans for an extended stay. Also, Calvin grows frustrated that Malcolm is still living at home, even with a new job, on THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, Jan. 6 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 

• Useful 2

Cedric the Entertainer did a guest spot on Power last night where he played the father in a father and son contract killing team. He still brought some humor into the role, even though it was very dark and gory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

The Neighborhood Creator Jim Reynolds Exits As Showrunner Of Hit CBS Comedy Series After 3 Years

https://deadline.com/2021/04/jim-reynolds-exits-the-neighborhood-creator-showrunner-cbs-season-4-1234728131/

Interesting. I wonder who will replace him. If the goal is to handle race in a better way, after two years of complaints from Black members of the writing team (as the article alleges), then presumably the show will get better. Often a shift in who's in charge results in a show falling apart, but I hope that doesn't happen here.

The new showrunner was announced and she fired the entire writing team except for 1 person. Safe to say the series will be quite different from now on.

Meg DeLoatch is already putting her stamp on the show with a new writing team; I hear she has released all but one of The Neighborhood‘s Season 3 writers.

Comedy veteran DeLoatch most recently created and executive produces the Netflix multi-camera sitcom Family Reunion, for which she has received two NAACP Image Awards in 2020 and 2021.

source: https://deadline.com/2021/06/the-neighborhood-meg-deloatch-new-showrunner-cbs-comedy-1234770578/

Spoiler

This will be sad. But I like that they are having Calvin comfort Gemma and Tina comfort Dave. Change up the dynamics. And as sad as it is, I think a baby for this show would be a mistake right now. You'd have to tie either Dave or Gemma to the baby at all times or they'd look like terrible parents. At least Grover can be at school or a friends or even in his room alone. Baby, not so much. 

• Love 2

The executive producer/showrunner Meg DeLoatch and Beth Behrs discuss the miscarriage storyline with TVLine (possible spoilers for future episodes) https://tvline.com/2021/10/11/the-neighborhood-miscarriage-explained-gemma-dave-losing-baby-season-4/

DeLoatch talked to TVLine in a September 19 article on her approach as new showrunner https://tvline.com/2021/09/19/the-neighborhood-season-4-premiere-meg-deloatch-new-showrunner-preview/

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Thanks for posting those articles! I like that we will

Spoiler

See Dave at work.

About time!

I liked this part of the miscarriage interview, about Gemma's actress on displaying vulnerability on screen:

TVLINE | Knowing that this was a deeply personal episode for Meg, did you find yourself turning to her more to talk through certain scenes?
BEHRS | Absolutely. But from the table draft on, her writing was so raw, honest and gripping that my job as an actress was easy. When the writing cuts straight to your guts, like this episode does, the actor has no problem getting there emotionally. I felt honored that Meg trusted me enough as an actress to deliver something this emotionally raw… I also felt a responsibility to all the women and men who suffer and are still suffering from this immense grief, to go to that deeply vulnerable place within myself and let it be seen fully on screen.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DanaK said:

The executive producer/showrunner Meg DeLoatch and Beth Behrs discuss the miscarriage storyline with TVLine (possible spoilers for future episodes) https://tvline.com/2021/10/11/the-neighborhood-miscarriage-explained-gemma-dave-losing-baby-season-4/

DeLoatch talked to TVLine in a September 19 article on her approach as new showrunner https://tvline.com/2021/09/19/the-neighborhood-season-4-premiere-meg-deloatch-new-showrunner-preview/

I am astonished to find out this is the 2nd highest rated sitcom on tv, 2nd only to Young Sheldon. I had no idea.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

tracy-morgan-the-neighborhood.jpg?w=620&
Tracy Morgan has been casted to play Curtis Butler, the “frenetic younger brother” who possesses “a deep love” of spending his fortune, which includes “showering people with hugely expensive gifts and experiences.” Calvin resents Curtis’ relationship with their mother, who began favoring her younger son after he won the lottery. 

I believe this is the information for the episode that Tracy Morgan will appear in.
The Neighborhood           S04.E17: Welcome to Bro Money, Bro Problems
Monday, March 28, 2022 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS 

11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Ugh. I don't get why Tracy Morgan is getting so much work.

Cedric the Entertainer was a regular on the first and maybe the second season of Tracy Morgan's show "The Last O.G.". Cedric is probably returning the favor, or maybe they actually like each other. Anyway, Tracy Morgan's comedy does not resonate with me.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, AnimeMania said:

Cedric the Entertainer was a regular on the first and maybe the second season of Tracy Morgan's show "The Last O.G.". Cedric is probably returning the favor, or maybe they actually like each other. Anyway, Tracy Morgan's comedy does not resonate with me.

He uttered one of my favorite lines ever on The Last OG, about seals looking delicious. It was all in the timing.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, AnimeMania said:

Calvin and Tina will be on Bob Hearts Abishola.

Huh. I watch both shows. Are Calvin & Tina from Detroit originally? That’s where Bob Hearts Abishola is set.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

The article says she will continue with her development deal so I guess they still like her. Is it usual for shows to change showrunners so often, like this? She was only there one year.

No, when she got there she fired all of the writers except for one.

It surprises me, because usually that kind of churn happens when the ratings are bad, and this show seems to be doing okay in that department. 

The other time it happens is when there is serious misbehavior that needs purging.

So... I don't know what is going on, but it doesn't seem like a good thing.

• Love 2