Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Genesis 1

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

In the premiere, forensic psychologist Kristen Bouchard is hired by the Catholic Church to work with David Acosta, a priest-in-training, and contractor Ben Shakir, to determine whether a serial killer is possessed by a demon or merely a psychopath. Kristen finds that she has a taste for the work and is invited to join the team on a permanent basis.

Airing Thursday, September 26, 2019 on CBS.

This is really creepy.  I'm going to have problems sleeping tonight.  I'm glad I have a security system and a really big dog!  Not to mention a rosary and a bottle of holy water.  This reminds me of early X-Files were I was scared out of my wits watching every episode.  I'm kind of reluctant to get invested in this show because I'm letting myself in for a weekly nightmare.

I like both the characters and the actors.  The leads have great chemistry.  I'm hoping the fact that David is a priest in training means we don't have to worry about the show dangling 'will they or won't they' romance all the time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I enjoyed it… A little cooky… Odd energy… Some weird camera choices… I laughed my head off at one of her daughters casually saying her teacher punched her in the face… And a different one said with perfect deadpan delivery ” that didn’t happen”.. And yeah poor Katja Herbers’ show husband… Cuz your lady out here swoonin for some Hot Priest.. Looking fwd to next week

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

letter-d.jpg

I suppose it fits, because this is about demons after all.

...and I think there is a lot that can be said about the issues with the show's premise. Usually a show that examines the supernatural makes a decision one way or the other- either it explores the supernatural or it debunks it- but this show seems to want to meet both halfway. Sometimes the explanation will be supernatural. Sometimes, science will explain it.

Sounds inoffensive enough...but I'm sure there will be a crowd who will insist this show is "trying to force religion into science" just for the very idea that it could suggest that "the supernatural is real" (much like the creationism and intelligent design debates).

It's times like these where I'd wish shows would stick to one side or the other- supernatural ideas are already intriguing enough, I don't need an underhanded political message to ruin that.

Not that I think it really matters. Politics or not, this episode was dull. Real dull. Too much talking...too much posturing. Too much reliance on "shock value" scares (albeit the effects were really good).

...and not enough action or substance. It's a bad sign when the time on the clock reads "10:55" and you're still waiting for the show to pick up.

That said, there are some fine actors in this show- Michael Colter and Katja Herbers shone tonight, as did Michael Emerson in a limited role. The special effects were also dead on- that's one creepy night terror, I gotta say.

Still...if this show wants to scare me in my sleep, they shouldn't put me to sleep.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

I actually liked this quite a bit.  Not sure far it will get with the typical CBS procedural audience.

I really think the Kings can do no wrong.   I was a huge fan of The Good Wife, and I think I was one of about three people who absolutely loved Brain Dead.   Good to see them using a lot of TGW performers - Colter and Lahti tonight.  Hopefully, others in the future.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I liked it, I liked the creepy-ness of it all. Michael Emerson is on point as always and I can already see the chemistry between the two leads. Looking forward to next episode.

1 hour ago, Frost said:

This is really creepy.  I'm going to have problems sleeping tonight.  I'm glad I have a security system and a really big dog!  Not to mention a rosary and a bottle of holy water.  This reminds me of early X-Files were I was scared out of my wits watching every episode.  I'm kind of reluctant to get invested in this show because I'm letting myself in for a weekly nightmare.

I like both the characters and the actors.  The leads have great chemistry.  I'm hoping the fact that David is a priest in training means we don't have to worry about the show dangling 'will they or won't they' romance all the time.

They will definitely do the 'will they won't they' thing. That was the whole purpose of acknowledging her attraction to him. But I think they will handle it gracefully.

• Love 12

This show is extremely weird, I have no understanding of how people like this can exist in the real world. Are there really people who have crippling college debt, yet spend their whole life traveling from country to country climbing mountains? Take all that money you are spending on that fancy psychiatrist and pay your bills. When I saw all those kids, I thought she might be running an orphanage. She lives in a giant house and has another smaller house, yet her 4 kids all sleep in one room and that room looks like a pig sty. The only thing she has in her refrigerator is small cans of Margaritas, someone call Child Protective Services. Her husband lives in another country and refuses to come home and help her raise the kids. I say the lady is about 2 episodes way from having a 3-way with a priest and Aasif Mandvi, that is if her mother doesn't beat her to it, mom seems "hot to trot". How are they supposed to investigate evil and the supernatural when the lady can't leave due to all those kids. Is every miracle going to happen locally? So Michael Emerson is a semi-supernatural entity?

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Every cast member is a total yawn—except Emerson, of course. 🙂 I'll probably give it a few more tries unless I'm watching football and forget to change over.

eta: Oh, and I liked George. :)

Edited by janeta
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Yes, I know I can go to IMDB to get the actresses’ age, but my question is of the character: How can she be old enough to have four kids and still had time to do everything else she’s done (climb mountains, for instance. You don’t do that on a whim.)

Plus, if you wanted to give the character “home” issues, can’t you do that with giving her one or two kids? Why four? Is that a magic number?

Christine Laihti (who I like, like, like) must have gone to the Allison Janey School on How To Be a 21st Century TV Mother.

• Love 11

I really liked this but agree with @AnimeMania that the set-up is odd. Why make Kristen married with four kids in the first place? Her husband is out of the country and this isn't a show about parenting. Pretty sure her mother is going to conveniently be available to watch the kids every episode while Kristen toddles off to investigate supernatural goings-on.

I haven't seen Katja Herbers in anything before but really enjoyed her understated and naturalistic acting style. I was surprised to learn that she's Dutch because her English sounds completely unaccented to me.

This and Emergence are my favorite new series so far; fingers crossed for a bit of longevity.

• Love 11

I really liked this! I'm hopeful it will continue to be good. I kind of like that she has four kids; shows generally only ever show one or two, plus it's a nice bit of life affirmation given the grim nature of the work.

I only know Michael Emerson from Person of Interest, so it was fun to see him play someone so obviously evil.

In our world, most cases that are thought to be demonic possession are explained by natural phenomena, with a few unexplained cases attributed to actual demons by believers; that's why the Catholic Church rules out any psychiatric or natural explanation before sending in an exorcist. So I don't have a problem with the show's apparent decision to have some things explained by science/human behavior while still suggesting demons might be real.

• Love 11

I really want to like this.   The weird thing is I am not completely sure I don’t.   Maybe the pilot was just a mess and watching a bunch of comedies before this did it no favors.    I like them in characters.   I found that I really like that the skeptic Dana Scully (I know that’s not her name but I can’t remember her name and I am to lazy to look it damn it) is married with a butt load of children.   She isn’t this woman who lives for her work and has no life outside her work.  Which is how most writers write women in these kinds of rolls.

So I will at least give the show a couple episodes to impress me. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I wanted to like this more than I did.  I wanted to be scared or at least creeped out but I thought the show was pretty tame on the spook factor so that was a disappointment.  The actors are all fine and the premise is promising though, as @AnimeMania pointed out, the execution of some things just don't make any damn sense.  The pilot didn't wow me or even slightly impress me but I'm willing to give it a few episodes to see how the show settles into itself.  But please, for the fear of George, I hope the show doesn't go there with the two leads.  Men and women can actually work together and just be coworkers and friends. It happens all the time just not, apparently, on tv. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

I have to say, I really liked this. I like the premise of making an effort to distinguish posession from a medical/psychiatric issue. Not much is black and white so I am sure the lines will be blurred and theories will shift from one way to another.

Great special effects with that night terror - holy moly that was the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time. 

Looking forward to next week's episode. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I actually liked this quite a bit.  Not sure far it will get with the typical CBS procedural audience.

I really think the Kings can do no wrong.   I was a huge fan of The Good Wife, and I think I was one of about three people who absolutely loved Brain Dead.   Good to see them using a lot of TGW performers - Colter and Lahti tonight.  Hopefully, others in the future.

I haven't watched Evil yet, saving it for tonight, hope it doesn't scare me too badly. But count me in as one of the three people who LOVED BrainDead. What a perfect show that was.  If this has some of that timing and writing, I'm here for it!  

• Love 6

I like the 3 members of the "team" and I like Michael Emerson from "Lost", but I really didn't enjoy the show at all.  It was unsettling and kind of mean-spirited, but I can't really put my finger on why I feel that way.  It's a well-made show (from the "Good Wife" team), but it just kind of creeped me out in an unpleasant way.  I was glad when it was over.  😞

• Love 1

I'm not really sure what to make of this show. I love any kind of supernatural type show, so I was thrilled when seeing the previews - but then at the end he wasn't possessed? Is it just going to be a fanciful Criminal Minds? I don't want to just watch what would basically be a detective show. 

And are we to believe that George really was a dream, or do demons really exist in this world?

I just don't know...I'll give it a few more tries, I think. I generally liked all the actors.

The main character does live in a strange place - it seemed like a really nice house for being right below a subway track - and she only has one room for 4 girls? 

I hope it's just a case of being a pilot episode. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

I must really be jaded because I didn't find anything about this creepy or even remotely scary, especially once George started talking.  At that point I found what's-her-name's night terror almost comical. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I loved the pilot-thought the lead actress had a younger Sally Field-type appeal, very likeable and believable. I agree that the '4 kids all in one bedroom' and 'fridge full of canned margaritas' were needle scratches. Quirky background stories need to actually make some sense.

I really, really liked the big spooky mystery being resolved as some mechanical issues (clogged dishwasher hose causing weird noises) plus a freak trying to help a mass murderer escape justice by manufacturing a demonic possession/ insanity defense. The real mystery is going to be why the Mr. Townsend character is doing what he's doing. 

Did anyone understand the explanation for Kristen putting the 'can you read this?' sign on the ceiling? Was she saying that there was research that said dreamers can't read text during nightmares? Huh? Because I swear I have.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Did anyone understand the explanation for Kristen putting the 'can you read this?' sign on the ceiling? Was she saying that there was research that said dreamers can't read text during nightmares? Huh? Because I swear I have.

Exactly; something about Broca's area being dormant during sleep, so if you dream of text, you can't read it.  Putting the thing on the ceiling and her not being able to read it told her she was actually sleeping, not having a night terror (having her eyes open, I guess).

Edited by janeta
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I loved it. It wasn't paced as tightly as, say, Prodigal Son, so I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but I absolutely loved it.

Disclaimer: I could watch Mike Coulter read the phone book. He is distractingly handsome. Like I-can't-stop-staring-when-he's-on-the-screen handsome.

I think the premise is wonderful. It's X-Files based in the Catholic Church rather than the FBI. I'm totally okay with that. I think they did a great job in their investigating, and I love that they will be debunking along the way.

I'm in. Totally.

21 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Are there really people who have crippling college debt, yet spend their whole life traveling from country to country climbing mountains?

I don't for one minute believe that her debt is student debt. I bet medical debt -- and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the husband isn't actually taking people up Everest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

I am not into gory things...and I like a bit of philosophy/moral compass with religion vs. science...I mainly watched for Michael Emerson. I knew him from Lost and Person of Interest..and when there wasn't enough of him, I turned it off.. I am intrigued by the Kings being the creators/writers though as it won't just be a pulpy version of X-Files but there's still enough evil in the world that I don't want to escape into more of it, if that makes sense.

• Love 1

I was only half paying attention, but was Kristen looking at scars on her wrists during her therapy session

I think it was bruises from where the guy in the interrogation room had grabbed her.

I could swear I have, too. In fact, I'd almost put money on it. Does that mean we have superhuman powers? 😉 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, rainsmom said:

I don't for one minute believe that her debt is student debt. I bet medical debt -- and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the husband isn't actually taking people up Everest.

She said she was paying off her student loans, though.  Are you saying she was lying when she said that multiple times?  I mean, just having regular debt would be a good enough reasons, too.  No reason to lie about what kind of debt.  If she went to an Ivy League school I could see her still paying that off since she has four kids, a house, etc.  She probably only paid minimum payments.  

There's something about the actress I don't like.  Also, I could tell she wasn't an American and was putting on an accent.  Not because I could hear the accent, but just something totally clued me in, so maybe the way she moves her mouth?  Not really sure, but I pegged it as soon as she talked. 

There's no way they aren't going to do will they/won't they but I think they'll stick on the side of "won't".  Not sure if I'll stick around to see, though. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I kinda liked it and I'm going to give it a chance for now as long as they don't try to go romantic with the leads. You sir and madam are no Mulder & Scully and apart from those two, getting the leads together just gets on my nerves.

Good job getting Michael Emerson for the creeper. Nobody does it better than him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Shenanigan said:

I was only half paying attention, but was Kristen looking at scars on her wrists during her therapy session

I think it was bruises from where the guy in the interrogation room had grabbed her.

Thanks!

When I first saw the trailer, it took me a minute to realize the lead actress wasn't Carey Mulligan.

I had high expectations after reading reviews earlier this week praising the pilot, particularly for how scary it was. I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped to, but like the concept, some of the actors (especially Mandvi and Emerson), and the Kings' previous shows enough to give it more time.

• Love 1

I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would, but I didn't dislike it, either. Will definitely give it at least a few more episodes. There were definite The Good Wife vibes with the court scenes and some of the fast dialogue (not to mention the music), as well as Braindead (which I still mourn...) vibes with the zaniness, particularly George. 

I adore Michael Emerson, but his character wasn't doing it for me here, though admittedly we didn't see much of him. I found Acosta kind of bland, but I liked Kristen.

10 hours ago, 2727 said:

Why make Kristen married with four kids in the first place?

9 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I found that I really like that the skeptic Dana Scully (I know that’s not her name but I can’t remember her name and I am to lazy to look it damn it) is married with a butt load of children.  

I did think the four kids added an interesting dynamic, but I definitely thought it was odd that she had so many, considering her previous adventuresome lifestyle and the (apparently spot-on) comment from Michael Emerson's character in the end that she secretly resented them. I mean, I can definitely see her having kids just because that's an expectation for many people, but to keep having them... really? It would have worked just as well (and been more realistic) with three kids, and the youngest two being twins. (Which might be the case now, but I don't think so? Some of them looked fairly close in age, but none of them were that close in size, and twins weren't mentioned. Then again, we barely got the kids' names, so maybe we'll learn more next week...) I did briefly wonder if her lapsed Catholicism was a fairly recent thing, and before that she wasn't using birth control, but that seems pretty extreme.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, janeta said:

Exactly; something about Broca's area being dormant during sleep, so if you dream of text, you can't read it.  Putting the thing on the ceiling and her not being able to read it told her she was actually sleeping, not having a night terror (having her eyes open, I guess).

I wouldn't be able to read it anyway. It's dark. Plus I wear glasses.  Actually, I would know that I was dreaming if I could read a sign up on the ceiling in a dark room without my glasses on.  

I think I liked it.  It was creepy.  I liked the actors. I didn't mind the kids. I am confused by the hubby situation.  I'm sure we'll get more info in future epis.  

21 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The only thing she has in her refrigerator is small cans of Margaritas, someone call Child Protective Services.

That wasn't her main refrigerator.  That was her mini fridge in the garage.  the fridge in her house also had eggs in the door. couldn't see the rest of it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, beadgirl said:

In our world, most cases that are thought to be demonic possession are explained by natural phenomena, with a few unexplained cases attributed to actual demons by believers; that's why the Catholic Church rules out any psychiatric or natural explanation before sending in an exorcist. So I don't have a problem with the show's apparent decision to have some things explained by science/human behavior while still suggesting demons might be real.

I did a research paper on "the creationism debate" for a science class in university and I remember reading extensively about the political debates concerning the topic, which later mirrored the debate surrounding intelligent design. One common thread was that the detractors believed the push to teach creationism in science class was an underhanded way to "force" religion onto the students, a criticism that I don't entirely believe is unfair.

I certainly think, at the very least, Evil walks a very fine line. Eventually there is going to be an episode or an arc where either the pastor or the psychologist (or even both) question their core beliefs, where the show is going to ask the very difficult question- "is God real?"

That's a veritable landmine waiting to go off. How it handles it will basically determine the future of the show- answer that question in the wrong way and you will alienate a lot of viewers.

To wit:

• If the show decides that there are supernatural reasons for things, it basically tells atheists that "they've got it wrong" and risks casting them as "the lesser" because they "do not believe".
  • If the show decides that there is always a natural, scientific reason for things, then it risks telling its religious audience that they're "delusional" for believing in the supernatural.

So I wished the show established right off the bat whether or not the supernatural exists in this universe, just so that it doesn't risk alienating viewers in the future. I don't necessarily believe it would be a bad premise to have a show where, in universe, there really are demons and spirits and miracles and other things like that, and there's an investigative team that seeks to determine if those incidents were really supernatural incidents or there is some other explanation. You'd probably still have some atheists in a tizzy about that kind of show, but I don't think that kind of backlash would be too detrimental to the show's eventual audience.

Same thing with the other kind of show- one where the supernatural doesn't exist. That kind of show could at least "hint" of God's existence so that it doesn't risk turning off religious viewers. This could even be the ultimate fate of Evil, where the psychologist may "prove" supernatural reasons don't exist but the pastor gets her to see God's existence in other ways.

At the end of the day, though, Evil has a tricky question to answer. I just hope the creator of the show already has that answer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, rove4 said:

I must really be jaded because I didn't find anything about this creepy or even remotely scary, especially once George started talking.  At that point I found what's-her-name's night terror almost comical. 

Same. George had a real Freddy Kreuger style to him-like, latter day Nightmare Kreuger, rattling off goofy one-liners. The CW's "Two Sentence Horror Stories" that aired this past summer creeped me out way more than this did. 

That said, the moment when he popped up from the end of the bed was genuinely freaky. And I liked the tension with Kristen hearing the weird noise in her house, or lying in her bed nervously awaiting something popping up. Despite the fact that I didn't find this episode very creepy, though, the whole thing did fee to me like it was filmed in the style of an old-school horror film. It came off very much like The Omen in some ways (which makes sense, given all the talk of demons and possession and such). That movie's genuinely scary moments were few and far between, yet very effective when they happened. I'm willing to see if the creepy factor changes with time, though.

3 hours ago, festivus said:

Good job getting Michael Emerson for the creeper. Nobody does it better than him.

I liked his character, too. I thought he was way more unsettling than George, and I liked how gleeful he was in taunting Kristen and David. He'll make an interesting foe, I think. 

I liked the cast in general-I think they're the strongest part of the show. I liked the "X-Files" style interaction between Kristen and David, and I really like Mandvi's character in particular. Also, that killer that they were interrogating would've made for a perfect unsub for the BAU to deal with on "Criminal Minds". 

As for the kids, I think they're cute, but I do feel four is...a lot to deal with on a show like this? I'm not sure how they'll manage to juggle that with everything else going on. You just know, however, that eventually at least one of the children is going to be possessed or dealing with some other supernatural entity. 

So yeah. I'll be keeping an eye on this show for at least a little while, see where it goes. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

If the show decides that there are supernatural reasons for things, it basically tells atheists that "they've got it wrong" and risks casting them as "the lesser" because they "do not believe".

To me there is no clear definition of what the supernatural means. If someone found a Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, etc. I don't think that would make me believe there was a God. What exactly is a miracle, and would everybody recognize it if they saw it or even worst had somebody describe it to them. Even if we discovered something that we might all agree was a demon, would that prove that Heaven and Hell or God and the Devil exists?

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

That wasn't her main refrigerator.  That was her mini fridge in the garage.  the fridge in her house also had eggs in the door. couldn't see the rest of it.

I did a quick looksee. That was her main fridge and there were some eggs in there. They were the biggest chicken eggs I have ever seen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

If someone found a Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, etc. I don't think that would make me believe there was a God. What exactly is a miracle, and would everybody recognize it if they saw it or even worst had somebody describe it to them. Even if we discovered something that we might all agree was a demon, would that prove that Heaven and Hell or God and the Devil exists?

The fact that one of the main characters is a Christian priest-to-be (and one who investigates exorcisms) leads me to believe that there definitely is a religious component to this show. The priest and the psychologist even had a conversation where the priest asked her, "do you believe"?

Furthermore, the Church couldn't do its exorcisms if the demons they talk about don't exist. It definitely can be spun to say, "if there's nothing for God's power to overcome, is there a need for God?"

So I do think somewhere down the line the show is going to be confronted with the difficult question of "does God exist?" It's inevitable, I think.

51 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

As for the kids, I think they're cute, but I do feel four is...a lot to deal with on a show like this?

I have a feeling that since in Oriental cultures "four" is seen as a symbol for "death" that the psychologist having four kids is an allegory to that. I doubt we'd see them in every episode, anyway.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I have a feeling that since in Oriental cultures "four" is seen as a symbol for "death" that the psychologist having four kids is an allegory to that. 

Did not know that. Interesting aspect, then, if true. 

• Love 1

That is fascinating. Especially since it applies to any mention of the word four. That's gotta make things very difficult for those who go to such lengths to avoid the mere mention of that word. At least with the superstition around the number 13, it sticks solely to that number. 

Very intriguing, indeed. Now I really want to see that concept explored on this show. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Same. George had a real Freddy Kreuger style to him-like, latter day Nightmare Kreuger, rattling off goofy one-liners. The CW's "Two Sentence Horror Stories" that aired this past summer creeped me out way more than this did. 

Generally I liked this pilot, especially the cast, and the appearence of George was genuinely scary to me, but the moment he opened his mouth I almost started laughing. He was totally unlike any conception I might have had of a demon. Almost took me out of the show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Furthermore, the Church couldn't do its exorcisms if the demons they talk about don't exist. It definitely can be spun to say, "if there's nothing for God's power to overcome, is there a need for God?"

If your problems are all in your head and the solution to those problems are also all in your head, then there is a possibility they can cancel each other out. 

2 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I have a feeling that since in Oriental cultures "four" is seen as a symbol for "death" that the psychologist having four kids is an allegory to that. I doubt we'd see them in every episode, anyway.

Many American cartoon characters old and new have 4 fingers on each hand which kind of eeks Asians out. Asian cartoons tend to make sure they have 5 fingers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

George was the best part of the show.  I thought he was hilarious and looked like a demon on Angel, including the CW budget effects.  A show based on his exploits would be great. 

What we got, on the other hand, is just kind of a mess.  If the premise is supposed to be grounded in the real world, Michael Emerson's character should have been arrested for stealing the doctor's files (the secretary could ID him), and possibly conspiracy or accessory to murder, since he contacted the murder before the crimes.  Maybe it wouldn't be legally sufficient to convict him as an accessory to the murders, but he definitely should have been hauled in by the  cops & the DA and questioned.  The breaking in to the records and theft charges should be pretty clear cut and provable.

And, as others have mentioned, that house the psychologist & her kids are living in is huge--we saw the long hallway behind her when she went to check on the 4 kids sleeping.  Why are they all in one room?  Also, when Preist guy showed up late at night, how was she not freaked out at the late hour of the visit?  And, if she's strapped for cash, why the hell does she still even have a land line in the house?  Finally, why do dudes on TV seemed to be all of a sudden wearing turtlenecks AND scarves at the same time?  It's too much! LOL

• Sad 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

And, if she's strapped for cash, why the hell does she still even have a land line in the house? 

It would be cheaper than buying each of her kids a cellphone. You can get the land line bundled with your internet and cable pretty cheaply. P.S., unplugging the phone without telling the other people in the house is a bad move.

I still think hiring a cheaper psychiatrist and buying her Margaritas in large volume containers would alleviate her money problems. Oh, and turn off a few lights every now and then.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I still think hiring a cheaper psychiatrist and buying her Margaritas in large volume containers would alleviate her money problems.

How do you know he isn't covered by insurance? I don't know anyone who pays for their therapy anymore.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I still think hiring a cheaper psychiatrist and buying her Margaritas in large volume containers would alleviate her money problems. Oh, and turn off a few lights every now and then.

I learned on The Sopranos that psychiatrists are required to see psychiatrists.  If that's true, then maybe they get a special rate. 

I liked this.  George was a surprise, but maybe his frat boy behavior was a reflection of Kristen's non-believer attitude.  She sees him as imaginary, silly even, so she isn't going to give him a Biblical name, like Gabriel or Lucifer, or have him speak in Biblical pronouncements.

This is off the DVR so I can't check, but that first night George showed up, I remember Kristen looking at the window from her bed, and I could swear the window was closed.  I remember this because it bugged me that she hadn't drawn the curtains.  If her bedroom is on the first floor, anyone could peep in.  But when she saw the puddle, the window was open. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I learned on The Sopranos that psychiatrists are required to see psychiatrists.  If that's true, then maybe they get a special rate. 

Or they may have a circle.  A goes to B, B goes to C, C goes to D, D goes to E, and E goes to A.  It's all free because it would come out as a wash in the end.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

This is off the DVR so I can't check, but that first night George showed up, I remember Kristen looking at the window from her bed, and I could swear the window was closed.

It was. I guess that was part of her dream? We're never exactly sure when she's dreaming and when she isn't in those sequences.

• Love 2