Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E35: Live Eviction #12

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

Yay ! Maybe it will prove to be a dumb move, but as I've posted before, I can't tolerate Tommy at all, so I'm happy they decided to give him the boot. 

Hey, they had a Final Four deal ! You can't go back on that, right ??? It's ironclad !

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Nicole should have stayed firm. She made a huge mistake voting out Tommy. 

No way. Anyone sitting next to Tommy on finale night would have been toast. I don't like him one bit but I think the people on that jury do and that was valid that Christie with her guaranteed vote would rally any holdouts.

I do have to say its infuriating having to say "well played Jackson". He's still the same vile person that was targeting the minorities along with Jack  at the start of the season but the fact is he's got game. As a human being he's not worthy of anything but as a BIG BROTHER player  a win would be justified.

Cliff looking like he was on death row before he had to vote made me certain he was going to send Holly out and look like a word breaking hypocrite so color me surprised when he voted for Tommy.

If Holly knows what's good for her she will NEVER let go of that rope.

And c'mon Tommy...Julie wanted you to say what you really meant..."I could beat Nicole" but he wouldn't. Amazing how he can turn on and off his phony persona like a switch.

• Love 9

Bad game move. They should have broken up the couple, ugh!!

Though no matter who is HOH, it really just comes down to the veto this week. 

Oh Tommy. 😕 “I love my Pretty Woman family for giving me the time off to do this.” Guess no one told you your show closed a month ago. *sad trombone noise*

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Julie, we know that Jackson is Michie, you didn't need to clarify that when Tommy said it.  They know they've dumbed the show down enough that they expect only the morons will still be watching it.  But it's just us smart masochists who like a little torture 3 nights a week.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I think the walls in the BB house must be made of paper this year.  I don't ever remember so much eavesdropping before.

I thought Tommy came across very well in his exit interview.  He seemed very self-aware when it came to his mistakes in the house and he is clearly a huge fan of the game.  Also, he's not a Bitter Betty and can actually respect good game play so that already makes me like him better than 99% of all other evicted houseguests.

Still, what a crappy final four in terms of who to root for.  I think Jackson has played the best game out of everybody who is left but that doesn't mean I want that douchenozzle to win.  Cliff has also played a good strategic (although boring) game.  Although Nicole has starting winning some comps in the final 2 weeks, she basically did nothing all season except ride Cliff's coat tails. He was the one out there wheeling and dealing, always including Nicole in his deals.  Which is why I have no problem whatsoever with him sort of throwing her under the bus in his conversation with Jackson.  It was pure strategy and he's carried Nicole all season, there's no crime in him playing for himself now that it's down to crunch time.

• Love 6

I laughed when Jackson said that because they had the nerve to consider their options, whether they voted out Holly or Tommy he was gunning for Cliff and Nicole. Scary threat when you're down to 4 people in the house and one of them is you. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Hey - Jackson and Cliff were playing CHESS, not checkers!

Actually, they were playing backgammon..... 😁

17 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I laughed when Jackson said that because they had the nerve to consider their options, whether they voted out Holly or Tommy he was gunning for Cliff and Nicole. Scary threat when you're down to 4 people in the house and one of them is you. 😁

Yeah, big woof.  All deals expired when they reached F4 anyway.  😛

• Love 1

Has the "one last chance to sway the votes" ever worked? Meaning the houseguests went into the elimination ceremony thinking they're voting for one nominee and then after hearing the speeches decided to vote for the other nominee?? 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Has the "one last chance to sway the votes" ever worked? Meaning the houseguests went into the elimination ceremony thinking they're voting for one nominee and then after hearing the speeches decided to vote for the other nominee?? 

Not for quite some time.  Maybe in the early seasons, but these days, by elimination night, everyone knows who they're voting for. The latest trend is "I didn't want to vote against the house and get a target on my back".

• Love 2

As soon as Nicole saw that Cliff wasn't 100% on getting out Holly, she should have taken Tommy off the block and then Tommy & Nicole could have sent Holly out.  I used to like Cliff but I don't like that he threw Nicole under the bus.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

That one clip of the big blow up was brutal.  I don't know if I'll be able to watch the full scene when they show it on the next episode.

I didn't see the very end of the episode where they were all swinging on their disks, but the first clip, it looked like Nicole had the most secure grip on her rope.  She was standing full up straight with not only a secure hand grip, but a full arm wrap around her rope.  Holly only had the arm wrap, and Cliff only had the grip.

52 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

The Jackson part of Holly's speech almost made me die of 2nd hand embarrassment. Oof. 

And she followed that up by saying to Cliff, Nicole and Tommy "I love you all but especially you Tommy..." LOL.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

The Jackson part of Holly's speech almost made me die of 2nd hand embarrassment. Oof. 

Yes! You could see the stars in her eyes. Which would have been adorable if theirs was a love story for the ages. Unfortunately most viewers know it's barely a love story for the next 2 weeks. After the inevitable speedy dumping by Jackson, she's going to HATE rewatching that scene. (And the part about hoping her family was proud of her, after she discovers that her shenanigans with Jackson were captured on the live feeds. Enjoy, family!) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HighMaintenance said:

Not for quite some time.  Maybe in the early seasons, but these days, by elimination night, everyone knows who they're voting for. The latest trend is "I didn't want to vote against the house and get a target on my back".

I hate that so much!  At some point over the years, it switched from "Which nominee do I want to evict?" to "The HOH is all powerful and I must evict whoever they tell me to!" I'm not sure which season started that crap but it's never been the same.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I hate that so much!  At some point over the years, it switched from "Which nominee do I want to evict?" to "The HOH is all powerful and I must evict whoever they tell me to!" I'm not sure which season started that crap but it's never been the same.

Blame BB15’s Amanda Zuckerman; IIRC she was the first to formally organize and push the whole “vote with the House” strategy (aka “her agenda”), including direct attacks upon those who didn’t toe the motherZucker’s party line.  

Others had done similar in previous seasons, but only in limited fits and starts like once or twice a season.  The ZuckYouBitch was the one who made “voting with the House” a taken-for-granted assembly line process, with swift retribution against transgressors.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

That one clip of the big blow up was brutal.  I don't know if I'll be able to watch the full scene when they show it on the next episode.

I'll be able to, with a big bowl of popcorn*

It must've been something, for them to put it off till next week. Either that or they think they have a Big Dramatic Scene to tease us with.

*That's a lie. I don't eat popcorn. Ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

with swift retribution against transgressors.

Since it is a secret vote, how would the Big Kahuna know who didn't fall in line with their vote?

Because there will be beatings until the culprit(s) come forth!  Well, maybe not beatings, but Amanda could make the house pretty unlivable in when she was on a rampage.  Remember Paul's "shunnings" of the hamster selected to be on the outs?  That never bothered Cody, but when Kevin was the chosen one, he was despondent.  And don't forget the banging of the pots and pans!

And figuring out who the stray votes were would be pretty easy.  The house usually splits into two: one popular athletes and mean girls alliance, and then the others who do not form a strong opposing alliance.  The stray votes always come from the other side, and they usually get sussed out pretty quickly as the accusations and finger pointing begin right after the vote is announced.

Sometimes a rebel from the alliance votes the other way just for shits and grins, and watches as someone from the other side is excoriated due to their mischief.  This is pretty much happened to Nicole when she was accused of casting the hinky vote.  Who did cast the hinky vote?  Was that Jackson?

Edited by HurricaneVal
Forgot about the pots and pans.
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Since it is a secret vote, how would the Big Kahuna know who didn't fall in line with their vote?

Because in BB15’s early days there were a few HGs who didn’t kowtow to Zuckerman’s browbeating, and were pretty open about it - at least, until Amanda started choreographing the persecutions of those she saw as opposition.  The Great Big Zuck liked to make “examples” of them, whether they had done anything or not.  Most HGs got afraid to cross ZuckU to any degree - and the ones who didn’t (LOVE YA ELISSA!!!) got drug to Hell and back.

• Useful 1

Did it seem to anyone else that Julie liked Tommy just a little bit more than she's liked any other HG? I mean, she greeted him by grabbing his face and kissing it. She does a professional, if not polite, handshake with everyone else.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Did it seem to anyone else that Julie liked Tommy just a little bit more than she's liked any other HG? I mean, she greeted him by grabbing his face and kissing it. She does a professional, if not polite, handshake with everyone else

I noticed that! She acted like she thought he was adorable. Actually I thought she looked amazing. I find her to be way more involved and present this season. She even teases the hamsters, like pretending to cut Holly off. Maybe with less on her plate job-wise, she's putting more effort into her BB hosting, which she's definitely not phoning in right now. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Actually, they were playing backgammon..... 😁

At one point they were, but at this point they really were playing chess because Cliff said "checkmate" and being tired out from throwing Nicole under the bus he mentioned he was heading for bed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Did it seem to anyone else that Julie liked Tommy just a little bit more than she's liked any other HG? I mean, she greeted him by grabbing his face and kissing it. 

I saw that a little differently. Tommy was visibly crying, with tears streaming down his cheeks during the eviction moments before. Julie had clearly been watching the house meeting fight (which she said as much during the live show), so she knew how upset he was. I think she felt sorry for him. To me, if Tommy had been evicted on a "normal" night, she wouldn't have acted that way.

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice when Tommy was evicted and on his way to the front door...hugging and "I love you-ing" in his usual fashion, the sound guys must have turned off his mic or edited out parts of what he was saying to people. I noticed they did this during Christie's exit as well.

I wonder what was being edited out? Or is it my hearing? 🤔😋

ps- I don't think it's a broadcast thing but maybe? I usually dvr the eastern Canada NTV station. Just me?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

At one point they were, but at this point they really were playing chess because Cliff said "checkmate" and being tired out from throwing Nicole under the bus he mentioned he was heading for bed.

Thank you. I saw them playing chess, and was confused about being corrected. I was going to go back and re-watch to see if I was wrong, but decided it wasn't worth it.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Thank you. I saw them playing chess, and was confused about being corrected. I was going to go back and re-watch to see if I was wrong, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Aw c’mon y’all - I wasn’t SERIOUS; my backgammon comment was just me making fun of Jackson and his constant chess-not-checkers sound bites.  And I put in the smiley faces and everything.  😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Did anyone else notice when Tommy was evicted and on his way to the front door...hugging and "I love you-ing" in his usual fashion, the sound guys must have turned off his mic or edited out parts of what he was saying to people. I noticed they did this during Christie's exit as well.

They do that all the time. I'm guessing there's a five second delay so they can mute the swearing. Probably stuff like "I fuckin' love you man." That type of stuff. 

Thanks @Melina22, @iMonrey and @HighMaintenance. I guess they don't tell the HGs not to swear on live episodes? I curse like a sailor myself sometimes, so not judging...but I'd like to think I can follow instructions (except Ikea) lol.
I just wasn't sure if I was missing good intel...😁

• LOL 1