Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh my gosh! That's it! Thanks for finding it.

Can't believe she buys in to all these awful looks.

I know, I don't know what happened to her.  I saw an older pic of her and she was so cute.  And not because she was thinner, but because her whole look was simple and cute, and not these overdone strange outfits that she wears.  I miss the old Kelly, and tend to avoid her much more now.  

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, alexa said:

You mean this lovely number, lol?  Yeah, not great.  And one of the top comments is to fire her stylist with several people agreeing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqtjxsJlAJ/

😂 Maybe Kelly didn't look at herself in that full length mirror that is right next to her! Hopefully the "dress" was made out of recyclable material so something good might come of it.

• Love 1

Kelly changed after getting married and having kids. I hope she's happy with the sometimes over the top persona she presents now. I'm glad she's still making it in the biz but not really fond of her like I used to be. I've wondered at times if she was always like this and was suppressing her true personality or if the way she acts now is some front she feels like she has to present to the public to stay popular. Something about her has seemed off to me for quite awhile. Is it just me who's thought some of these things?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Is it just me who's thought some of these things?

I agree. Kelly seems like she's being pulled in 2 different directions: the real Kelly who was always dealing with weight issues and being ridiculed for just being herself. And this new Kelly who someone is trying to make into a glamorous Hollywood icon. You can tell she's uncomfortable being dressed up. 

• Love 3

Agree with all of you.  I have felt that way about Kelly for a while now.  I miss the old, more natural Kelly.  This one is too much for me most of the time, and she just doesn't seem to be authentic to her true self (unless as someone mentioned if this is "her" and she has been hiding that personality)

• Love 2

Kelly is stylistically challenged and has been for a long time, imo.  I suspect her people are trying to give her a little edge and appeal to a younger group.   Sometimes, I wonder about their taste too.  Lol.  

• Love 4

I watched her entire show yesterday.  I am a big fan of Oliver Hudson and Kate and he were on to promote their podcast about siblings.

Kelly is so needy.  She constantly was interrupting them to interject her own thoughts.  It's crazy how popular she is as a talk show host when she does everything opposite of what a talk show host should do.  Also her clapping her hands and dying laughing at everything, it's just so much.  

• Love 2

Good grief. Tonight's outfit on "American Song ,Contest" is even worse than last week's black garbage bag. Similar look but in shiny gold lame ("lah-may" not lame although it is lame). 

Off the shoulder, buttons down front, topped with matching gold belt. 😲

Just awful. Someone must really hate her. Will try to post picture.

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 1
On 4/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kelly is so needy.  She constantly was interrupting them to interject her own thoughts.  It's crazy how popular she is as a talk show host when she does everything opposite of what a talk show host should do.  Also her clapping her hands and dying laughing at everything, it's just so much.  

Seriously! I cannot stand watching her anymore. She is always interrupting her guests to tell a story about HER. And fuck off with the "Y'all" bullshit.

4 hours ago, seasons said:

Will try to post picture.

Edited 3 hours ago by seasons

Please do! 😂

• Love 1
11 hours ago, seasons said:

Good grief. Tonight's outfit on "American Song ,Contest" is even worse than last week's black garbage bag. Similar look but in shiny gold lame ("lah-may" not lame although it is lame). 

Off the shoulder, buttons down front, topped with matching gold belt. 😲

Just awful. Someone must really hate her. Will try to post picture.

is it this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcQmxD8rCxj/

• Love 1
On 4/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think I watched her show once when it first came on for about five minutes and knew it wasn't for me. Today I turned on the TV, the channel she's on came up and I saw Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda were on. Great, two entertaining, successful women with lots to say. Only they didn't get the chance. Kelly couldn't stop blabbing and interjecting her own stories during their time. I had to cringe in embarrassment. What an absolutely horrible talk show hostess!! Could they not find anyone else? I don't care about your jibber-jabber nonsense, Kelly, I tuned in to hear insight and stories from your guests, NOT YOU. Know your place. You are NOT a guest. You are there to interview other people. You do not fit the job description of talk show host by any stretch of the imagination and you should be fired.

I would not be able to tolerate watching her silly demeanor again.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2022 at 7:51 PM, seasons said:

And Ellen was supposedly the new Oprah so now Kelly will be the new Ellen? Hard pass from me. It's not that she's not likable (I guess), but she just annoys the shit out of me.

Chiming in here . . . Oprah's show was way different then Ellen's show, even though I could only tolerate watching Ellen's show a few times. And now Kelly is going to be the new Ellen?

IMHO:

Oprah did deep-dives with her guests, providing viewers with the opportunity to hear serious stories and hearing how these guests made it to the other side. Inspirational, moving, insightful. She also interviewed celebrities and LET THEM TALK, asking questions we want the answers to. Makeover shows were fun too.

Ellen: I always liked her until her show. Seems she loves to make people act and feel like fools. She has a mean streak.

Kelly: She's not a talk show host. She's good at singing, and that is her job description. Stick with that.

I don't love Steve Harvey himself, but his shows were great. But no. We get Kelly, on par with Busy Phillip's talk-show flop. Both need to stick to their professions and stop trying to force talent in an arena where they don't have any.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I think I watched her show once when it first came on for about five minutes and knew it wasn't for me. Today I turned on the TV, the channel she's on came up and I saw Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda were on. Great, two entertaining, successful women with lots to say. Only they didn't get the chance. Kelly couldn't stop blabbing and interjecting her own stories during their time. I had to cringe in embarrassment. What an absolutely horrible talk show hostess!! Could they not find anyone else? I don't care about your jibber-jabber nonsense, Kelly, I tuned in to hear insight and stories from your guests, NOT YOU. Know your place. You are NOT a guest. You are there to interview other people. You do not fit the job description of talk show host by any stretch of the imagination and you should be fired.

I would not be able to tolerate watching her silly demeanor again.

22 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I saw Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda were on. Great, two entertaining, successful women with lots to say. Only they didn't get the chance. Kelly couldn't stop blabbing and interjecting her own stories during their time.

Thats standard procedure for Kelly. She interrupts all of her guests and starts talking about herself and her life experiences. STFU Kelly. I only watch her show if it's 3 am because there's nothing else on.

9 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Oprah did deep-dives with her guests, providing viewers with the opportunity to hear serious stories and hearing how these guests made it to the other side. Inspirational, moving, insightful. She also interviewed celebrities and LET THEM TALK, asking questions we want the answers to. Makeover shows were fun too.

Damn I miss Oprah's talk show. She set the bar really high and nobody has come close to her. The only talk show host I love is Graham Norton. But his talk show is all about having fun with the celebrity guests and he does a great job.

Kelly is just not the "it girl" anymore.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Damn I miss Oprah's talk show. She set the bar really high and nobody has come close to her.

I do too. I wish she would rerun some of them on her OWN channel because I would tune in. I tuned in (for a minute) to Nick Cannon's show and it seemed kinda too much, as in trying too hard to be up, funny, lively. No thanks. Wish the networks could find someone really interesting and talented to host a talk show.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Breedom said:

IMHO:

Ellen: I always liked her until her show. Seems she loves to make people act and feel like fools. She has a mean streak.

Kelly: She's not a talk show host. She's good at singing, and that is her job description. Stick with that.

In the last few years of Oprah's show it turned into mostly a celeb interview outlet which made me stop watching as much and made it easier to see it end. I did like the way she'd actually interview guests and let them speak though. It's annoying that all the daytime talk shows for the most part now don't talk to real people about life issues anymore. If everyday people do pop up on the celeb hosted shows now it's usually a quick segment where they don't get to speak much about what's going on. Then the host/hosts give the people something from a company that's getting in show promotion.

I liked Ellen before her talk show too. I watched for a few years off and on until it became so apparent that she enjoyed scaring/tormenting guests all the time with things she knew would make them uncomfortable. After it would happen each time she'd have this weird satisfied look on her face and in her eyes that would make me uncomfortable. It wasn't too much of a surprise when news of her being rude to non celebs came out after seeing her ideas of treating people who she probably thinks are equals before or during interviews.

As @Breedom mentioned I too tried watching Kelly's show a couple times during the first season and when COVID episodes started.  While she's a great singer a professional talk show host she's not. She made me feel fidgety while trying to watch her. If she'd calm down some the show might be easier to watch. The way she acts is why I think she's putting on a front and this constantly happy go lucky hyper behavior is something she feels she has to portray to make it seem like she's ok. I know from personal experience that it's easier to talk about oneself then ask about other people since you never know what the other person is going to say. It's something I've had to work on myself and how I know I wouldn't make a good host of a interview show. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

I liked Ellen before her talk show too. I watched for a few years off and on until it became so apparent that she enjoyed scaring/tormenting guests all the time with things she knew would make them uncomfortable. After it would happen each time she'd have this weird satisfied look on her face and in her eyes that would make me uncomfortable.

Thank you! Exactly. I don't get why other people don't see this and they love her. I remember how I liked her sense of humor way back when, but with this talk show her personality came out as cruel and like she's entertaining herself in some weird, private way.

20 hours ago, Jaded said:

The way she acts is why I think she's putting on a front and this constantly happy go lucky hyper behavior is something she feels she has to portray to make it seem like she's ok.

Agree! I hate fake people who act like they are so incredibly happy and joyful at all times. Give me someone real, with an honest soul, who has more emotions than just over-the-top laughter and grins.

• Love 4

Ellen Degeneres's standup "Here and Now" from 2003 is a classic. I totally recommend it.

I'm watching Kelly interview Jake Johnson and Jackson Wang today and they're both pretty fascinating.  Jake is trying to tell her about hypnotherapy (BECAUSE SHE ASKED ABOUT IT) but unfortunately she will NOT STOP INTERRUPTING!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jake is trying to tell her about hypnotherapy (BECAUSE SHE ASKED ABOUT IT) but unfortunately she will NOT STOP INTERRUPTING!!!!

Why doesn't she just get fired? She is a failure in the talk show arena. She's not talented. WHY IS SHE THERE? She's undoubtedly an embarrassment to her guests. When I saw the show with Jane Fonda, Jane looked genuinely  baffled as to this nitwit's behavior. I don't think she's used to "being interviewed" by a young, clueless, inexperienced nincompoop who showed no respect for her. Most people are in awe of such accomplished people such as Jane and Lilly. Not our Kelly! It's all about "me, me, me." What a fool.

I'll also add that I really had no opinion either way of Kelly Clarkson until I saw this show. Her behavior tells me all I really want to know about her.

• LOL 2

The show received 9 Daytime Emmy nominations.

But there was still somehow no nomination in the Outstanding Costume and Styling category.  😁  I think it was yesterday that I just watched the song online, but her outfit made me think of a complaint my friend often has:  "Sometimes she wears some ugly skirt with a T-shirt for a band or singer or something."  I could practically hear her voice saying that for the whole song.  (I think a few weeks ago, Kelly was wearing a Whitney Houston T-shirt, but she had it tucked in so far that all of Whitney's face but her hair were covered up by her belt.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, KWalkerInc said:

But there was still somehow no nomination in the Outstanding Costume and Styling category.

😂😂 Your'e killing' it KWalker!

And let's not forget Kelly's footwear! Big bulky clodhoppers with black leggings.

The only competition Kelly has on the 3pm time slot in my neck of the woods is Drew Barrymore. How easy is it to get an emmy if that's all there is?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

OUTSTANDING ENTERTAINMENT TALK SHOW
The Drew Barrymore Show, SYNDICATED
Hot Ones, Complex Networks
The Kelly Clarkson Show, SYNDICATED
Live with Kelly and Ryan, SYNDICATED
Today Show with Hoda & Jenna NBC

On 5/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, chenoa333 said:

The only competition Kelly has on the 3pm time slot in my neck of the woods is Drew Barrymore. How easy is it to get an emmy if that's all there is?

Exactly! I cannot stomach watching Kelly, so have not returned to watch her show, but my comments stand.

Kelly and Ryan: Ryan has checked out and Kelly tries too hard. I do like them both personally, but don't watch their show.

Hoda & Jenna: WHAT? I just watched this yesterday and today (Jessica Alba was on) and I'm finding that Jenna is on the same wavelength as Kelly Clarkson. She's loud, obnoxious, talks for no reason, is uncouth, sloppy and presents horribly. What exactly is her talent? Who thought to put this untalented person on my TV screen? I do like Hoda, but I really won't be able to tolerate the show because of her co-host. Again, WHY WAS SHE HIRED? I couldn't help but compare her to Jessica, who kept her voice respectful, was knowledgeable, has insight and was interesting. Then, the booming Jenna chiming in non-stop, even repeating her sentences three times in a row. She has no filter and behaves somewhat like a beast.

I wonder what the criteria is for Daytime Emmy submissions.  Do they just edit together a bunch of clips trying to show Kelly on her best behavior, or do they have to pick a whole episode that they like?  I don't even know the criteria for soap opera actors, let alone a talk show.  I did read that there is a charge of like $300 for every submission that the judges review, so I seriously hope they did NOT even try to submit anything for costuming.  They probably did though since Kelly is always praising the stylists and talking about how much better she looks than in "real life."

I usually only see the singing, but watched the first half of the Monday episode.  Of course she fangirled all over Ann Wilson.  What was interesting though was that Ann talked mostly about the writing process for her latest solo album, but the song she performed (I flipped back to watch that) was a Queen cover.

• Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, Breedom said:

I do too. I wish she would rerun some of them on her OWN channel because I would tune in. I tuned in (for a minute) to Nick Cannon's show and it seemed kinda too much, as in trying too hard to be up, funny, lively. No thanks. Wish the networks could find someone really interesting and talented to host a talk show.

There are several of her old shows on OWN on Discovery+.

Kelly has new episodes Tuesday through Thursday next week and all of the following week except Friday, so she might still be going for a while.  Drew could be off until fall, as the next two weeks show repeats.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Kelly has new episodes Tuesday through Thursday next week and all of the following week except Friday, so she might still be going for a while.  Drew could be off until fall, as the next two weeks show repeats.

Thanks!

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelly had a fantastic line yesterday.  She had on 4 (?) famous chefs on that are promoting their new Iron Chef show on Netflix and each chef prepared a different dish and she would try them.

Start at 3:47 here at this clip:

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

If you can't see it for whatever reason, she said something like "For the first 20 years of my career, nobody wanted me to eat, and now they're paying me to do it."  It was so good I wonder if she had that in her holster ready to go for a while.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, alexa said:

I wondered how that could be until I saw the list of the competition and there isn’t anyone good in the category!  Lol.

I'm just glad that Live with Kelly and Ryan didn't win.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I actually think Drew and Sean are so much better than Kelly.  I've watched many episodes of all 3 shows.  Kelly only sings the best.

Kelly is getting to be so annoying. It's been mentioned before, but her constantly interrupting her guests with cutesy stories about HER in the hope her guests can relate to her.  

And I agree, daytime talk shows suck so it's not like Kelly was up against Oprah. 

Is Kelly's show up against Dr. Phil? I would find that hard to believe. Maybe Phil is in a different category as well as Tamron Hall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It looks like Kelly's season may be wrapping up this week.  Tuesday might be a new episode (at least it looks like the song is one she hasn't done before, unless they listed that incorrectly), while Monday and Wednesday are sort of compilations under a theme (musicians or something about pairs).  For everything after that, reruns are listed.  The episode guide says that gives her 180 episodes, the same as last season (which ended later so she must have taken more time off during the year).  I can't tell how many shows she did in season 1 because the guide counts a lot of times where she talked from her ranch and introduced a repeat as "new" shows, so it thinks there were over 200.  She ended up running all the way to September that year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Today's show per Dish tv is a new(?) episode with Back Street Boys, Michael (zzzzzz) Buble and Randy Jackson.

Question: when did Randy Jackson become a skeleton? He looks very ill. 

Now we're seeing an interview with Avril Levigne. What the hell is Kelly wearing?! A t-shirt with Nirvana logo and a long gold skirt with big blue flower print. This show is a mess. "Best Talk Show (daytime)" my a$$. 

Oh wait! Now Kelly is wearing a long black bathrobe/mumu. Clearly today's show is a bad coagulated compilation of boredom.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I feel bad for people who got tickets to be in the studio audience just to watch clips of old interviews with no actual guests, but they probably knew the situation when they applied for the tickets.  If they only wanted to see Kelly and the band, I guess that's fine.  I liked the compilation of the little songs that the band does for the segments, even if it did highlight that Kelly might be a little too easily amused.

Kelly does like to go to that combo of (as my friend puts it) "some ugly skirt with a T-shirt for a band."  Can't they just let her wear jeans if she wants to wear a T-shirt?  Of course she probably would have still tucked in that Whitney Houston T-shirt that time so far you could only see Whitney's hair.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Of course she probably would have still tucked in that Whitney Houston T-shirt that time so far you could only see Whitney's hair.

Darn, I missed that episode! 

• Love 1

After a busy day, I needed a break so I switched on the TV and there was Kelly, with Tom Selleck. I stayed tuned in and what a travesty. It was like watching a young, inexperienced child interviewing the most seasoned, well-lived person in the room - and it was embarrassing. This girl laughs at everything, funny or not. She laughs over her guests talking, after sentences, before and during sentences and a second of silence is filled with her big guffaws. Kelly needs to learn that not everything is a joke. CALM DOWN.

I thought I heard Tom say he's "no longer pretty." (I think that's what I made out through her nonstop jabbering). Is he just a person looking for validation? In which Kelly would of course say, no, not true, the audience would applaud and . . . done. But no, Big mouth was going on so much about her own junk that she didn't even hear him. And this is someone to take seriously? Who watches this junk on a non-stop basis? She's horrible. Looking at this grown mature man sitting there in a three piece suit with such a junior little girl (she acts like one) - there was absolutely no connection between these two whatsoever. He probably felt like it was a waste of his time and kicked himself for allowing himself to be a guest on her show. Next time, Tom, stick with more seasoned people - late night might be better.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Breedom said:

It was like watching a young, inexperienced child interviewing the most seasoned, well-lived person in the room

That pretty much sums up KC. She can sing. No doubt about that. But she is NOT "talk show host/interviewer" worthy.

I can't see her jabbering, gabbing (about herself) lasting for a talk show.  Go do Kellyoake.

Please stop being a "talk show host." I'm already irritated with her and stopped watching.Hope she's one and done. As the old saying goes: she's "jumped the shark."

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

The sad thing is that it seems Kelly has been crowned the new daytime queen with Ellen's retirement. Not going to miss Ellen one bit, as imo she morphed into being kind of sadistic seeming to take pleasure in setting people up to act like idiots. But I digress. Kelly is in way over her head, y'all. She seems like a nice girl and agreed she sure can sing but she's just too much for me. In my area they've already moved her from 2pm to the better 3pm slot Ellen had. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

And she's 40 - she's not 20.   If she was 20, I could kind of understand it.

Every time ANYTHING happens or anyone says ANYTHING it's always the same reaction

1) Guffaws

2)  throws head back, eyes tight

3)  claps like a seal

4)  "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU.  YOU'RE SO FUNNY.  (REPEATS JOKE).  OH MY GOD THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD."

5)  wipes away tears

and when she's being extra dramatic?  Falls to her knees on the ground.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1