Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Primetimer posted video of the interview with Sandra Bullock.

I don't think this also includes the game they played later on.  Josh Robert Thompson (who played many characters on Craig Ferguson's talk show, including robot skeleton sidekick Geoff Peterson) was hosting the game as the unseen "Voice of God" (via Morgan Freeman).  After all the needling Sandra had done to Kelly earlier, "God" goes, "Hey Sandra, your parents say hello."  She totally cracked up.

• Love 1

Today's (Friday) show, I liked the top part of Kelly's (sage green?) dress. But it all went wrong from the waist down.

I don't think Kelly is fat. Apparently her wardrobe consultants do. Kelly is not skinny but damn, could somebody dress her better? She's a pretty woman disguised as an elderly lady. Or a left over actor from Little House on the Prairie.

• Love 2

Gah! The same stylist who hates Kelly must be telling her to wear that awful bright red lipstick. To me it looks terrible on her. I notice the bright red lip on tv lately, I guess it is a holiday thing/trend, but I hate trends and doing something just because it is "in". 

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice that all of a sudden in the past couple of months Kelly decided to scream "WOO!" at the beginning of every musical performance and then just never stopped doing this?

The musical performance was the only guaranteed thing I ever enjoyed about her show and now she's trying to ruin that too...... I don't know why it bothers me so much but man, it grates!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Thanks for the update! Going to add that to the list of incredibly annoying things she does.

And Ellen was supposedly the new Oprah so now Kelly will be the new Ellen? Hard pass from me. It's not that she's not likable (I guess), but she just annoys the shit out of me.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did anyone else notice that all of a sudden in the past couple of months Kelly decided to scream "WOO!" at the beginning of every musical performance and then just never stopped doing this?

The musical performance was the only guaranteed thing I ever enjoyed about her show and now she's trying to ruin that too...... I don't know why it bothers me so much but man, it grates!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kelly decided to scream "WOO!" at the beginning of every musical performance and then just never stopped doing this?

Didn't Steve Harvey used to do the "WOO!" on his talk show?

Kelly is really starting to annoy me. She's just everywhere. Overkill.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

and does she have to shout everything????????

i love her singing and i love her music and i really like her, but.....

also, that thing at the end where she says something like if you're not having a good day or life or something, CHANGE IT

well, kelly, maybe it's not all that easy or they would change it

• Love 4
On 1/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I noticed her doing this after the performances, I'm not sure for how long, but I wouldn't be surprised by her doing it before as well.  She actually didn't do it at either time on Tuesday, maybe because the song was too depressing ("Another Day in Paradise").  It was weird though when the woman who requested it gave some explanation about her son moving to L.A. and how she was visiting him in "his paradise."  I thought she was going to say he or they had been homeless, but instead said something that had nothing to do with the song.  At least that was less depressing than what went through my head. 

The thing that Kelly does that bugs my friend the most is when she makes that "Pew-Pew" noise like an air horn going off.  She doesn't only do it on here either; she always does it whenever Entertainment Tonight interviews her about The Voice.  I think The Voice isn't on again until fall because they cut back to try to prevent a further ratings drop.  Will that mean Kelly is on things less often, or will she find something else to fill the gap?  I'd rather she finish her next regular album.

4 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

I noticed her doing this after the performances, I'm not sure for how long, but I wouldn't be surprised by her doing it before as well.  She actually didn't do it at either time on Tuesday, maybe because the song was too depressing ("Another Day in Paradise"). 

It's the first sound you hear when you click on this video.

It's the first sound you hear when you click on this video too:

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
On 1/3/2022 at 8:15 PM, chenoa333 said:

I like Kelly a lot. But I wish she'd focus on creating more music. And why did she get a talk show when there are so many talented journalists out there who are more suited? Must be name recognition.

• Love 3

The show was funny today.  Gordon Ramsay was on to "Teach" Kelly and Cheryl Burke how to make Shrimp Scampi.  Which basically just consisted of Gordon screaming at Kelly for 10 minutes and Kelly melting down.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
54 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

I like Kelly a lot. But I wish she'd focus on creating more music. And why did she get a talk show when there are so many talented journalists out there who are more suited? Must be name recognition.

She's a horrible speaker!  I don't get it at all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The show was funny today.  Gordon Ramsay was on to "Teach" Kelly and Cheryl Burke how to make Shrimp Scampi.  Which basically just consisted of Gordon screaming at Kelly for 10 minutes and Kelly melting down.

Here's the video

• LOL 3

Joel McHale just turned 50 and Kelly said she's turning 40 this year.

Kelly to Joel:  Oh, I don't care about age.  I'm not one of those women that cares.

Joel:  I care.

Nothing I like more than a woman who has to put down other women to prop herself up!

• Love 1

[sarcasm]Was this episode recorded before the latest COVID outbreak in Los Angeles?  I wish there was some way we could know for sure.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, putting that message on the screen when they showed the studio audience was one thing, but it was a little unnecessary to put it up again every few minutes when they were just showing Kelly and Morris Chestnut talking. 

Her taping schedule is very confusing.  Often the episodes are clearly taped weeks in advance, so I was surprised when she included the tribute to Bob Saget last week just days after his death.  I'm guessing the episodes are going to bounce back and forth between ones with and without an audience until they run out of the pre-taped ones, kind of like when Kelly had that eye injury and you'd never know if she was going to have an eye patch on or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

How is she allowed to take so many days off and have other people host in her place?  The only time I've seen that with my favourite talk shows is when the host is seriously injured.  Is she just relaxing?  

Does anyone else watch Drew Barrymore and then come and watch this?  It's remarkable how Drew will ask a question and then actually deeply listen to the answer.  She doesn't even interrupt.  You can actually see the woman listening.  LOL.  It's crazy!

Meanwhile with Kelly it's like "But wait.  But wait.  But wait. My kids.  But wait.  But my kid.  My kid does this.  But wait.  But wait."   It's like GODDAMMIT WAIT FOR WHAT KELLY. SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How is she allowed to take so many days off and have other people host in her place?  The only time I've seen that with my favourite talk shows is when the host is seriously injured.  Is she just relaxing?  

Does anyone else watch Drew Barrymore and then come and watch this?  It's remarkable how Drew will ask a question and then actually deeply listen to the answer.  She doesn't even interrupt.  You can actually see the woman listening.  LOL.  It's crazy!

Meanwhile with Kelly it's like "But wait.  But wait.  But wait. My kids.  But wait.  But my kid.  My kid does this.  But wait.  But wait."   It's like GODDAMMIT WAIT FOR WHAT KELLY. SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

I will admit that Drew got much better over time.  She was awful in the beginning but has a better rhythm now.  That said she spends five minutes gushing awkwardly over her guests before getting to the interview.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

The Kelly Clarkson Show is a Coke and two double shots of espresso, chased with a Red Bull, Y'ALL!  The Drew Barrymore Show is a cup of chamomile tea followed by two or three glasses of red wine.

LOL this is perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, alexa said:

I will admit that Drew got much better over time.  She was awful in the beginning but has a better rhythm now.  That said she spends five minutes gushing awkwardly over her guests before getting to the interview.  

Kelly's had one more year of practice at this than Drew has!  Although maybe not when you factor in how much time Jay Leno is hosting instead!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Didn't Ellen start the daytime guest host thing?

Wendy W doing it too for her reasons.

They all gush so much over guests it's gross. Rachael R is the worst to me, squealing and clapping her hands like a trained seal.

16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

IIRC Jay mentioned that Kelly was taking time off to "do mom things." Whatever that means. Maybe she has child custody/divorce court dates coming up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

IIRC Jay mentioned that Kelly was taking time off to "do mom things." Whatever that means. Maybe she has child custody/divorce court dates coming up. 

I wonder why they don't just show reruns?  Probably their ratings show just as strong if Jay hosts rather than her.  I do wonder what the audience thinks though, if they specifically come to see Kelly.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

I curse my PVR and my cable company.  I should be able to only tape the first 5 minutes of a show, but alas, I cannot.  That way I could watch Kelly's wonderful musical performances and nothing else and save room for better shows!   LOL!  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1

Kelly's show isn't on our affiliate for a couple weeks because they rearranged the lineup for the Olympics.  I usually watch her show distractedly while using the laptop or eating, so I can't be bothered to record it off Bravo or the local channel that shows it the next morning.  When she's actually hosting so there is singing, I've watched the song online (but sometimes it's easier to find than others even if I enter the same thing every time).

Kelly apparently needed another job because of the Voice not being on this spring, so she's hosting American Song Contest with Snoop Dogg.  NBC now has a commercial where they are touting first Ted Danson and then Kenan Thompson as the reason they are #1 in the ratings.  Kelly, Terry Crews, Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni get upset about this and Kelly yells, "I'm on like all of your shows!"  Before I watched it again, I thought she had said, "I'm literally on all of your shows!"  She probably would have said that if it weren't from a script written by someone else, since she likes to say "literally" a lot.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Kelly's show isn't on our affiliate for a couple weeks because they rearranged the lineup for the Olympics.

According to my local tv listings, her show is being aired in So. Cal with current episodes. However, Kelly is still AWOL.

Guest hosting today is Taraji Henson. I might watch just because Bindi and Robert Irwin are guests. As long as Taraji isn't going to act all childish and squeal in fear if the Irwins bring animals out to show us. 

ETA: Apparently Kelly is "on lockdown" due to exposure to Covid. I'm pretty sure that's what Taraji announced.

I'm only 10 minutes in and already I'm fed up with all the talking about how Taraji and Kelly have become besties. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

Kelly Clarkson is legally changing her name to Kelly Brianne.  

"My new name more fully reflects who I am," says Kelly.  Um, okay?  This has to be some sort of legal move to protect her finances from that leach she married or something, you think?  Even though Clarkson is not her married name?  Maybe it makes it harder for that asshole to access her Kelly Clarkson money?  I am so confused.  But as far as branding and identity goes, bad move, gurl, baad move!

So, The Kelly Clarkson Brianne Show now? 😬

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 2

If her husband's last name is Blackstock then where did the name Clarkson come from? Is that Kelly's maiden name? If so, why not just keep it? 

Blackstock claims he can't afford to purchase a place to live so that's why he must stay on the ranch in Montana that both he and Kelly own. Isn't he Reba McIntyre's son? What a mess. She'll be taking A LOT more time off work! Sounds like a long, messy divorce. At least Jay Leno has a talk show to host occasionally. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Kelly Clarkson is legally changing her name to Kelly Brianne.  

"My new name more fully reflects who I am," says Kelly.  Um, okay?  This has to be some sort of legal move to protect her finances from that leach she married or something, you think?  Even though Clarkson is not her married name?  Maybe it makes it harder for that asshole to access her Kelly Clarkson money?  I am so confused.  But as far as branding and identity goes, bad move, gurl, baad move!

So, The Kelly Clarkson Brianne Show now? 😬

That makes no sense.  If her name isn't Blackstock, then keep Clarkson.  Seems like she is letting this divorce affect her in ways it shouldn't if she has to change her name/ stage name, etc.  Crazy

• Love 2

Clarkson was her father's name and they had a terrible relationship.  Entertainment Tonight mentioned her song "Piece by Piece" (getting the year of its release way wrong) about it.  Ironically, that song is about how great her husband is and that "he'll never ask for money."  Her father is dead, so I don't know why she's changing her name now unless it just is something to do with wanting to be more free or something.  Thankfully, ET reported that they aren't changing the name of the talk show.  (Though I might have to see if other things talk about that, as they couldn't even correctly look up the year that a song came out.)  She has to be smart enough to know that it could mess up her professional status.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Blackstock claims he can't afford to purchase a place to live so that's why he must stay on the ranch in Montana that both he and Kelly own. Isn't he Reba McIntyre's son? 

He was her stepson. His Father was Reba's long time manager (etc.) and now ex-husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What, Kelly couldn't take time out of her busy schedule to learn the original German version of "99 Luftballoons" just for a Kellyoke segment?  😁  I liked how she told the woman who requested it (a drama teacher) that she took drama in school but wasn't good.  That's why she gets so upset when anyone mentions her infamous movie From Justin to Kelly.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Colin Farrell is on today and oh boy!  It's two people talking to each other who cannot pause speaking for even one sentence.  It's really funny.  Kelly has met her match.  These two people understand each other even though I'm dizzy.  It's kind of cute.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2

They've uploaded the clip.  The reason I'm sensitive about this is because I've seen other people being mocked for their accent in my personal life.  You might think you're being "cute" and "funny" but it's not really taking into account how the subject feels.  I also admire anyone who can speak languages other than their native language.  Imagine how it would feel to have someone mocking you for trying.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A French Chef is on today - Ludo Lefebvre - and Kelly keeps mocking his accent back to him and saying "What?  What?"  (He's speaking perfect English).  This is really cringey.  

Glad I missed it. But I would like to see it. Kelly is just phucking annoying. She has (as we used to say) jumped the shark.

And I predict there will be a womens' belt shortage in Los Angeles in the very near future

ETA: Thanks for posting that video MsBlueJay. Going to watch it right now!

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They've uploaded the clip.  The reason I'm sensitive about this is because I've seen other people being mocked for their accent in my personal life.  You might think you're being "cute" and "funny" but it's not really taking into account how the subject feels.  I also admire anyone who can speak languages other than their native language.  Imagine how it would feel to have someone mocking you for trying.  

I didn't watch the whole thing, and I don't at all agree with how she handles the language situation, but I do have to admit there were times I couldn't tell what he was saying.  Not so much how he is saying it, but getting your brain to catch up to how it is being pronounced/what the word is.  Such as scramble--I couldn't understand that word at first either.  But I would just play along and watch him versus making him say things over and over again.  

Also, I will say, haven't watched this in ages, and I will be the one to be brave and say it looks like she is gaining weight again.  Not an insult, it happens to many of us, lol!  Just noticed it very clearly in that clip.

• Love 1

I saw today that Donny Osmond is a scheduled guest for tomorrow.  Is this a rerun?  It seems there are links about it from a month ago.  I’ll try to remember to check it out.  I was a big Osmond fan growing up, so I like to keep up with them, especially Donny. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like Kelly has the same awful stylist for that American Song show on nbc. Tonight she is wearing something that looks like a black garbage bag. Tight and loose at the same time.

And the yelling.

Awful. Just awful. Y'all need to get some sense, girl.

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Looks like Kelly has the same awful stylist for that American Song show on nbc. Tonight she is wearing something that looks like a black garbage bag. Tight and loose at the same time.

And the yelling.

Awful. Just awful. Y'all need to get some sense, girl.

You mean this lovely number, lol?  Yeah, not great.  And one of the top comments is to fire her stylist with several people agreeing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqtjxsJlAJ/

Edited by alexa
  • LOL 1