Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

The Kelly Clarkson Show

On 12/16/2020 at 7:36 AM, alexa said:

Kelly has looked amazing lately.  I guess divorce is agreeing with her.  Just kidding, not taking her divorce lightly, but she looks a lot different lately both on her show and on the Voice.  It is nice to see her in a wider variety of outfits, and not so many of the large, matronly dresses.

I noticed that too. I'm glad. Good for her.

Maybe it was the ex that was giving her the horrible wardrobe suggestions. 👿

• Like 1

Kelly's interview with Inauguration poet Amanda Gorman from a few months ago. Kelly looks better with minimal or no makeup IMO, but as people posted her wardrobe has improved.

• Like 2

IMO Kelly has always been a very pretty woman no matter her size. She's here to sing and she is more than stellar at that. If she was my SO, I would make her sing everything to me....what's for breakfast, what's on the grocery list, what's the weather like today 😊

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I have to take back my statement that Kelly is dressing better this year.  She is back to some of her awful tent dresses of many colors.  😞  lol.  

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

6 hours ago, alexa said:

I have to take back my statement that Kelly is dressing better this year.  She is back to some of her awful tent dresses of many colors.  😞  lol.  

Oh well, that adds to the "entertainment" for me. i'm going to be watching. Haven't tuned in for awhile.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alexa said:

I don’t normally watch her show but that dress did her no favors. I guess if she’s happy with it & comfortable who am I to judge. Then I realize she judges all the time on The Voice. So I’ll say it. That dress was god awful. 

• Like 1

Kelly's band is called "Y'all" ?!?!? 

Ugh 

How silly

Good grief, it looks like she is wearing a prison uniform today. Grey overalls, striped shirt, black combat boots. Awful.

Yesterday, Kelly sang "Weak" by SWV.  There was one line she sang as "But the whole problem is you" when the lyric is actually "But the cause and cure is you."  I wonder if she just made a mistake (remembering it incorrectly from hearing the song in the past or something) or if it was changed deliberately (for what reason, I don't know).  It's not a big deal, I just thought that was a little odd!

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, seasons said:

Kelly's band is called "Y'all" ?!?!? 

Ugh 

How silly

Good grief, it looks like she is wearing a prison uniform today. Grey overalls, striped shirt, black combat boots. Awful.

Yes!! I don't watch her show on a regular basis but I do remember when her show was new, she was asking her viewers to come up with a name for her studio band. So this is what "they" came up with??  "Y'all"? How embarrassing to the band. 

• Laugh 1

Wow. Chris Noth is still one smokin' hot tamale! AND he's into preservation of our planet. Too bad there's thousands of women waiting in line before me! Lol.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Anytime I watch a tiny snippet of this show like I did just now (Megan Fox interview) Kelly does the thing that drives me bonkers mad -- she will relate to her guest by agreeing with something they said, like, "OMG, I do the SAME thing!" -- but instead of leaving it there so that the guest can then go back to what they were saying, she derails the entire conversation and never lets the guest finish their part of the conversation. 

I only made it up to the Harry Potter bit because Kelly had to out-fan Megan.  Click. 

• Laugh 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, Cementhead said:

Kelly does the thing that drives me bonkers mad -- she will relate to her guest by agreeing with something they said, like, "OMG, I do the SAME thing!" --

Yes! And I'm already on the verge of being really annoyed with seeing her everywhere. The Voice, her talk show, Wayfair, other random commercials.

• Like 1

Hey, is that Morgan Freeman moderating the games?  It certainly sounds like him, but I would think he's got better things to do than guide the games..?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roughing it said:

Hey, is that Morgan Freeman moderating the games?  It certainly sounds like him, but I would think he's got better things to do than guide the games..?

I didn't see the show but when you said it sounded like Morgan Freeman I knew who it must have been. I was right in thinking it was Josh Robert Thompson who also voiced Geoff The Robot on Craig Ferguson's late night talkshow that aired on CBS. 

• Like 2

The show received six Daytime Emmy nominations:  Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show, Entertainment Talk Show Host, Lighting Direction, Live and Direct-to-Tape Sound Mixing, Art Direction/Set Direction/Scene Design (? - I can't read my handwriting from my notes on the last part of that one) and Original Song.  It says the song is "Cabana Boy Troy."  I think that was from a time they helped a woman surprise her husband with Kelly and others singing a song about him at a restaurant.  There was something in it about how the couple had sex while watching "The Little Mermaid."

• Like 2

Heard today that Kelly will take over for Ellen when she retires - next year, I think.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2021 at 12:00 AM, seasons said:

Heard today that Kelly will take over for Ellen when she retires - next year, I think.

Anyone heard any news about how much Kelly will be earning annually as Ellen's replacement? I'm guessing it will be in the millions.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I loved her segment on swimming and water safety today. It’s a huge issue right now.  It seems every week a child drowns in our state (NC).

And I love the dress her guest is wearing talking about vacations this summer, named Emily.  I love it.  I want it. It’s bright, multi colored.  I’m not sure why Kelly has a dark brown, winter looking dress. Hmmmmm....Did her stylists not show up today? She needs to consult with Emily’s stylist. Lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I loved her segment on swimming and water safety today. It’s a huge issue right now.  It seems every week a child drowns in our state (NC).

And I love the dress her guest is wearing talking about vacations this summer, named Emily.  I love it.  I want it. It’s bright, multi colored.  I’m not sure why Kelly has a dark brown, winter looking dress. Hmmmmm....Did her stylists not show up today? She needs to consult with Emily’s stylist. Lol 

I didn’t see it but I think her stylist quit showing up a while ago!  Lol

• Laugh 4

On 3/24/2021 at 2:30 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Yesterday, Kelly sang "Weak" by SWV.  There was one line she sang as "But the whole problem is you" when the lyric is actually "But the cause and cure is you."  I wonder if she just made a mistake (remembering it incorrectly from hearing the song in the past or something) or if it was changed deliberately (for what reason, I don't know).  It's not a big deal, I just thought that was a little odd!

I heard this song tonight and listened carefully, and Kelly's interpretation "when the problem here is you," is probably right.  It's listed that way on one lyrics site, even though the one that comes up on Google had it the way I had always heard it.  Oops, sorry Kelly!  I should have known I was mishearing as usual because it wouldn't make sense for her to change it for no reason.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, chenoa333 said:

Anyone heard any news about how much Kelly will be earning annually as Ellen's replacement? I'm guessing it will be in the millions.

She already making well into the millions now.

• Like 2

Did anyone see Kelly sing tribute song to honor Garth Brooks on the Kennedy Honors? OMG!  It renewed my admiration for her vocals and professionalism.....off the charts beautiful.  It made me cry....and Garth too.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Kelly sing tribute song to honor Garth Brooks on the Kennedy Honors? OMG!  It renewed my admiration for her vocals and professionalism.....off the charts beautiful.  It made me cry....and Garth too.  

Yes! There's nothing Kelly can't sing. She blows me away every single time. 

• Like 4