Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

IMO Kelly has always been a very pretty woman no matter her size. She's here to sing and she is more than stellar at that. If she was my SO, I would make her sing everything to me....what's for breakfast, what's on the grocery list, what's the weather like today 😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I have to take back my statement that Kelly is dressing better this year.  She is back to some of her awful tent dresses of many colors.  😞  lol.  

Oh well, that adds to the "entertainment" for me. i'm going to be watching. Haven't tuned in for awhile.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I have to take back my statement that Kelly is dressing better this year.  She is back to some of her awful tent dresses of many colors.  😞  lol.  

I don’t normally watch her show but that dress did her no favors. I guess if she’s happy with it & comfortable who am I to judge. Then I realize she judges all the time on The Voice. So I’ll say it. That dress was god awful. 

• Love 1

Kelly's band is called "Y'all" ?!?!? 

Ugh 

How silly

Good grief, it looks like she is wearing a prison uniform today. Grey overalls, striped shirt, black combat boots. Awful.

• Love 1

Yesterday, Kelly sang "Weak" by SWV.  There was one line she sang as "But the whole problem is you" when the lyric is actually "But the cause and cure is you."  I wonder if she just made a mistake (remembering it incorrectly from hearing the song in the past or something) or if it was changed deliberately (for what reason, I don't know).  It's not a big deal, I just thought that was a little odd!

• Love 2
On 3/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, seasons said:

Kelly's band is called "Y'all" ?!?!? 

Ugh 

How silly

Good grief, it looks like she is wearing a prison uniform today. Grey overalls, striped shirt, black combat boots. Awful.

Yes!! I don't watch her show on a regular basis but I do remember when her show was new, she was asking her viewers to come up with a name for her studio band. So this is what "they" came up with??  "Y'all"? How embarrassing to the band. 

• LOL 1

Anytime I watch a tiny snippet of this show like I did just now (Megan Fox interview) Kelly does the thing that drives me bonkers mad -- she will relate to her guest by agreeing with something they said, like, "OMG, I do the SAME thing!" -- but instead of leaving it there so that the guest can then go back to what they were saying, she derails the entire conversation and never lets the guest finish their part of the conversation. 

I only made it up to the Harry Potter bit because Kelly had to out-fan Megan.  Click. 

• LOL 1
On 5/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, Cementhead said:

Kelly does the thing that drives me bonkers mad -- she will relate to her guest by agreeing with something they said, like, "OMG, I do the SAME thing!" --

Yes! And I'm already on the verge of being really annoyed with seeing her everywhere. The Voice, her talk show, Wayfair, other random commercials.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, roughing it said:

Hey, is that Morgan Freeman moderating the games?  It certainly sounds like him, but I would think he's got better things to do than guide the games..?

I didn't see the show but when you said it sounded like Morgan Freeman I knew who it must have been. I was right in thinking it was Josh Robert Thompson who also voiced Geoff The Robot on Craig Ferguson's late night talkshow that aired on CBS. 

• Love 2

The show received six Daytime Emmy nominations:  Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show, Entertainment Talk Show Host, Lighting Direction, Live and Direct-to-Tape Sound Mixing, Art Direction/Set Direction/Scene Design (? - I can't read my handwriting from my notes on the last part of that one) and Original Song.  It says the song is "Cabana Boy Troy."  I think that was from a time they helped a woman surprise her husband with Kelly and others singing a song about him at a restaurant.  There was something in it about how the couple had sex while watching "The Little Mermaid."

• Love 2
On 5/27/2021 at 12:00 AM, seasons said:

Heard today that Kelly will take over for Ellen when she retires - next year, I think.

Anyone heard any news about how much Kelly will be earning annually as Ellen's replacement? I'm guessing it will be in the millions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I loved her segment on swimming and water safety today. It’s a huge issue right now.  It seems every week a child drowns in our state (NC).

And I love the dress her guest is wearing talking about vacations this summer, named Emily.  I love it.  I want it. It’s bright, multi colored.  I’m not sure why Kelly has a dark brown, winter looking dress. Hmmmmm....Did her stylists not show up today? She needs to consult with Emily’s stylist. Lol 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I loved her segment on swimming and water safety today. It’s a huge issue right now.  It seems every week a child drowns in our state (NC).

And I love the dress her guest is wearing talking about vacations this summer, named Emily.  I love it.  I want it. It’s bright, multi colored.  I’m not sure why Kelly has a dark brown, winter looking dress. Hmmmmm....Did her stylists not show up today? She needs to consult with Emily’s stylist. Lol 

I didn’t see it but I think her stylist quit showing up a while ago!  Lol

• LOL 4
On 3/24/2021 at 2:30 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Yesterday, Kelly sang "Weak" by SWV.  There was one line she sang as "But the whole problem is you" when the lyric is actually "But the cause and cure is you."  I wonder if she just made a mistake (remembering it incorrectly from hearing the song in the past or something) or if it was changed deliberately (for what reason, I don't know).  It's not a big deal, I just thought that was a little odd!

I heard this song tonight and listened carefully, and Kelly's interpretation "when the problem here is you," is probably right.  It's listed that way on one lyrics site, even though the one that comes up on Google had it the way I had always heard it.  Oops, sorry Kelly!  I should have known I was mishearing as usual because it wouldn't make sense for her to change it for no reason.

• Love 2
On 5/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, chenoa333 said:

Anyone heard any news about how much Kelly will be earning annually as Ellen's replacement? I'm guessing it will be in the millions.

She already making well into the millions now.

• Love 2

Did anyone see Kelly sing tribute song to honor Garth Brooks on the Kennedy Honors? OMG!  It renewed my admiration for her vocals and professionalism.....off the charts beautiful.  It made me cry....and Garth too.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Kelly sing tribute song to honor Garth Brooks on the Kennedy Honors? OMG!  It renewed my admiration for her vocals and professionalism.....off the charts beautiful.  It made me cry....and Garth too.  

Yes! There's nothing Kelly can't sing. She blows me away every single time. 

• Love 5

What on earth is wrong with Kelly and her taste of clothes on her talk show?  I don't watch the Voice, but I see snippets and she looks fantastic on there--it is like she is a different person.  Today on her talk show she has this odd, unflattering dress on with one of her huge brown belts, and I just don't get it.  Well, I guess this is her style and I should be used to it by now, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, alexa said:

What on earth is wrong with Kelly and her taste of clothes on her talk show?  I don't watch the Voice, but I see snippets and she looks fantastic on there--it is like she is a different person.  Today on her talk show she has this odd, unflattering dress on with one of her huge brown belts, and I just don't get it.  Well, I guess this is her style and I should be used to it by now, lol.

Kelly has demonstrated her poor taste is fashion for years. She is totally inept in that dept. , though wildly talented in music.  She even struggles to pick a good stylist. Sometimes her stylist is just as bad as she is OR she ignores their advice and picks her own stuff without their input.  I think that NBC may insist she wear what their people say on the The Voice and that’s why she looks better on that show.  JMO,

• Love 3

The show won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show, and Kelly won for the second straight year for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host.  They also won for Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing.  Congrats to all, but I'm relieved that the "Cabana Boy Troy" song didn't win in its category.

• Love 4

Yesterday when Kelly sang "Rolling in the Deep," I gasped with mock-shock when she said the word "shit."  Of course that's the lyric, but they (I think it was only back on FOX) made people who sang it on American Idol say something different.  I just thought it was funny that NBC had no problem with it in daytime, and hopefully people didn't actually freak out about it.

I always make sure to watch Kelly's performance, even though I often change the channel after the "why did you request that?" chit-chat if something else is on.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, seasons said:

Another season of bad fashion and Kelly yelling 90% of the time, y'all. 🙄

yes, the yelling!  i have had to stop watching sometimes when it is just too much. why hasn't she gotten the word that this is not a good thing.

• Love 3

The band's name is "Y'all".

Ugh. Sounds like something a 12 year old would do. Or a teen.

Arrested development? Around the time of fame?

Besides the yelling and bad wardrobe, I think what bothers me is how dark the set is for her show. Maybe to mimic a concert vibe?

• Love 2

This is a nitpick, but a couple days ago during the "What I'm Liking" segment when Kelly was talking about sponsor Pilot Pen giving $1000 to a charity, she said they would be using their Pilot Erasable Pen to write the check.  I don't think writing a check with an erasable pen would be a great idea, for a variety of reasons.  But Kelly was either just reading the teleprompter or thought that was a cute adlib and just didn't think about that.

• LOL 2

Does anyone else have a repeat of Kelly's show today?  The listings say it was supposed to be Ava Duvernay and other guests, but we got an all "Rad Human Hour."  I was confused because the audience was suddenly totally virtual again without explanation, so I looked it up and it was from January (that is when she sang "Unchained Melody," that's how I could find it).  There are clips of her singing "It's Your Thing" and other things, so I don't know if the show got bumped or it is just my station screwing up like they usually do!

ETA: I checked the Bravo airing, and they had the new episode that was listed.

I think the rerun may have been because my NBC affiliate was affected by the ransomware attack on Sinclair stations.  I read about that after my initial post.  Not that my station needs a legitimate reason to have problems!

Edited by KWalkerInc
Added noted about Bravo.
  • Useful 1

I know that Kelly is very busy, but isn't it a little early in her run to keep having guest hosts?  Or guest host, because it's always Jay Leno.  He's hosting again next Wednesday.  They'll probably give the excuse that "Kelly is busy with her Christmas special tonight," as if it's live.  I wonder if part of the reason is to give Jay more exposure because his game show is getting terrible ratings.  (My father watched an episode and said it was not good.)

• Love 2
On 11/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, KWalkerInc said:

I know that Kelly is very busy, but isn't it a little early in her run to keep having guest hosts?  Or guest host, because it's always Jay Leno.  He's hosting again next Wednesday.  They'll probably give the excuse that "Kelly is busy with her Christmas special tonight," as if it's live.  I wonder if part of the reason is to give Jay more exposure because his game show is getting terrible ratings.  (My father watched an episode and said it was not good.)

I didn't know Leno even had a game show. 

Kelly seems well on her way to thinking she's a VIP. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't know Leno even had a game show. 

Kelly seems well on her way to thinking she's a VIP. 

I have found that there came a time where her fame became larger that I liked her less.  I still like her okay, but I don't like much of her music anymore, and I tend to avoid her more now.  I really liked her in her first few years of singing much more.  Her music was more raw and soulful.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, alexa said:

but I don't like much of her music anymore,

What is "her music"? I only hear her doing cover songs anymore. I don't follow her at all except for her talk show and the Voice but I know nothing about her current song writing and singing. 

There's an old saying "She's just getting too big for her britches." 

I would love to know how much money she'll be making by taking over Ellen's show.

• Love 1

Leno's game show is You Bet Your Life.  Our NBC affiliate put it at 7 PM in the place of reruns of Big Bang Theory (which is still on at 7:30).  It looks like the reruns were much more popular.

Kelly hasn't had a regular album for something like four years.  She had written a bunch of songs for an album about her divorce (I think she said it covered the timeline of the whole relationship), but instead she suddenly came out with a second Christmas album.  At the beginning of the album, she has a couple of songs that express bitterness (though they're upbeat and have some lyrics that make me laugh) and one song that's kind of sad, but then she moves on to classics or other topics.

• Love 2

Wow, I can't believe she's doing so well as a talk show host, they're giving her another show?  I PVR her show every single day so I can hear her performance at the top and then I'll watch if I like the guest, which is not that often.  But man, as a talk show host she leaves a lot to be desired.  Singing is obviously her strength and talking is obviously her major weakness!  She's addicted to the word "literally".  Melissa McCarthy came on her show and it was like two women saying "literally" to each other every other word.  It's unbearable.  Kelly constantly interrupts her guests even in the middle of interesting topics and asks random questions that don't feel organic at all.  Maybe people like it because it feels "natural" but to me it just feels scattered and unfocused and leads the guest to speak on things I'm not interested in.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Singing is obviously her strength and talking is obviously her major weakness!  She's addicted to the word "literally"

Literally y'all!

Yes, she interrupts her guests too often with how relatable she is with them. And enough with the big belts "they" always have her wear. 

She's already getting "old" and unwatchable and she just started a couple years ago. 

• Love 1
On 11/26/2021 at 7:57 PM, KWalkerInc said:

I wonder if part of the reason is to give Jay more exposure because his game show is getting terrible ratings.  (My father watched an episode and said it was not good.)

A station that I watch The Big Bang Theory on was advertising the hell out of Leno's show for a few weeks so I had to suffer through the same promo for it night after night.  In it, Jay says that Kevin Eubanks; who is apparently his sidekick on this new show, is full of informative trivia, setting up Kevin to report on how long it takes for the earth to orbit the sun or something to that effect (yawn) to which Jay quips, as the punchline:  "And it takes even longer during rush hour!!"  🤦‍♀️

On 12/1/2021 at 1:25 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kelly constantly interrupts her guests even in the middle of interesting topics and asks random questions that don't feel organic at all.  Maybe people like it because it feels "natural" but to me it just feels scattered and unfocused and leads the guest to speak on things I'm not interested in.

Yes!  I have watched only bits and pieces of this show maybe 3 times and I couldn't handle it.  She derails the guest's train of thought and interjects her own two cents into what they were trying to say so Anecdote A about said guest turns into Anecdote B about Kelly.  I can't stand when people do that. 

• Love 1

Yes, she's always like "I'm insane y'all, I tell my kids to do X or Y, and they're like "Mom, you're crazy y'all", I don't care". (LAUGHS UPROARIOUSLY)

And the guest is just sitting there.  That's not why I tuned in to see the guest. 🙄

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I tell my kids to do X or Y, and they're like "Mom, you're crazy y'all",".  (LAUGHS UPROARIOUSLY)

And the guest is just sitting there.  That's not why I tuned in to see the guest. 🙄

THAT is what she should've named her band.."you're crazy y'all!"

• LOL 1

They finally changed the spiel that Kelly says when giving the $1000 to the person at the end of the show.  They realized that it's possible to promote the Pilot erasable pen without saying that it would be used to write the check!  Now I can stop yelling at/mocking Kelly for saying that.

• LOL 1

Sandra Bullock:  My parents were opera singers.  
Kelly:  Your parents are singers!
Sandra:  My parents WERE singers.  They're both dead.
Kelly:  But they were singers, though, okay, but that's cool!
Sandra:  That they're dead?

LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sandra Bullock:  My parents were opera singers.  
Kelly:  Your parents are singers!
Sandra:  My parents WERE singers.  They're both dead.
Kelly:  But they were singers, though, okay, but that's cool!
Sandra:  That they're dead?

LOL

What did Kelly say to that?  Omg!