Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's one thing to have Kelly from Montana explaining that the episode was taped a while ago, but they must think we're VERY stupid to have to have "Previously Recorded" plastered on the screen for 95% of the show.  They probably did this so excessively because of Rita Wilson being a guest, but WE GET IT ALREADY, show.  It reminded me of when Bobby Brown had done an interview with Queen Latifah's show back in 2015, but Bobbi Kristina went into a coma before the episode aired.  They decided it was okay to show it just a few weeks after the scheduled date.  Even they didn't use the "Previously Recorded" this much, although they certainly went to that in a hurry when Latifah had unfortunately asked, "How are your kids doing?" 

It was funny during the hot wing challenge in today's show when Rita was asked which role she would want to remove from her résumé, and Kelly immediately had to jump in and start complaining about "From Justin to Kelly" yet again even though it wasn't her question.

• Love 3
On 4/7/2020 at 4:57 PM, KWalkerInc said:

They probably did this so excessively because of Rita Wilson being a guest

I'm going to get to Rita Wilson in a moment. But yeah, we don't need to see "previously recorded" on a clip from Christmas complete with Christmas tree and elves.

Ok. Moving on to Rita Wilson. Happy she survived cancer. NOT happy she thinks she can sing. She might get by ok in a karaoke bar but seriously, she sucks at singing. And Kelly gushing and oohing at Rita's performance...PUHLEEZE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

When Rita was singing, I was just thinking about how depressing the song was.  Then I realized from the lyrics that this was probably why Kelly had said something during the interview about how much it sucks to sing at a funeral (because Rita had probably delved into the song), and I realized I probably hadn't been paying too much attention to the interview.  Kelly acts super-excited no matter who is singing.  I thought the K-Pop group a few weeks ago was pretty bad, but she loved them, of course.

Wednesday's episode was weird, with guests taped so long ago that Kelly would say their show was set to premiere in February or March, then they have to fill time with repeat segments with the excuse that these went viral, then back for "What I'm Liking."  Today's show is an actual rerun, and I guess she's trying to interview people from Montana on Friday.  (The cast of the "Trolls Worlds Tour" movie, which she is in.)

• Love 2

I always find Rita’s singing so boring.  She is okay compared to the average person but there is nothing interesting about her songs or performances.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

When Rita was singing, I was just thinking about how depressing the song was. 

I wasn't paying much attention to the interview Kelly did with Rita either. Apparently I had it all screwed up... I thought Rita was saying she had breast cancer but got treatment and is ok now. And thus, the song about celebrating one's life at their funeral was (not?) written by Rita. Sometimes the shows I watch are just background noise to keep me company...😄

• Love 3

I've always known Kelly is married to Reba McIntyre's (I spelled it wrong?) son, but I just saw a pic of him and he's very good looking. 

She's talented on her own, but she hit a home run with marrying a good looking guy with family money.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

Kelly looks good with no makeup (judging by her videos from her ranch in Montana).  I like her. Wish I could have that amount of money just from a singing career. But she really seems very much grounded and unaffected by her talent and fame.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Kelly looks good with no makeup (judging by her videos from her ranch in Montana).  I like her. Wish I could have that amount of money just from a singing career. But she really seems very much grounded and unaffected by her talent and fame.

I just don’t understand why she looks so much better for the Voice, whether it be on set or at her home.  It is like she purposely puts no effort into pulling herself together for her daytime show, and then looks pretty good for the Voice.   It is just strange.

• Love 2

Okay so she looks like Annie Oakley today!  lol.  It was so funny yesterday because my husband saw her intro and said it is funny how different she looks on the live videos from home than she does on her show, and then she comes on the show in some zebra dress that is as unattractive as most of her others--which proved the point.  He basically meant she looks a hundred times better in normal clothes and makeup, etc.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Okay so she looks like Annie Oakley today!  lol.  It was so funny yesterday because my husband saw her intro and said it is funny how different she looks on the live videos from home than she does on her show, and then she comes on the show in some zebra dress that is as unattractive as most of her others--which proved the point.  He basically meant she looks a hundred times better in normal clothes and makeup, etc.  

Well, she looks great in this video, no?

6 hours ago, cinsays said:

Well, she looks great in this video, no?

Yes, she looks different (makeup/styling) on The Voice and her talk show. For me, she could look like a carnival clown, but damn  that woman can sing!

• Love 7

The show was nominated for 7 Daytime Emmys, including Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show and Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for Kelly.  (I scrolled through the entire list to make sure one of the other nominations wasn't for costuming/styling.  😄)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ya'll, confess that I am officially a fan of the show; since I'm now working from home, and can't go to gym to unwind, she has been my go-to source for after work entertainment.

I can overlook the awful fashion choices and her extreme enthusiasm, which I find endearing. As a fellow southerner, I am here for the "ya'll's"-- use it all the time, too. I just hope she doesn't change and become a diva like Ellen is rumored to be.

...and congrats to her for the Daytime Emmy nominations!! It's well deserved!

Edited by sereion
  • Love 6

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce. She has two little ones. Sorry, but before the pandemic she was probably hardly ever home with all her jobs. Actually, maybe that is what kept their marriage going - distance. She wants more kids? Why with all the working she does? 45 million should do. GReed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce. She has two little ones. Sorry, but before the pandemic she was probably hardly ever home with all her jobs. Actually, maybe that is what kept their marriage going - distance. She wants more kids? Why with all the working she does? 45 million should do. GReed.

I agree, and it also goes to show that when a celebrity does the bragging type of interviews about their marriage it usually means something isn’t all right.  I have read some interviews about her marriage and found them a bit over the top.  And as for kids, I can see it if you had none but they had 4 altogether and she always said she considered his kids hers.  She can’t be ending a marriage over wanting another if all else was going well.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think we've been conditioned by other TV personalities that what we think of as "bragging" from Kelly just means "talking about". Like every time she talked about raising kids it sounds like hard work and a struggle, but she does it in a way that doesn't sound like complaining.

As open and as candid as Kelly is about her life there's still stuff she keeps private. It was only in 2017 eleven years after the fact she revealed that the same day she won two Grammys in 2006 she had a medical test where they said she had cancer and that's the real reason she was crying and emotional in her speeches. Then the next day it turned out to be a mix up and the results were actually negative and the doctors told her she was fine!

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/kelly-clarkson-opens-cancer-scare/story?id=45377680#referrer=https://www.google.com

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I think we've been conditioned by other TV personalities that what we think of as "bragging" from Kelly just means "talking about". Like every time she talked about raising kids it sounds like hard work and a struggle, but she does it in a way that doesn't sound like complaining.

As open and as candid as Kelly is about her life there's still stuff she keeps private. It was only in 2017 eleven years after the fact she revealed that the same day she won two Grammys in 2006 she had a medical test where they said she had cancer and that's the real reason she was crying and emotional in her speeches. Then the next day it turned out to be a mix up and the results were actually negative and the doctors told her she was fine!

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/kelly-clarkson-opens-cancer-scare/story?id=45377680#referrer=https://www.google.com

I like Kelly, don’t get me wrong.  But she doesn’t have to do interviews saying she and her husband are more “active” than her friend couples are, and such like that.  First of all no one needs to know that, and secondly I guess her activity didn’t keep the marriage going. It is things like that in any celebrity interviews that annoy me.  I wish her well and am sad they are divorcing.  They seemed like a nice couple. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Pretty much every Kellyoke song she's doing for the time being I can't help look for clues. Today is "Stay" by Lisa Loeb.

Yesterday, and I don't know if it was pretaped or not, but she was all excited about a woman that after being separated from her husband went on an all out life change.  She became much smaller, prettier, and won Miss Great Britain.  Kelly seemed a bit enamored with her. 

And...she is doing something like the lose the quarantine 15 or something.  Kelly never wants to talk about losing weight because she is always trying to tell people she is happier as a bigger person.  (I don't buy it for her personally, but that is what she tries to tell everyone)  So the fact she is even doing this topic tells me that she feels less comfortable about her weight as a single person.  Just a guess... 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, alexa said:

Yesterday, and I don't know if it was pretaped or not, but she was all excited about a woman that after being separated from her husband went on an all out life change.  She became much smaller, prettier, and won Miss Great Britain.  Kelly seemed a bit enamored with her. 

And...she is doing something like the lose the quarantine 15 or something.  Kelly never wants to talk about losing weight because she is always trying to tell people she is happier as a bigger person.  (I don't buy it for her personally, but that is what she tries to tell everyone)  So the fact she is even doing this topic tells me that she feels less comfortable about her weight as a single person.  Just a guess... 

She says when she was at her skinniest, around 2005, she was also at her least healthy. It's doubtful she'd want to go back to that, or could after two kids. Before she started dating Brandon in 2012, I thought she looked great. When she sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Not skinny but not fat either.

Kelly-Clarkson.thumb.jpg.5794f0b774caf9cbdad09bcd3e0c8c74.jpg

• Love 3

That is a good size for her, I agree.  I think where she lost me is when she kept gaining and gaining and gaining and instead of being realistic and saying what she probably really felt--which was that she needed to get healthy, etc, for her kids and for her--she would do those interviews saying what you said above.  She would say she was her least healthy when she was thin and then would go on about how happy she was at her current weight--and this was when she was way beyond overweight (before her weight loss she had last year). I never quite believed that is how she really felt, but that is up to her to decide. 

I hate when celebrities who are all heavy say they are happy and healthy. Fast forward a year later and they’ve lost all this weight and on the cover of people magazine about how they lost the weight y say how happy they are. I don’t care if you’re skinny or fat but don't be a hypocrite either. I remember when Chris Pratt posted an Instagram photo of himself all shirtless & buff after being heavy. I had never watched Parks & Recs and didn’t know who he was. The minute he lost the weight he became a big star. Kelly has been up and down. I know she had just lost a lot a weight a few years ago and was talking about it until the cows came home. Now, she put it back on. She’ll either hit the gym or stay as she is. It’s up to her but I don’t need to hear about it. I just like to hear her sing. I’ve been a big fan since Idol. Also, I haven’t watched her talk show. I think it’s a big hit, right? Good for her. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, alexa said:

she is always trying to tell people she is happier as a bigger person. 

I must have vision problems because I don't think Kelly is a big person. Not even a "bigger person".  Just IMO. Not disrespecting your viewpoint.

• Love 2
(edited)

What i don't understand is when these celebs go on their show looking like shit. Kelly, Rachael Ray come to mind. We get it that you are home and casual, but to me they both look like they grabbed a shirt or something from the hamper and were good to go. RR doesn't even look like she brushes her hair most days from home that i drive by. it almost feels fake like they are trying to prove something, maybe that they are just like us. LOl.

Btw, i don't watch either show really just drive by for snark! A little makeup and effort can make a big difference. Just imo of course!

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I must have vision problems because I don't think Kelly is a big person. Not even a "bigger person".  Just IMO. Not disrespecting your viewpoint.

I meant as she got larger, not making judgment about her weight.  Just talking about when she gained a lot of weight a few years back and was saying she was happier that way.  Talking about the differences in her own weight over time....not saying she is a huge person.  I think you missed my point.  Another person commented about her interviews on it too....the discussion was about that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, alexa said:

I meant as she got larger, not making judgment about her weight.  Just talking about when she gained a lot of weight a few years back and was saying she was happier that way.  Talking about the differences in her own weight over time....not saying she is a huge person.  I think you missed my point.  Another person commented about her interviews on it too....the discussion was about that.

I forgot Kelly has been much "bigger" at various times in her career. But I do understand what your saying.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2020 at 10:42 PM, chenoa333 said:

I don't think she's necessarily huge as there are some dresses she has worn where even at size "14" (depending on the brand), you still need to be 'thin enough' to fit in without major alterations to it.  I'm more annoyed as to what she wears on her talk show as they are NOT. FLATTERING!  At least on The Voice the clothes fit her better.  And she seemed to have a more laid back vibe when she was filming from Montana.  I

back to good stuff: I completely forgot about the Daytime Emmys, but huge congrats on her win!  

• Love 2

Style choices aside I love Kellyoke in quarantine because she doesn't yell "C'mon!" multiple times in the middle of a song the way she does when she sings something uptempo an audience! It's why I prefer slow ballads when she sings live.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Style choices aside I love Kellyoke in quarantine because she doesn't yell "C'mon!" multiple times in the middle of a song the way she does when she sings something uptempo an audience! It's why I prefer slow ballads when she sings live.

The Kellyoke and her segments at home are so much better than some of the stuff in the studio.  I agree!  I think it is also for me that she looks decently "styled" for whatever video she is doing.  She isn't overdoing it with odd clothing choices.  I just think she looks better and seems more normal in excerpts from home--much more quiet and comfortable.

• Love 2

I was surprised to come across a new episode yesterday.  Usually even the talk shows that air summer episodes shut down around mid-July until their season premieres in September.  I wonder if this was always planned, or if they ordered a certain number of episodes and are trying to make up for the ones that could not be made during quarantine when she was in Montana.

• Useful 1

I don't think that was the reason, because she didn't know she'd be doing that until a day or so ago after his accident.  It looks like she's having new episodes Monday through Thursday this week as well.  (The schedule always just gives a generic description for the next week.)

26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So why doesn't she always feel like smiling? Not making enough money? Not getting everything she wants in life? 

What? I mean the article touched on her divorce and the many ways in which this pandemic has affected people, herself included. Like, I get that celebrities do agree to live more in the public eye in exchange for the money, but they're still human. No one feels like smiling all the time.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, shantown said:

What? I mean the article touched on her divorce and the many ways in which this pandemic has affected people, herself included. Like, I get that celebrities do agree to live more in the public eye in exchange for the money, but they're still human. No one feels like smiling all the time.

I LIKE Kelly. I always comment on how much I like her. 

She can smile or not smile. But she still has more to smile about than most people. MOO. 

I have more than people in third world countries an I'm assuming you do too. That doesn't mean we're not allowed to  be sad or be depressed once in a while or that it's disrespectful to those less fortunate. People also act like running a show or performing isn't work. I love what the late, great comedian Bernie Mac said on Oprah when people say he doesn't have as much stress as ordinary person.

• Love 3

Kelly has looked amazing lately.  I guess divorce is agreeing with her.  Just kidding, not taking her divorce lightly, but she looks a lot different lately both on her show and on the Voice.  It is nice to see her in a wider variety of outfits, and not so many of the large, matronly dresses.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2020 at 7:36 AM, alexa said:

Kelly has looked amazing lately.  I guess divorce is agreeing with her.  Just kidding, not taking her divorce lightly, but she looks a lot different lately both on her show and on the Voice.  It is nice to see her in a wider variety of outfits, and not so many of the large, matronly dresses.

I noticed that too. I'm glad. Good for her.

Maybe it was the ex that was giving her the horrible wardrobe suggestions. 👿

• Love 1