Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

But I don't think all of these celebrities know what they're in for, and that's just the point.   Ellen likes that the guests don't know so she can scare the bejesus out of them.

They know!  They have MANAGERS and AGENTS who give them notes and tips for the show and its style.  And they're PROFESSIONAL ACTORS.  They KNOW how to act scared even when they're not.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

They know!  They have MANAGERS and AGENTS who give them notes and tips for the show and its style.  And they're PROFESSIONAL ACTORS.  They KNOW how to act scared even when they're not.  

I said I didn't think that all of the celebrities knew what they were in for.  Yes, some of them might know, but based on some reactions, I still believe that some of them are caught off guard.   It's still not a pleasant thing for me to watch any person getting the bejesus scared out of them.

We'll have to agree to disagree, and move on. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

At the risk of extending the Ellen discussion (sorry, Mods), whether celebrities know or don’t know they will have a scare pop up, I don’t like it. I don’t like that kind of surprise or scare and don’t find it funny.

As I said earlier, I love Kelly as a performer and I think she’s probably a cool chick, but she’s just too enthusiastic and a bit too loud for a host. I will check my DVR guide once in a while to see if she has a guest I like, but I am not going to record this show everyday. And I really wanted to like it, Y’ALL!

• Love 3

Y'ALL!!!!

KELLY PLEASE STOP YELLING

ALWAYS YELLING! 

YELLING DURING PROMOS

YELLING OVER THE AUDIENCE

YELLING IN AND OUT OF COMMERCIALS

SOMETIMES EVEN YELLING TO GUESTS BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM

just awful

• Love 5
On 11/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, seasons said:

Y'ALL!!!!

KELLY PLEASE STOP YELLING

ALWAYS YELLING! 

YELLING DURING PROMOS

YELLING OVER THE AUDIENCE

YELLING IN AND OUT OF COMMERCIALS

SOMETIMES EVEN YELLING TO GUESTS BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM

just awful

I could have been imagining things, but on Friday's show, she seemed much more restrained as if she was purposely trying to "talk" versus yell.  Perhaps she has been told to wind it down a bit, lol.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I could have been imagining things, but on Friday's show, she seemed much more restrained as if she was purposely trying to "talk" versus yell.  Perhaps she has been told to wind it down a bit, lol.

Lol. Maybe she heard me! 😮

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

What the F is Kelly wearing on her feet today? She's interviewing Kobe Brant. Her boots are so ugly...they look like they weigh 50 pounds. 

And I'm sick of hearing about her kids/husband/mother in law. I get it Kelly... it's a family show.

But we all know Kobe did what he did with another woman while he was married. You know what I'm sayin' YA' ALL?

• Love 3

I just started watching the show last week.  It is different from anything that I normally watch but weirdly, I am enjoying the show.  I agree Kelly is too loud.  She seems to be calming a bit more as she goes along.  I can see her getting good at this.  Then again, it could be that I am obsessed with the black and white striped outfit she is wearing today.  Want. Now. 

• Love 3

Does Kelly have no say in what she wears on her show? Today, her dress looked like a leftover remnant from a big top at Barnum & Bailey's old circus.

But aside from her stylist sucking at styling, I do like Kelly. She definitely has calmed down and isn't saying "y'all" every minute. She really doesn't seem affected at all by her success and the bitch can sing! 😄

• Love 2

I do love Kelly's music and her as a person because she is fabulous, but I have to take her in small doses ever since I watched her on The Voice because she exhausts me and overwhelms me.  Anyways, getting to my point finally, I caught a repeat of this show a few weeks ago where she was interviewing Sara Gilbert and Lord, the contrast between the two was so funny.  Quiet, unassuming, shy Sara and KELLY, Y'ALL!! 😳 It was definitely an exercise in contrasts.     

• Love 3
On 2/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, chenoa333 said:

Does Kelly have no say in what she wears on her show? Today, her dress looked like a leftover remnant from a big top at Barnum & Bailey's old circus.

But aside from her stylist sucking at styling, I do like Kelly. She definitely has calmed down and isn't saying "y'all" every minute. She really doesn't seem affected at all by her success and the bitch can sing! 😄

She has horrible taste in dressing herself, or a stylist does.  Either way, she does not wear anything that is very flattering to her figure.  For two years they have been trying to hide her in these strange dresses.  I wish she would wear some normal clothes once in a while.

• Love 3

I really like Kelly Clarkson.  She is a really good person.  She can really sing and she made two really good albums. 

Her winning moment on AI was rated by TV Guide as the 11th greatest moment in TV history.  In that moment, she looked cute in jeans and a red velvet jacket.  Unfortunately, that was the last time she would look cute in anything. 

Others have alluded to it here, without coming and saying it, but Kelly is a horrible dresser.  In fact, other than a video, where she probably didn't dress herself, I have never seen her in anything flattering since the Idol moment.  

And to go a little further,  I think she is the worst dressed celebrity I can think of.  The only one close is Whoopi Goldberg who dresses like a homeless person.  

Why don't her friends, agents, show runners tell her or help her out?  

She dresses like a cross between women prison warden and something from Alice in Wonderland.   Does the girl own a pair of blue jeans, a tshirt and some running shoes?  Something cute once in a while.

The funny thing is the one of few times I turned on her show, there was someone talking about fashion and helping an audience member.  I was hoping he would help out Kelly, but mention was ever made of it.

I watched the show with Simon and the gang on there, but talk shows are not my cup of tea, and are basically cheesy gab fests, so I don't watch it.

I'm glad Kelly is doing well.   I just wish she would dress as good as she sings. 

Cool beans, Kelly.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Parker said:

I really like Kelly Clarkson.  She is a really good person.  She can really sing and she made two really good albums. 

Her winning moment on AI was rated by TV Guide as the 11th greatest moment in TV history.  In that moment, she looked cute in jeans and a red velvet jacket.  Unfortunately, that was the last time she would look cute in anything. 

Others have alluded to it here, without coming and saying it, but Kelly is a horrible dresser.  In fact, other than a video, where she probably didn't dress herself, I have never seen her in anything flattering since the Idol moment.  

And to go a little further,  I think she is the worst dressed celebrity I can think of.  The only one close is Whoopi Goldberg who dresses like a homeless person.  

Why don't her friends, agents, show runners tell her or help her out?  

She dresses like a cross between women prison warden and something from Alice in Wonderland.   Does the girl own a pair of blue jeans, a tshirt and some running shoes?  Something cute once in a while.

The funny thing is the one of few times I turned on her show, there was someone talking about fashion and helping an audience member.  I was hoping he would help out Kelly, but mention was ever made of it.

I watched the show with Simon and the gang on there, but talk shows are not my cup of tea, and are basically cheesy gab fests, so I don't watch it.

I'm glad Kelly is doing well.   I just wish she would dress as good as she sings. 

Cool beans, Kelly.  

Oh, and today it is awful.  I am not sure why Kelly thinks she needs to hide herself behind some of these awful, huge dresses.  Today's look is like some bright curtains made into some weird dress concoction.  I mean, can they really not ever dress her in pants?  She isn't the largest woman in America or anything.  lol  And the dresses aren't exactly flattering.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Oh, and today it is awful.  I am not sure why Kelly thinks she needs to hide herself behind some of these awful, huge dresses.  Today's look is like some bright curtains made into some weird dress concoction.  I mean, can they really not ever dress her in pants?  She isn't the largest woman in America or anything.  lol  And the dresses aren't exactly flattering.

The stylists that are dressing her don't seem to have a friggin' clue as to how to dress a body that isn't shaped like Heidi Klum's or any other number of modelesque celebs.  They either put her in a huge dress to hide her figure or they put her in a super skintight body-con dress that squeezes her every curve.  I have seen her in latex on The Voice. 

Is there no in between?!  Like you said, how about pants!?  How about dressing her like a normal human being in oh, I dunno, just a regular fitting normal person dress? 

• Love 4

Oh poor Kelly. She's a pretty woman IMO.

And she's not even close to being fat. So why do her stylists dress her in clothes that make her look ridiculous? Big puffy sleeves, skirts down to her calves, black opaque stockings, big clunky heeled boots/shoes. She must be sweating like a bull waiting to be castrated. 

Kelly is not as large as Oprah but Oprah always dressed in flattering clothes. She never dressed to try to hide her size and looked very attractive.

I just feel bad for Kelly. She's beautiful but her stylists aren't showing that.

• Love 4

Oh dear lord Jesica Simpson is on today.  She still looks and sounds drunk but honestly she has always had that sort of slurry speech so I think that’s fine. However not to be mean but I think the fillers in her face might make talking a challenge, she looks like she’s had a stroke poor thing.  Like every word is a challenge to get out.  Kelly looks awful per usual.  She has had the worst stylist for years and she’s such a beautiful person.  I don’t get it.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

When the Dateline guys were asked about their most intriguing case, Keith Morrison mentioned the missing Idaho kids, SHE HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT.

Kelly seems pretty comfortable and knowledgeable when interviewing guests who talk about their kids, or they like doing arts and crafts. Or the guest loves puppies and babies. 

I'm just awestruck that she has not heard about the missing Idaho children. They've been in the headline news for months.

• Love 2

That's not surprising. But fortunately for Kelly, she won't become broke, or lose her home etc..,..unlike many of us who have no idea how we're going to survive now that our businesses are closed because of the corona virus.

But it looks like Kelly is still working as a judge on The Voice which is filmed live. Glad she'll still have an income. I wouldn't want life to get too tough for her.

• Love 2

OMG. Today’s outfit was absolutely hands down the worst outfit a host of any show has ever worn. A black leather one piece that made her look like a NASCAR pit crew member with thick chunky shoes with skinny stiletto heels. And the long sleeved pit crew suit was zipped all the way up with elastic along the back waist. 

Edited by Spunkygal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

OMG. Today’s outfit was absolutely hands down the worst outfit a host of any show has ever worn. A black leather one piece that made her look like a NASCAR pit crew member with thick chunky shoes with skinny stiletto heels. And the long sleeved pit crew suit was zipped all the way up with elastic along the back waist. 

I caught a glimpse of that pleather jumpsuit while channel surfing. I just don't understand how she can look so good on The Voice and so hideous on her talk show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

No. There is no way. Of course today is a repeat but today's outfit is a short red print Holly Hobbie long sleeve print dress with a high collar, paired with white clunky heel boots, almost like go -go boots. Beyond awful, just comical.

and Kelly yells so much, y'all. Awful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, seasons said:

No. There is no way. Of course today is a repeat but today's outfit is a short red print Holly Hobbie long sleeve print dress with a high collar, paired with white clunky heel boots, almost like go -go boots. Beyond awful, just comical.

and Kelly yells so much, y'all. Awful.

Haha!! I was thinking WTF are the stylists doing to her now?? Those boots...they were ugly and looked so cheap....like "I found these in a trash bin y'all" kind of cheap.

I also found it weird that Kelly always claims she can't own cats because she's allergic to them but had the little adoption kitten crawling on her and cuddling on her bosom! 

• Love 3

Today's episode (as well as tomorrow and Wednesday) are actually new.  I guess she had pre-taped a bunch of shows.  I had to watch on YouTube to see the kittens because that part of course gets interrupted for a special report.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, KWalkerInc said:

Today's episode (as well as tomorrow and Wednesday) are actually new.  I guess she had pre-taped a bunch of shows.  I had to watch on YouTube to see the kittens because that part of course gets interrupted for a special report.

I didn't get any interruptions of her show today (for the Trump/Corona conference.) I think it might have to do with the time zone one is in. 

I didn't know her show is available on YouTube. Thanks for that info.

• Love 1

I get the show at 3 PM Pacific, so I was surprised, because I had been reading that the press conferences are usually in the morning.  I think the YouTube channel might just be divided into segments of each show.  At the end, Kelly starts yelling at the watcher to subscribe to her channel.

• Love 1

I came here to see if people talked about Kelly’s wardrobe. And they do! OmG, where do they get these hideous outfits? She is a normal sized woman, not a model, not 300 pounds. She doesn’t need to hide every inch of her body in those horrible oversized dresses. I wish she’d call Christian Soriano. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I came here to see if people talked about Kelly’s wardrobe. And they do! OmG, where do they get these hideous outfits? She is a normal sized woman, not a model, not 300 pounds. She doesn’t need to hide every inch of her body in those horrible oversized dresses. I wish she’d call Christian Soriano. 

Lol! That's ALL we talk about here! Oops...forgot to say "Y'ALL".

Check out Kelly's wardrobe and make up when she's a judge on The Voice: 2 completely different women. She looks gorgeous and sexy. Then you see her on her talk show and it's like she's the granny version of Kelly. It's a rare phenomenon, an anomaly, an unexplained occurrence. Like a UFO. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Today the second half of the show was on.  I could record the repeat off Bravo I felt like it though.  When I turned over at the beginning, I could hear Lester Holt say some people were going back to regular programming, and then Kelly started singing, but the affiliate switched back to the press conference after 20 seconds or so.  I watched her sing on YouTube because that's the part that I always watch, regardless of guests and topics.  What was interesting was that when Kelly was shown singing, it said "Previously Recorded" on the screen, like no one could figure that out otherwise.  It's almost as bad as on American Idol last night, they would say that whenever Ryan mentioned the contestants going to Hawaii, but they put that on the screen even when actual clips of next week were shown.  I was thinking, "They are being SHOWN singing in Hawaii in the past, so I think we know it's recorded already, ABC."

• LOL 1

I co-signing with most of the comments; I love me some Kelly Clarkson, but she is doing the most on her show. It's just her first season, she'll either tone it down a bit, or the audience will get use to her hyper enthusiasm. I do like how she opens the show with a song; it adds a unique touch. 

• Love 2

It looks like next week they are having Kelly record a "message from Montana" at the beginning of the repeats that are being shown.  I was confused about why the episodes are listed as new on the cable guide, but I guess that is the reason.

• Useful 1
On 3/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, KWalkerInc said:

It looks like next week they are having Kelly record a "message from Montana" at the beginning of the repeats that are being shown.  I was confused about why the episodes are listed as new on the cable guide, but I guess that is the reason.

Why is she in Montana? I thought she lived in Texas. 

I could Google it but I'm being lazy.

• Love 1

Googled this (the article was from VelvetRopes.com):

Where Does Kelly Clarkson Live?

Kelly Clarkson lived in Hendersonville, TN (just outside Nashville) for several years until finally relocating to Los Angeles, California, where she’s a judge and mentor on NBC’s The Voice. She also films her talk show, The Kelly Clarkson Show, in LA.

Kelly Clarkson House Los Angeles

Located in Encino, an upscale, celeb-filled neighborhood in San Fernando Valley, Kelly Clarkson paid $8.5 million for this farmhouse-style mansion back in 2018. The custom-built home boasts 8-bedrooms, 11-bathrooms, and 9,839 square feet of living space, which is actually a major downsize from her last pad (you’ll see what we mean here shortly).

The charming abode has tall ceilings as well as wood beams made from reclaimed wood, handcrafted vintage barn doors, and custom blended brick floors. A kitchen spacious enough to facilitate an island is typically what everyone wants, right? Well, it was definitely something miss Clarkson wanted, because she has not just one, but three islands in her kitchen (it’s okay, take a moment to reflect on that, drool over it a bit, we’ll wait).

If you’re feeling envious over the kitchen, however, then the master suite is sure to have you turning an even deeper shade of green, since the spacious sleeping quarters has its own lounge, fireplace, patio space, and even a walk-in closet with – get this – two freakin’ built-in islands!

Continuing the Kelly Clarkson house tour: Notable indoor amenities include a game room, gym, theater, and a temperature-controlled wine cellar. As for outside entertainment, there’s a swimming pool & spa, an outdoor kitchen complete with a pizza oven and warming drawer, a sunken lounge with two firepits, a built-in daybed, and even a 2-story guest house.      

On 3/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, Spunkygal said:

I hadn't looked here that day but wondered how many other people were thinking WTF is she wearing?  lol.  And the same for the prairie dress mentioned below.  It just seems like her outfits get worse and worse.  I am not sure how she puts these things on and feels okay about it.

• Love 1

Where do her stylists find these hideous excuses for clothing? Do her stylists not have resumes? References? Maybe her stylists are friends of Kelly. Or Kelly's MIL Reba McIntyre? 

Hell, I could dress Kelly better than her stylists.

• Love 2

These are older shows right now but the blue dress yesterday and the red dress today aren't so bad!  They are actually somewhat fitted and do not look like a tent.   They are actually the kind of dresses a person might wear with her body type.  

• Love 1

I just watched Kelly's video from Montana. Yikes! She isn't ugly with no make up but it's a very different person looking at me!

Kelly's net worth (give or take accuracy) is 50 million. She and her husband own a ranch in Montana. That's where she's video taping her messages that we see where she's wrapped up in Eskimo clothing. 

She's done well for herself. She seems like a decent person. Like her or not, Kelly can sing. She can cover any song and nail it! 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I just watched Kelly's video from Montana. Yikes! She isn't ugly with no make up but it's a very different person looking at me!

Kelly's net worth (give or take accuracy) is 50 million. She and her husband own a ranch in Montana. That's where she's video taping her messages that we see where she's wrapped up in Eskimo clothing. 

She's done well for herself. She seems like a decent person. Like her or not, Kelly can sing. She can cover any song and nail it! 

Yes and it makes sense they spend this time in Montana since they probably hardly ever get to go there normally.  Now they have plenty of time.  

• Love 1