Type keyword(s) to search

Guardians of the Galaxy Mafia

• Start Topic

GOTG Mafia starts here...

"Showtime A-holes!"

Join Peter Quill aka Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot & Drax (and others) as they fight to save the galaxy from the evil that threatens us all.

GOTG_wpw_Poster.jpg

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Netflix-UK

The game will use both volumes 1 and 2 for its inspiration and feature music clips (*how can it not?) as well as gifs and perhaps movie clips too!

*giphy.gif

More details about the game will be announced once we get enough sign ups (and I figure out what they are - I have a plan okay, well 12% of a plan right now). 

Oh and for any Nova Corps assholes reading this:

giphy.gif

Please sign up below with 'I am Groot'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'm behind by about... all of them.

Which ones should I watch prior to the game? 

Guardians of the Galaxy only has two movies, so I would start with those. The characters though are featured heavily in Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame.  So maybe those 4, but you won't know most of the characters in those two because you have to have watched approximately 84 separate movies to get it all.

So I would watch the two Guardians of the Galaxy itself. 

4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

There is no reason not to watch the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. It is all sorts of fun, even if you know absolutely nothing about the MCU, or comic books, or anything. It stands on it's own just fine.

You can watch the second one as well, but it's not as much fun and does start to integrate these characters into the big picture where they move into the last two Avengers movies as @deaja just said.

Also, paging @Hanged Man and @meet trouble, don't be left looking in from the outside again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Drogo said:

8 minutes ago, deaja said:

Guardians of the Galaxy only has two movies, so I would start with those. The characters though are featured heavily in Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame.  So maybe those 4, but you won't know most of the characters in those two because you have to have watched approximately 84 separate movies to get it all.

So I would watch the two Guardians of the Galaxy itself. 

8 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

There is no reason not to watch the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. It is all sorts of fun, even if you know absolutely nothing about the MCU, or comic books, or anything. It stands on it's own just fine.

You can watch the second one as well, but it's not as much fun and does start to integrate these characters into the big picture where they move into the last two Avengers movies as @deaja just said.

Also, paging @Hanged Man and @meet trouble, don't be left looking in from the outside again.

Most importantly, you will then understand the references/jokes I made in the OP!

3 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Most importantly, you will then understand the references/jokes I made in the OP!

Agreed. I understood all of them. 

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

You should definitely at least watch the first Guardians movie. It's basically Star Wars crossed with a heist movie, with a healthy dose of humour, but not so much that it bogs down the plot. And it probably has the best jukebox soundtrack of any movie made in the past decade. I actually rank it among my favourite movies. Not just MCU movies. Movies, PERIOD.

Guardians 2 is just a bit weaker, in my opinion, but it's still a great movie. It goes a bit more in-depth with many of the characters, especially delving into their parental issues, but there's plenty of action, adventure, humour, and Kurt Russell in probably one of his best roles since he escaped New York. Plus, it's got closing credits you'll actually want to sit through.

Infinity War and Endgame are great movies, but you don't really need to worry about them right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

I've seen most of the first one, but all I really know is that Star Lord has some great dance moves and one of the best mix tapes ever, there's some very good humor, and of course, Groot is Groot.

Since the current game is pretty much just starting and I'm pretty sure one of my dozens of cable channels will show GotG at some point before PotC is over, I'm going to wait a bit before committing myself to the game.

27 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

I've seen most of the first one, but all I really know is that Star Lord has some great dance moves and one of the best mix tapes ever, there's some very good humor, and of course, Groot is Groot.

Since the current game is pretty much just starting and I'm pretty sure one of my dozens of cable channels will show GotG at some point before PotC is over, I'm going to wait a bit before committing myself to the game.

You can rent it on Amazon for $3! It's definitely worth $3!! 

• Love 2

Aww, @Drogo, how nice of you to use a quote I frequently use myself! ❤️

Seriously, I do need to wait and see how the current game progresses. In a couple weeks, I'll be back in France for ten days which tends to be a detriment to my ability to participate.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be able to play!!

• Love 1

So, seeing as I totally didn't get the memo about Mafia being reborn on here until after Pirates had already started, I have to make sure that I don't miss out on this next round.

So...I am...Groot...

1. Deaja
  2. Spruce
  3. Aquarian1
  4. JTMacc
  5. Lisin
  6. Machiabelly
  7. Drogo
  8. Deadpool
  9. festivus
  10. CP
  11. Lady Calypso
  • Love 3

Man I really need to start paying more attention to this website. On the plus side meet trouble is due back from France tonight and will probably sign up as well.

I am Groot

1. Deaja
  2. Spruce
  3. Aquarian1
  4. JTMacc
  5. Lisin
  6. Machiabelly
  7. Drogo
  8. Deadpool
  9. festivus
  10. CP
  11. Lady Calypso
  12. Hanged Man
Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2
On 10/18/2019 at 9:59 AM, saoirse said:
  • Deaja
  • Spruce
  • Aquarian1
  • JTMacc
  • Lisin
  • Machiabelly
  • Drogo
  • Deadpool
  • festivus
  • CP
  • Lady Calypso
  • Hanged Man
  • meet trouble
  • saoirse
  • 15. BizBuzz

I am Groot ...

I am also super rusty, so be kind.

::giggle::

P.S.  Gosh, I have missed you all...

• Love 5

Ooh, a game starting during a time that is not bonkers-busy for me!*

1. Deaja
  2. Spruce
  3. Aquarian1
  4. JTMacc
  5. Lisin
  6. Machiabelly
  7. Drogo
  8. Deadpool
  9. festivus
  10. CP
  11. Lady Calypso
  12. Hanged Man
  13. meet trouble
  14. saoirse
  15. BizBuzz
  16. garnetarden

*Who am I kidding - I’m always bonkers-busy. But I’m slightly less busy than I was during the last three games, so I’ll take what I can get.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, BizBuzz said:

I am Groot ...

I am also super rusty, so be kind.

::giggle::

P.S.  Gosh, I have missed you all...

Sorry this is off-topic but I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU THE OTHER DAY AND MISSING YOU, FRIEND!!!!!!

The game will commence with the Day 1 story posted on Monday 4th November.

Game details:

• This will be a standard full reveal game. (This means when a player 'dies' their full bio and any abilities will be posted at the bottom of each story).
  • All deadlines will be strictly enforced during the game without exception.
  • Players must post at least once during Day or lose use of any ability that Twilight/Night.
  • There will be no Day extensions during this game so if you want to vote on a DL please ensure you do not miss the deadline. As soon as the story is posted you may start a DL at your discretion. I'll do my best to give a time frame of when you can expect stories to be posted.
  • Whilst you are playing any game you may not alter any of your profile answers until after it ends.

PM's are going out now!

• Love 1