Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.e22a1d393f66a3d02180d8427c68aca6.png

From CBS.com

Lauren Beck
Biography

Hometown: Bakersfield, California and Rochester Hills, Michigan
Current residence: Glendale, California

Hobbies: Eating an entire bag of Hot Cheetos in one sitting while binge watching true-crime shows, laughing at my own jokes, writing/blogging, music festivals, talking people's ears off... my stepdad says I have the gift of gab, thanks Dad!

Pet peeves: People that take a French fry while asking "can I have a fry?" before I even get the chance to say yes, saying "literally" before every sentence (guilty), being late (if you're on time you're still late), talking in third person, and clapping when a plane lands.

Three words to describe you: Bubbly, adaptable, and diligent.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Moving across the country from Michigan to Los Angeles at 17 years of age and creating a stable life for myself. We all know Los Angeles rent is no joke, and even though a lot of people I know have moved home, I've been able to stick it out. Tenacity is my middle name!

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My stepdad, Charles. He has raised me since I was 10 months old, and is everything a girl could ask for. He always brings me Starbucks whenever I ask. It's the little things. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and my family.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
That I do one of the best Britney Spears impressions you've ever heard.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Troyzan because we're both hot, Cirie because she's the best social player to date DUH, and I also like to think of myself as a gangsta in an Oprah suit. And last but certainly not least, Sandra because I have no problem being cutthroat to make power plays to enhance my individual game. The queen stays queen!

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
My ability to connect with others is astronomical, I just love people! I have the physical and mental ability to see myself through to the very end. People tend to underestimate me which will definitely work in my favor. I plan to be the second black woman to win this game, hands down.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Nashville said:

And if paying rent in LA is your notion of a major life accomplishment, then I... don’t know what to say....

Have you ever tried? I tried San Francisco rent for a couple of years in my 40s. I came the hell back to Tucson. 😂😂😂😂

I can't imagine trying to pay coastal California rent at 17.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, azshadowwalker said:

Have you ever tried? I tried San Francisco rent for a couple of years in my 40s. I came the hell back to Tucson. 😂😂😂😂

Oh, I’m well aware of what the outrageous rent and property costs out there are like; I’m just saying (a) it’s kind of a self-imposed trial, and (b) unless you have a job or other obligation tying you to that specific geographic area, you’re punishing yourself unnecessarily.

Edited by Nashville
Rent, not tent - although given the context, both could apply....
  • Love 5
On 9/12/2019 at 1:04 AM, Nashville said:

Oh, I’m well aware of what the outrageous rent and property costs out there are like; I’m just saying (a) it’s kind of a self-imposed trial, and (b) unless you have a job or other obligation tying you to that specific geographic area, you’re punishing yourself unnecessarily.

You don't have to go to college, buy a house or buy a car, either, but lots of people are proud of being able to handle those things on their own. Nothing particularly wrong about being proud of doing something difficult that gets you the kind of life that you want to live, which is all she said.

There are also a lot of advantages to living in LA or San Francisco compared to a ton of places, especially the Midwest. Lifestyle advantages. Climate advantages. Job prospects. If I hadn't had kids to support, I would have stuck it out longer precisely for those reasons. A constant 60°, an actual job market in my field, and the cultural offerings are worth some sacrifice, especially if you are young and single. There's nowhere in the country like San Francisco, and I miss it terribly. I don't like LA, but a lot of people feel the same way about it. 

• Love 3
On 9/12/2019 at 2:37 AM, azshadowwalker said:

My daughter is there now at 21.  It's not easy, but she's doing it!

But, yeah, Lauren sounds all sorts of annoying. 

This is why I try not to read the bios, they all sound like the biggest braggarts in the world. 

So, ignoring the bio,  I came here to say how much I like her after last night's episode.  She's funny and sly, under the radar herself, but spotting the threats and doing something about it.  She's already in fourth gear for sure.

• Love 4

I'm still amazed Missy and Elizabeth have said nothing.  Not even a 'we are trying to think of the right words and unpack what happened' type of post.

I just felt Lauren just came off as cocky.  Her look at the second TC was not good.  Also, this is the second time I've seen someone say they didn't know Kellee's true feelings.  But I have a feeling Missy knew perfectly well.  So if everyone is being truthful in saying they didn't understand where Kellee was really coming from or the severity of the situation, if Missy knew but didn't say anything for game purposes, then I think even less of her.  

In the end though, what kind of conversation did the producers have with everyone?  Because some people seem surprised by what went down and last night seemed like they didn't have a care in the world about the situation.  Even Dan still seemed surprised by what had happened.  I don't get it.  I'm thinking now it was more lip service to please the audience.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Lauren's apology, or, if you interpret it like I do, "apology":

There's a few things that bother me with Lauren's apology. The first is her line about "I spoke to Dan and he stopped with me]", as if Kellee had not spoken to Dan or that the others who felt uncomfortable were more wrong in not telling Dan to stop. 

That, and Lauren mentions Janet's name in the first tweet and then nothing else.

And the tweets that she's liking about the whole situation are...not great. And she's talking about "Oh, but this happened to me to [by Dan]" and....look at how she didn't stand up for Kellee or for Janet during those days. 

I don't feel like this is a real apology. Lauren is still on the defensive, which is the worst place to be in. And she's not the one getting trashed the most! 

• Love 5

There was footage last night of Kellee telling Dan to stop touching her.  She said in confessionals she told him to stop and he didn't.  So what is everyone missing?  I get maybe they didn't see it out there, and that's what they are referring to.  It's really frustrating that the one person who should have been a part of this conversation wasn't allowed to speak, because she was on the jury.  If Dan was allowed to bring Kellee's name into it, Jeff should have allowed her to respond.  It wasn't a typical TC.    

And I agree @LadyCalypso, Lauren isn't even getting trashed to the extent of some of the others, and her apology came off not so great.  But at least she did apologize I guess.  She must have been doing some reading, because I see she said she didn't keep Dan around for her game.  

So far that I've seen, Tommy, Aaron, and Lauren have apologized, and Kellee, Janet, and Karishma have mentioned the issue.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, LadyChatts said:

There was footage last night of Kellee telling Dan to stop touching her.  She said in confessionals she told him to stop and he didn't.  So what is everyone missing?  I get maybe they didn't see it out there, and that's what they are referring to. 

I vaguely remember Kellee talking about how uncomfortable Dan was making her to some of the other players in the first episode and getting their advice on what she should say to him, but I can't remember who she was talking to now. Even if it wasn't Lauren specifically, I don't believe for a second that she didn't know. It wasn't like Kellee was keeping her feelings a secret, and the other women had discussions about Dan as well where someone had to have mentioned what Kellee was going through.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, fishcakes said:

vaguely remember Kellee talking about how uncomfortable Dan was making her to some of the other players in the first episode and getting their advice on what she should say to him, but I can't remember who she was talking to now. Even if it wasn't Lauren specifically, I don't believe for a second that she didn't know. It

It was Lauren. Molly was seen talking to Janet. Then later Kellee was shown speaking to Janet and Lauren. 

Kellee said Dan is very touchy. Lauren questioned, “It’s too much for you?” and Kellee responded, “I don’t like to be touched. It’s too much for Molly, too.”

• Love 1