Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/9/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Very unpopular, but I really like Kim K when she's away from the members of her family. I thought she was very likeable in this interview (other than saying her test scores were the highest ever seen).

All the eyerolls at Meghan asking her about grief and how to deal with her dad's death when Kim's dad died 16 years ago. Meghan always has a way to turn conversations back to herself.

• Love 14

Kim was sure stammering around when Joy asked her if she had help with her kids.  Gee, Kim, we all thought you were dragging four kids around NYC with you while you're making the Talk Show rounds this week.

I actually find her more likeable than I expected to, but, will always hold her being married to Kanye against her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Yes, and he's created other fictional Maine towns (Castle Rock, Jerusalem's Lot). Some are set elsewhere. I think both The Shining and Misery are set in Colorado.

Castle Rock was filmed in Orange MA.  As an adult I moved to and  lived in the neighboring town for over 40 years.  Many of my friends were extras and aside from the main road being blocked on occasion having the film crew there was interesting and enjoyable. It is fun to see what they did to the store fronts.  Orange is a perfect setting for Stephen King.  They didn't have to make it look worn out, it already was! 

I haven't watched it yet but came here to see what our gun toting twat was going to say about Beto. Maybe they told her to back off her broken record spew since it would be painfully redundant. 

Edited by Trapeze
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Did Whoopi say, stop trying to make me show the clip?

I'm half asleep, but that was uncalled for. I know they love Biden, but he worries me a little. Joy pointing out age, doesn't help jmho

I haven't watched yet....but I hope that she says that once too often and they show the damn clip anyway and cut off her mic.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I haven't watched yet....but I hope that she says that once too often and they show the damn clip anyway and cut off her mic.  

It is unbelievable to me that the two co hosts that are the most troublesome to put it mildly (Whoopi & Meghan) are the two that are catered to.  Joy who has been a loyal employee for over 20 years has been let go once and not appreciated since her return.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I had forgotten that the commercials are basically just as long as the segments. Ana, where are you? I sure as hell did not miss Whoopi going on and on. Sunny's makeup is not good. She needs smaller spiders on her eyes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I appreciate Sunny finally giving voice to the opinion of a great deal of people out there that feel Biden is a weak candidate and who are tired of the media (The View being one of the worst examples) basically acting as members of Biden's campaign propping him up at every turn. I mean, even when she was speaking, they tried to do it again, with Whoopi interjecting with a lie that he didn't say "The details don't matter." Sunny's right that it's his own ineptitude that repeatedly opens himself to these attacks, it's his own incompetence that is responsible for gaffe after gaffe, and only the fact that he's "grandpa" saves him because people pity him when the younger candidates go after him. That's not going to benefit him when he's running against someone equally old in the general. I think the show's blatant and OTT attack of Kamala Harris last week is what finally woke Sunny up. I hope she continues to give voice to Biden's weaknesses on this show from here on out.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 23
30 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It is unbelievable to me that the two co hosts that are the most troublesome to put it mildly (Whoopi & Meghan) are the two that are catered to.  Joy who has been a loyal employee for over 20 years has been let go once and not appreciated since her return.

Production  appreciates and values Joy.  That is obvious to me. Barbara and Bill fired her, who knows why. 

I agree with everything you said, @TheGreenKnight

Edited by Trapeze
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I appreciate Sunny finally giving voice to the opinion of a great deal of people out there that feel Biden is a weak candidate and who are tired of the media (The View being one of the worst examples) basically acting as members of Biden's campaign propping him up at every turn.

There are people who don't watch the debates and don't watch the news but watch the View so they are only seeing what the co hosts say about Biden. It is quite nauseating to watch.  They continue to prop up a weak candidate.

• Love 7

Ridiculous how much the panel kisses ass to Biden. If Bernie was up there or any candidate fumbling his/her words, dentures falling out like Biden last night they would chastise them nonstop, (hell they kinda were, Abby made fun of Bernie's appearance and Meghan made fun of his hoarse voice) they act like all of America want him to be president mostly people ages 50+ want Joe, for example my mom wants him on the other hand my dad is in between. Bernie is my age group of supporters ages 18+ (I'm 20) I am a Bernie supporter for the record. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Ridiculous how much the panel kisses ass to Biden. If Bernie was up there or any candidate fumbling his/her words, dentures falling out like Biden last night they would chastise them nonstop, (hell they kinda were, Abby made fun of Bernie's appearance and Meghan made fun of his hoarse voice) they act like all of America want him to be president mostly people ages 50+ want Joe, for example my mom wants him on the other hand my dad is in between. Bernie is my age group of supporters ages 18+ (I'm 20) I am a Bernie supporter for the record. 

And BTW what Castro said was no way ageist, he was pointing out how Biden keeps forgetting things it was no dig at his age at all, Sanders and Warren are both in their 70s as well you don't see them get forgetful. The media as always, will mix this up, plus Castro has no chance of winning so what's the big deal. 

• Love 5

I don't watch the Kardashian's so I have no idea how much they talk about grief on their show.

But I loved Kim's response to MM  - basically celebrate his life with family, place of worship (if you do), and read this book. 

MM, imo, makes her grief so much worse by counting the days and trying to make grief one of her causes.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I don't watch the Kardashian's so I have no idea how much they talk about grief on their show.

But I loved Kim's response to MM  - basically celebrate his life with family, place of worship (if you do), and read this book. 

MM, imo, makes her grief so much worse by counting the days and trying to make grief one of her causes.

I swear she acts she is the only person on earth to grieve. (Meghan) 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I appreciate Sunny finally giving voice to the opinion of a great deal of people out there that feel Biden is a weak candidate and who are tired of the media (The View being one of the worst examples) basically acting as members of Biden's campaign propping him up at every turn. I mean, even when she was speaking, they tried to do it again, with Whoopi interjecting with a lie that he didn't say "The details don't matter." Sunny's right that it's his own ineptitude that repeatedly opens himself to these attacks, it's his own incompetence that is responsible for gaffe after gaffe, and only the fact that he's "grandpa" saves him because people pity him when the younger candidates go after him. That's not going to benefit him when he's running against someone equally old in the general. I think the show's blatant and OTT attack of Kamala Harris last week is what finally woke Sunny up. I hope she continues to give voice to Biden's weaknesses on this show from here on out.

I like Biden.  I really do.  THAT said, I think his time has passed.  Although I would vote for him if he were the candidate.  I really thought his age was showing last night.  I am tired of the debate moderators trying to make the candidates fight.  I don't want them to fight, I want them to just state their differences.  Then all come together for whoever wins and the winner (provided they become president) can give them all appts in their cabinet.  We have almost an embarrassment of riches in regards to the candidates.  I like all of them (well there is one I don't like a whole lot but would vote for him).

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

And BTW what Castro said was no way ageist, he was pointing out how Biden keeps forgetting things it was no dig at his age at all, Sanders and Warren are both in their 70s as well you don't see them get forgetful. The media as always, will mix this up, plus Castro has no chance of winning so what's the big deal. 

I agree, butting heads with him isn't ageism at all. Hillary was old, too, but she wasn't constantly stumbling over her words. She was on her game nearly the whole campaign, and so is Warren this year, for example, even if I'm not necessarily rooting for Warren to be the nominee. I wonder if Sanders or Warren were to say the exact same thing to Biden as Castro and in the same way, would the ladies of The View still disregard it as ageism? lol The truth is age is individual. Some people are with it their entire lives, others not so much. Joy and Whoopi are a perfect example. Whoopi isn't even as old as Joy, and yet she's always fumbling, inarticulate, discomposed, and nonsensical. Barbara showed her age much worse than Joy, too.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Since Ana is not on again today, I went to The View's Facebook page and she is not listed as a host.  Is she off the show?

I hope not. Also why has Whoopi been there for the first two Fridays in the new season.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, rcc said:

I hope not. Also why has Whoopi been there for the first two Fridays in the new season.

I doubt she will see it but I sent her a tweet asking if she will be back because the view needs a reasonable and intelligent Republican view.  HA!

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

It's possible that Whoopi is being used on Fridays now because later she will be absent to do her filming for The Stand, and then we may see Ana again.

I thought of that as well.  I hope Ana is still around. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I doubt she will see it but I sent her a tweet asking if she will be back because the view needs a reasonable and intelligent Republican view.  HA!

I'm a "super fan" on FB, so I DM'd her.  No response, but she was on Jake's show this afternoon with an all woman panel.

53 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

It's possible that Whoopi is being used on Fridays now because later she will be absent to do her filming for The Stand, and then we may see Ana again.

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

• Love 9

So is it the media’s (incl The View) propping of Biden creating his enormous poll numbers or are the high numbers making the media (incl The View) conclude that he is the only candidate who is guaranteed to beat Trump?  Chicken/egg. I’m with Joy and will vote for any of them and will keep in mind that, as she said, it’s a vote for an administration, not just one person. 

Bernie is a crabby old man. Get off his lawn! 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So is it the media’s (incl The View) propping of Biden creating his enormous poll numbers or are the high numbers making the media (incl The View) conclude that he is the only candidate who is guaranteed to beat Trump?  Chicken/egg. I’m with Joy and will vote for any of them and will keep in mind that, as she said, it’s a vote for an administration, not just one person. 

I was young but watching him last night he resembled Mr Magoo to me. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

ABC has definitely decided to go to bat for Biden. They rushed to defend him against Castro, and of course, The View repeats the company line that Castro was mistaken (he wasn't). Castro was obnoxious, in my opinion,  but he wasn't wrong. 

When does the Biden goodwill run out, though? Can you imagine what the ladies and Meghan would say if anyone else stated that the real problem of racism is that black parents don't know how to parent their kids? Whoopi, for one, would flip!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Trapeze said:
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Production  appreciates and values Joy.  That is obvious to me. Barbara and Bill fired her, who knows why. 

Fortunately, they recognized their error and rectified it as soon as contract negotiations would allow.  Perhaps fan uproar had something to do with it.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5
On 9/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, Orillia said:
On 9/12/2019 at 10:34 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I know we often mock Whoopi's rambling and inability to make her point, but today she said something so moving, so evocative, I will never be the same:  "Ya know when ya know, ya know?".  We should all be guided by these words.

That Whoopie ...... she has a real way with words.

I "enjoyed" when she refused to allow Production to show a clip because she wasn't finished.  SHE had something to say...and then she was interrupted by several ladies at the table.  She's getting worse.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Haleth said:
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

Boo-hoo Whoopie...and those 9000 hours a week that you work (her words, not mine) 🙄

Ok, she's at the View studio for 5 4 hours.  What accounts for the other 8996?

Vapin' that ganja might cause her to lose track?

Speaking of vaping.  Wonder if any of her attending doctors/medical professionals voiced concern about cause-and-effect.   Vaping. Pneumonia? Pneumonia. Vaping?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder if Sanders or Warren were to say the exact same thing to Biden as Castro and in the same way, would the ladies of The View still disregard it as ageism? lol The truth is age is individual. Some people are with it their entire lives, others not so much. Joy and Whoopi are a perfect example. Whoopi isn't even as old as Joy, and yet she's always fumbling, inarticulate, discomposed, and nonsensical. Barbara showed her age much worse than Joy, too.

I was startled by VP Biden's "enhancements."  Too many nips/tucks and cosmetics.  So shiny.  So sad.  If he does debate Trump and his face hasn't relaxed yet, there will be way too many quick and cruel Trumpisms shooting his way.  His eyes! His eyes!

On topic, kinda.  Here's a picture of Ana Navarro and her 71-year-old husband.

AnaNavarroShark.jpg.8646348c19907dd119bef7388c6f57ff.jpg

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Fortunately, they recognized their error and rectified it as soon as contract negotiations would allow.  Perhaps fan uproar had something to do with it.

According to Ladies who Punch, viewership plunged dramatically when they fired Joy. Apparently Whoopi wasn't as big a draw as TPTB thought.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 9/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, General Days said:

In the real world, there is a real town called Derry, New Hampshire.

[On second read, the above sounds snarky. I didn't mean it as such. I was just trying to be specific. Apparently I have resting bitch font, in addition to resting bitch face.]

King's Derry (not Derby) is fictional, and it is Derry, Maine. Derry is only the setting for It and a few other stories, but then it is referenced in several of his other works.

Yes, and he's created other fictional Maine towns (Castle Rock, Jerusalem's Lot). Some are set elsewhere. I think both The Shining and Misery are set in Colorado.

I'm really bummed I missed his episode.  Did it air Wednesday? I'm trying to find it.

You are right @General Days, it is Derry. Typo on my part.  Hmmm it was either Weds or Thurs.  Im leaning towards Thurs.  No prob on the snark, i have the same RBxxxxx hah

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 3:51 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Most of the books I’ve read have been set in Maine, which is where King was born and raised. 

Yeah that was one of our first adventures when i moved to Boston, was to take the weekend and try to find his farmhouse. Heehee oh those were the days.  I would have had better luck just camping out at Fenway Park, as he has season tix and is always at the games.  I'll tell ya though his neighbors are fiercely  protective, be it Maine or Fenway, they are so over intruders LOL

• LOL 1
On 9/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, sevenrings said:

Sometimes it seems all the other ladies get annoyed with Sunny. They all seemed over it during her tirade about the clown and stuff.

Also was JLo's segment cut? I was excited for her interview. Her new movie looks really good and she's been getting Oscar buzz for the first time in her career, so I really wanted to see her talk about it. 

Hmmm i believe so.  @sevenrings, Was she on the same day as SK?  I was thinking the same thing about SK, that it wasnt very long. They give more time to the politicians, then they do with actually interesting people like JL, and SK. **hmmph**  🤔  me trying to be indignant  LOL

• Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 1:34 PM, rcc said:

Well the first one i think was because they were all off Monday for the holiday.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

The truth is age is individual. Some people are with it their entire lives, others not so much. Joy and Whoopi are a perfect example. Whoopi isn't even as old as Joy, and yet she's always fumbling, inarticulate, discomposed, and nonsensical. Barbara showed her age much worse than Joy, too.

Definitely aging is individual, but don't overlook the fact that Barbara is about 13 years older than Joy, & finally retired (well, was removed) in her mid-80's. There's usually a significant drop in function as we (if lucky) toddle into our REALLY OLD years (as opposed to our swingin' 60/ 70's.) 

• Love 5

And, as an old crone meself, it always gives me pause when some folks are concerned that not much/anything has been heard of Barbara lately - really, how many nonagenarians do we find kicking up their heels outside of their home/residential care?  Well, Jimmy Carter!! (Good works may truly be the ticket!) George Bush (elder) & spouse - but he apparently needed a keeper (#metoo.) Meghan's gran - takes a very nice pic, but haven't seen her on social media, etc. Just realized all these long-lived folks were/are also RICH - could it possibly be that great (costly) med care/insurance prolong longevity?  Mine not to reason why, mine but to do AND die.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'm sure the reason Whoopi's been there on Fridays, and Ana hasn't, is because it's sweeps month. They require the main hosts to be there for the full month. Hopefully, when sweeps is over, Whoopi will be off on Fridays again, and Ana will be back.🤞

(I never get done reading this thread until the end of the week,or into the next, which is why I never post.😉)

• Useful 2