Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/9/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, xingu said:

bannana,

With all due respect, I have no idea what your last post meant or how it relates to The View.  Did I just cross into a portal known as "The Canadian View"?

You did! 😀It was all about our Canadian US Open champion Tennis player Bianca.  And where she lives.   And Mississauga vs. Toronto.  And...oh never mind, it's a Canadian thing. 🙃

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

One thing I do think Meghan was incorrect about is Mark Halperin exposing himself to women.  I didn't think that he did that particular disgusting thing, so i looked it up to make sure -Huffington Post.)

Saying something like that when it isn't true can get you sued.

Unless you're on "The View" and your last name is McCain.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If Billy Bush had of told Trump he was "crude & disgusting" ... Billy would have been toast ... immediately.  But, he did actively encourage the women to "be nice" to Trump.  Just sayin'.

True & true.  Billy Bush got a raw deal.  He's not innocent but the crime did not fit the punishment, especially for something that happened years before Trump was running.  NBC knew about it way back then and did nothing until it became a story.  

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Note to self: When traveling to a foreign country be sure to study how to react to the murder of someone close.  Thanks, Joy. (What a dumb observation. )

I don't think Joy's observation was "dumb," it just needed further explanation.  When in Rome....

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I don't think Joy's observation was "dumb," it just needed further explanation.  When in Rome....

It would never occur to me to learn how to properly react to being accused of murder in a foreign country.  Is it listed in the guidebooks?  😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I like what Abby had to say, I just like to hear another perspective, other than cheap jabs.

So do I.  She gets a lot of heat on this board but I find Abby to be a calming spirit.  She can deliver her points w/o being harsh and on the attack like her pal.  Everyone on the panel seems to like her.  I'm glad she's back.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, A.J. said:

True & true.  Billy Bush got a raw deal.  He's not innocent but the crime did not fit the punishment, especially for something that happened years before Trump was running.  NBC knew about it way back then and did nothing until it became a story.  

NBC may have been looking for a way to get rid of Billy and as luck would have it...    I think he's another of those who are somehow entitled due to a famous surname.  I won't be watching because I never did.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13

You did! 😀It was all about our Canadian US Open champion Tennis player Bianca.  And where she lives.   And Mississauga vs. Toronto.  And...oh never mind, it's a Canadian thing. 🙃

Thank you for that explanation.  I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.

IMO, someone at NBC had a hard on for Billy Bush and wanted him out.  As he explained to Gayle it was a no win situation.  He either calls out their ratings grabber, Trump, or he plays along.  He chose the latter and it cost him dearly.  This, to me, exemplifies what is wrong with our media:  whoever gets the most eyeballs wins.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 11

Megan has been looking very pretty this season.  It was nice to see her laugh along with the cohosts. She does seem a little lighter in her grief this season   

I like joy but feel she really needs to stop making everything about Trump.  Agree and disagree with Joy about Billy Bush and Al Franklin.  Franklin should have had due process not given a pass because he is smart and a good senator.  Billy Bush misdeeds seems so light compared to others.   He acted like an idiot but the other idiot is our president.  Bush never fit in with the today show.  Al really seemed to hated him.  JMHO.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

NBC may have been looking for a way to get rid of Billy and as luck would have it...    I think he's another of those who are somehow entitled due to a famous surname.  I won't be watching because I never did.

Far be it from me to defend Billy, because I'm not sure how I feel about him (met him once, and he seemed like a likeable fellow), but he had a long running radio show when he lived in DC during the '90s, before moving to California. But. Before we knew about this disgusting behavior toward Nicole, and his yukking it up on that tape, he was defending that dude at the Olympics a few years ago...I forget his name.

But yeah, there's a history there.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said just because your parent was really good at something doesn't mean you are. Really Meghan? Then why do you call yourself a political pundit? You have no qualifications for that other than you are a child of a politician.

I love this post so much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I tuned in briefly because I noticed several of you mentioning Sunny's new hairstyle. I think she looks great!

Side note and hopefully not off-topic, but on the bottom of the screen it mentioned the Dem debate tomorrow on ABC. What the hell?! I forgot that was coming up. Time is flying by.

They're talking about John Bolton and I am THRILLED he's gone. I just saw a list of all the people who've been fired or have resigned from this administration and I actually agree with Abby - Trump is running this thing like it's a reality show. Non-stop chaos. 

Anyway I just want to see the Stephen King interview. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe it’s me, but, Whoopie is not making a lot of sense to me today.

Yeah, she’s fumbling for words even more than usual. I had no idea what she was trying to say. 

Aww, bummer. I didn’t know the new version of The Stand will be on All Access. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe it’s me, but, Whoopie is not making a lot of sense to me today.

Just today?   Lol.   And no, it's not just you; she's having a heck of a time trying to make sense.   Is it just her usual nonsensical self, or is she having intermittent medical issues?   I don't wish her ill at all, but it she can't speak coherently on a TALK show, maybe she and TPTB should rethink this whole thing.   I'd love to have a moderator who could keep the conversational flow going without bringing it to a screeching halt herself.  And one who wasn't so cranky all the time.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

It sounds like we might have Joy as moderator more often, since ABC is giving Whoopie time off to film The Stand (one of my favorite books ever).  I wonder if it also means we'll be seeing more of Ana?

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I tuned in briefly because I noticed several of you mentioning Sunny's new hairstyle. I think she looks great!

I don't mind the bangs, but I hate them when she plays the coy ingenue with them covering her right eye. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Isn't Gabriel 16?  Not only was your mom alive on September 11th, you were too!  She's not doing him favors with telling that story.

Help me out here. Who is Gabriel? And who is she? Mom?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Isn't Gabriel 16?  Not only was your mom alive on September 11th, you were too!  She's not doing him favors with telling that story.

No, he wasn't. Because math.

21 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Thank you. It's turning this show, into something  very stale. I never call her effin this, or the b word, but enough Joy,please.

I loved what Meghan said about NY. I have several friends that live there, and every time we visit, I'm reminded how great of a city it is.

I had company, so didn't watch King, now I'm wondering if I should bother.

The bangs look plastered down, I'm betting she'll go back to her other style. Today her hair looked greasy.

What MM said about NYC was positively hilarious since she's stated so many times how much she dislikes NYC, even saying that she can't wait "to get the hell out of" NYC in an live video on social media a few months ago. She's proud of her city today and then will go back to Litterbox Queen tomorrow.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
45 minutes ago, deirdra said:

9/11 was 18 years ago.

I know!  I had a Gabriel Hostin moment.  Sorry!

33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Help me out here. Who is Gabriel? And who is she? Mom?

Yep.  Sunny's boy.  He apparently thinks 9/11 was more than 50 years ago.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Aileen said:

No, he wasn't. Because math.

What MM said about NYC was positively hilarious since she's stated so many times how much she dislikes NYC, even saying that she can't wait "to get the hell out of" NYC in an live video on social media a few months ago. She's proud of her city today and then will go back to Litterbox Queen tomorrow.

I'm as bad at math as Sunny!  You know, Bethenny Frankel viciously attacked poor little 4 y/o, uh 7 y/o, uh . . . yeah that was before Beth's baby was born so let's correct the age . . . 

Sorry!  Math is actually one of my faves.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Crap minutes in and I’m sick of Whoopi’s lectures.  What a difference with a Meredith Vieira moderator.    

I’m confused with MM going on about New York like she was in love with it.  I got the impression she hated it and can’t wait to get out. She’s attacked the minute she steps out of her apartment to come to work, and can’t eat in restaurants and only vacations in red states  

A good deal of topics are Trump related and occupies much too much our lives unfortunately. It never occurred to me that once the election happened that it would be a daily irritation. This show is considered news/ political now so how can Trump be avoided? 

A day without Megun telling us she’s a conservative would be nice. 

redHead typing at the same time! 

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I happened to love what she said about NY, it had all the feels of how I feel. It wasn't hilarious to me!

...but she's expressed repeatedly in the past how she really feels about NY and it's nothing like what she said today.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

...but she's expressed repeatedly in the past how she really feels about NY and it's nothing like what she said today.

And speaking for myself, know WHY she said what she said today of all days. If she had reiterated her true feelings, AGAIN, about how she detests New York, it wouldn't have gone down well at all. Then again, She's "JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!" so that alone would probably give her a pass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Far be it from me to defend Billy, because I'm not sure how I feel about him (met him once, and he seemed like a likeable fellow), but he had a long running radio show when he lived in DC during the '90s, before moving to California. But. Before we knew about this disgusting behavior toward Nicole, and his yukking it up on that tape, he was defending that dude at the Olympics a few years ago...I forget his name.

But yeah, there's a history there.

Ryan Lochte 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I hate when they do ridiculous stories like, the Nick Jonas story. Who cares if people are pissed he is smoking a cigar. Don't talk about it and people will move on to something else in about 2 seconds.  It's so stupid because nobody cares. And of course  Meghan had to make it about her and people hating on her for smoking a cigar. 

Stephen King is an interesting man.

Whoopi, what?

The 9/11 conversation was 2 conversations not one mangled conversation. 

Should news programs show the towers fall over and over?, I don't think so.

Should movies and TV shows not include the twin towers if they were there during the time the movie is set? Of course they should,  at least that's how I feel.

Trigger is not the same as remembering Abby and Meghan. 

I think Joy was annoyed with Sunny's over the top fear of a fake clown😂 

I hate people scaring me but calm down Sunny. 

Sunny looked great in that dress and love her hair.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I hate when they do ridiculous stories like, the Nick Jonas story. Who cares if people are pissed he is smoking a cigar. Don't talk about it and people will move on to something else in about 2 seconds.  It's so stupid because nobody cares. And of course  Meghan had to make it about her and people hating on her for smoking a cigar. 

Trigger is not the same as remembering Abby and Meghan. 

I think Joy was annoyed with Sunny's over the top fear of a fake clown😂 

I hate people scaring but calm down Sunny. 

Sunny looked great in that dress and love her hair.

Yes!!!!!!!!

Their vocabulary (or lack thereof) alone is why I have a hard time with them in general. I am an English teacher, so I can absolutely understand about fumbling for a word, especially in the morning and with an audience, but to use a word with a completely different connotation? It completely changes the tone, interpretation and how others will respond to the original comment, whether it's written down or spoken.

These are the exact moments when I can (usually) identify who reads regularly and who doesn't.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, maggie263 said:

Wasn't Jennifer Lopez supposed to be on today? Did I miss something? 

I did not watch but was literally just this minute looking at pics of her at the Daily Mail website saying they were pics of her on her way to The View.  ??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Their vocabulary (or lack thereof) alone is why I have a hard time with them in general. I am an English teacher, so I can absolutely understand about fumbling for a word, especially in the morning and with an audience

Whoopi should learn to wait until she has thought of the words she needs BEFORE she starts talking.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, A.J. said:

So do I.  She gets a lot of heat on this board but I find Abby to be a calming spirit.  She can deliver her points w/o being harsh and on the attack like her pal.  Everyone on the panel seems to like her.  I'm glad she's back.  

Like an ESA (emotional support animal)?  HA!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, xingu said:

Thank you for that explanation.  I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.

IMO, someone at NBC had a hard on for Billy Bush and wanted him out.  As he explained to Gayle it was a no win situation.  He either calls out their ratings grabber, Trump, or he plays along.  He chose the latter and it cost him dearly.  This, to me, exemplifies what is wrong with our media:  whoever gets the most eyeballs wins.

I completely get it and can see the pickle he was in.  BUT, until SOMEONE does the right thing it will be status quo.  I think he may have been fired for calling Trump out for being a misogynistic dick but other doors may have opened. Plus he could look at his daughters without shame for not accepting a woman being treated poorly to save his own ass.  I think he was a coward.  He had his name to protect him and was able to come back after some time.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 12

Add me to the list of those who were shaking their heads at Sunny's son's comment about "You were alive for 9/11??".      I'm assuming he knows how old is mother is; I'm assuming he heard '18th year since 9/11' on the news somewhere;  I'm assuming he's got a modicum of smarts since his mom is a lawyer and his dad is a doctor.    He couldn't put the clues together and realize she was no only alive, she was an adult on that day.   Maybe he's just really really bad at math.    And it's really all on Sunny for even repeating that story.   She should have realized how crazy it sounded.   I'd hate to be a child of any of the hosts, as nothing said or done at home seems sacred.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Whoopi, stop lecturing the viewers!  She lectured people who don't want Nick Jonas to smoke cigars, she lectured people who vape, she lectured people in Congress who did not show up for the moment of silence.  Shut up!

Her proposal/request that all networks agree to one broadcast of remembrances of 9/11 is absurd and also sounds very  much like what would happen in an autocratic society.

Why did MeAgain bristle and say, I am sorry, 3000 people were slaughtered.  Who was she reacting to?  It sounded like she thought someone was suggesting it was not a big deal.  She then said something like: it was worst thing that happened in history.  Nope, sorry, MeAgain, that is just not true.

MeAgain suddenly loves NYC and says, sorry, Phoenix. 😲

Re Gabriel, I wish Sunny hadn't shared that story.  But I do understand his perspective.  When I was young, in my teens, I was completely surprised to learn about how recent civil rights struggles in the US occurred.  Growing up it seemed like it was in the way past when it really wasn't so maybe that is what happened to him.  But the world didn't need to know that about him. 🤦‍♀️ 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15