Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/9/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The segment everyone loves and adores returns this week....🤣

Monday, Sept. 9 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Sept. 10 – Malcom Gladwell (book, “Talking to Strangers”)

Wednesday, Sept. 11 – Jennifer Lopez (“Hustlers”); Stephen King (book, “The Institute”)

Thursday, Sept. 12 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Sept. 13 – Kim Kardashian West (“Keeping Up with the Kardashians”)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TheView said:

I'd love to see Stephen King let Meghan have it 

Yes, if you follow him on Twitter it is pretty clear what he thinks about Trump and Republicans.  

I can't believe he is actually coming on this shit show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, if you follow him on Twitter it is pretty clear what he thinks about Trump and Republicans.  

I can't believe he is actually coming on this shit show.

According to IMDB the last time he was on was in 2014 when Whoopi, the two Rosies and Nicole were hosts. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TheView said:

Rachel Campos-Duffy and her husband are on tomorrow 

Glad I'm not watching anymore.

I guess they'll discuss her upcoming children's book and him giving up his seat due to the issues their upcoming child will reportedly have. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Glad I'm not watching anymore.

I guess they'll discuss her upcoming children's book and him giving up his seat due to the issues their upcoming child will reportedly have. 

They should've slotted them on Friday so Ana could go after Rachel 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Does anyone else think their guest list is deteriorating this new season?

Yeah they are not getting the a listers they used to get back in the Barbara days. (I mean JLo and Kardashian are what I would consider a listers but still it's at least once in a while.) 

• Love 4

What? 20 minutes in and I've been agreeing with almost everything Meghan has said today. AND I think she looks great today. Kamala Harris should know better and should have just apologized. Filliam H. Muffman are full of shit. We truly are in end times. Don't worry. I'll edit if she pisses me of during the rest of the show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I just saw the clip, she's such a cutie. A strong tennis player as well.

And she was born in Mississauga (Toronto suburb). She's Canadian, not an immigrant. Please, Joy, you lose credibility when you make the same assumptions that you accuse Trump of.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I think the Kamala Harris story is overblown.

She should have spoken up against the reporter's use of the term, but I think she was caught off guard, and didn't process it, as she said in the clip they showed during today's episode.

I'm sure Harris meant no ill will to people with intellectual disabilities.  I keep remembering Trump mocking reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, and this just seems so minor next to that, that I feel like the media (including The View) is focusing on it, as part of their favorite game of false equivalencies.

Right? If anything, he was more engaging without the prompter. That just seemed like wish-fulfillment on her part. She'll never not resent Obama for 2008.

If Joe Biden had done this, they would have rushed to defend him.

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

He was a good orator, but much better with a prompter imho.

Most people are. Doesn't mean he's not an excellent off-the-cuff speaker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And she was born in Mississauga (Toronto suburb). She's Canadian, not an immigrant. Please, Joy, you lose credibility when you make the same assumptions that you accuse Trump of.

Actually, to be factual, Mississauga is a city beside Toronto.  (I lived & worked there for many years!!!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

Guess I'll watch them.  I have no idea about the "issues."

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Lmao I remember when they were on the real world on mtv. Republicans seem to like former reality show stars take office, i mean look at the current president 😂  

Rachel auditioned to be a cohost twice. In 1999 and 2003. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, jkspeaks said:
20 hours ago, TheView said:

Rachel Campos-Duffy and her husband are on tomorrow 

Even grosser 🤢

18 hours ago, TheView said:

Rachel is from the litterbox state aka Arizona 

M E O W  !!!     image.png.68e87ce0fc53cdf6559edc18edfae992.png

• LOL 3

I've never been a fan of Abby but I'm finding her very unlikable so far this season.  She is questioning Kamala Harris's character after her not correcting the man's words.  And that is what Harris did. Fail to tell the man he was wrong for using that word.  I don't use that word and when I hear someone I know I say it I tell them that is not the appropriate word but if I hear a stranger say I don't correct them.  If this causes Abby to not like Kamala then she didn't want to like her.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 24

Jeez, what a boring show. I decided to not wait til Kardashian Day to cut the grass and did it today instead. The tennis girl was cute but nothing else held my interest. 

So. Did I miss any great VYD deals? 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, to be factual, Mississauga is a city beside Toronto.  (I lived & worked there for many years!!!)

True, but most people outside of Mississauga (which was a town until 1974) think of the Greater Toronto Area, which includes Mississauga, as Toronto.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Whoever was doing hair today was in a side part mood, which didn't do Abby or Sunny any favors.

I wonder if Meghan thinks she's a good off-the-cuff speaker, you know, talking at warp speed, trying to look smart using big words, but mangling them or using them incorrectly.

Meghan said Kamala should just apologize, that "we all say dumb things".  But when does Meghan ever apologize for something she's said?

Sunny was really emphasizing that Joe Biden makes a lot of gaffes.  I wonder if she reads here and saw that people were complaining that he always gets a pass from them.

Whoopie says he gets a pass from them "because a couple of us really, really, really know him."  What does that have to do with anything?  They like him, and they know he means well, so it's okay if he makes a mistake here and there?  I doubt they know him as well as people who are in daily contact with him.  Have they spent a lot of time with him lately? 

I do think Biden is showing signs of age-related forgetfulness, that not every mistake stems from his habit of making gaffes, and I do find it worrisome.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So. Did I miss any great VYD deals?

Don't know about "great deals," but the hair model featured on that "ROOTIE" hairstyler (it lifts at the roots?) looks so much like this girl...er-r-r, woman chosen by Virgin Colton on The Bachelor.  Anyone?  Anyone?

CassieRandolph.jpg.720d412741757a3056e713a358df8158.jpg

I can't get the VYD photo to copy here.

Unfortunately I think there are some people who will hold Kamala to a higher standard simply because she’s a woman of color. 

And sometimes being quick to shut someone down you misspeak, as Meghan’s father did. However he was praised for saying no, Obama isn’t an Arab, he’s a decent family man. 

• Love 11

So Show just decided to ignore Trump's attack on Chrissy Teigan, and her and John Legend's clapbacks?  Not to mention the twitterverse response and #presidentpussyassbitch?  Trump called Teigan Legend's Filthy Mouthed Wife!    Instead we got some nonsense about not wearing wedding rings.  And riveting political analysis by MeAgain.

I noticed that Sunny still does not look at MeAgain even when she is responding to her.

Also, MeAgain kept talking over Abby.  Her best friend.

57 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

And sometimes being quick to shut someone down you misspeak, as Meghan’s father did. However he was praised for saying no, Obama isn’t an Arab, he’s a decent family man. 

Yeah, IIRC the woman said she didn't trust Obama because he is a an Arab, and McCain shook his said and said, no ma'am, he's a good decent family man.  Thus implying if he was an Arab, that he would not be a decent family man. That's not what McCain meant to imply I am sure, but for Abby to use it as an example of the right way to correct someone, well, it was not the best answer either.

I have been in those situations where someone in the audience says something like what the guy said to Harris.  The mistake she made was replying:  Well said.  Cause it was not well said. But it appeared that she realized her mistake and that she didn't address it properly at the time.  How big of a deal is this?  Not so big, but they sure made it a story.

• Love 19

I am so glad that no one is following me around with a camera and a microphone every second of every day (practically) because I am sure I do and say things that are not appropriate from time to time.  Then again, I am not running for president and we do hold the candidates to a higher standard.  Too bad it doesn't work for the actual sitting president.

I think KH made a mistake by chuckling at that guy's comment but I take it in context.  It's not like he was talking about someone, anyone, who is ACTUALLY mentally r*******, I am sure she would not have found that funny.  But this guy was saying something in a derogatory way about trump, I have thought and said way worse about him.

Maybe she should have said something like, yes, I agree that the president is showing signs of intellectual challenge and we should all hope he gets the help he needs.  (Said in jest.  Sort of.)

• Love 5