Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S04.E13: I Am

Recommended Posts

Quote

Sam Landry and Violet's shared past is revealed; Charley realizes she's been used by Sam Landry for his own personal agenda; the Bordelon family unites, determined to face an uncertain future together.

Original air date 2019.09.11

Share this post


Link to post

So wait....Sam had an child with a Bordelon? Was this Vi daugther? Anyway, she's going to be more ruthless than Frances; I'm so glad Charley won the election--she's going to need that power to go toe to toe with Parker and Landry.

The entire family may have forgiven Nova--but I can't. She's lost me for good after what she did to her family. 

Edited by sereion
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Has the show been renewed for S5? I hope so cause I need more Charley vs Parker. Amirah Vann is 💗.

I like Calvin and he & Nova are fire together but I am too salty about Nova's too easy + neatly wrapped return to the good graces of her family after the way she screwed them over for fame and money. Nova's "redemption" arc was piss poor and cheaply written. 

Just now, sereion said:

So wait....Sam had an child with Bordelon? Was this Vi daugther?

I need to re-watch the diner scene with captioning but I believe she is Sam's daughter with a friend of Vi's and Vi helped that friend escape town when she got pregnant cause Sam's daddy was a threat to them both. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

So Sam was bullshitting Vi. He has been present in their daughter's life all along.

I can't believe that Nova got a happy ending with Calvin after all she did to her family. Charley should have been rewarded with a romance with Jacob.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Amirah Vann

I knew she looked familiar! I loved her in Underground!! I am so here for the showdown with Charley!

7 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I believe she is Sam's daughter with a friend of Vi's and Vi helped that friend escape town when she got pregnant cause Sam's daddy was a threat to them both. 

Thanks for the clarification. Vi never mentioned having kids, so it makes sense

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, sereion said:

Thanks for the clarification. Vi never mentioned having kids, so it makes sense

I am rewatching the scene now with captioning and Parker's mother is named Betty. She and Vi lost contact years ago but Vi knew his daughter graduated from Spellman then Wharton.

Sam said he wishes that he, Betty, & their baby could have stayed together. Vi says your daddy would have killed you. Sam says he almost did if Vi hadn't gotten Betty out of town & convinced Sam's daddy it was just a rumor. 

So Sam played everyone about Parker on levels plus he got Vi the ammo to give to Charley to get rid of Frances and had planned on Charley being his weapon for a long time to get Frances out. Whew, that family. Jacob wasn't kidding. 

Edited by Chick2Chic · Reason: fixed something.
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Charley should have been rewarded with a romance with Jacob.

I know Jacob's great granny was a Bordelon but I don't think we know the exact connection to Charley's family tree. I would say it is far enough away that it isn't remotely a Game of Thrones situation, especially since neither Charley nor Jacob seemed to be grossed out that they have kissed [passionately].

So... I support Charley & Jacob too. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ralph Angel's angry "Nobody asked you!" to Nova in the police station when they were all waiting around for Charley to get bailed out....I felt that. I hate Nova's redemption arc.

I hope we get a Season 5. I want to see how Vi feels about Calvin being invited to future family functions, seeing how she didn't want that white friend of Hollywood's hanging around the house a few seasons back.

So Sam was playing Violet to see what she knew. I think Charley met her match in Parker.

Looking forward to next season already!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Amirah Vann is 💗.

I love her! (Not a fan of this hair look for her, though.) She was my favorite part of the last season of How to Get Away with Murder.

4 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Ralph Angel's angry "Nobody asked you!" to Nova in the police station when they were all waiting around for Charley to get bailed out....I felt that.

I was like "SAY THAT RA!" I am, and will be, through with Nova.

Calvin mentions his kids, and I think it would be useful to have the show acknowledge through them that Nova is the woman their father cheated on their mother with, but I doubt it will. (My friend's father is married to the woman he cheated on their mother with; my friend is cool with her now but she wasn't always. The woman is kind of abrasive, to boot - that's just her personality.)

Did we know Hollywood could cook? Was this restaurant idea mentioned before?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think it's been renewed yet. Honestly, I think I'd be OK with it ending - the only storyline I'm interested in is Charley and Parker battling it out for St. Joe, because I like both actresses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Glad to hear that we are getting a season five, I cant wait to see Charlie and Amirah Vann go at it! It did have some series finale vibes, but we certainly still have enough story left for more. 

I might have cheered when RA told Nova to shut it at the police station. The family might have forgiven Nova, but I sure haven't yet. What she did was terrible, and while she might have apologized, I dont think she has at all gotten close to making up for what she did, nor does she really seem to understand why exactly what she did was so wrong. Maybe they could forgive her in a long time, but not in just a few months, after all of the consequences of her selfish actions, and all of the anger and resentment she clearly has towards her family that she still hasn't dealt with. She was lucky that things didnt get even worse!

She might have been trying to make a peace offering towards RA giving  him their moms journal, but to me it just sounded like her using their dead mom to guilt RA into speaking to her again. She and Calvin are good together and they have super hot chemistry, but I also hate that she rewarded with a romance with the man she loves.

So happy that Charlie won, and that Francis finally got hers! Unfortunately, because Landry's gonna Landry, that just means that Charlie played into Sams master plan, and now has his daughter Parker to contend with. Charlies reactions were kind of hilarious, she looked so shocked to find out that Parker was a women of color and not some old white guy, and even more shocked when Sam showed up! So thats the big secret that Vi knows about him, he had a daughter with a friend of Vi`s who he kept a secret because his father might have hurt her or the baby. They really are some family!

It would be a total mess, but I totally ship Charlie and Jacob. Not only would it cause a ton of awesome drama with BOTH families and with the community at large, Jacob is pretty much the only man Charlie has any real chemistry with, and he seems to be the only man she has had any romantic connection with who really seems to get Charlie, both her kindness and her ruthlessness. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

It would be a total mess, but I totally ship Charlie and Jacob. Not only would it cause a ton of awesome drama with BOTH families and with the community at large, Jacob is pretty much the only man Charlie has any real chemistry with, and he seems to be the only man she has had any romantic connection with who really seems to get Charlie, both her kindness and her ruthlessness. 

Exactly. I would consider Romero the rebound and now that she got her feet wet again, albeit blandly with Romero and decreasingly with Remy, so time for the real romance for Charley.

giphy.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

So Sam played everyone about Parker on levels plus he got Vi the ammo to give to Charley to get rid of Frances and had planned on Charley being his weapon for a long time to get Frances out. Whew, that family. Jacob wasn't kidding. 

Girl! TRIFLING is what that entire family is.  I figured Sam had his own angle when he was so willing to give up the goods on Frances.  I did not see the Parker angle coming, though. 

It might be interesting to watch the clash of the biracial titans next season.  Charley might have met her match.    

My sister watched the show for the first time with me, and as soon as she saw Calvin, she was like, "Who is that?" 😄     

As for Jacob, I think the show has written itself into a corner with him.  I'm still halfway convinced that Davis might be redeemed somehow - the redemption of messy characters, men in particular, is what this show is all about. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

As for Jacob, I think the show has written itself into a corner with him.  I'm still halfway convinced that Davis might be redeemed somehow - the redemption of messy characters, men in particular, is what this show is all about. 

Ugh, and not just cause I don't think they have chem. I don't want to see Davis be Charley's Stan Zbornak. I think Davis did and does love her as much as he can love someone but he is weak & tired.  I would like to think the show will continue to write Charley having nothing but seething contempt for Davis not just cause he did her wrong personally but that his actions also publicly humiliated her (which, on a side note, is one reason I don't buy her reconciliation with Nova cause Charley has a lot of pride)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Blue. It suddenly hit him that Earnest wasn't really related to him. I hope he grows up to be an amazing swimmer.

Well, Nova, maybe you want your family to know Calvin but how much of his family will he bring you around? You should probably stay away from his kids regardless.

Guess Darla's a saint now. Okay.

I have to give Calvin credit for heading into what could've been deeply hostile territory amongst the Bordelons. He's alright, though he is a proven cheater.🙂

Old Lady Boudreaux has such a punchable face, IMO. It's like she's sucked on one lemon too many.

What an amazing checkmate! Amirah Vann is an excellent get. Hope she's not risking getting typecast though since so far Parker seems a lot like Tegan.

Ugh, so Nova ends up the hero of the season? KMN.

Great news on the renewal.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, sereion said:

So wait....Sam had an child with a Bordelon? Was this Vi daugther? Anyway, she's going to be more ruthless than Frances; I'm so glad Charley won the election--she's going to need that power to go toe to toe with Parker and Landry.

The entire family may have forgiven Nova--but I can't. She's lost me for good after what she did to her family. 

No he did not.. this daughter's mother was a friend of Vi's her name is Betty. Vi helped Sam get her out of town before his family found out about it.

Edited by byrd
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, Chick2Chic said:

I am rewatching the scene now with captioning and Parker's mother is named Betty. She and Vi lost contact years ago but Vi knew his daughter graduated from Spellman then Wharton.

Sam said he wishes that he, Betty, & their baby could have stayed together. Vi says your daddy would have killed you. Sam says he almost did if Vi hadn't gotten Betty out of town & convinced Sam's daddy it was just a rumor. 

So Sam played everyone about Parker on levels plus he got Vi the ammo to give to Charley to get rid of Frances and had planned on Charley being his weapon for a long time to get Frances out. Whew, that family. Jacob wasn't kidding. 

yes. slithering snake Sam ..he has been present and taking care of Betty and Parker all along.  Judging from the looks of Parker, she has had a privileged life. Sam is filthy rich. he has always know exactly Betty and Parker were , he been providing for her all of her life and apparently has a good close relationship with her. .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Glad to hear that we are getting a season five, I cant wait to see Charlie and Amirah Vann go at it! It did have some series finale vibes, but we certainly still have enough story left for more. 

I might have cheered when RA told Nova to shut it at the police station. The family might have forgiven Nova, but I sure haven't yet. What she did was terrible, and while she might have apologized, I dont think she has at all gotten close to making up for what she did, nor does she really seem to understand why exactly what she did was so wrong. Maybe they could forgive her in a long time, but not in just a few months, after all of the consequences of her selfish actions, and all of the anger and resentment she clearly has towards her family that she still hasn't dealt with. She was lucky that things didnt get even worse!

She might have been trying to make a peace offering towards RA giving  him their moms journal, but to me it just sounded like her using their dead mom to guilt RA into speaking to her again. She and Calvin are good together and they have super hot chemistry, but I also hate that she rewarded with a romance with the man she loves.

So happy that Charlie won, and that Francis finally got hers! Unfortunately, because Landry's gonna Landry, that just means that Charlie played into Sams master plan, and now has his daughter Parker to contend with. Charlies reactions were kind of hilarious, she looked so shocked to find out that Parker was a women of color and not some old white guy, and even more shocked when Sam showed up! So thats the big secret that Vi knows about him, he had a daughter with a friend of Vi`s who he kept a secret because his father might have hurt her or the baby. They really are some family!

It would be a total mess, but I totally ship Charlie and Jacob. Not only would it cause a ton of awesome drama with BOTH families and with the community at large, Jacob is pretty much the only man Charlie has any real chemistry with, and he seems to be the only man she has had any romantic connection with who really seems to get Charlie, both her kindness and her ruthlessness. 

Oh, I so agree with all of your post. I have always said Jacob was the only man that fits Charley's type , the others were too weak . Jacob and Charley  have something worth exploring. It does not matter if they are cousins, this is the south , they marry their cousins ! LOL !!!!! 

(OKAY NOW BEFORE YOU GUYS DRAG ME,JUST KIDDING ! )

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Poor Blue. It suddenly hit him that Earnest wasn't really related to him. I hope he grows up to be an amazing swimmer.

When he said the beach ball would protect him because it had papa’s breath, it hit me in the feels.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Girl! TRIFLING is what that entire family is.  I figured Sam had his own angle when he was so willing to give up the goods on Frances.  I did not see the Parker angle coming, though. 

It might be interesting to watch the clash of the biracial titans next season.  Charley might have met her match.    

Sometimes, it really does be your own people.

I'm looking forward to the showdown next season as well. "You don't know me." "You don't know me." Oooh, child. I'm here for it!

I like Hollywood, but he needs his own storyline. I liked his idea of getting guys together to have their own meetups to talk, and now Vi mentioned him opening a restaurant. Hopefully the seed has been planted and he runs with it.

Jacob really is perfect for Charlie. I hate that the show made them distant relatives. If they wanted to keep the family angle, they should've had him be related to Nova's mother side. Blah.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't realize that Charlie and Jacob are related. I only watch occasionally. 

18 hours ago, MelloYellow said:

This show is absolute GARBAGE.

I agree that it isn't great, but I think that it is slightly above garbage; recyclable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size