Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Does She Have My Ears?

• Start Topic

Airs September 8, 2019

Anthony looks to prove paternity at Rilah's 4D ultrasound; Max reveals more about his addiction when he meets with a therapist; Matthew visits Hailey's house to build a crib; Tyra and Alex leave the hospital and take the baby to visit Alex's family.

Alexander’s mom and grandmother are pieces of shit, if I were Tyra and Alexander, I would refuse to allow them to visit Layla until they shut their dirty mouths and Alexander needs to defend Tyra

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Alexander’s mom and grandmother are pieces of shit, if I were Kyra and Alexander, I would refuse to bring the baby until they shut their dirty mouths

I wouldn't have brought Layla by at all. They couldn't get themselves to the hospital and are not providing any support at all, so why bother.  I couldn't believe how trashy and awful they were. What kind of a lunatic tries to wake a 2-day old baby ? Seriously, is she disabled  ?

"Granny said HER can !"  Umm, what ?

I admire Tyra's positive attitude with a newborn and hope she keeps it up. But Tyra, change Layla before nursing so she can easily fall asleep. 

Max's problem is more serious than I thought. I thought he was just an idiot but he is very troubled. I agree with his Dad seeking professional help.

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Love 17

Oh my god - I felt so badly for Tyra.  Those two women were so awful to her!  And there was Alexander - “ Why are you upset?”

Oh, I don’t know, dumbass, she’s a new, young mom, still in pain from delivery, still trying to figure out breastfeeding, and those bitches just sat there sniping at her.  No “thank you” for bringing the baby over the day they’re driving home from the hospital.  No attempt at trying to make her feel comfortable - just nasty criticism.  Tyra was way more mature than I would have been.  I would have called an Uber and gotten myself and Layla the hell out of there.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Nilo said:

Oh my god - I felt so badly for Tyra.  Those two women were so awful to her!

2 hours ago, Nilo said:

No attempt at trying to make her feel comfortable - just nasty criticism.  

What kind of humans...women...are they?  They're obviously uneducated and (most likely) have low IQs--but that's no reason to be so horrible.  That poor baby.  That poor little mom.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Max is a fucking nutcase for wanting another baby, I hope Chloe says we are not having another baby EVER!

Well, he is probably an actual "nutcase," with mental problems and now actual medical difficulties with his brain.  Why wasn't Chloe's mother (who is in charge of everything/everyone...intelligent/educated enough to get the implant  ("The implant is a very small rod inserted under the skin of a woman's upper arm to provide birth control. It's invisible and prevents pregnancy for up to 4 years.")  If her religion is still against birth control, perhaps this one-time "sin" isn't as serious as having more children at such a young age and with Max's genetic predispositions and serious issues.

• Love 2

The stupidity of everyone in this episode. I. just. can't. even. Alex asking Tyra what's wrong. Wtf do you think is wrong?? Tell your mom and grandma to shut the hell up. And why would Grandma ban Tyra from spending the night AFTER she got pregnant? Makes no sense. I wouldn't even bring my kid over there if I was Tyra. 

Max is in so much denial it isn't funny. The best thing his dad can do is get him off tv and get him into residential treatment asap. And Chloe is so naive to not see how troubled he really is. She thinks everything will be perfect when they get their own place. She is in for a rude awakening. 

Matthew is such a scumbag. He always looks nasty af but he thinks he's so hot. He had some nerve trying to blame Hailey for their fight. I wish she'd wake up and kick his weasly butt to the curb. He is definitely not worth crying over!

Anthony may be the dumbest of them all. He really thinks he can tell he's the father by an ultrasound image? Really? That boy is dumber than a box of rocks. And Rilah's mom let him live there for 2 yrs then kicked him out when he turned 18? And now is letting him move back in? Wtf is wrong with all these parents? Is it any wonder these girls end off pregnant?

At least no whiny ass, spoiled Mckayla on this episode. Although, it looks like she'll be back annoyingly as ever next week. Can't wait. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Nilo said:

Oh my god - I felt so badly for Tyra.  Those two women were so awful to her!  And there was Alexander - “ Why are you upset?”

Oh, I don’t know, dumbass, she’s a new, young mom, still in pain from delivery, still trying to figure out breastfeeding, and those bitches just sat there sniping at her.  No “thank you” for bringing the baby over the day they’re driving home from the hospital.  No attempt at trying to make her feel comfortable - just nasty criticism.  Tyra was way more mature than I would have been.  I would have called an Uber and gotten myself and Layla the hell out of there.

I wanted to gather poor little Tyra up in my arms, give her a big hug, a nice mug of hot chocolate, settle her into bed with soft music, and tell Meemaw and Great Meemaw to get fucking lost. The two of them standing at the door, giggling as Tyra struggled to get out of the car, made me want to hit them soundly with a two by four. Go help her, for fuck sake! Ask her how she's feeling, thank her for bringing the baby over! I realize she's just a kid but she should have said no. She should have said her baby was too little to go visiting and that they were welcome to come over in a couple of weeks. For half an hour. And to wash their hands. What a tacky, spiteful pair of harpies. Ugh.

Bless us, though, that Anthony is a dim bulb, isn't he? "If she has mah ears, Ah'll know she's mah chile". Future Nobelist, right there. And the way they were all giggling and shrieking "OH MAH GOD SHE HAS ANTHONY'S FACE!" Um, what? I could barely make out features. These people are nuts.

So, not much in store for Max except an early grave, I guess? He won't quit using. I feel bad for his father.

• Love 21

We were waiting to get the full story on Max, and we finally have it. He’s down the mine shaft of denial and he’s never coming out. Chloe has no clue. I used two days ago, but not REGULARLY, so it’s all good! There is nothing but pain on the way for everyone who cares about Max.

Every other trashy story just makes me feel sorry for these young moms. Every one is trapped in a mess of her own making. I believe it when I read that these shows drive the teen birth rate down. I’m depressed just thinking about their futures. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I wouldn't have brought Layla by at all. They couldn't get themselves to the hospital and are not providing any support at all, so why bother.  I couldn't believe how trashy and awful they were. What kind of a lunatic tries to wake a 2-day old baby ? Seriously, is she disabled  ?

I admire Tyra's positive attitude with a newborn and hope she keeps it up. But Tyra, change Layla before nursing so she can easily fall asleep. 

Max's problem is more serious than I thought. I thought he was just an idiot but he is very troubled. I agree with his Dad seeking professional help.

Dad needs to nut up and put his foot down with Max. He is so wishy-washy. I understand that Max is 19, but he is living under his father's roof and being somewhat supported by him. Max is delusional about his drug use and brain damage, and his father just seems unable or unwilling to be a hardass with him. He watched the bio-mom die of an overdose - and seems to not want to watch Max do the same. It's time to get tough and so ho-hum about it.

6 hours ago, PlygPigs said:

The stupidity of everyone in this episode. I. just. can't. even. Alex asking Tyra what's wrong. Wtf do you think is wrong?? Tell your mom and grandma to shut the hell up. And why would Grandma ban Tyra from spending the night AFTER she got pregnant? Makes no sense. I wouldn't even bring my kid over there if I was Tyra. 

Max is in so much denial it isn't funny. The best thing his dad can do is get him off tv and get him into residential treatment asap. And Chloe is so naive to not see how troubled he really is. She thinks everything will be perfect when they get their own place. She is in for a rude awakening. 

Matthew is such a scumbag. He always looks nasty af but he thinks he's so hot. He had some nerve trying to blame Hailey for their fight. I wish she'd wake up and kick his weasly butt to the curb. He is definitely not worth crying over!

Anthony may be the dumbest of them all. He really thinks he can tell he's the father by an ultrasound image? Really? That boy is dumber than a box of rocks. And Rilah's mom let him live there for 2 yrs then kicked him out when he turned 18? And now is letting him move back in? Wtf is wrong with all these parents? Is it any wonder these girls end off pregnant?

At least no whiny ass, spoiled Mckayla on this episode. Although, it looks like she'll be back annoyingly as ever next week. Can't wait. 

Hailey's mother needs to stop being her "buddy/friend" and act like a fucking mother. I wanted to reach through the tv and smack her last night. It's like they are roommates hanging out, not mother and daughter.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

Dad needs to nut up and put his foot down with Max. He is so wishy-washy. I understand that Max is 19, but he is living under his father's roof and being somewhat supported by him. Max is delusional about his drug use and brain damage, and his father just seems unable or unwilling to be a hardass with him. He watched the bio-mom die of an overdose - and seems to not want to watch Max do the same. It's time to get tough and so ho-hum about it.

Hailey's mother needs to stop being her "buddy/friend" and act like a fucking mother. I wanted to reach through the tv and smack her last night. It's like they are roommates hanging out, not mother and daughter.

The "parents" on this show refuse to actually parent. And, therein lies the problem. Poor kids. I can't help but feel bad for them. They are products of their environment. 

• Love 7

I wonder if Chloe & her mom were pissed that Max hijacked their spot this week.  I wonder if Max was more...congitively...*there* before his accident.  Was he with Chloe at the time? if so, how the hell can she think nothing's wrong with him?  so many questions.

Also, I feel like she kinda gets off on telling him he's persona non grata at Casa Jessica.

• Love 7

his father just seems unable or unwilling to be a hardass with him. He watched the bio-mom die of an overdose - and seems to not want to watch Max do the same. It's time to get tough and so ho-hum about it.

Agreed. There need to be rules in the house, including weekly, or more frequent, drug tests. If Max fails the test, he needs to go to treatment or get out of the house. But if Max had that kind of dad, he wouldn't be on our TVs on this trainwreck to begin with.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Agreed. There need to be rules in the house, including weekly, or more frequent, drug tests. If Max fails the test, he needs to go to treatment or get out of the house. But if Max had that kind of dad, he wouldn't be on our TVs on this trainwreck to begin with.

Very true... but since he is 19, I don't know if legally the father can force him to go to treatment (unless it's court ordered).  You would think that the father would be a hell of a lot more firm with him. Watching them at the therapy session was painful.

• Love 5

Max needs the show "intervention" rather than "unexpected." Then again, it would require several people who actually CARE about him to attend. I get the feeling he and dad are all the other has😥 Jessica is mean and in denial about her own issues with Max. To shun going to therapy with him was so wrong. I find hard to believe they're still a romantic couple on any level. Seems she's comfortbaly following her mom's wishes and accepting all the comfort and help that's available. 

As for the other couples: I can only attribute some sort of mental disorders to the way they act. Idk all the names yet but the puffy haired guy with Kyla needs to step up and protect her in front of his mother and grand.  The mother looks ummm- special. I wasn't even sure that was his mother at first. I feel bad it's as though the teens never had any opportunities bc of the parents' flaws. 

Rhyla's family is very dim as well. On 1 hand the mother wants to split the teens up, in the next breath she is hyping up how the baby is "IDENTICAL" to Anthony and he can move in while his mother is the devil. His mom does seem like a huge piece of trash though. But Rhyla acts like a spoiled kid and the mother is overwhelmed but won't stop giving in to a couple of teens. I'm not sure of her motivations yet but the TV paycheck comes to mind. 

• Love 5

since he is 19, I don't know if legally the father can force him to go to treatment

Hence the phrase "go to treatment or get out of the house." Max's dad should not be enabling this garbage. Sleeping on the street might wake Max up, since even his mom's death can't cut through his denial.

• Love 6

There are adults who have trouble adjusting to a newborn, especially right after giving birth and being released from the hospital.  Given Tyra's age, I think she did just fine with the baby. And with her being exhausted, kudos to her for not losing her cool, which honestly she had every right to with those two judgmental bitches nitpicking her every move. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Max needs the show "intervention" rather than "unexpected."

We need to put out the JVV signal (sort of like the Batman signal) for Jeff Van Vonderen. And maybe a signal for Dr. Pimple Popper so she can address the herpes sore on Max’s upper lip. I hope to hell he isn’t kissing Ava with that open wound.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

We need to put out the JVV signal (sort of like the Batman signal) for Jeff Van Vonderen. And maybe a signal for Dr. Pimple Popper so she can address the herpes sore on Max’s upper lip. I hope to hell he isn’t kissing Ava with that open wound.

Screw Van Vonderen.   I have zero respect for anyone who makes a lot of money lecturing people about their drug and alcohol abuse and talking about his own recovery when he's going home and getting drunk at night. Hypocritical asshole. 

Edited by Rescue Mama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Hence the phrase "go to treatment or get out of the house." Max's dad should not be enabling this garbage. Sleeping on the street might wake Max up, since even his mom's death can't cut through his denial.

Max has legal residence at the house.  His Father can't simply kick him out.  He would need to go through the steps to evict him.  That's if his Father owns the house, I don't know how it works if he's renting.

2 hours ago, Honey said:

Max has legal residence at the house.  His Father can't simply kick him out.  He would need to go through the steps to evict him.  That's if his Father owns the house, I don't know how it works if he's renting.

I can't see dead behind the eyes Max having the fortitude to go thru legal channels if his dad did put him out.  Max doesn't seem to have much fight in him at all. 

• Love 7

Max is so deep in denial, I don't think anything will get through to his drug addled brain. Maybe some time in jail and being homeless would open his eyes, maybe not. Him sitting there and blaming his drug use on Chloe's family said it all. If they move in together, he'll blame Chloe every time he uses. "You made me mad and I had to eat a handful of pills to calm down. If you wouldn't make me mad, I wouldn't have to get high." 

Tyra is a lot more mature than I thought. I had the episiotomy from hell when my son was born and could barely walk for two weeks. Those two harpies standing there and bitching because she wasn't moving fast enough instead of offering to help made me yell at the TV. I was 33 and had the support of my husband and family and I had a hard time keeping it together. I can't imagine being a teenager and having two nasty lumps sitting on their asses and picking everything I did apart! I wanted to scoop Tyra and the baby up and take them home so they could rest. I hope Alex figures it out and tells his mom and grandma that if they want to see the baby, they'll have to visit her at Tyra's house and they'll need to keep their comments to themselves. Grandma must have gone to the same school as Hailey's mom. It's fine to let the kids sleep together until the girl gets pregnant. But, once a baby is on the way, no more overnights. WTF?

It was nice to not have to listen to McKayla whine this week. But, the previews show us everything is status quo. She doesn't like what Caelen is saying, so she orders him to stop talking. I wonder if she'll ever figure out that only works at grandma and grandpa's house? 

• Love 14

Alex's mom and grandma deserved McKayla as a daughter in law.  Poor Tyra - I hope that's the last visit she makes to Alex's family's house.  She doesn't need to fight with Alex about this if she doesn't want to.  She can just calmly tell him that he's in charge of taking the baby to visit the coven of witches if he wants to arrange a visit, and she can stay home and nap.  Thankfully, the coven is too lazy/self centered to come to visit the baby.   Since she's breastfeeding having Alex take the baby to them will keep the amount of time her baby is exposed to the coven to a minimum.

And I do agree that Alex absolutely should have defended Tyra from the coven, but he is very young and was raised by monsters.  He seemed extremely supportive during the delivery, so I hope as he matures that he'll support her more.  He seems better than the other nightmare fathers on this show (although I don't watch this show particularly carefully so I don't remember much about him before the birth, so please correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Alex's mom and grandma deserved McKayla as a daughter in law.  Poor Tyra - I hope that's the last visit she makes to Alex's family's house.  She doesn't need to fight with Alex about this if she doesn't want to.  She can just calmly tell him that he's in charge of taking the baby to visit the coven of witches if he wants to arrange a visit, and she can stay home and nap.  Thankfully, the coven is too lazy/self centered to come to visit the baby.   Since she's breastfeeding having Alex take the baby to them will keep the amount of time her baby is exposed to the coven to a minimum.

And I do agree that Alex absolutely should have defended Tyra from the coven, but he is very young and was raised by monsters.  He seemed extremely supportive during the delivery, so I hope as he matures that he'll support her more.  He seems better than the other nightmare fathers on this show (although I don't watch this show particularly carefully so I don't remember much about him before the birth, so please correct me if I'm wrong)

Alex is one of the most mature fathers on this show. He was supportive and respectful during the delivery and doesn't act like a giggly little kid when talking about the birth process, breast feeding and caring for a newborn. Like you, I hope he figures out that his mother an grandmother are acting like asses and sets some boundaries.

There was a boy, Tylor, on a previous season that was mature and understood what was expected of him as a father. Caelen is trying to be an adult and provide for his family but McKayla and her enablers are making it impossible, no matter what he does. I sure hope he and his mom forget trying to reason with that family and just get to a lawyer and protect his legal rights (and outline his responsibilities). McKayla is such a vindictive brat, she needs to be told that she doesn't have the right to dictate where and when he sees the kids. I'd pay to be a fly on the wall to see her reaction to being served with court documents outlining where and when she will have the kids ready for their dad to pick them up. Preferably a neutral location, like McDonalds or the police station, so her family can't interfere.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I can't see dead behind the eyes Max having the fortitude to go thru legal channels if his dad did put him out.  Max doesn't seem to have much fight in him at all. 

The only legal channel he has to go through is to call the cops if his Dad tries to kick him out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

There was a boy, Tylor, on a previous season that was mature and understood what was expected of him as a father. Caelen is trying to be an adult and provide for his family but McKayla and her enablers are making it impossible, no matter what he does. I sure hope he and his mom forget trying to reason with that family and just get to a lawyer and protect his legal rights (and outline his responsibilities).

Yes.  Tylor and Laura.  Maybe Caelan should enlist in the service like Tyler did (Navy).  Tylor and Laura married, and are expecting their 2nd child in October.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Honey said:

The only legal channel he has to go through is to call the cops if his Dad tries to kick him out.

I know that. YOU know that. Do you think Max knows that? And it's my experience that most druggies like to have minimal contact with law enforcement. 

If his dad was stronger he should encourage Max to call the cops. "And officer while you're here, could you check his pockets?".

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

^^^

I think you were on the right track.  Max's dad can kick him out.  What I know about the particularities of Arizona landlord/tenant law can fit on the head of a pin, but a quick google search says you can get rid or someone living in your home, whether squatter or tenant.  

I'm pretty sure illegal drug use is a violation of any lease, although I doubt there is a lease in place.  Max probably lives informally with his dad, and there is a legal process to kick him out.  I'm pretty sure all the dad would have to do is catch Max with illegal drugs--as in, drugs that aren't prescribed to Max--call the cops, and Max would have to go.  You can't just do illlegal shit on someone else's property.

No one in any jurisdiction is going to be told they have to live with someone who is conducting illegal activity on the premises.  Where you start to become a co-conspirator is when you don't call the police.

And I also agree that most people, even the really sick ones, would leave if their parents told them to.  Max doesn't seem like the type to march down to the free legal clinic to learn about his rights under the law, seeing as how he didn't do that with his own child.

I think Max's dad can get rid of him pretty easily if he only found the will.

edited because I wrote "Alex" when I meant "Max." I blame Chloe's parents 

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typo
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Alex is one of the most mature fathers on this show. He was supportive and respectful during the delivery and doesn't act like a giggly little kid when talking about the birth process, breast feeding and caring for a newborn. Like you, I hope he figures out that his mother an grandmother are acting like asses and sets some boundaries.

I liked Alex until Tyra went into the other room to get away & he kept asking her "what is your problem?" in an obnoxious tone, totally forgetting she just gave birth it seemed.  He was tuned out to her needs, completely.  I do hope he wises up quickly, because there seems like potential there.

I thought they were just stopping for a quick visit (which was bad enough as not the time) & kept waiting for her to tell him to take her home. There were a few baby items in the room they were in, but Tyra's not allowed to stay there anymore, so they must plan on doing a lot of babysitting. If I were her I wouldn't want my kid around those two - they were nasty & not playing with a full deck. And we all know not letting Tyra stay there will prevent another pregnancy. 🙄

Max is in denial & blaming Chloe's parents for his drug use - true addict behavior as it'll always be someone else's fault. Him even mentioning having another kid is alarming - the more kids the tougher it will be for her to break away, & he probably knows that, whereas Chloe won't have a clue what's happening until it's too late.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I know that. YOU know that. Do you think Max knows that? And it's my experience that most druggies like to have minimal contact with law enforcement. 

If his dad was stronger he should encourage Max to call the cops. "And officer while you're here, could you check his pockets?".

I hate when people call addicts "druggies".  Max is a kid and he's sick.  He has an addiction, and he really needs more help than talking to that counselor.  I hope that Max can somehow get clean, stay clean, and turn his life around.  I don't believe that will happen without an inpatient rehab program.  The worst thing that could happen would be for him to fail another drug test, and end up in prison.   Drug counseling in prison is minimal, and it's way too easy to get drugs behind bars.  I feel bad for Max, you can see in his eyes that he's lost right now.  In the pic on the top there is still life/light in his eyes.  In the pic on the bottom, he looks like he feels hopeless.

max.jpg.9ff81255600e2824b445bdff91e1b19f.jpgmax2.thumb.jpg.ae098deee142eb393724abbd2631e44b.jpg

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^

I think you were on the right track.  Max's dad can kick him out.  What I know about the particularities of Arizona landlord/tenant law can fit on the head of a pin, but a quick google search says you can get rid or someone living in your home, whether squatter or tenant.  

I'm pretty sure illegal drug use is a violation of any lease, although I doubt there is a lease in place.  Max probably lives informally with his dad, and there is a legal process to kick him out.  I'm pretty sure all the dad would have to do is catch Max with illegal drugs--as in, drugs that aren't prescribed to Max--call the cops, and Max would have to go.  You can't just do illlegal shit on someone else's property.

No one in any jurisdiction is going to be told they have to live with someone who is conducting illegal activity on the premises.  Where you start to become a co-conspirator is when you don't call the police.

And I also agree that most people, even the really sick ones, would leave if their parents told them to.  Max doesn't seem like the type to march down to the free legal clinic to learn about his rights under the law, seeing as how he didn't do that with his own child.

I think Max's dad can get rid of him pretty easily if he only found the will.

edited because I wrote "Alex" when I meant "Max." I blame Chloe's parents 

Max has homestead rights. You cannot just rip the roof off someone's head.  His Father would need to go through the eviction process if he owns the house.  If he's renting, and contacts his landlord, the landlord could figure it's just easier to evict them both.

Honestly, if Max's Dad calls the police and tells them that he's using drugs in the house, they probably wouldn't even show up to do a search.  What they would do is tell him that it's a civil matter, and that he needs to go through the court to evict him.

If he really wants him out he could report his drug use to his probation officer, and if a drug screen is positive he'll go to court for a probation violation, then possibly prison, depending on what his sentence is.  Or, he could file a police report, and try to obtain a restraining order, if it's granted then Max would have to leave, but then he could not have any contact with his son.  I can't see him doing that.

I agree with everyone in that I doubt Max knows that he has rights, I'm sure he doesn't know that his Dad cannot just kick him out, throw his clothes outside, or wait until Max leaves and change the locks.

I would hope his Father wouldn't do this.  He's the only person on his side, and Max really needs him now.  Like every state, Arizona has an involuntary commitment law.  Max's Dad could petition the court to order Max to rehab, if it can be shown that he's a danger to himself, or others.  It's not easy to show though.

It's a sad situation, and he shouldn't be on a television show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2019 at 2:52 PM, materialgirl101 said:

Very true... but since he is 19, I don't know if legally the father can force him to go to treatment (unless it's court ordered). 

So he can't force him into treatment and he can't force him out of the house?  Is Max paying rent; perhaps he's NOT a tenant.

• Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, Chris Knight said:

Seriously, is she disabled  ?

Several of us would answer YES.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, Chris Knight said:

Well...that is a common form of babytalk, so I won't hold that against her.  That's probably the ONLY thing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

So he can't force him into treatment and he can't force him out of the house?  Is Max paying rent; perhaps he's NOT a tenant.

He could be forced into treatment at any age, if his Father can show the court that he is a danger to himself or others.  He is considered a tenant at will.  It doesn't matter if he's paid any rent or not.

9 hours ago, Honey said:

I hate when people call addicts "druggies".  Max is a kid and he's sick.  He has an addiction, and he really needs more help than talking to that counselor.  I hope that Max can somehow get clean, stay clean, and turn his life around.  I don't believe that will happen without an inpatient rehab program.  The worst thing that could happen would be for him to fail another drug test, and end up in prison.   Drug counseling in prison is minimal, and it's way too easy to get drugs behind bars.  I feel bad for Max, you can see in his eyes that he's lost right now.  In the pic on the top there is still life/light in his eyes.  In the pic on the bottom, he looks like he feels hopeless.

max.jpg.9ff81255600e2824b445bdff91e1b19f.jpgmax2.thumb.jpg.ae098deee142eb393724abbd2631e44b.jpg

I dunno. Things were different when I was coming up. We had crackheads, junkies, dope fiends, etc.  Rarely did I hear " he's a kid and he's sick" but I am noticing different drugs bring different levels of compassion. Poor Timmy from the suburbs is an addict and let's shower him with all the sympathy we can muster. I'm pretty sure Jen from Teen Mom tried that angle and now she has 30 year old father of three Ryan who still can't focus his eyes.

Max lost my sympathy when he became a thief.  He puts everyone around him at risk.  What happens to Chloe if she should happen to be pulled over by the cops when Max is holding? The people around him do him no favors pussyfooting around the issue. 

• Love 15

At some point, Max will be found dead somewhere. He has a ton of emotional baggage and it’s very sad that his mother chose drugs over her child, but that’s how addicts roll. Max is also choosing drugs over his child. History repeating itself. Ava needs to be kept away from Max as much as possible to increase her chances of a healthy future, unless and until he gets clean. 

The producers should step in and offer Max an in-patient rehab opportunity since it appears that neither Max nor his father can afford it. Right now Max keeps making excuses for himself and refuses to admit how messed up he is, to himself and those around him. Chloe is a wonderful enabler. For Ava’s sake if nothing else, she should be going to counseling both alone and with Max.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Max lost my sympathy when he became a thief.  He puts everyone around him at risk.  What happens to Chloe if she should happen to be pulled over by the cops when Max is holding? The people around him do him no favors pussyfooting around the issue. 

That & he "put hands on" Chloe - I believe I wrote what he did in a previous thread. There he loses me - addicts are a danger to everyone around them & that's where the sympathy fades. This is very serious, not just for him but everyone around him. It's okay for them to take a step back to protect themselves, & especially that child.   He's not entitled to any custody, except supervised visitation, in his present condition. There's no way of knowing what state of mind he'll be in from day to day & it won't stop just because a child is there.

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

At some point, Max will be found dead somewhere. He has a ton of emotional baggage and it’s very sad that his mother chose drugs over her child, but that’s how addicts roll. Max is also choosing drugs over his child. History repeating itself. Ava needs to be kept away from Max as much as possible to increase her chances of a healthy future, unless and until he gets clean. 

Yep; that's how they roll. It will always be all about them & they will hurt & even destroy everyone around them without care, & will even blame the people they hurt. It won't be long before it will be Chloe or Ava's fault he's using, because of some stress they brought him.

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The producers should step in and offer Max an in-patient rehab opportunity since it appears that neither Max nor his father can afford it. Right now Max keeps making excuses for himself and refuses to admit how messed up he is, to himself and those around him. Chloe is a wonderful enabler. For Ava’s sake if nothing else, she should be going to counseling both alone and with Max.

The producers, this show, etc, are awful to be putting this out there, but the people signed up so ultimately it's their own faults.

Spoiler

I did read Jessica said this will be their last season because of all the backlash - they should have stopped after Max's drug abuse, violence, & theft last season, but they kept going. I hope they do mean it's over with filming this time.

I do feel badly for Max & hope he gets it together. I just don't want to see the innocents getting hurt - & he will definitely hurt them. Chloe is too immature (& arrogant-ignorant - bad combo!) to protect herself & she'll put her kid right in the line of fire as well. I know she's young & I really hope she gets it together too, before Max goes to jail & she finds some other abusive loser to screw up her daughter.

Edited by Giant Misfit
added spoiler tags
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Chloe is too immature (& arrogant-ignorant - bad combo!) to protect herself & she'll put her kid right in the line of fire as well. I know she's young & I really hope she gets it together too, before Max goes to jail & she finds some other abusive loser to screw up her daughter.

Or ends up going to jail with him. If he's carrying in the car with her and Ava, and they get pulled over, they may arrest her, too. She needs to be smarter about this, but she is 17. Doing dumb shit is almost a prerequisite. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Honey said:

Max has homestead rights. You cannot just rip the roof off someone's head.  His Father would need to go through the eviction process if he owns the house.  If he's renting, and contacts his landlord, the landlord could figure it's just easier to evict them both.

Honestly, if Max's Dad calls the police and tells them that he's using drugs in the house, they probably wouldn't even show up to do a search.  What they would do is tell him that it's a civil matter, and that he needs to go through the court to evict him.

If he really wants him out he could report his drug use to his probation officer, and if a drug screen is positive he'll go to court for a probation violation, then possibly prison, depending on what his sentence is.  Or, he could file a police report, and try to obtain a restraining order, if it's granted then Max would have to leave, but then he could not have any contact with his son.  I can't see him doing that.

I agree with everyone in that I doubt Max knows that he has rights, I'm sure he doesn't know that his Dad cannot just kick him out, throw his clothes outside, or wait until Max leaves and change the locks.

I would hope his Father wouldn't do this.  He's the only person on his side, and Max really needs him now.  Like every state, Arizona has an involuntary commitment law.  Max's Dad could petition the court to order Max to rehab, if it can be shown that he's a danger to himself, or others.  It's not easy to show though.

It's a sad situation, and he shouldn't be on a television show.

12 hours ago, Honey said:

He could be forced into treatment at any age, if his Father can show the court that he is a danger to himself or others.  He is considered a tenant at will.  It doesn't matter if he's paid any rent or not.

Agree to disagree about Max's dad not being able to get him out of the house. I guess what it comes down to for me is that we are all pretty much speculating here.  None of us are practicing landlord-tenant law or working in the sheriff's office of Max's county, so I respect what everyone has to say, but I think much of it--including my own stuff--is conjecture.  I am a lawyer, and I can't even purport to know how landlord-tenant law operates outside of the few counties in which I've actually practiced it.  Much of it is left to the judge's discretion. It's my opinion that Max's father could get Max removed from the premises.  Drug activity wouldn't be deferred by the police as a civil matter, because illegal possession of controlled substances are a criminal matter.  I agree that there are circumstances where drug possession and use would be fodder for a civil matter in addition to something the police dealt with.

I have never heard of someone being court-ordered into treatment, unless you are talking about a psych ward or some type of similar temporary hospital situation.  I have only heard of "court-ordered rehab" as something agreed to by all parties as an alternative to incarceration.  I am hoping it's not a real thing to force someone to get healthy under penalty of law.  Sounds Orwellian to me.

I'm much more in the camp of "let them hit bottom/stop enabling them" until they seek treatment on their own.  Anyway, I am moving on from the topic of what Max's father could theoretically do with Max.

4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I dunno. Things were different when I was coming up. We had crackheads, junkies, dope fiends, etc.  Rarely did I hear " he's a kid and he's sick" but I am noticing different drugs bring different levels of compassion. Poor Timmy from the suburbs is an addict and let's shower him with all the sympathy we can muster. I'm pretty sure Jen from Teen Mom tried that angle and now she has 30 year old father of three Ryan who still can't focus his eyes.

This 100%.  George Carlin did a really good bit about how we did society a huge disfavor when we changed "shell-shocked" to "post traumatic stress disorder."  Similarly, I am not very worried about hurting the feelings of a drug addict and I have no intention of making my language less precise to make a drug addict feel more comfortable.  Max lost sympathy from me when he was passed out at the hospital when Chloe was in active labor, but, yes, even more so when he committed the fraud.  Now it's not just a family affair, Jack!  Now there are externalities on the rest of society, so tell your story walking.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:26 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Rhyla's family is very dim as well. On 1 hand the mother wants to split the teens up, in the next breath she is hyping up how the baby is "IDENTICAL" to Anthony and he can move in while his mother is the devil. His mom does seem like a huge piece of trash though. But Rhyla acts like a spoiled kid and the mother is overwhelmed but won't stop giving in to a couple of teens. I'm not sure of her motivations yet but the TV paycheck comes to mind. 

Wow, I had a whole other take on Rilah's mom when I saw her on this episode.  I was like, do I actually like this woman??  Is she actually doing what is best for the kids and soon-to-be grandchild?  But, alas, I forgot about the cameras.  What better way to secure a spot on the show than to let the boyfriend move in?

That scene with Tyra and Alex was brutal.  It was directly out of the movie Winter's Bone, except the older, heavyset woman wasn't strumming on a banjo and signing bluegrass.  The depressing vibes of that home were emanating through my TV.  If I were Tyra, I would never go there again.  Ever.  It was fucking surreal that those old biddies were not just taunting Tyra, but the newborn baby too. "I don't care if you're sleeping"?  Are they freaking serious?  Alex definitely had a weird moment when he got exasperated with Tyra.  I still think he's one of the better fathers, but why the hell didn't he help Tyra out of the car right after she had an episiotomy, and maybe yell at the two crazy loons to get the baby??  I thought that was cold as ice.

The problem with Matthew (of Hailey and Matthew) is that Matthew is pathetically immature.  Not just immature for his age.  He literally doesn't know how to have a conversation.  A conversation that goes something like, "Hailey, please tell me what is wrong."  Ten year olds have those conversations!  He sees Hailey is upset, feels a vague sense of guilt,  he's either unable or unwilling to deal with it, he bails, and throws around vague phrases about females being crazy without taking any responsibility for--if not cheating--walking right up to the line of it, which is even worse in my opinion, because it gives the aggrieved party less of a clear-cut reason to leave the relationship.

I am a huge proponent of people who made a child together trying make it work (I am so happy that Laura from last season had such a good ending), but if I were advising Hailey, I would tell her to break up with Matthew, and not to take him back no matter how much he begs unless and until he gets therapy and then demonstrates that the therapy is working for a substantial period of time. The more she pouts and cries, the more control of the situation she is giving up.  If the asshole can't have a conversation, how is he supposed to raise a baby?  Probably another situation that could benefit from the court getting involved.

I gave up on counting Max's lies and deliberate misrepresentations when he said that Chloe's family caused his drug abuse, but this man-child is not right.  I do feel bad for his dad, but the dad needs to buck up. He has the demeanor of a 15 year old boy talking to his grandma about sex.  He is so meek.  He needs to take Max (figuratively or theoretically; I don't even care at this point) by the scruff of the neck and, to paraphrase Jeff VV, "there's nothing I will do to support your addiction, and there's nothing I won't do to help you."  And force him to take real action, not lie to a therapist for a few minutes and get iced coffee and a bagel.  (Ok, now I'm really done talking about Max's dad).

Well, this show is a joy, isn't it?  

Edited because I want Max's dad to shake him.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If I were Tyra, I would never go there again.  Ever.  It was fucking surreal that those old biddies were not just taunting Tyra, but the newborn baby too. "I don't care if you're sleeping"?  

Exactly! That would be the first and last time that greasy skank woke up my baby.

• Love 12

I've kicked a boyfriend out of my house that lived with me. No need for eviction, even though it was his legal residence. The cops just told me I had to put all his stuff in a safe place until he was able to get it and make sure to change my locks. 

Those women were complete jackasses to Tyra. She was beyond kind to go straight from the hospital to take the baby there, when they couldn't even drag themselves to go see her. Then they were rude the whole time. She's a better person than me, for sure because I would have cut the visit waaayy short. I think Alex has potential to be a great father. He seems to want to be. It's hard being stuck between your mother/grandma and girlfriend. He's young. Hopefully he will figure things out.

I can't stand Matthew. He is so awful and Hailey just takes it. She's cute and aside from being knocked up by such a loser, could do much better than him. Must be a small dating pool where they live. I just want to give her a hug and tell her to move on to better things. 

• Love 10

I am starting to wonder if Alex’s mother and grandmother don’t have some mental deficiencies.  They just didn’t act right to me, as in slow or even sub IQ level.  Alex seems fine, but neither woman behaved normally.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, b2H said:

I am starting to wonder if Alex’s mother and grandmother don’t have some mental deficiencies.  They just didn’t act right to me, as in slow or even sub IQ level.  Alex seems fine, but neither woman behaved normally.

I thought Alex’s mom was either tipsy or under the influence of something.

The way I was raised, if someone has a new baby, the visitor goes to the new mom to see the baby. Period.  I couldn’t believe that Alex’s grandmother and mom had the audacity to even think about asking Alex & Tyra to stop by with a brand new baby. I was horrified by their lack of manners! Totally horrified. When his grandmother made the quip about wanting to see the baby six days a week, my childless self wanted to crawl into the TV, attempt to shake some sense into her and remind her about the definition of the word “logistics.”  

Knowing that Alex’s mom didn’t raise him and considering the geography of where they live, the fact that she didn’t show up to the hospital when Layla was born isn’t totally shocking. I’m going to take a wild guess here and assume she struggles with addiction. It’s easy to tell that she’s lived a rough life, but she doesn’t look as hard or rough as Tyra’s mom though, who is somehow both the world’s oldest looking 38 year old and a thinner version of McKayla’s Grandma Cindy.

Anyone else think Alex’s mom is using the hair in her face to cover a lazy eye? I swear there was a nanosecond where we saw her face (maybe it was a photograph that flashed on screen?) and I remember thinking, “She is probably self conscious about her eye, but that hair is 100 times worse than anything else that might cause her to feel uncomfortable in her own skin.”

My brother has a friend who keeps his  sunglasses on indoors and in the evening, he always wears a floppy brimmed hat. I recently stumbled across some old photos and I had forgotten that the friend has a lazy eye, hence the glasses/hat all day long.

• Love 6
On 9/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Bridget said:

I thought Alex’s mom was either tipsy or under the influence of something.

The way I was raised, if someone has a new baby, the visitor goes to the new mom to see the baby. Period.  I couldn’t believe that Alex’s grandmother and mom had the audacity to even think about asking Alex & Tyra to stop by with a brand new baby. I was horrified by their lack of manners! Totally horrified. When his grandmother made the quip about wanting to see the baby six days a week, my childless self wanted to crawl into the TV, attempt to shake some sense into her and remind her about the definition of the word “logistics.”  

Knowing that Alex’s mom didn’t raise him and considering the geography of where they live, the fact that she didn’t show up to the hospital when Layla was born isn’t totally shocking. I’m going to take a wild guess here and assume she struggles with addiction. It’s easy to tell that she’s lived a rough life, but she doesn’t look as hard or rough as Tyra’s mom though, who is somehow both the world’s oldest looking 38 year old and a thinner version of McKayla’s Grandma Cindy.

Anyone else think Alex’s mom is using the hair in her face to cover a lazy eye? I swear there was a nanosecond where we saw her face (maybe it was a photograph that flashed on screen?) and I remember thinking, “She is probably self conscious about her eye, but that hair is 100 times worse than anything else that might cause her to feel uncomfortable in her own skin.”

My brother has a friend who keeps his  sunglasses on indoors and in the evening, he always wears a floppy brimmed hat. I recently stumbled across some old photos and I had forgotten that the friend has a lazy eye, hence the glasses/hat all day long.

I read in another group (I clearly have no life), that she was shot in the eye with a BB and now has a glass eye. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2