Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Family Affair

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

God I wish Emily would stop begging that little man for affection. She needs to get over him. He acts like he is repulsed by her and here she is begging for a kiss. Have no idea what she see in him. Move on Emily. You don't have to put up with this. 

Exactly. It’s hard to watch Emily beg for crumbs from this creep. I wonder if she just wants to keep his mom and sister, but the creep comes with the deal.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

Why is he always wearing his scrubs?   Even at home?

If he actually wore those scrubs in the office or to the hospital and attended to patients in said scrubs, then he really should take them off when he gets home and put them in the laundry.  Yuk if he's walking around in germy scrub!s  I'd wager that it's a clean pair though just so we can see that he's a doctor.  

6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I’m no fan of Ryan, but I wasn’t crazy about Spencer, either. I can’t put my finger on why. 

Just a minor nitpick, but Spencer needs to get his story straight.  Ryan didn't say that he called him a Nazi, but rather a racist.  

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Tamra's two sons are really unfortunate looking.

I've always that that they look like a family of rodents. That kid does not need all that hair. It just swallows up his compressed too-small head.

Edited by MadMiniaturist
  • LOL 8
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Pickles said:

This Brown Mother needs to go!! Seriously, she is LOVING being in the spotlight. She is not a housewife! Go away! 

Anyone who wears an EGO and MEDICINE WOMAN necklaces/badges wants to be the star of the show. 

Probably angling for a spin-off. Sorry lady, child-abandoners/neglecters don’t fly with normal people. 

• Love 12

Braunwyn managed to create herself as a normal human being more or less. Everyone has got foibles but given the demon mother who still is a narcissistic bitch, she seems to have cobbled together a more or less emotionally successful life. She is in a long term marriage to a man who seems to be genuinely successful enough to support an affluent lifestyle and has children who have not yet deviated into spawn from hell territory. This could change of course as housewives often implode but at the moment it seems amazing that she isn't more emotionally scarred.

Aside from the obvious of what person without some kind of extreme personality disordered dresses to attract so much attention, the woman is completely incapable of actually listening and acknowledging her daughter. From what I have observed in terms of their interactions as adults, one can only imagine what she was like as a child and the kind of physical and emotional neglect she suffered. That the woman could not listen to her one request in terms of not having the child interact with the aunt is chilling - as I heard it the aunt actually tells terrible things about Braunwynne to the children. 

I don't see Braunwynne as living in the emotional past. The essence of getting through and growing emotionally is to look at one's relationships with one's parents and see how that has actually impacted how one relates to the world as an adult. Whether that occurs when one is 20 or 40 or even 70 doesn't mean that it is  not necessary in order to actually put the past behind. 

What now needs to occur is for Braunwynne to realize that her mother is NEVER going to be able to grow in terms of their relationship and so Braunwynne needs to just accept the very limited emotional relationship the woman is capable of and move on from there. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Waaayy too much time devoted to Bronte, her hippy dippy mother, her boring kids, and her background. It is like she was heading for a session with Dr Phil, took a wrong turn and ended up on RHOOC. Please see yourself out, Bronte. 

Never mind.

Edited by Silver Bells
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s my understanding that he didn’t know Gina at the time and it happened in an open court room and was all public information. He just told her that she wasn't present and a bench warrant was issued and he knew because he was in the courtroom on another case so no ethical issues.

Shannon previously said that she told Gina to call her friend, this attorney, after her arrest but she didn't. She opted to go for this other attorney who screwed her (allegedly). She only hired Shannon's guy after the above situation went down. Definitely no ethical issues and actually a smart way to poach business. 

• Love 1

Newsflash, Vicki: you are NOT A GIRL. Ugh, I hate her, seriously cannot stand this bitch. You’re damn near 60, you are not a girl.

and certainly not a girl in middle school or high school with this rumor shit. Also, “Boring Wind”? There hasn’t been anything interesting about you in YEARS. 

And, Gina- self absorbed, much? Get your shit together. She’s one of those people who is a complete trainwreck (of her own doing) and expects people to just feel bad for her. The only thing that she isn’t responsible for is her husband’s affair. Everything else is due to her own stupid choices (thus far on the show. I’m not referring to recent events in the media).

• Love 19
Just now, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m pretty sure that was a screenshot of Emily’s phone because Shane’s contact was at the top

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!  Crap.  Let me fix it:  So, I'm the only one that noticed that Shane Emily had 212 unopened texts?????  What a jag!  Who does that?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!  Crap.  Let me fix it:  So, I'm the only one that noticed that Shane Emily had 212 unopened texts?????  What a jag!  Who does that?

😂 I think the original “What a jag!” statement applies here too, lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

God I wish Emily would stop begging that little man for affection. She needs to get over him. He acts like he is repulsed by her and here she is begging for a kiss. Have no idea what she see in him. Move on Emily. You don't have to put up with this. 

It's too bad - because she is smart and accomplished and is the bread winner.  But Emily also carries a lot of scars from her upbringing - she was poor and isolated with a mother who was not available because of her mental illness.  She seem to have latched on to Shane's family.  But it's unlikely their marriage will survive reality TV.

Braunwyn is boring. She likely will be a 1 season HW. 

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

It's too bad - because she is smart and accomplished and is the bread winner.  But Emily also carries a lot of scars from her upbringing - she was poor and isolated with a mother who was not available because of her mental illness.  She seem to have latched on to Shane's family.  But it's unlikely their marriage will survive reality TV.

Braunwyn is boring. She likely will be a 1 season HW. 

Emily is NOT the breadwinner. There is wealth on Shane's side of the family as she stated last season that Shane didn't have to work.

There is no way that Emily's work as an attorney supports the kind of lavish lifestyle that she has.

I would suspect that financial issues are the major glue in her staying in the marriage since the family's wealth wouldn't be a factor in terms of support or division of assets. I suspect that it is also a factor in terms of her relationship with the mother in law.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, amarante said:

Emily is NOT the breadwinner. There is wealth on Shane's side of the family as she stated last season that Shane didn't have to work.

There is no way that Emily's work as an attorney supports the kind of lavish lifestyle that she has.

I would suspect that financial issues are the major glue in her staying in the marriage since the family's wealth wouldn't be a factor in terms of support or division of assets. I suspect that it is also a factor in terms of her relationship with the mother in law.

You are claiming that Shane makes more money than Emily.  No way.  Just because there may be wealth from his family - doesn't make him the bread winner.

And he has alimony and child support with his ex-wife.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Why is he always wearing his scrubs?   Even at home?

I can tell you as a retired nurse that I never wanted to wear my scrubs or my work Reeboks at home. No way did I want to bring the germs that I encountered working into my home. It doesn’t make him look professional. It makes him look stupid or lazy IMO. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
48 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

You are claiming that Shane makes more money than Emily.  No way.  Just because there may be wealth from his family - doesn't make him the bread winner.

It doesn't matter what other obligations he has. Emily stated that he had enough wealth so he didn't have to work. 

Emily is certainly not bringing in enough money to support their lifestyle. She doesn't work enough hours and she wouldn't have enough prestige to charge a lot for each billable hour.

Attorneys don't actually make a lot of money unless they are partners in big firms where they have associates that they make a profit on or they are high level in house counsel. In any of these positions, you are working too many hours to be able to participate in a reality television show.

I am claiming that neither is the "breadwinner" but that whoever made the money in his family is heavily subsidizing their lifestyle in some way.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Exactly. It’s hard to watch Emily beg for crumbs from this creep. I wonder if she just wants to keep his mom and sister, but the creep comes with the deal.

I get the feeling she likes Shane ‘s family more than she likes Shane . However, once she leases that Jetta and the townhouse in a middle class neighborhood, they’ll have dumped her. Persian mama will never put Emily over her son, no matter how creepy and abusive he is. It’s obvious to me that she’s bonded onto pary as a mother figure.

i get Emily is annoying, but that shit he was pulling on her is abuse. It’s extra sick knowing she likely struggles with mental health issues. He’s pissed he can’t pass the Cali bar, and taking it out on her.

Shane is greasy and unwashed looking. Why try to hang onto that Em? The creep is worth a couple shekels in the divorce.

who was the child in the photo in the scene where he was tormenting her?

• Love 22

I felt so bad for Emily in that scene.  She was trying so hard to make it work (relationship, being a family, etc), and he seemed to be enjoying NOT making it work.  I also wanted to grab her and say "have some dignity and get away from this guy!"  Why would she want that to be seen on TV??? 😢😢😢

• Love 13

Emily shunning Gina at the kids' party & Gina being jealous about Shannon is all just a joke.  I feel like reaching through the screen and shaking both to say "nobody cares about either of you! Not the audience, not the other howives! NOBODY! Go fix your respective dumpster fire personal lives OFF SCREEN!" 

Stop trying to make Vicki happen, Shannon. Just stop.  Kelly is not playing with a "full deck" by any means but she is sure the hell right about staying far from Icki cancer scammer. Healing retreats should be only for current howives and no "friends of."  I'll even bet Icki had paid her own way without Bravo treating her to the retreat just to get on camera. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I find it funny that they are hawking all these expensive anti-aging products when Terry is probably surgically removing all of Heathers wrinkles the minute they appear.  In a way, they both make me sick.  Just how much money do they need?

People like them need lots of money because of the lifestyle they lead.  You can't keep building $50 million houses and have a small income.  I wouldn't buy one stinking thing from those two.  And isn't it funny that Terry is a plastic surgeon but is a very unfortunate looking man?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

When the ladies fly to Arizona, I hope they make a pitstop over some farmland and open the chute

I'm pretty sure some cornfield is missing its scarecrow

190903_4023084_The_Real_Housewives_of_Or

I'm losing interest in all the housewife shows.  And this ain't helping. 

Just get it over with and do a Real Moms of Housewives show.

Mama Joyce, Dale, Mama Dee, Parry, that one up there....

5 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Emily shunning Gina at the kids' party & Gina being jealous about Shannon is all just a joke.  I feel like reaching through the screen and shaking both to say "nobody cares about either of you! Not the audience, not the other howives! NOBODY! Go fix your respective dumpster fire personal lives OFF SCREEN!" 

Stop trying to make Vicki happen, Shannon. Just stop.  Kelly is not playing with a "full deck" by any means but she is sure the hell right about staying far from Icki cancer scammer. Healing retreats should be only for current howives and no "friends of."  I'll even bet Icki had paid her own way without Bravo treating her to the retreat just to get on camera. 

Last night on WWHL, cancer scammer was on.  A caller wanted to know how she was handling not getting an orange this year.  She made a joke about still waiting for the call to do the photo and then she said: I'm doing what I can to make it work.

And for a nano second. I admired her attitude.  Then I flogged myself to repent having a positive thought about her.

I do wonder what dropped her to friend status.  Cancer scamming didn't do it.  I don't believe it was over her accusing Kelly of doing cocaine because Rinna did it first to Dorit and wasn't demoted and Tamra brought the train rumor out.

So what did Vicki finally do?

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think Gina would have lost that "argument" with Emily. 

Paraphrasing: Oh your child saw you go off in an ambulance to get medical care, my kids would have seen me handcuffed and taken off to jail in a paddy wagon.

However, that "medical care" may have been one of the times Emily almost bled to death during a pregnancy. So lets see, Emily's kids saw her taken away in an ambulance because she could have died, and Gina's kids would have seen her get arrested for breaking the law and failing to appear in court. Hmmm,...

It was obvious to me that the analogy Emily was making was how terrible it was to have your children exposed to emotional trauma. In my world having your mother taken away in an ambulance would be terribly frightening to a child. 

And the reality is that when the police arrest someone with children present they are actually very conscious of not trying to create a traumatic situation for the children. They ask if there is someone who is available to take care of the children and they don't typically haul a compliant person away from the children in handcuffs in front of the children. They will ask the person to step out of sight of the children after making sure that the children have someone to take care of them.

In an medical emergency, EMT are just trying to save the life of the person and that trumps not traumatizing the children although obviously they are not trying to scare kids.

• Love 23
55 minutes ago, amarante said:

It doesn't matter what other obligations he has. Emily stated that he had enough wealth so he didn't have to work. 

Emily is certainly not bringing in enough money to support their lifestyle. She doesn't work enough hours and she wouldn't have enough prestige to charge a lot for each billable hour.

Attorneys don't actually make a lot of money unless they are partners in big firms where they have associates that they make a profit on or they are high level in house counsel. In any of these positions, you are working too many hours to be able to participate in a reality television show.

I am claiming that neither is the "breadwinner" but that whoever made the money in his family is heavily subsidizing their lifestyle in some way.

I would add that I know a few attorneys that have only been practicing for the last 5 years or so and they work extremely long hours. I actually don't know any lawyers who can work as little as Emily seems to, and still have a job. 

In addition, we know that Gina only made about $60,000 in her first year on the show, and I can't imagine why they would have paid Emily any more. Last year Shane did work, thought not as a lawyer. Chances are he made more than Emily, with what she was likely paid by the show, and for her PT attorney job. 

So though Shane may not have to work, he has worked at least last year and as an attorney in Utah. Mind you that may be to get away from Emily. As someone upthread posted, I f-ing love Shane, and find Emily exhausting. I have never seen anyone nag so much. I have also never seen anyone nag who actually nags their way into getting what they want. She really is a dense person. 

• Love 6

Shane brings to life the phrase: "sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin" I love a sarcastic remark as much as anyone, but I’ve seen firsthand how damaging sarcasm can be. Sarcasm can grow the distance between two people, even if they never even leave the same room. It will be increasingly difficult to grow closer to someone else when we rely so heavily on using sarcasm. After all, we are deflecting opportunities to be honest, straightforward, and vulnerable every time we make a sarcastic remark. While some comments might be light-hearted and funny, a habit of using sarcasm will not create an environment in which a healthy relationship will flourish.

When sarcasm is used with great frequency, trust within a relationship can erode over time. It can grow more and more difficult to decipher which remarks are sarcastic and which aren’t. A pattern of sarcasm might create some laughter, but it doesn’t lay the groundwork for a foundation of trust and vulnerability. 

Shane uses sarcasm maliciously as a way to shame, demean and keep Emily insecure. He also uses sarcasm as a way to manipulate her.  He makes her feel inferior, which makes her she shuts down as a result, and then he acts dismissive of her and winds up getting his way. He is a textbook abuser. I hated when he told her her performance boots looked like the Wicked witch of the west shoes. Did you catch him saying he was looking forward to her performance? He wasn't even going. So what he is really looking forward to is her being away from home. 

Dr. Deb is the worst. Why does Brownie even allow her to babysit her litter of kids if she won't follow her parental direction and was a shit parent to her?

Browned Wind's mom is still up to her usually tricks in pawning off her responsibilities to her mom. Brownie, had ever right to be pissed about the aunt situation but she should be equally pissed that she asked Dr. Deb to watch her twins and she just dropped them off at her mom's. If Dr. Deb is in her 60's the mom must be in her 80s or late 70s at least. Really, does she have the energy and mental capacity to watch 6-7 year old twins?

WTF was up with Dr. Deb wanting her ring back at dinner. How petty!

13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kelly's daughter got a TH?  WTF.  Kelly, be a good mother and don't allow this.  Shame on you.

This is the same woman that wanted her daughter to basically go into business with her boyfriend of a few months by promoting some teen skin care line on Jolie's social media accts. She is mommy dearest. 

12 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I choose to believe Spencer's mop top is a giant middle finger to his asshole bald half brother, therefore I support it.   

I think Ryan had actually started balding around Spencer's age. 

11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

By the way... anyone else notice that Jolie and Kelly had a pile of the Erika Jayne Too Faced line in one scene?

These jokes just write themselves. I know it is not meant in the usual 2 faced way, but I'll take it! LOL!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, amarante said:

Aside from the obvious of what person without some kind of extreme personality disordered dresses to attract so much attention, the woman is completely incapable of actually listening and acknowledging her daughter.

Yeah I don't see Mama Braun just "being kooky" I think she has a serious personality disorder. 

4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

She is typical BPD.

That makes sense!

3 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

and certainly not a girl in middle school or high school with this rumor shit. Also, “Boring Wind”? There hasn’t been anything interesting about you in YEARS. 

Vikie is so jealous of Braunwyn, she cannot even deal.  She has a husband who loves her and makes enough to support her (something Vickie has ALWAYS wanted), she is skinny (another Vickie sore spot) and she now holds Vickie's orange! 

3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Having 212 texts would give me such anxiety!  I get anxious when I have like 3 unopened texts.

2 hours ago, tealeaves said:

Yeah Shane is the winner of bread, as he is "wealthy" (Emily's word) enough to not have to work, and they live a pretty nice life. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Kelly Dodd may be emotionally unstable with severe anger issues, but she was not wrong in her assessment of Shane last year. He IS a little bitch. 

Despite Kelly being this n that and what people think about her, I feel like she has a big heart and is sensitive.  Also, I feel that she would be the first person to help someone who’s in trouble or is sad.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think Gina would have lost that "argument" with Emily. 

Paraphrasing: Oh your child saw you go off in an ambulance to get medical care, my kids would have seen me handcuffed and taken off to jail in a paddy wagon.

However, that "medical care" may have been one of the times Emily almost bled to death during a pregnancy. So lets see, Emily's kids saw her taken away in an ambulance because she could have died, and Gina's kids would have seen her get arrested for breaking the law and failing to appear in court. Hmmm,...

I still believe Gina is gaslighting Emily and has been doing so since the reunion.

Gina/Emily weren't great additions to the franchise - but of the 2 Emily had more audience approval. Gina will do anything to insure herself a role on the show. I know but I can not remember what it was - but Emily said something about Tamra's finances at the reunion and Tamra hates Emily's guts. Gina took her mentor's advice (Tamra) and began to buddy up to Shannon (Tamra helped pave the way) - this is before the new season began to film. It is easy for Gina to pretend to be Emily's friend while bad mouthing her to Shannon. It is easy for Tamra to make Shannon angrier at every thing that comes out of Emily's mouth.

Both Tamra and Gina know how reactive Shannon and Emily are. And both know how to push the buttons to get those reactions

Emily would never have brought up the train conversation in BH, unless Gina presented the story in such a way that either they were all on the Vicki hate train and she should be a part of it or Gina said bring it up and I'll chime in cause I have your back.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Dr. Deb is the worst. Why does Brownie even allow her to babysit her litter of kids if she won't follow her parental direction and was a shit parent to her?

....Brownie, had ever right to be pissed about the aunt situation but she should be equally pissed that she asked Dr. Deb to watch her twins and she just dropped them off at her mom's. 

WTF was up with Dr. Deb wanting her ring back at dinner. How petty!

Braun's mom is the worst.  Vile.  And Braun is doing herself no favors by keeping her involved in her life.

• Love 9

I keep mixing up Gina and Emily. Idk why. It's like they're rolled up into one annoying entity. Emily has some redeeming qualities like her body positive image & her work ethic to have gone from a poor lifestyle as a child to getting through law school to provide a life for herself and family. That said- she would do well with a Slade type guy. Blowing sunshine and rainbows up her butt while she brings home the $$ and he'd be the biggest camera whore around and loving it. Shane appears to have zero interest in doing this show and cameras are bringing our the worst in him. I find hard to believe he was ever anything other than the guy he is currently. He was Em's boss at the office and said "hey why not get married?" And so she did. He was never over the top with sweetness. Emily probably got a lot of attention to the effect of how much better "she deserves" after the show so it's feeding her neediness. I wish they'd just split though bc it's annoying to have to read 5 pages of "a**hole Shane" on the forums lol. We get it. He is mean. I'm sure there's a lid for every pot. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

I kinda can’t stand Ryan but an entire segment devoted to how you’re a 30 year old loser who acts out because you’re miserable with the fact that you’re a 30 year old loser as hashed out by your mom, step dad, and much younger half brother was, ooof, that was rough.

Especially since he is a 30 year old loser.

Bosawks, you are much kinder than I can be to him.  My only comment to Ryan on having his infinite "loser factor" discussed on television...tough shit.  Loser. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Shane: Passive agressive asshat. Emily is in a loveless marriage...dump him and get a good divorce attorney. He's awful.

Spencer: What the hell is going on with his hair??? Tammy Sue spends inordinate amounts of money and time on her hair, make up and plastic surgery...she could drop a dime and get this kid to a decent hair stylist. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Just a minor nitpick, but Spencer needs to get his story straight.  Ryan didn't say that he called him a Nazi, but rather a racist..  

That’s Ryan’s story on camera, we didn’t see it and have no idea what he accused him of calling him.

• Love 8

The only redeeming quality of this episode is that the Howives went to Five Crowns! I was raised in the OC, and went to Five Crowns with my gal pals for dinner on our graduation night in 1973. I couldn't believe that it's still there! This restaurant was one of the top restaurants in OC at the time. Probably not anymore, but it is an OC institution, like the Quiet Woman in LB.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, bosawks said:

I kinda can’t stand Ryan but an entire segment devoted to how you’re a 30 year old loser who acts out because you’re miserable with the fact that you’re a 30 year old loser as hashed out by your mom, step dad, and much younger half brother was, ooof, that was rough.

Especially since he is a 30 year old loser.

I loathe gross Ryan but this scene really angered me.  Way to pit your kids against each other Tammy Sue.  A kid should never have to hear their mother talking smack about them.  Especially to a sibling.

• Love 17

I live in the San Diego area. La Jolla is in the San Diego area and is where “Dr. Brian” lives and works. I’m guessing this commercial only ran In the Southern California area, but during last night’s show there was a commercial for his La Jolla  cosmetic surgery practice.😳

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mar said:

I live in the San Diego area. La Jolla is in the San Diego area and is where “Dr. Brian” lives and works. I’m guessing this commercial only ran In the Southern California area, but during last night’s show there was a commercial for his La Jolla  cosmetic surgery practice.😳

I love that this guy is using this show to promote his practice and is getting laid while he’s doing it....😂😂😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Me too! So humiliating. Not enough money in the world 

• Love 7