Type keyword(s) to search

Tamron Hall - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Synopsis from the show's website:

From the deeply moving to the purely fun, “Tamron Hall” will be a daily destination for all things topical and a platform for viewers to connect with the people who are shaping our world through meaningful, engaging, and entertaining conversations.

Tamron Hall premieres September 9th.  Stations and air times will vary so check your local listings.

• Love 1

The show was nothing really new, just an ordinary daytime talk show that everyone has seen before.  I think its success will hinge on whether the audience connects with Tamron.  She has a dedicated, established fan base, but how big is it and will she build on that.

The rougher spots were her opening monologue or audience chat during which she thanked former Today colleagues Savannah, Willie and Al.  I think it would be better if she sat or stood in front of the audience instead of standing out there among the audience.  And the ending of the show where Tamron took selfies with the audience while they were leaving the studio was weird.  I hope that was just a one off thing and not something they do every day.

To sum things up, the show was OK but there are some kinks that need to be ironed out. 

• Love 3

Watched first episode.  Things I liked:  Tamron being in the audience. It gave me an old school Oprah type feel.  The 3 folks beaming in from home gave me a Phil Donahue "caller are you there?" type feel.   Things that need work:  Tamron needs to dial it back a little.  I know she is hyped. It's her first show but calm down girl.  You got this.  Looking forward to watching more shows.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

Things that need work:  Tamron needs to dial it back a little.  I know she is hyped. It's her first show but calm down girl.  You got this.  Looking forward to watching more shows.

Tamron was like that on the Today show, especially when paired up with Al Roker.  Those two acted like perpetually excited fifth graders.  I concluded that that's just how she is.   

She was less visibly nervous today, so much so that I wished the audience chat portion was a little longer.

Tamron's wigs are amazing, but her real hair is cute, too.  It's smart of her to try to touch on issues that mostly affect Black women and try to cultivate that audience.  I noticed Black women were the ones who were the most vocal about Tamron being fired from Today, hopefully that can garner her enough viewers.  I know I'm going to try to watch every day.

• Love 7

I don't know. Not a fan of those huge monitors in the back of the audience with the three at home viewers. Just looks weird and creepy to me. Also, the audience interaction is too much for me.  I really don't care what the audience thinks. As soon as someone utters a sound, Tamron practically jumps on them, makes them stand up and it seems forced and awkward. Plus her standing at the street exit is just odd to me.

• Love 2

I'm still enjoying the show, but it's not exactly something that makes me want to run to here or Twitter to talk about. 

It was funny that Kenya from Real Housewives was on few days ago on the IVF episode bragging about her husband and baby and just yesterday it was announced they were divorcing.  Here's a clip of Kenya calling her husband the love of her life.  Does she think anyone believes they were still a couple on Monday when she announced they are breaking up on Thursday?

• Love 3

I'm watching Friday's episode. What I like about Tamron is that she's down to earth and can laugh at herself. I also like that she can through subtle shade and keep it moving as though nothing ever happened.

• Love 1

News flash - 🔥

tamron is wearing the world's strangest/ugliest dress in the world today. 🌎

someone in the wardrobe department must hate her. Hoping she didn't choose it on her own.

news flash over. 💨

• Love 1

The NY Post and, even, TMZ are better sources for media gossip than the Fail.  Huff Post, Variety, the Daily Beast and FTV Live.com are better as well.  I wouldn't be surprised either way, most of these people in the media have fragile egos, but I'm not taking much that the Daily "What's Meghan Done Wrong Today" Mail too seriously.

Tamron went to Al Roker's holiday party.  Tamron posted a picture with her old Today's Take co-hosts minus, unsurprisingly, Natalie Morales.

• Love 1

Season 3 episode 1 today.

Not a fan of that Beatles style hairdo or the big fake eyelashes.

Her face is so pretty, she can pull off that off the look she used to have with her hair off her face and spiked up a little. Like Halle Berry used to look.

What is up with Tamron?  She informs two guests that she is paying for their dinner..her treat, but then tells them they can’t get anything too pricy…no filet mignon. Lol.  It didn’t seem like a joke either.  She implied she was paying for it out of her pocket.  Is she broke?  Idk…seems odd to me.  One of the guests was a young woman learning to trust again, after being hurt in prior relationships.  The other was a counselor trying to give her learn to trust again.   

• Love 1

Tamron is a really beautiful woman. Face and figure. But the blond hair is not a good look imo. And the style. Like a modified Kate Gosselin / Karen / Flock of Seagulls style. Last season it looked like she was wearing a Beatles type wig, all combed down flat. What was she thinking? The maintenance on that is going to easily be every 2/3 weeks for touchup. It ages her too imo. And now her makeup looks odd too. Very neutral and pale. 

Edited by seasons
59 minutes ago, seasons said:

Tamron is a really beautiful woman. Face and figure. But the blond hair is not a good look imo. And the style. Like a modified Kate Gosselin / Karen / Flock of Seagulls style. Last season it looked like she was wearing a Beatles type wig, all combed down flat. What was she thinking? The maintenance on that is going to easily be every 2/3 weeks for touchup. It ages her too imo. And now her makeup looks odd too. Very neutral and pale. 

I just took a look at this clip. I’m not sure if I like it yet.  Hmmm….  I think I like it though.  I do like the outfit.  I suppose she was going for a big change. I didn’t watch the full episode to hear her explanation.  I will say that being blonde is a big plus for me.  I have fair skin and light blue eyes, but with the blonde hair people treat me a lot different. I’m not sure why, but it’s definitely a more positive vibe. Oh, I wonder if she was fighting grey hair.  It’s easier to cover that with blonde than a dark color.  

She looks different.  That’s for sure.  

• Love 2
On 9/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, After7Only said:

I think the blond goes along with some type of golden theme she has for this season.   Will be interesting to see how long she keeps it.  It has to be damaging to the hair to maintain that light of blond on short hair.  

Not to mention that she perms her hair.  The combination of bleaching and perming her hair is going to be hard for her though.  I bet you she will go back to black when she gets tired of the work that she has to put in in order to keep her hair healthy.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Fortunately it was just a wig: https://tamronhallshow.com/videos/tamron-hall-says-goodbye-to-blonde-hair-reveals-it-was-a-wig/

Has Tamron ever had long hair during her TV career? Like Anita Baker, I can't imagine her with long hair. The short look fits her just right. 

Her wig fooled me and I can't believe that she is over 50..  I am so happy that things have been looking up for her since she got screwed over by NBC.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Her wig fooled me and I can't believe that she is over 50..  I am so happy that things have been looking up for her since she got screwed over by NBC.

As another fake blonde once said, "when one door closes, another one opens. BOOP!". 😉 I read that her show along with Sherri Shepherd and Jennifer Hudson's are doing great in the ratings. I don't get to watch Tamron's show since it was moved to 2AM in my area, but I'm so proud of her. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Fortunately it was just a wig: https://tamronhallshow.com/videos/tamron-hall-says-goodbye-to-blonde-hair-reveals-it-was-a-wig/

Has Tamron ever had long hair during her TV career? Like Anita Baker, I can't imagine her with long hair. The short look fits her just right. 

She's said before she cut her hair short because the guy she was dating at the time favorite singer was Anita Baker.   I

• Useful 2
On 9/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, After7Only said:

She's said before she cut her hair short because the guy she was dating at the time favorite singer was Anita Baker.   I

I love how Tamron uses her platform to celebrate Black women. The other day she was honoring MC Lyte..

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love how Tamron uses her platform to celebrate Black women. The other day she was honoring MC Lyte..

I don't know if you're familiar with the gospel singer Kim Burrell, but she was on the show recently and tried to talk down on fellow gospel singer (and legend imo) Yolanda Adams for not having her back following the backlash she rightfully received after a homophoboc sermon in 2017. Tamron firmly but politely put the kibosh on that right quick. Shut 'em down with class.

• Useful 2
(edited)

Oh my gosh, how many seasons is she into the show now with her Emmys behind her and she still is so hyped for the entire show? I find it incredibly annoying. It seems like she’s yelling the whole time. And it feels forced and fake and phony. I agree with the post that said that she should go back to news reporting . Unwatchable for me.

Edited by seasons