Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: I Found You

So are we supposed to just gloss over the revelation that Andy promised Kenya a promotion, and instead gave Jason far more responsibility than her?

Jason being the guy who blackmailed Andy to get on the police force, because he was too dumb to pass the intelligence exam? The same intelligence exam that Kevin, of all people, was presumably able to handle?

It's not like Andy's never done anything dickish before. But now it's harder than ever for me to see him as the sweetly befuddled family man who means well.

Andy was also addicted to V during  the year in which that all happened- When Jason officially joined the police force etc. We don't know for sure how Jason got there, maybe he did actually pass the test... He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but Jason isn't a complete moron either.

(edited)

She said that she "took care of Tara like she should've a long time ago." That was a big red flag for me.

That's what did it for me too. I also find it interesting that in Lettie Mae's fantasies she can't understand what Tara is saying to her. If it were really the case of Tara trying to warn the town I think that  a)she wouldn't do it by contacting Lettie Mae of all people to be her messenger and b) Tara could have just taken over Laf if she really had desperate information to reveal anyway. Whatever is going between Tara and Lettie Mae is personal. I don't think we are going to find out until towards the end but I am about 85-90% positive she staked her. 

Andy was also addicted to V during  the year in which that all happened- When Jason officially joined the police force etc. We don't know for sure how Jason got there, maybe he did actually pass the test... He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but Jason isn't a complete moron either.

If this episode is any indication, Jason is no dumber than the rest of the town. Actually, he's probably smarter the majority so I can believe he passed the test. But yeah, Andy was also on V for much of that time period as well.

Edited by Turkish
  • Love 1

Jason and Eric. My life is complete. The show can end right now because there will never be a hotter sex scene in this show.

That's what did it for me too. I also find it interesting that in Lettie Mae's fantasies she can't understand what Tara is saying to her. If it were really the case of Tara trying to warn the town I think that  a)she wouldn't do it by contacting Lettie Mae of all people to be her messenger and b) Tara could have just taken over Laf if she really had desperate information to reveal anyway. Whatever is going between Tara and Lettie Mae is personal. I don't think we are going to find out until towards the end but I am about 85-90% positive she staked her. 

If this episode is any indication, Jason is no dumber than the rest of the town. Actually, he's probably smarter the majority so I can believe he passed the test. But yeah, Andy was also on V for much of that time period as well.

A-fucking-men to Jason being smarter than most in that town. He's vastly underestimated.

Even if Jason eventually managed to pass the IQ test - and we don't know if he did or not - he still has significantly less experience than Kenya, and he would never have even been considered for the force if he hadn't resorted to blackmail.

She'd have every right to be pissed off - especially if she was promised a promotion and then didn't get it.

(edited)

Even if Jason eventually managed to pass the IQ test - and we don't know if he did or not - he still has significantly less experience than Kenya, and he would never have even been considered for the force if he hadn't resorted to blackmail.

She'd have every right to be pissed off - especially if she was promised a promotion and then didn't get it.

Lets say Andy did dick over her over. Fair enough she had a right to be pissed. When it happened. Now if Kenya had an ounce of intelligence she would know that putting guns in the hands of the braintrusts of Bon Temps is a really fucking bad idea. She even said as much before allowing herself to be easily manipulated into giving them up to that angry mob. Fine police work indeed. That had to be more a fuck you to Andy than having any concern for the people of the town.

Edited by Turkish
  • Love 3

OK, when I said I want Eric back I wasn't expecting that. I guess it's a nice metaphore, with the show ending so does the only good thing about it. Unless there's a cure...

Maybe the showrunners hate the fact the audience likes Eric more than Bill (and they prefer Bill), so they constantly make Eric less and less powerful? 

• Love 1

When Lettie Mae referred to "taking care of Tara" I assumed she meant when she let Tara feed off of her, not that she killed her.

Regardless, I absolutely *LOATHE* that woman and she cannot get off my screen fast enough. I despise her like poison, and I think she may end up being the death of Willa.

The spectacular part: The Jason/Eric scene. I loved it! It was actually physically hotter in my living room when that scene was over. Phew! Beyond awesome, and the actors went all in, which was much, much appreciated.

The good parts: Pretty much all of Jason, especially how he's such an expert on left-over pizza that he could tell how old it was. That was such fun. Sookie and Bill (I don't care what anyone thinks, I love them together). Eric and Pam, but OMG, he's sick :( Somehow, someone needs to save him. Anything LaFayette. Jess and Andy.

The meh parts: St Alice, the diary and bittersweet memories, Sookie and Alcide (the guy is hot, but there's absolutely no chemistry there IMHO). The Ladies of the Dungeon.

The bad: Fucking townies! Kenya, grr.

The horrendous: Anything Lettie Mae and Tara. Just go away already!

When Lettie Mae referred to "taking care of Tara" I assumed she meant when she let Tara feed off of her, not that she killed her.

I think it was the classic misdirect. The line could be interpreted as feeding her or killing her. It's one of those situations where the writer intends the audience to take it at face value (feeding), while hinting at something else (killing). 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was saying just last week before the premiere that the only thing I still wanted to see this season was Jason and Eric getting it on. I guess they heard me! Thanks, show, now I can stop watching whenever I finally get fed up.

Maybe the Jason/Eric scene put me in a good mood, but I actually didn't mind that too much. Yes, once we figured out everyone in St. Alice had died, it was time to move on, not waste time with diaries and everybody looking sad. And there was way, way too much Lettie Mae and not enough Lafayette. But most of the rest of it held my attention at least, and that's more than I can say for half of what went on last season.

Whatever else happens, I'm rooting for the Andy Bauer + Holly + kids + Jessica family to live happily ever after.

Where was Alexander Skarsgaard when they were filming this season? It looked like they flew him in to a resort hotel in San Diego for all his scenes.

Edited by Anne Elk

Anyone have any thoughts (or remember what happened) to cause the dead bodies in the freezer walk in at Merlotte's?

I'm taking this season with a giant pinch of salt.  I loved Jason's pizza forensics, for instance.  That he kept eating the slice just cracked me up.  Arlene didn't even bug me much, complimenting the HepV teacher on teaching her idiot kids.  I just can't with Sookie always returning to Bill, however.

• Love 1

When the Jason/Eric scene came on, I thought we were in for one hell of an episode. Mistaken again. Except for the beginning, it was just boring. They've only  got 8 more episodes until it's done, they couldn't come up with something better than this?

• Love 1

Arlene must be a carrier of Hep-V or something, right?  Last week it seemed like she was sniffed and they moved on to someone else.  This week it was like her blood accelerated that vamp's death.

I took this as a sign that she has some genetic difference capable of making the virus attack itself, kind of borrowed from the findings that some people can contract HIV, but their system allows them to actually destroy it.

The scene brought me right back to Bill hovering over the microbiologist (or whomever that poor guy was) that he had forced into synthesizing fairy-quality blood (can't guarantee that was exactly what was going on because this show is Sybil on steroids) and how there might be another similar situation where, if she can get out of there, Arlene will be the person from whom they can create a vaccine or some such thing. It's kind of hilarious that we go between seasons/episodes of high-minded scientific inquiry and targeted warfare on vampires right back to no one noticing a town's population had gone missing for years and the town dum-dums creating an army out of broken mops stolen from Bellefleurs.

• Love 1

Arlene will be the person from whom they can create a vaccine or some such thing. It's kind of hilarious that we go between seasons/episodes of high-minded scientific inquiry and targeted warfare on vampires right back to no one noticing a town's population had gone missing for years and the town dum-dums creating an army out of broken mops stolen from Bellefleurs.

That's an interesting point about Arlene. I doubt that they showed Mrs. Harris disolving to goo just for the ick factor; I definitely thought "something in Arlene's blood is causing this."

The dates in the diary I took for demonstrating that the timeline of the show is much, much shorter than what we've experienced. Some entire seasons for us took place in the space of a week or so, show-time, not to mention the lack of the year-long wait between seasons we've endured.

(edited)

Good things: Jessica/Andy/Adalyn, Jason (though he lost points for declaring his affection for Gross Violet even while having a V-inspired sex dream), Lafayette calling out Lettie Mae, Willa, Alabama Shakes playing over the end credits. 

If you told me during the first 4 seasons of this show what I'd be bored out of my skull during a scene when Jason and Eric were all over each other I would've slapped you in the damn face. Yet there I sat, bored out of my skull.

Can someone tell me what useful information they learned from their field trip to St. Alice? Seriously. I feel like they knew all that shit already. I found myself vacillating between blind rage and fits of laughter while Sookie was reading the diary. The rage was due to the aggressively hamfitsed parallels to Bill/Sookie (and fuck you show for the flashbacks. I watched season 1 and I remember that stuff because it was back when you were good!) and the laughing was due the very detailed journaling going on while people were apparently dying left and right.

Here's a question......why doesn't our Scooby Gang* move to St. Alice? The vamps have already emptied that place and moved on, so they presumably wouldn't go back.

Seriously when was the last time you watched True Blood with undivided attention? I didn't know what was going on either.

Hee. I think that's my problem. I do watch with my undivided attention and find myself fuming most of the time.

I fast-forwarded through part of the mob stuff.  Though I appreciated the reference to the rapid growth of the fairy child, I always think it's a bit weird when a show randomly indicates that the background players know what's going on, or at least a part of it.  Also, I don't know any of those characters enough to care, and there's already enough tension (well...possible tension) without them.  

This is driving me crazy. All through the scene where the dumb mob with the new "mayor" are getting riled up in the Merlotte kitchen I just kept saying to myself "Who the fuck are these people! I don't care about any of them in anyway! Get off my screen! Why are you all on my screen?!?!?!" Adalyn actually proved to be one of the smartest people in town by hearing about something terrible and going to the cops. Too bad the writers forgot that Kenya was awesome and decided to make her an idiot. The Kenya we knew in prior seasons would never in a million years given mob of complete morons access to police weapons no matter how pissed off she was about Andy.

I was facepalming everywhere when they were all shooting the guns off at the station. I mean, these are adults. . . .just. . . . what the fuck?!?!? No one in that town is ever allowed to make fun Jason's intelligence ever again.

*My sincerest apologies to the Scooby Gang for the comparison.

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 2
You know you're in trouble when most of your episode is divided between an angry mob of background extras and vampires we've never met before while Sookie and the Scooby gang wander through the rejected sets from the Walking Dead.

We only have a handful of episodes left, so let's spend it on a bunch of characters nobody cares about.  It sure made me wish the final episodes of Breaking Bad had spent a lot of time catching up on what Walter White's former high school students were doing. 

Oh, no, wait, it didn't.

• Love 1

Oh yes... Jason has stockholders syndrome big time. Violet needs to go bye bye.

Does he collect dividends for that stock?

Hey, crazier things have happened on this show...

My question is why don't the town's people who can leave, just leave during the day, and escape the town?  

I never got why anyone EVER stayed in Bon Temps, even before this.  I mean even without Vamps and other monsters it seems like its kind of a shit hole.  Add in the monsters?  I get that there are apparently Vamps everywhere, but it seems like Bon Temps is kind of an epicenter for Shit, and that should have driven out the entire town years ago.

Either they have completely run out of inspiration, or they actually decided that having an entire episode dedicated to filler and a pointless blood dream hook up between the only two characters who haven't hooked up yet... just, you know, because... was a good idea. Halfway through I didn't know whether to hope there was a lot more in anticipation of something actually happening or a lot less so the boring suck fest would be over.

And if I have to hear one more time about Sookie's "great love" for Bill, I'll hurl. Do none of the writers remember what he did to her?

• Love 2

The Blood Dream between Jason and Erik nearly killed me with funny. It was like it was lifted straight from AO3. And that fits Jasons character a bunch - that is exactly, what Jason would imagine sex with Erik to be like.

Now I am stuck trying to figure out what Adilyn would dream, and it would just have to be something nearly nauseatingly romantic. I'm talking wedding on a farie green, followed by a bed of roses. Please show? ;)

(edited)

I know she's a horrendous person but I loved Maxine Fortenberry saying in regards to Adilyn, "Who was a newborn the last time I checked.  The fucks going on with that I have no idea."  Hilarious but then she always has been funny.

I liked Lafayette delivering the verbal smack down on Lettie Mae and Arlene trying to get the prisoners out of the basement.  Everything else was *yawn*

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
And if I have to hear one more time about Sookie's "great love" for Bill, I'll hurl. Do none of the writers remember what he did to her?

You know what...I don't remember.  I'm not asking for a history lesson- it's better to not know, I'm sure.  But...I don't remember, and I don't even really remember Sookie/Bill as a couple even with the flashbacks when she was reading her doppleganger's diary.  It's funny, they mention the date and it highlights the compressed timeline for the characters but damned if it doesn't feel like forever ago for me as a viewer.

Loved the Eric/Jason moment, but the last scene of the episode destroyed my happiness. They better find a cure for that virus. And yet, I'm afraid the writers are going to let him die. It sucks.

Jason's pizza forensics LOL

Sookie and Bill again? Really, show?

Lettie Mae is a character I really, really love to hate. To me, she's the most disgusting character on the show. I mean, I can't say anything good about her. She's pathetic, weak, ignorant, bigoted and a horrible mother. And I still believe she's the one who killed Tara. Ugh.

• Love 3

You know when you are checked out of a show when you see a Lambie doll in a crib of a most likely dead child and immediately think, "Doc McStuffins wasn't on the air until 2012 so how was a toy from the show in a crib way back in 2011?"  Seriously, why did I even notice that?

My idea for the finale:  just as the world seems about to end, special guest star Sarah Michelle Gellar gets to town in full Buffy mode and sets it all right.

• Love 8

What I don't understand is how the infected vampires are really even an issue. At dusk, go home, lock the doors, close the windows and blinds/drapes/whatever (so you can't be hypnotized), and whatever you do, absolutely do not open the door for anyone after dark. The vampires can't come in unless invited. GO HOME! I'm sorry if you are that stupid to be roaming around after dark with rogue vampires in the area, you deserve to die.

• Love 10
(edited)

What I don't understand is how the infected vampires are really even an issue. At dusk, go home, lock the doors, close the windows and blinds/drapes/whatever (so you can't be hypnotized), and whatever you do, absolutely do not open the door for anyone after dark. The vampires can't come in unless invited. GO HOME! I'm sorry if you are that stupid to be roaming around after dark with rogue vampires in the area, you deserve to die.

I came here to say the same thing!  And I can't remember but do crosses and garlic work? 

And why did 5 people have to go to the St. Alice to find out why no one was answering the phone?   It made no sense and was compounded when they just happen to find the last hold out in town the conveniently had pizza to determine a timeline and a diary to outline what happened.  What?  Really?

The Eric and Jason scene was hot!  And the only thing that would have made it hotter would have been me in the middle!

Edited by gaPeach
(edited)

Oh, I love to hate this show. It's a shame this is the last year to love to hate it. But I liked it anyway. (That's the thing with True Blood: no matter how stupid the episode is, it's still awesome, partly because it was stupid.)

I'm not sure what the point was of the field trip to Saint Alice. They learned pretty much nothing that they didn't already surmise when they were standing over Mary Beth's body in the woods. (I liked how Sookie piped up, "Oh, by the way, I found a dead girl in the woods last night, let's see if we can figure out where she came from.") The only good thing was Jason's pizza forensics, which I thought couldn't get any better until the scene continued and we saw him still eating the pizza. Ha! Never change, Stackhouse. And even death, a girl's diary is sacred. Put that down, Sookie, you ain't learning anything anyway.

I also don't really get why the people don't just leave town during the day. I mean, the Hep vamps aren't confined to Bon Temps so it's not like they're going to get away from danger altogether by going somewhere else, but they KNOW the vamps are targeting Bon Temps right now and they'll be back. Leave! The vamps can only come out at night. Travel somewhere else during the day, stay locked inside at night. In fact, I'm not sure what the problem is with just staying inside right where they are. Why would anyone even leave their house at all at night knowing what's going on? But since they can't follow that bit of vampire common sense, then go somewhere else where the rabid bloodsuckers aren't known to be prowling the streets looking for rations. I would just like one person to bring it up (besides Alcide, who was referring only to him and Sookie getting out of Dodge and leaving everything and everyone else behind); just one person to mention, "Hey, let's get the hell out of here before they come back!" and then someone point out that the vamps are everywhere and they'll traveling and they'll eventually catch up with them wherever they go next. Just bring it up, at least. Say that they need to stay in Bon Temps and take their town back, that they're not gonna let a bunch of diseased vampires run them out of their home. But it's not like they're staying to stage a counterattack (yet). They're just sitting around keeping watch for when they come back and hope they can take one out with a silver bullet when it gets too close. And they don't need to do that in Bon Temps. They can be doomed sitting ducks anywhere. Whatever.

I really don't know what to make of the Tara/Lettie Mae situation. I never would have thought that Lettie Mae was the one who killed her before I read comments online, though I agree it's not outside the realm of possibility. I was thinking that if that other vamp killed Tara, why didn't he kill/kidnap Lettie Mae, but maybe that whistle that called all the Hep vamps away was what stopped him. But I suppose it's also possible that Tara killed him and then Lettie Mae killed her. Maybe she thought she was "freeing" her and now, her "visions" are telling her that Tara is "stuck." Maybe she didn't kill her at all but she's still interpreting the visions that way just the same. I don't know.

But I also agree that Lettie Mae is pretty pathetic. You know, knowing this show, Tara probably really is trying to communicate with her, but you know Lettie Mae doesn't want more V so she can see more visions. She just wants to get high. I could barely look at the TV when she held her hand down in the frying pan. Dude, Willa's pretty weak-willed. I'd bet she would have given her her blood even for just that first little burn. Lettie didn't have to destroy her whole hand. I don't need to see that shit. I did like Lettie Mae's scene with Lafayette. I thought that was some good acting on both of their parts - they very much conveyed the roles of two family members who are quietly grieving another while barely concealing the fact that they actually despise each other. It actually caught me off guard for a moment that Lettie Mae knew all about Lafayette's medium abilities. Sometimes I forget that in these small towns where everyone knows everything about everybody, there is no need for people to actually be involved in someone's life or social circle to hear about their magical powers.

On the one hand, it's interesting to see all the townsfolk extras get some screentime as if they're real characters; on the other hand, they're not real characters! Go away! I'm very disappointed in Kenya. I thought she was the only person at that station who had a brain. I almost understand - she's as scared as everyone else is about the Hep vamps and she probably wants to hunker down and lock and load herself, but she's a cop and she has a job to do and Andy trusted her to do her job. And now these folks make her realize that Andy doesn't really trust her as much as she thinks, that she's in charge because she's the only one left since he would rather take Stackhouse along for his missions. And so, fuck it. She's gonna lock and load. But then again, I don't understand. They may be right about Andy, right about her job, right about her promotion, but none of that changes the fact that what they're asking her to let them do is a BAD IDEA. And the fact that she caved in so easily to the mob mentality kinda proves why she ain't getting no promotion.

The Hep vamps at Fangtasia are already boring me. It's a shame Betty had to keel over and die right when she was about to rescue them. I'm not sure if Arlene's blood is what did her in, that there's something about her blood or she's a Hep carrier or what. I think Betty was just about to drop dead. She was noticeably weak already when she came downstairs. I think it was just a coincidence. I think the timing was just tragically ironic - she's going to save them! Yay ... whoops.

Jason. Eric. Shameless fan service. Me like anyway.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 1
The Kenya we knew in prior seasons would never in a million years given mob of complete morons access to police weapons no matter how pissed off she was about Andy.

I was facepalming everywhere when they were all shooting the guns off at the station. I mean, these are adults. . . .just. . . . what the fuck?!?!? No one in that town is ever allowed to make fun Jason's intelligence ever again.

The way this town's inhabitant's are portrayed can't be doing much for southern US tourism. 

The vamps can always burn down the buildings to get the humans to come outside.

In this town? The vamps don't need to expend that much energy, someone will get a stupid idea and run outside and get eaten. 

• Love 2

Anyone have any thoughts (or remember what happened) to cause the dead bodies in the freezer walk in at Merlotte's?

The walk in freezer bodies are a complete mystery to me... how did they get there?? The vamps attacked outside, everybody rushed inside or got eaten/kidnapped until the whistle blew, so then the vamps vanished... All the characters were then inside Merlotte's... so when/how did bodies get in there? Who would have put them in there? Makes no sense to me...

I came here to say the same thing!  And I can't remember but do crosses and garlic work? 

And why did 5 people have to go to the St. Alice to find out why no one was answering the phone?   It made no sense and was compounded when they just happen to find the last hold out in town the conveniently had pizza to determine a timeline and a diary to outline what happened.  What?  Really?

Crosses do nothing, garlic is 'irritating' but that's about it... so to a hungry vamp, I don't think it would matter. The problem with just expecting to be safe in your house is that they can do things to your house to force you to come outside- light it on fire, throw things through the windows etc. and all they need is a human to glamour and they can get inside.  

I do think that's a better idea than going on the road and running away, though... especially if you have a healthy vampire friend to help keep you safe. The infected vamps are everywhere, so where are you going to run to? And how do you know you'll be able to find gas/ food/shelter during the drive?

By going to St. Alice and finding the diary, Sookie and co know they vamps have a plan- they hit a town and keep coming back until there's no one left instead of hitting a town and moving on to the next one. They went through St. Alice in a matter of days, and just as quickly were moving on to another town.   We also learned from the infected that they didn't get as many people as they expected in Bon Temps- that having healthy vampires on the side of the humans actually did make a difference. So they just need to make things more difficulty for the hepVs and they will move on to an easier target.

Roaming the town after dark with a bunch of guns they hardly know how to use is just asking to be murdered.... though most of that group I'm not going to miss.

A slight improvement over last week-just slight. It looks like almost everyone in Bon Temps has lost their damn minds, for various reasons. First, Jason. I knew that Eric's blood would mess with Jason's mind, but I never thought it would be as crazy nor sexy as that, but Jason topping Eric? In Jason's dreams. However, I loved it. I saw more passion between Jason and Eric than I do with Jason and Violet. As for Jason's claim that he's "crazy about [Violet]," I think he's crazy about fucking her. Big difference. On another note, it looks like Eric has not only been infected, his refusal to drink from human donors looks like he's not only still mourning Nora, he wants to join her, which is a lovely sentiment, but where does that leave Willa, the baby vamp he just made? Still stuck in Rev. Daniels' basement and being Lettie Mae's man V-source. LM claims to need it to reconnect with Tara, but given her substance abuse issues, Tara's just a convenient excuse for her to leap off the wagon, which Lafayette knows, hence his refusal to buy LM's bullshit. Speaking of Lafayette, I missed James, that's how good I thought their chemistry was last week. I haven't seen Lala click this much with someone since Jesus. Re Jessica, as if her inability to protect Adalin from an angry mob in daytime wasn't bad enough, her unhealed wounds could mean that she's either weak, hungry or infected with Hep V. Redemption is another factor. If Jessica is infected, she could redeem herself to Adalin and Andy by saving Adalin before she meets the True Death.

The trip to St. Alice was definitely a metaphor for New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina: buildings looted and abandoned, pleas to the Feds for help being ignored and worst of all, the public corpses. The scenes in the murder victim's home were especially heavy-handed, because they told the story of a girl who fell in love with a vamp and tragedy followed. To his credit, Alcide told Sookie that she's not like that girl, which she promptly disproved by tricking Alcide and once again going out alone at night with H-vamps on the loose. As for Sookie's running back to Bill again, lather, rinse, repeat, yawn.

Re Arlene, Holly, Nicole and Jane, while they're still trapped in Fangtasia, for one brief, shining moment, it looked like Betty, the former teacher/H-vamp, was about to save them until she met the True Death after drinking Arlene's blood, which could be their salvation. If one H-Vamp got True Deathed because of Arlene's blood, then she could be the cure for Hep V.

Vince & Company are doing a great job with showing the evils of mob mentality: letting fear trump logic, hiding behind the law and a willingness to hurt/kill innocent people. Especially disturbing was Kenya's joining them after Karen played the race card. As a Black woman, I understand Karen and Kenya's resentment and ITA that Kenya's way more qualified than Jason, but she doesn't know all the facts, which is another reason why Kenya's joining the mob is such a terrible idea. The only reason why Jason got promoted was because of blackmail, not merit because of Jason's knowledge of Andy's V addiction. Kenya's taking the mob's side makes her look dumber than Jason. Trusting Vince is just going to make Bon Temps a ghost town just like St. Alice.

• Love 2

If they killed Tara off so that Lettie Mae could have a storyline... Cause you know the fans were crying out for more Lettie Mae, rme. I've hated that character since season one and I hate they've increased her airtime.

The Jason/Eric thing was so random but greatly enjoyed!

I'm rooting for the Hep V vamps to come take out the rest of Bon Temps because I am so sick of those stupid townspeople. They're all idiots. I was so disappointed in Kenya. She's usually the smartest of the cops.

• Love 1

My idea for the finale:  just as the world seems about to end, special guest star Sarah Michelle Gellar gets to town in full Buffy mode and sets it all right.

Buffy and Eric would have made a hot couple.  Just sayin'....

• Love 2

If they killed Tara off so that Lettie Mae could have a storyline... Cause you know the fans were crying out for more Lettie Mae, rme. I've hated that character since season one and I hate they've increased her airtime.

The Jason/Eric thing was so random but greatly enjoyed!

I'm rooting for the Hep V vamps to come take out the rest of Bon Temps because I am so sick of those stupid townspeople. They're all idiots. I was so disappointed in Kenya. She's usually the smartest of the cops.

I am not a fan of Lettie Mae's expanded storyline... I want some more closure with Tara, but I really don't care about knowing that Lettie Mae is still as terrible of a person as she's always been. Like most of the supporting cast, they are great in small doses, but they don't need their own boring storylines. I'd rather Willa get involved with something else- her and Jessica should be friends... Willa can grieve with people who actually cared about Tara and not just how Tara affected them.

I am expecting Ma Fortenberry to get shot/shoot herself in the face after the way she was aiming that gun at her reflection in the station. Those are some stupid ass townspeople. I did love Kenya saying (before she gave up) that if they'd all had guns the night before then everyone would be dead.

I feel embarrassed for the actors. Remember when the cast would be featured on magazine covers? And now TB's devolved to this incoherent, unstructured slop.

I know it's pointless to try to make sense of the implicit and explicit politics of this show, but still. 1) The federal and state governments have failed to protect Bon Temps and the surrounding towns from mass slaughter. 2) Local law enforcement -- namely, Andy and Jason -- are incompetent buffoons. 3) The townsfolk, in desperation, arm themselves.

So, trying to protect themselves and their children under these circumstances by taking matters into their own hands might seem at least understandable , maybe even wise. But, as far as the TB writers are concerned, the townfolk can't win. Take action, and they are a mob of bigoted morons. Do nothing, and what? Hope that incompetent, indifferent -- perhaps even non-existent -- authority figures will rescue you?

Talk to the writers and I bet that, in theory, they'd be all for "the people" in any conflict against "the elite who know best". But in practice, it's just do busy work to distract yourselves, folks, and put your trust in authority.

(edited)

I feel embarrassed for the actors. Remember when the cast would be featured on magazine covers? And now TB's devolved to this incoherent, unstructured slop.

I know it's pointless to try to make sense of the implicit and explicit politics of this show, but still. 1) The federal and state governments have failed to protect Bon Temps and the surrounding towns from mass slaughter. 2) Local law enforcement -- namely, Andy and Jason -- are incompetent buffoons. 3) The townsfolk, in desperation, arm themselves.

So, trying to protect themselves and their children under these circumstances by taking matters into their own hands might seem at least understandable , maybe even wise. But, as far as the TB writers are concerned, the townfolk can't win. Take action, and they are a mob of bigoted morons. Do nothing, and what? Hope that incompetent, indifferent -- perhaps even non-existent -- authority figures will rescue you?

Talk to the writers and I bet that, in theory, they'd be all for "the people" in any conflict against "the elite who know best". But in practice, it's just do busy work to distract yourselves, folks, and put your trust in authority.

The thing is, i think Sam and Bill's original plan had merit- it was just bad luck to try and put it into practice outdoors on the night the HepV vamps decided to move on to BonTemps. (We hear one of the infected vampires even mention that they were a lot less successful with this attack "how were we supposed to know they'd have vampires helping them" ) 

Roaming the night with guns and pitchforks isn't going to save you... being in a big group together just makes for easy pickens for the infected. The diary entry even talked about how they waited and attacked a church just as a wedding let out- the perfect place to snatch a ton of people. (like the stupid outside party)

Instead, if the towns people know that after dark they need to be in their homes, ideally with a healthy vampire who can intervene should the infected try and start your house on fire or break all your windows etc. The infected won't have much luck with this town and would move on. That leaves people like Andy and Jason (and the rest of the cast we care about) to figure out where the vampires have taken the hostages and to rescue them. Again, a mob of people isn't going to have much luck tracking down the kidnapped, especially when they don't want anything to do with vampires who, while they may be scary, also know how vampires think and could protect you when you walk into a vampire nest with a single gun and a piece of wood.

This is also supposed to be like a natrual disaster, but spread across the nation (and apparently the world) so there are no government resources left for small towns, since they're trying to protect the big cities...

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 1

I thought the Jason/Erik sex scene was laughable because damn, next to Eric Jason looks like a pygmy.

This show was only good during the first 2-3 seasons when it was trying to stay true to the books. Then it got caught up in it's own celebrity and just went into the toilet. (And it took the last couple of Sookie books with it because they were crap as well. )

Taking this off my DVR list, I can't stand to watch it.

I always crack up at all the posters exclaiming how they're "done with the show!"  Yet they care enough to keep posting on a message board devoted to said show...  ;)

I also don't get why they don't just move to St. Alice.  The vamps have moved on so it's unlikely they'll be back, at least not any time soon.  It's a decent place to stay and regroup.  I was also wondering why people just didn't stay in their homes at night but posters pointing out how vamps can lure them outside explains that.  I'd be looking for a secure, underground bunker to spend my evenings in.

• Love 1
It CANNOT be a coincidence/accident that the teacher vampire was named Mrs Harris...but danged if I can think what it signifies other than some inside joke.

If it's a Charlene Harris reference, maybe it's that in the end Mrs. Harris could no longer do what she used to be good at and now she sucks?  And that she was sucking particularly hard when her time with "True Blood" came to an end?

• Love 3

I was thinking that if that other vamp killed Tara, why didn't he kill/kidnap Lettie Mae

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone on the show doesn't just kill her. 

But the reason she wasn't kidnapped was that she absolutely never shuts up.

I always crack up at all the posters exclaiming how they're "done with the show!"  Yet they care enough to keep posting on a message board devoted to said show...  ;)

I also don't get why they don't just move to St. Alice.  The vamps have moved on so it's unlikely they'll be back, at least not any time soon.  It's a decent place to stay and regroup.  I was also wondering why people just didn't stay in their homes at night but posters pointing out how vamps can lure them outside explains that.  I'd be looking for a secure, underground bunker to spend my evenings in.

I was wondering that too, why doesn't everyone go to St Alice now? The vamps have already been through the town, I doubt they're going back.

(edited)

The whole plot in St. Alice was so boring.  They could have just driven through the town to confirm everyone was gone, not do an intensive search.  FFd through the diary scene.

Seriously.  As if there were not enough characters eating up airtime, now there's an entire new town I'm supposed to care about.  Yet, I don't!

Other characters featured in this ep that I don't care about:

1) pretty much everyone at Merlotte's/Bellefleur's

2) all the Hep-V vamps in Fangtasia (and, really, I don't care that much about Arlene and Holly such that they need to have their own storyline -- certainly not Jane Bodehouse or Sam's Latest Age Inappropriate Fling).

3) Adilyn and Holly's son(s)

4) Lettie Mae and Willa

Etc.  Do we really need another Lettie Mae relapse?  Good grief!

I thought the Jason/Erik sex scene was laughable because damn, next to Eric Jason looks like a pygmy.

It was also laughable because hasn't this been done already?  With Sam and Bill?

In this town? The vamps don't need to expend that much energy, someone will get a stupid idea and run outside and get eaten.

Seriously.  One of Sookie's boyfriends will piss her off, and she'll stomp out into the night and throw away her cell phone. 

The scenes in the murder victim's home were especially heavy-handed, because they told the story of a girl who fell in love with a vamp and tragedy followed. To his credit, Alcide told Sookie that she's not like that girl, which she promptly disproved by tricking Alcide and once again going out alone at night with H-vamps on the loose. As for Sookie's running back to Bill again, lather, rinse, repeat, yawn.

Has Sookie forgotten Bill was sent by the Queen to find her and her fairy blood?  And that Bill manipulated things so he'd have reason to drink her blood, and she'd have reason to have to drink his to heal -- thus forming the weird bond between them that made her think she loved him?  Per the show canon, there is not really "true love" between humans and vampires who exchange blood, because there's the blood bond thing that takes over.  They can crank up the wistful music all they want, but it doesn't change the fact the show has presented this sort of human-vampire connection as one of compulsion, not true consent or love (and that's not even including the actual mind control of glamoring). 

Edited by annlaw78
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm definitely starting to believe Lettie Mae staked Tara and they just telegraphed it way harder than they meant to. 

Nothing else makes sense with a major character's death occurring off-screen. 

Speaking of major characters, and their lack of screentime relative to secondary/tertiary/"who the fuck is that?" characters...I wonder if that's simply a thing where everyone involved knows the show is ridiculous and this is the last season, and so everyone who has enough clout to do is taking it easy. And possibly distancing themselves a bit now that they need new jobs. 

e.g., "No, I'm fine with only having five minutes of screentime this ep. I'll be in my trailer."  

Edited by kieyra

It was also laughable because hasn't this been done already?  With Sam and Bill?

Yes, but that wasn't hot. And even if Jason is much shorter than Eric, they have more chemistry than any other pairing on this show. I ship them hard now.

Add me to the crew of people who wonder why these townspeople don't just up and leave. 

Trying to imagine what I would do in that situation (I know, I know). I think I'd be disinclined to abandon my home/property to potential looters when a.) the Hep V vampers can only come out at night and b.) they cannot come inside unless you invite them in. Stocking up with wooden and/or silver bullets seems like a sensible plan. That said, the mob at the police station shooting guns off inside was absolutely ridiculous and just made everyone look like crazy drunken rednecks. Then again, I guess that's what they're supposed to be. {shugs} I can see Kenya going "fuck this shit, everyone arm up" but letting these hooligans shoot up the police station does seem out of character for her unless she's under the influence.

The vamps can always burn down the buildings to get the humans to come outside.

But if you turn your lights off and keep the curtains closed would they even know you were inside? Can they smell you?

The Jason and Eric scene just kind of cracked me up and whenever they do something like this it makes me wonder how many takes they have to do before the actors stop laughing. I know neither actor is actually gay (as far as I know) so I guess kudos to them for giving it their all.

But if you turn your lights off and keep the curtains closed would they even know you were inside? Can they smell you?

The Jason and Eric scene just kind of cracked me up and whenever they do something like this it makes me wonder how many takes they have to do before the actors stop laughing. I know neither actor is actually gay (as far as I know) so I guess kudos to them for giving it their all.

They can smell the fairies passing by and I think they could smell humans too. I think they would probably be able to hear you if you moved even a bit. Basically after dark, your only recourse would be some sort of bomb shelter and even then.

The Jason and Eric scene was hilarious. Jason has probably had Violet's blood, but he yearns for Eric obviously. Hehe.

Yes, but that wasn't hot.

Yeah, Sam/Bill was more funny than anything else. Or maybe I just found it funny, because I find Bill's sexy faces funny. I definitely got a "This is supposed to be hot - enjoy!" vibe from Eric/Jason, with the funny not kicking in until Jason woke up and nearly fell off the pew.

(edited)

I can't remember for my life, when Jason recently had Eric's blood? 

Eric gave Jason his blood in the vamp camp to heal him after Eric let everyone out of their prison rooms... that's when Jason was bouncing all around, high fiving dead guards and stuff... V trip Jason is kind of adorable...

I loved the Bill/Sam scene, it was a shame it stopped when it did... but I also quite enjoyed Eric/Jason.. in the words of QSA, I just love watching two men together :P   Personally, I've always been hoping for a flashback of Bill & Eric hooking up... they have great chemistry together.

Edited by Jjrmt