Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Fool's Gold

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, John M said:

Depending on his crime he may not be able to come to the US. Devan needs to accept that she made a poor decision to get pregnant with Jihoon and keep the child if she doesn't want to live the lifestyle that Jihoon is capable of providing her in SK or raise the child by herself in the US.

I get it, it sucks, but you decided to get knocked up with a lazy foreigner with a criminal record, that's just how it is.

Does Utah provide sex education in the public schools?  Was Deaven home schooled?

• LOL 1
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, sasha206 said:

This is why none of these idiots should be procreating until they can establish who lives where and how being together in a different environment would be, and whether they could actually stand the person they are marrying once they actually live together.  There's a part of me that would feel sorry for Jihoon if she took the baby and went back home and a part of me that would feel bad for Pole if he was given the heave-ho.  Can't imagine being far away from my kid!  But I would not want to not live in the US.

Like I always say, their conversations consist of "I can't wait to see you," "I think I am falling in love with you," "I love you," and when they finally meet there is an endless loop of "I can't believe you are here," "I love you," "Let's jiggy, jiggy," no real conversation about finances, logistics, paperwork, expectations, reality, just simple real world things and getting to know what the day to day will be like and financial honesty, because let's be honest, that is a big deal when the expectation is a fiancé visa and a place to live and a job is their future.  But alas no, we only get the Harlequin romance edition from these idiots.

Seriously, would any of you stay in a cramped South Korea apartment with the parents and your beloved and a baby for more than a night?  If said beloved was honest with Deavan I doubt she would have gotten on that plane.  If you rented an apartment during your stay in what ever country because your beloved lived with his parents because they are unemployed with no ambition would you want to be engaged with that person?

Oy, these people.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Like I always say, their conversations consist of "I can't wait to see you," "I think I am falling in love with you," "I love you," and when they finally meet there is an endless loop of "I can't believe you are here," "I love you," "Let's jiggy, jiggy," no real conversation about finances, logistics, paperwork, expectations, reality, just simple real world things and getting to know what the day to day will be like and financial honesty, because let's be honest, that is a big deal when the expectation is a fiancé visa and a place to live and a job is their future.  But alas no, we only get the Harlequin romance edition from these idiots.

Seriously, would any of you stay in a cramped South Korea apartment with the parents and your beloved and a baby for more than a night?  If said beloved was honest with Deavan I doubt she would have gotten on that plane.  If you rented an apartment during your stay in what ever country because your beloved lived with his parents because they are unemployed with no ambition would you want to be engaged with that person?

Oy, these people.

Agree 100%. And from now on, I'm going to ask if they have a criminal record before I sleep with them.

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
On 9/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. I was on misc.kids on Usenet in the 90's. Talk about Mommy Wars. I'll never forget the woman who posted "if I can't breastfeed, should I get my tubes tied?". Endless flame wars about breast vs. bottle, SAH vs WOH, and the granddaddy of them all, circumcision!

There are some who tell other women that a C section isn't a "real" birth! Yeah, take a seat.

It is not very common for a woman to be pushed into a marriage she doesn't want. Most prospective brides have veto power. And yes, they meet beforehand, maybe several times, they can talk and go on dates. Its not a medieval arrangement, with the bride first laying eyes on her husband for the first time on her wedding day. 

Hasn't anyone seen Monsoon Wedding? The main character is a young woman about to embark on an arranged marriage. Great movie.

Sumit is what, 30? He would certainly have been on the marriage market for several years at least. Does he have a college education? A middle class guy, with a degree and a good job in a call center (those jobs are sought after in India) would be a good prospect. I bet he's been married for years.

HA! I remember that. I used to read that a lot as a fairly newly married person who was pretty sure I didn't want kids but needed to be REALLY sure.  That and misc.kids.pregnancy.  Never had any.  

I haven't seen this because most of the people bug me but I followed this thread out of curiosity.  MAN this was a huge secret!  I just cannot believe she would be so reckless with her future.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, antfitz said:

I haven't seen one of these couples yet, on 90 day fiance, that should have gotten married. The men and women by-and-large are overweight, nerdy, and desperate. I think instead of spending money on plane tickets to go to some foreign country, they should get lap band surgery or plastic surgery and build-up their self esteem. Danielle and these 2 blondes this year come off as all 3 of those:  nerdy desperate and overweight.

And there is no excuse for the women that marry those guys from the Dominican Republic or other islands. They slept with you right away; how many women did they sleep with before you and how many women did they sleep with after you went back to the States and before they came over.  Are you listening Chantel?

Overweight nerds need love too!  I don't think they should resort to surgery, they should start seeing a therapist to learn why they will accept so little from a potential partner.

• Love 20
On 9/11/2019 at 2:01 AM, FairyDusted said:

Even though I found Sue Meat suspect I was still GTFO when he actually said the words, "I'm married." Nooooooooo!!!! DAMN ! of course it was the last scene.

What a blow we have been dealt !

I pumped my fist in the air and cheered as if the Mets had just scored a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 9th of a 1-1 tied home game.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 9/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mu Shu said:

You guys. How embarrassed am I to tell you I have a bidet attachment to my terlet I’ve never used?

How embarrassed I am to tell this story. I moved into a house with a bidet attachment. As I was checking things out in the house i started turning all the knobs. I turned the wrong one and bidet water shot into my face and all the way up to the ceiling. My husband walked in to find me sopping wet with bidet water pouring down my face.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would never meet the bride.  The invitations were always from India, (absolutely gorgeous colors and nice paper), always a lot of guests, but the bride was elsewhere. 

I have been invited to two Indian weddings;  the invitations were exquisite and came in a lovely box.

16 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

But the reason they have been alone so far is more likely that they are not super great people on the inside or they have some issues they need to work out. 

I think that is true--especially for the older ones who have had failed marriages/relationships in the past.  I am not sure why they think their chances with a person from a different culture are better than with another American unless they think they get a boost in their social status by being in an international relationship.   

• Love 4
16 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

My 23 year old son tells me nerds are all the rage now. Apparently members of the opposite sex seek them out because nerds are all that.

As for weight; I'm sorry. Overweight people are allowed to have love, too. Weight says nothing about a personality or who a person is inside. Unattractive people are also allowed to have love. Same reasons. So sure, maybe some of these people aren't super attractive, or they're overweight, or they are "nerds." But the reason they have been alone so far is more likely that they are not super great people on the inside or they have some issues they need to work out. 

I'm in my 50s, and I've been with my husband for 20 years. Here's what I know. Looks fade. Weight comes and goes. What matters is finding a genuinely good human being regardless of what they look like, how big their nose is, how big of a nerd they are, or how large their ass is. I kind of think if someone is trying to solve their problems or build self-esteem by working on how they look (lose weight!) (have plastic surgery!) (stop being a nerd!), then chances are they're going to still have all the same self-esteem and relationship issues. 

Totally agree -- big girls/boys need love too.  The problem is none of the big girls/boys seem to seek their physical match and instead go for the trim/athletic counterpart.  Would the Skipper be heading to Qatar to have jiggy jiggy with someone whose body shape resembles hers?  I doubt it.  Same with Nicole and Azan.  Mohammit and Danielle.  Jorge and Anifsa.  On and on.  

I think most of the overweight they've showcased on this show paw after their trim partner in a really disturbing way.  As if they finally got the person that rejected them in the states and so they'll dangle the power of a green card to ensure they get sexual gratification from them.  I know the green card isn't at play right now on the Other Way, but it's hard for me to believe that Jiggy JIggy is with the Skipper if the green card wasn't the ultimate aim.

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Can I just say how much I hate the phrase "jiggy jiggy?" Especially coming from a woman who is a couple of years younger than me (but looks about 10 years older) and acts like she's in junior high. Everyone needs love and affection. But the people on this show are so desperate, it's pathetic.

And I'm 100% here for it. Bring. It. On. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Oh hell every time that woman says "jiggy jiggy" I throw up a little in my mouth.  I mean just the fact that she never refers to sex as anything other than "jiggy jiggy" is so childish and sort of pathetic...whatever Aladin's game is, he's paying a hefty toll to succeed at it.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 19
On 9/12/2019 at 9:53 AM, Chickabiddy said:

They should probably also go to the gym, improve their diets, accept that they will probably never ever rate a boo who is higher than a 5 on the looks spectrum, and get some therapy for it. But, see, all of that takes effort and hard work. It’s so much easier to go spouse shopping for “hot” financially vulnerable people.

It’s the quick and and lazy  fix, and so often those never work out as hoped. 

Being thin is not necessarily a magic bullet that makes appropriate partners drop into your lap, particularly for women over 45.  If you're 45, the men who are interested in you are 60, and you may not want that. Plenty of fat people and unattractive people get married -- but they marry people of comparable attractiveness, or if they are lucky, more attractive people who are unaware that they are attractive (usually those have lousy self-esteem). OR, they have money.

People who look for people in third world countries are usually looking to have control in their relationship (money, green card) in return for arm candy, or to be able to have someone who would be out of their league here in the US, where looks are everything (especially for women).

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Being thin is not necessarily a magic bullet that makes appropriate partners drop into your lap, particularly for women over 45.  If you're 45, the men who are interested in you are 60, and you may not want that. Plenty of fat people and unattractive people get married -- but they marry people of comparable attractiveness, or if they are lucky, more attractive people who are unaware that they are attractive (usually those have lousy self-esteem). OR, they have money.

People who look for people in third world countries are usually looking to have control in their relationship (money, green card) in return for arm candy, or to be able to have someone who would be out of their league here in the US, where looks are everything (especially for women).

Yes all things being equal people typically end up plus or minus within one number of their own number on the attractiveness scale.  Money or fame can skew this though.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Yes all things being equal people typically end up plus or minus within one number of their own number on the attractiveness scale.  Money or fame can skew this though.

There's something to be said for staying in your lane.

• Love 9

I had multiple posts to quote but they disappeared when I hit the quote posts button. This is only what I remember without going back and rereading the posts again. I'm too far behind to do that: 

Jenny - Someone asked if Jenny had to leave if they didn't marry in 90 days. Jenny is not in India on a visa like the US 90 day fiance one. I'm pretty sure she is on a visitation visa that allows her to be there for six months, at which time she'll have to leave the country and pay the fees to come back for another six months unless she marries or becomes employed and is granted a different visa.

There was something on television as few weeks ago about the situation going on in Syria and it happened to mention that Americans could receive visas to certain countries as visitors but to make sure you had a certain amount of cash available and for India it was suggested to be $1000 a month. Jenny had $6000 in episode 1. The entire thing was being discussed for people wishing to assist in charitable organizations to assist with the Syrian refugees and how many fraudulent scams were going on and how the claims of being in other countries could be true but it was unlikely.  Many of the scams were marketed as religious based charities that looked legit and India was supposedly one of the home bases for a few of them.

Karine - Part of the reason I dislike her is because I found myself agreeing with Pole that he needed a paternity test for pregnancy one, and don't like that I agreed with him about anything, including the current time. There were several photos and videos of her with a black man who admitted to visiting and "partying" with her, and some of those photos were very suggestive and the man admitted to visiting her after she was with Pole. There is no disputing that Pole is a creepy man, and the other man could have been lying, but there was some proof that I believed.

This episode made me really feel for her, though. This is her third pregnancy, the first one she miscarried around three or four months, the second was around six months and was shown on this show, and since Pole and Karine are both stupid, they just plowed ahead and got pregnant with their third child. Karine needed a break for her body and if they had any money, genetic testing. 

With the previous two miscarriages, she should have been moved to a hospital that had a full service medical team. Her labor stalled for TWO DAYS and she wasn't even given pain medicine. Both she and Pierre could have died. Yes, women give birth without pain medicine, but this was not a normal labor. I think that she had returned to the city where Pole rented the apartment as opposed to the rural area of her parents, but it doesn't look like it was specifically said on the show and I didn't go and look it up to make sure. It sounds like we are going to learn more about her labor and delivery, along with her postpartum issues from it on the Tell Nothing so maybe it will be clarified. 

Deavan: I'm going to spoiler part of this but I don't really think it's a spoiler. Hopefully someone else will read it and chime in. I don't think it really adds or subtracts from the show but may explain one of the things some of us have been hung up on.

First, not a spoiler but just my opinion, I think Deavan tried to get on the OG show and it was suggested that they be on this one, which she did because she wanted to be on television and boost her social media following and possibly makeup and modeling work. In another post I mentioned how Deavan said the show told her to say her job was modeling, even though it wasn't, and how she didn't work as a model that much. 

This is a spoiler but probably won't be discussed on the show. I also think that Jihoon's primary job has nothing to do with those cell phones and whatever delivery service he is claiming. He probably does that too, but I think he earns more money from:

Spoiler

Jihoon is involved with several video services where he makes and/or edits film for social media and it looks like local commercials. He and Deavan have a company where you can see some videos that is named Junny and Vanny something or other. He actually has credits for some of his work, but I can't tell you how to find it and I don't speak Korean so I can't translate other than Google translate.

This is where there may be a spoiler. Early on in the series, people were making jokes about Deavan and her modeling skills on Twitter. It boiled over to other things about her that bugged, like her make up, speech pattern and that she is going by the nickname Vanny to coincide with Jihoon's nickname since birth of Junny. (Pronounced June - ee). When Deavan saw him at the airport and walked up behind him she called him Junny but I'm not sure she has been going by Vanny in real life, it looks like it may have just been for what is mentioned under the above spoiler.

One of the jokes, and I want to mention I didn't take them as mean spirited but you never really know, was that Vanny should use her modeling connections to get Junny an ad for Chapstick. That resulted in a friend of his from the service blowing up. In Korea, there is mandatory military service and Junny would have served about 21 months unless he signed on for more or if he was able to fulfill his service in less time. I have no idea how much time Junny served but there were photos taken with the man who was angered by the comments.

Spoiler

While in the service, Junny was injured somehow and what was being referred to as chapped lips is actually scarring. In photos or close ups you can see clearly some lateral scars in his bottom lip. It was suggested that he had a head injury, too, and that is why he speaks so slowly and haltingly. He has to process from English to Korean and back again, and can't do it quickly. I can't do it at all and neither can Deavan so...

Deavan confirmed the injury and scars on his lips, said Chapstick actually makes them stand out more, but didn't actually say he suffered from a head injury other than just a yes to being injured in the service and the lip scars. I don't know if Jihoon addressed it since I don't speak Korean and do not follow any of these castmembers on social media. I only see it when it's linked somewhere.

He may not be suffering from a delayed adolescence but from suffering a head injury that slowed him down for a bit. I actually think a CHI explains him a bit more than just the laziness that applies to so many reality television jackasses. Also, I like him more than many of these reality television jackasses so I may be giving him undeserved credit.

I don't remember the other things I was going to comment, which is probably good since it's so long.

• Useful 10
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, gingerella said:

The real question though is...What a blow she's been dealt! How ever will she cope with it?!?

I am beginning to wonder if Sumit really catfished her.   This story is getting much more fishy by the day (i.e. episode) and is beginning to stink. 

How many more episodes do we have?  Will there be a tell-all (aka tell-nothing that I want to know)?

• Love 5

I heard about Sumit being married way last week and that Jen knew he was married from the beginning. 

Also, if you do a little googling,  you'll easily find Jen cozied up in pics with Sumit's mom and another family member way back in 2013. Another thing I discovered is Jenny has been trying to get Sumit and herself on tv since at least 2012. 

This is my first year watching this 90 Day show, but so far I've discovered at least 2 couple's storylines to be fake/manufactured for the show so I'm out!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, kanona29 said:

I heard about Sumit being married way last week and that Jen knew he was married from the beginning. 

Also, if you do a little googling,  you'll easily find Jen cozied up in pics with Sumit's mom and another family member way back in 2013. Another thing I discovered is Jenny has been trying to get Sumit and herself on tv since at least 2012. 

This is my first year watching this 90 Day show, but so far I've discovered at least 2 couple's storylines to be fake/manufactured for the show so I'm out!

I think Jenny had said that she stayed with sumits family for months prior to this trip.  Thats how she knew just how much they disapproved of her.  

• LOL 1
On 9/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, John M said:

Depending on his crime he may not be able to come to the US.

I don’t know how it all works, but we know Jihoon has been to the US at least three times:  to knock up Deavan, to bring his parents, and to meet the baby.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Inquiring minds want to know, if Jenny and Sumit were able to get the marriage licence without telling his parents then would have Sumit married Jenny and not told her about wife 1?

I don’t think Parents Sumit really were the problem, though, just the excuse Sumit gave Jenny since he couldn’t admit that the real obstacle to their marriage license was exactly what the official explained to them: the notification has to go to the home address so that if one party is already married, the existing spouse is going to receive notice that their spouse intends to marry someone else. Sumit didn’t want the marriage license to go to his address on record because then his actual wife would know something was up.

I’m also not sure what religion Sumit is - I believe India is one of the countries that only permits multiple wives to men whose religion allow it, but I could be wrong about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/14/2019 at 5:29 AM, RealReality said:

I think Jenny had said that she stayed with sumits family for months prior to this trip.  Thats how she knew just how much they disapproved of her.  

I am having an extremely difficult time thinking of any houseguest I would approve of staying with me for months. At that point, don’t you basically have an unemployed roommate who doesn’t pay rent?

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 9/10/2019 at 12:05 PM, poeticlicensed said:

I want to know how long Sumit has been married. Haven't Jenny and Sumit been together for YEARS? If Sumit has been married for years he is a huge scumbag.

So what is Sumit's endgame? I truly don't understand.  

I can’t help but wonder if Sumit has a pregnant wife or if she already had a baby. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I don’t think Parents Sumit really were the problem, though, just the excuse Sumit gave Jenny since he couldn’t admit that the real obstacle to their marriage license was exactly what the official explained to them: the notification has to go to the home address so that if one party is already married, the existing spouse is going to receive notice that their spouse intends to marry someone else. Sumit didn’t want the marriage license to go to his address on record because then his actual wife would know something was up.

I’m also not sure what religion Sumit is - I believe India is one of the countries that only permits multiple wives to men whose religion allow it, but I could be wrong about that.

Oh I agree about the parent excuse, I just wonder if (legal or not) Sumit would have married Jenny if he could have gotten away with it. I just don't understand his end game here....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh I agree about the parent excuse, I just wonder if (legal or not) Sumit would have married Jenny if he could have gotten away with it. I just don't understand his end game here....

I don't see who benefits from this charade.  Sumit, on the one hand, gets to quit his job (or says he did); is he getting paid by TLC?  But that's temporary income--and if the Big Reveal is imminent, there's little to no chance he's going to get another season, right?  I don't think being on TV is a big advantage for him because he comes across as a sleazy cheater who doesn't seem to care much about his parents' feelings (when they see the show on TV).  At first, he seemed like a sweet guy, but that's long gone, and he doesn't have the looks to make a career of this.  He's no Dev Patel.

Jenny got (another) trip to India, and a nice apartment to stay in, as well as jiggy jiggy (I guess that's a benefit Sumit receives, too), but it seems that she's been miserable and alone almost all the time.  She has upset her family and apparently spent all her money.

I don't see how either of them benefits, short or long-term.  Is a puzzlement.

Edited by Mothra
Get your musicals straight.
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I don't see who benefits from this charade.  Sumit, on the one hand, gets to quit his job (or says he did); is he getting paid by TLC?  But that's temporary income--and if the Big Reveal is imminent, there's little to no chance he's going to get another season, right?  I don't think being on TV is a big advantage for him because he comes across as a sleazy cheater who doesn't seem to care much about his parents' feelings (when they see the show on TV).  At first, he seemed like a sweet guy, but that's long gone, and he doesn't have the looks to make a career of this.  He's no Dev Patel.

Jenny got (another) trip to India, and a nice apartment to stay in, as well as jiggy jiggy (I guess that's a benefit Sumit receives, too), but it seems that she's been miserable and alone almost all the time.  She has upset her family and apparently spent all her money.

I don't see how either of them benefits, short or long-term.  Is a mystery.

Sumit was a much smoother talker as Michael Jones than he was as himself. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I am having an extremely difficult time thinking of any houseguest I would approve of staying with me for months. At that point, don’t you basically have an unemployed roommate who doesn’t pay rent?

I have a friend who lives in Texas.  Her Indian parents come to the US for six months at a time and visit all of their children who live here (only one sibling still lives in India).  It’s just standard for their culture.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

I have a friend who lives in Texas.  Her Indian parents come to the US for six months at a time and visit all of their children who live here (only one sibling still lives in India).  It’s just standard for their culture.

Your parents are one thing, I am going to assume they are retired.  But Jenny?  Get a job!  

I don't think Sumit can be paid by TLC as he is not a US citizen.  Am I correct?

If Sumit is Hindi, Hindis outlawed polygamy.  If a Hindi man tried to convert to Islam to take a another wife, In India, the Indian government outlawed that in 2000.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

No, the parents aren’t retired.  Her father has a real estate business.  My point is that for Indian people, due to long distances involved and their hospitable nature, a long stay by a visitor is not viewed as it is here in the US.

If Jenny could take 3 months off from her job I certainly hope she contributed to the household. In that 3 months she should have learned some cooking. What kind of gift is sufficient for a three month squat.?  Did Sum meat also take a 3 month leave from his job to make sure Jenny didn’t have to wander the streets alone?  Something smells fishy like a total stranger guest after three days for us Americans  

We have  all be catfished  by these two. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

If Jenny could take 3 months off from her job I certainly hope she contributed to the household. In that 3 months she should have learned some cooking. What kind of gift is sufficient for a three month squat.?  Did Sum meat also take a 3 month leave from his job to make sure Jenny didn’t have to wander the streets alone?  Something smells fishy like a total stranger guest after three days for us Americans  

We have  all be catfished  by these two. 

Or Darcy after a long plane ride. 

• LOL 6
On 9/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Chickabiddy said:

They should probably also go to the gym, improve their diets, accept that they will probably never ever rate a boo who is higher than a 5 on the looks spectrum, and get some therapy for it. But, see, all of that takes effort and hard work. It’s so much easier to go spouse shopping for “hot” financially vulnerable people.

It’s the quick and and lazy  fix, and so often those never work out as hoped. 

I agree with you, but we have seen that they don't do any of that: watch their diet or exercise -- just look at Nicole.  She has to be the laziest person I've seen.

All of these people are delusional as well. They are unattractive or nerdy but they want someone who is hot, young, and good looking. If they can't get that in the US, what makes them think they will get it somewhere else? Those people are doing it for a green card or to live in America or some other reason.

And the old lady with the Nigerian is disgusting. And I'm not talking about her looks. She's loud, she smokes, she Dresses horribly, but she wants a hot man. And her hair looks like it's fried within an inch of its life. I am surprised it isn't falling out or breaking off.

Edited by antfitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/13/2019 at 5:29 PM, Christina said:

I had multiple posts to quote but they disappeared when I hit the quote posts button. This is only what I remember without going back and rereading the posts again. I'm too far behind to do that: 

Jenny - Someone asked if Jenny had to leave if they didn't marry in 90 days. Jenny is not in India on a visa like the US 90 day fiance one. I'm pretty sure she is on a visitation visa that allows her to be there for six months, at which time she'll have to leave the country and pay the fees to come back for another six months unless she marries or becomes employed and is granted a different visa.

There was something on television as few weeks ago about the situation going on in Syria and it happened to mention that Americans could receive visas to certain countries as visitors but to make sure you had a certain amount of cash available and for India it was suggested to be $1000 a month. Jenny had $6000 in episode 1. The entire thing was being discussed for people wishing to assist in charitable organizations to assist with the Syrian refugees and how many fraudulent scams were going on and how the claims of being in other countries could be true but it was unlikely.  Many of the scams were marketed as religious based charities that looked legit and India was supposedly one of the home bases for a few of them.

Karine - Part of the reason I dislike her is because I found myself agreeing with Pole that he needed a paternity test for pregnancy one, and don't like that I agreed with him about anything, including the current time. There were several photos and videos of her with a black man who admitted to visiting and "partying" with her, and some of those photos were very suggestive and the man admitted to visiting her after she was with Pole. There is no disputing that Pole is a creepy man, and the other man could have been lying, but there was some proof that I believed.

This episode made me really feel for her, though. This is her third pregnancy, the first one she miscarried around three or four months, the second was around six months and was shown on this show, and since Pole and Karine are both stupid, they just plowed ahead and got pregnant with their third child. Karine needed a break for her body and if they had any money, genetic testing. 

With the previous two miscarriages, she should have been moved to a hospital that had a full service medical team. Her labor stalled for TWO DAYS and she wasn't even given pain medicine. Both she and Pierre could have died. Yes, women give birth without pain medicine, but this was not a normal labor. I think that she had returned to the city where Pole rented the apartment as opposed to the rural area of her parents, but it doesn't look like it was specifically said on the show and I didn't go and look it up to make sure. It sounds like we are going to learn more about her labor and delivery, along with her postpartum issues from it on the Tell Nothing so maybe it will be clarified. 

Deavan: I'm going to spoiler part of this but I don't really think it's a spoiler. Hopefully someone else will read it and chime in. I don't think it really adds or subtracts from the show but may explain one of the things some of us have been hung up on.

First, not a spoiler but just my opinion, I think Deavan tried to get on the OG show and it was suggested that they be on this one, which she did because she wanted to be on television and boost her social media following and possibly makeup and modeling work. In another post I mentioned how Deavan said the show told her to say her job was modeling, even though it wasn't, and how she didn't work as a model that much. 

This is a spoiler but probably won't be discussed on the show. I also think that Jihoon's primary job has nothing to do with those cell phones and whatever delivery service he is claiming. He probably does that too, but I think he earns more money from:

Hide contents

Jihoon is involved with several video services where he makes and/or edits film for social media and it looks like local commercials. He and Deavan have a company where you can see some videos that is named Junny and Vanny something or other. He actually has credits for some of his work, but I can't tell you how to find it and I don't speak Korean so I can't translate other than Google translate.

This is where there may be a spoiler. Early on in the series, people were making jokes about Deavan and her modeling skills on Twitter. It boiled over to other things about her that bugged, like her make up, speech pattern and that she is going by the nickname Vanny to coincide with Jihoon's nickname since birth of Junny. (Pronounced June - ee). When Deavan saw him at the airport and walked up behind him she called him Junny but I'm not sure she has been going by Vanny in real life, it looks like it may have just been for what is mentioned under the above spoiler.

One of the jokes, and I want to mention I didn't take them as mean spirited but you never really know, was that Vanny should use her modeling connections to get Junny an ad for Chapstick. That resulted in a friend of his from the service blowing up. In Korea, there is mandatory military service and Junny would have served about 21 months unless he signed on for more or if he was able to fulfill his service in less time. I have no idea how much time Junny served but there were photos taken with the man who was angered by the comments.

Hide contents

While in the service, Junny was injured somehow and what was being referred to as chapped lips is actually scarring. In photos or close ups you can see clearly some lateral scars in his bottom lip. It was suggested that he had a head injury, too, and that is why he speaks so slowly and haltingly. He has to process from English to Korean and back again, and can't do it quickly. I can't do it at all and neither can Deavan so...

Deavan confirmed the injury and scars on his lips, said Chapstick actually makes them stand out more, but didn't actually say he suffered from a head injury other than just a yes to being injured in the service and the lip scars. I don't know if Jihoon addressed it since I don't speak Korean and do not follow any of these castmembers on social media. I only see it when it's linked somewhere.

He may not be suffering from a delayed adolescence but from suffering a head injury that slowed him down for a bit. I actually think a CHI explains him a bit more than just the laziness that applies to so many reality television jackasses. Also, I like him more than many of these reality television jackasses so I may be giving him undeserved credit.

I don't remember the other things I was going to comment, which is probably good since it's so long.

What you posted really makes sense in both of the spoilers.

• Love 1
On 9/13/2019 at 1:30 PM, brilliantbreakfast said:

It may not be a magic bullet, but does help to be thinner in the dating market.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 8:44 AM, sasha206 said:

Totally agree -- big girls/boys need love too.  The problem is none of the big girls/boys seem to seek their physical match and instead go for the trim/athletic counterpart.  Would the Skipper be heading to Qatar to have jiggy jiggy with someone whose body shape resembles hers?  I doubt it.  Same with Nicole and Azan.  Mohammit and Danielle.  Jorge and Anifsa.  On and on.  

I think most of the overweight they've showcased on this show paw after their trim partner in a really disturbing way.  As if they finally got the person that rejected them in the states and so they'll dangle the power of a green card to ensure they get sexual gratification from them.  I know the green card isn't at play right now on the Other Way, but it's hard for me to believe that Jiggy JIggy is with the Skipper if the green card wasn't the ultimate aim.

Oh  I agree they deserve love, but and this societee they won't get it so readily. When I made my comment, it was about trying to find a partner here that they deserve.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, JennyMominFL said:

How embarrassed I am to tell this story. I moved into a house with a bidet attachment. As I was checking things out in the house i started turning all the knobs. I turned the wrong one and bidet water shot into my face and all the way up to the ceiling. My husband walked in to find me sopping wet with bidet water pouring down my face.

ewww 

On 9/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, NoWhammies said:

My 23 year old son tells me nerds are all the rage now. Apparently members of the opposite sex seek them out because nerds are all that.

As for weight; I'm sorry. Overweight people are allowed to have love, too. Weight says nothing about a personality or who a person is inside. Unattractive people are also allowed to have love. Same reasons. So sure, maybe some of these people aren't super attractive, or they're overweight, or they are "nerds." But the reason they have been alone so far is more likely that they are not super great people on the inside or they have some issues they need to work out. 

I'm in my 50s, and I've been with my husband for 20 years. Here's what I know. Looks fade. Weight comes and goes. What matters is finding a genuinely good human being regardless of what they look like, how big their nose is, how big of a nerd they are, or how large their ass is. I kind of think if someone is trying to solve their problems or build self-esteem by working on how they look (lose weight!) (have plastic surgery!) (stop being a nerd!), then chances are they're going to still have all the same self-esteem and relationship issues. 

You are probably right,  about having the same issues. But rather than traveling to another country time I would try that 1st.  They do need to exercise. I still say Nicole passed to be the laziest person  I've seen.

59 minutes ago, antfitz said:

You are probably right,  about having the same issues. But rather than traveling to another country, I would try that 1st.  They do need to exercise. I still say Nicole has to be the laziest person  I've seen.

Is Darcy desperate enough?  OMG she would send men running .

4 hours ago, antfitz said:

Oh  I agree they deserve love, but and this societee they won't get it so readily. When I made my comment, it was about trying to find a partner here that they deserve.

ewww 

As I mentioned,the people you are feeling sympathy for because of their looks and society have chosen someone whose body type doesn't resemble them.   They could easily find love with someone that looks like them; they don't want their physical counterpart.  They've gone overseas to get that, spending a tremendous amount of money (that none of them seem to even have -- I feel bad for their kids) so they can lord their American benefits all over them for easy sex with someone physically out of their league..  I know many large people who have successfully found their counterpart here in the states.  Society never held them back from finding love.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

As I mentioned,the people you are feeling sympathy for because of their looks and society have chosen someone whose body type doesn't resemble them.   They could easily find love with someone that looks like them; they don't want their physical counterpart.  They've gone overseas to get that, spending a tremendous amount of money (that none of them seem to even have -- I feel bad for their kids) so they can lord their American benefits all over them for easy sex with someone physically out of their league..  I know many large people who have successfully found their counterpart here in the states.  Society never held them back from finding love.

Exactly. I have to wonder what kind of fun house mirror some of these tools (Nicole, Angela, etc) use. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Exactly. I have to wonder what kind of fun house mirror some of these tools (Nicole, Angela, etc) use. 

Right!  I feel the same way about them as i do seeing those old/unattractive but wealthy men grabbing on to a young model.  No one ever really believes the young model is in love with unattractive man.  And i don't feel sorry for unattractive man at all.   

• Love 6
8 hours ago, antfitz said:

Is Darcy desperate enough?  OMG she would send men running .

You can almost smell the desperation thru the TV screen, I can only imagine the aura around her. And her never ending references to anything wedding related. It’s like she can’t control herself. I thought Tom was going to jump off that bridge in Albania. Just the thought of family get togethers with these two sisters.... the constant competing, one upping, sniping, jealousy.  Having to satisfy Darcy’s  insatiable need for reassurance that she’s beautiful, desirable?  Tom isn’t looking for that. He said he wants to live a simple life. He’ll never have that with Darcy. She’s toxic. 

• Love 5

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t feel like Jenny knew. Her tears seem genuine and frankly, I’m not sure she is bright enough to pull off a huge charade like this. The screen shots that she supposedly wrote use poor grammar and Internet shorthand...again, not sure she is “with it” enough to use it. I’m 49 and even I have a difficult time using “u” instead of “you” - it just doesn’t feel right.

• Love 7