Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Fool's Gold

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

To hear Pole say "that's my son!  he's very very white!" and then break out in that nervous giggle made me want to jump through the screen.   I loathe him

I didn't mind him saying it as much as i was annoyed that it was like the first thing he said.  Like he just couldn't wait for the baby to come out so he could do his eyeball DNA test.  

I'm glad karines mother didn't hear that because I think she would have cut Paul with a quickness. 

5 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Jahoon, he can't find chapstick, or a legal job it appears. I feel like he wants Deavan to get sick of him and his childish ways and skip town. He's just not trying.

Poor Karine. She was exposed with a capital E. Get that pay check over to her stat TLC, she deserves the money for filming a non medicated labor in a third world country with her lady bits just shy of being filmed. In my opinion, Pole came thru! At least he didn't run thru the room screaming and channeling a baby Godzilla! Way to go Pole with your white skinned baby! (SMH)

I don't even know if karine cared....she seemed in such pain.  

With jihoon....I'm not sure what he can do.  I think Devan had a plan and it is backfiring spectacularly.  If that sweet baby wasn't involved I'd be watching all this with even more glee.  

Jihoon should have been responsible and worn a condom.  But that doesn't change my opinion that Devan planned to get pregnant by a man so she could be coddled and supported.  

So the fact that jihoon is turning out to be a dud who can't get a job, is broke, in debt, living with his parents and has a criminal record is funny to me.  The best laid plans of mice and men. 

I don't know what he can do to secure a better job.  He has a criminal record and doesn't appear to be particularly educated.  Over here, high level employers will ask about debt (or at least the federal government will) because you're more likely to do something desperate if you're in a ton of debt that isn't normal (like a home loan or a student loan).

I think jihoon hates conflict and feels terrible when Devan makes it crystal clear that he is not meeting her expectations.  He doesn't want to fight so I think he tells as little of the truth as necessary or tells half lies he can get away with.  

Devan would do better to work within the confines of reality.  She picked the wrong mark, it's going to be hard for jihoon to land a job that will allow her the lifestyle she wants.  Constantly telling him he sucks and that he should have had savings isn't helpful.  

• Love 21
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Liam's tone made me want to knock that silly ass hat off his head.  In what universe did he get the impression he should ever take that tone with anyone ..ever?

I'm going to go with um, you know, Skipper.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

I did Speed Dating a few years ago, and this Indian guy told me he was married on our 8 minute "date".  Like, just matter-of-fact, while we were asking each other the typical getting to know you type questions.  Said his wife lived in India, while he lives in the U.S., so....would I like to get a glass of wine with him one night?

Bringing that up because I'm wondering if it's just a commonplace thing for the wife to look the other way.  Sumit bringing in a film crew, along with this lady who sticks out like a sore thumb there, going out in public there.  Wonder if he just is like, well even if my wife or any of her family members find out, so what?

Intriguing theory that he comes from money, and possibly either hired actors to play his family, or just brought Jenny to meet people he knew to pose as "parents".  

Or if he did really bring her to meet his real parents, what was his story to them?  That she was a friend of a friend who was visiting India and wanted to spend time in someone's home, so they were hospitable and gracious, all the while she's thinking she's meeting her love's parents, while they were thinking she's just this random American woman who wants to try some real Indian food.  

It's sad that I care this much.  🙂

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I didn't mind him saying it as much as i was annoyed that it was like the first thing he said.  Like he just couldn't wait for the baby to come out so he could do his eyeball DNA test.  

I'm glad karines mother didn't hear that because I think she would have cut Paul with a quickness. 

With jihoon....I'm not sure what he can do.  I think Devan had a plan and it is backfiring spectacularly.  If that sweet baby wasn't involved I'd be watching all this with even more glee.  

Jihoon should have been responsible and worn a condom.  But that doesn't change my opinion that Devan planned to get pregnant by a man so she could be coddled and supported.  

So the fact that jihoon is turning out to be a dud who can't get a job, is broke, in debt, living with his parents and has a criminal record is funny to me.  The best laid plans of mice and men. 

I don't know what he can do to secure a better job.  He has a criminal record and doesn't appear to be particularly educated.  Over here, high level employers will ask about debt (or at least the federal government will) because you're more likely to do something desperate if you're in a ton of debt that isn't normal (like a home loan or a student loan).

I think jihoon hates conflict and feels terrible when Devan makes it crystal clear that he is not meeting her expectations.  He doesn't want to fight so I think he tells as little of the truth as necessary or tells half lies he can get away with.  

Devan would do better to work within the confines of reality.  She picked the wrong mark, it's going to be hard for jihoon to land a job that will allow her the lifestyle she wants.  Constantly telling him he sucks and that he should have had savings isn't helpful.  

I think Jihoon the immature “ oh my bad””I didn’t understand, I did  bad thing” is  all an act. He totally understands what Deavan says and expects from him. But he’s perfected his Failure to Launch routine with mom and dad to keep from becoming a grown up and is going to continue it with Deavan. He’ll take her to the airport and get teary eyed  saying goodbye to his son and wave to Deavan, soon as they’re out of sight, he’ll pick up his little doggie, breathe a sigh of relief and return to mommy and daddy.

• Love 22

Maybe this opinion is unpopular, but I think that Deavon DID give up a lot to move to S Korea. Despite not having much herself, she lived with her family and support system in a comfortable home. In SKorea, all she has is a language she cannot speak (and I don't imagine it will happen for a while), her in laws who are not enamored with her, a tiny cramped home, a husband who is useless ish ... has she thought about Drascillas future in S Korea ? Idk how it is over there, but she will stick out severely in a.classroom or plauground. At least in most major cities in the US we have a multicultural society, Idk how the attitudes there are towards foreigners, im assuming there are military families living on army bases but Drascilla would likely be integrated into Korean society. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Lots of speculation on Sumit's marriage, but bottom line, if Jenny doesn't marry him (or someone) within 90 days, doesn't she get shipped back to the U.S.?  I don't think she can stay in India forever unless she is legally married to an Indian citizen. 

• Love 4

Well, I was shocked to hell when Sumit revealed that he was married. I try to avoid internet spoilers. I'm going to speculate that his parents freaked out when Grandma Jenny showed up in India the first time and quickly married him off to some poor, unsuspecting girl.

I can't believe I thought he was a nice guy. This is one of the worst situations on these shows I've ever seen. He let her move over there knowing that he couldn't marry her and she'd have to leave with nothing. I don't think she knew he was married. What a coward. I hope his Indian wife leaves him, too.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

No matter how much modern technology we have, being pregnant is work. It's hard. Giving birth, no matter how you do it, is hard. And being a parent for the rest of your life is hard. I wish people would stop the shaming. We're all on equal ground when it comes to having kids and being mothers/fathers. 

Heh. I was on misc.kids on Usenet in the 90's. Talk about Mommy Wars. I'll never forget the woman who posted "if I can't breastfeed, should I get my tubes tied?". Endless flame wars about breast vs. bottle, SAH vs WOH, and the granddaddy of them all, circumcision!

There are some who tell other women that a C section isn't a "real" birth! Yeah, take a seat.

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I knew a woman years ago in an arranged marriage, they were from India.  Luckily they fell in love and by now they must be together 30 years.  In her family anyone can refuse a mate, it is not iron clad, and the woman decides how "friendly" you are gonna be before marriage:  hand holding, kissing, anything.

It is not very common for a woman to be pushed into a marriage she doesn't want. Most prospective brides have veto power. And yes, they meet beforehand, maybe several times, they can talk and go on dates. Its not a medieval arrangement, with the bride first laying eyes on her husband for the first time on her wedding day. 

Hasn't anyone seen Monsoon Wedding? The main character is a young woman about to embark on an arranged marriage. Great movie.

Sumit is what, 30? He would certainly have been on the marriage market for several years at least. Does he have a college education? A middle class guy, with a degree and a good job in a call center (those jobs are sought after in India) would be a good prospect. I bet he's been married for years.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Maybe this opinion is unpopular, but I think that Deavon DID give up a lot to move to S Korea. Despite not having much herself, she lived with her family and support system in a comfortable home. In SKorea, all she has is a language she cannot speak (and I don't imagine it will happen for a while), her in laws who are not enamored with her, a tiny cramped home, a husband who is useless ish ... has she thought about Drascillas future in S Korea ? Idk how it is over there, but she will stick out severely in a.classroom or plauground. At least in most major cities in the US we have a multicultural society, Idk how the attitudes there are towards foreigners, im assuming there are military families living on army bases but Drascilla would likely be integrated into Korean society. 

I think they needed to use protection. They had no business bringing a child into this mess. They both don't have jobs and Jihoon needs parenting classes in the worst way.

I also think it's very selfish that Deavan just left her daughter for months for some guy. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I heard "clean." "Natural" isn't necessarily..... 

I rewatched and actually he says both. First in his TH, when he's describing using the "beat it" he says "you have natural anal." Then with Deaven he says "My whole family anal is so clean." 

62C42611-1BC4-402F-9082-DEA07863D97D.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
fixed the quote
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think they needed to use protection. They had no business bringing a child into this mess. They both don't have jobs and Jihoon needs parenting classes in the worst way.

I also think it's very selfish that Deavan just left her daughter for months for some guy. 

I think they both need parenting classes.

Maybe Drascilllllla will learn how to be civilized under the care of someone else, so this might be a good thing for her.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Twopper said:

I hope TLC gave Karine bonus money for the footage they took of her.  I cannot imagine being in labor with a husband who doesn't speak my native tongue in a hospital without medicine for pain and having TLC cameras filming. 

Not to mention filming her last year while Beelzebub, M.D. told her the baby she was carrying was dead. Whew. Karine has been through it.

47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. I was on misc.kids on Usenet in the 90's. Talk about Mommy Wars. I'll never forget the woman who posted "if I can't breastfeed, should I get my tubes tied?". Endless flame wars about breast vs. bottle, SAH vs WOH, and the granddaddy of them all, circumcision!

There are some who tell other women that a C section isn't a "real" birth! Yeah, take a seat.

It is not very common for a woman to be pushed into a marriage she doesn't want. Most prospective brides have veto power. And yes, they meet beforehand, maybe several times, they can talk and go on dates. Its not a medieval arrangement, with the bride first laying eyes on her husband for the first time on her wedding day. 

Hasn't anyone seen Monsoon Wedding? The main character is a young woman about to embark on an arranged marriage. Great movie.

Sumit is what, 30? He would certainly have been on the marriage market for several years at least. Does he have a college education? A middle class guy, with a degree and a good job in a call center (those jobs are sought after in India) would be a good prospect. I bet he's been married for years.

that is a good movie. 

I had a former co-worker from India who was in an arranged marriage. It sounded like she barely knew her husband when they got married but they had three kids and she seemed quite happy. 

Edited by libgirl2
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Considering that Paul’s last job was as an incompetent, nearly fired, cow dung picker-upper, I think LPN is wayyyyyyyyyy above his skill set even if he wasn’t a felon.

Plus if he had to run anywhere in the building to attend to an emergency, everyone who saw him would have head injuries from collapsing in laughter.

Damn it all. I’m trying to conduct a labor market survey and return to work initiative for Pole. 

Surely his unexpected calm demeanor during birth and bullet proof vest qualify as transferable skills and useful equipment owned. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's gonna rain blows next week.  So many will be dealt!  

The only person I feel bad for is sumit's wife.  So, let the blows be dealt!

There will be blows. 

Blows will be dealt, and there will be sufferers of blows.

I hope Jenny takes what TLC money she’s earned and goes on a singles cruise.

I hope Sum meat’s wife pummels him mercilessly, sends a bill for her dowry to his parents, and divorces his weenie ass. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Arranged marriages are still pretty common in India as I understand it. It certainly takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation! You meet someone, you know they want a serious relationship and want to get married! You still get a chance to spend some time and see if you like them or not. You can talk about children, finances, all that kind of stuff, and see if you have similar goals. And I think most people who choose that route go into it with the attitude that they're going to do their best to make sure it works out. If everyone goes into it in good faith, its as good a system as any. That's probably the main reason I detest Sumit now. He knew he was doing a shitty thing, not only to Jenny, but to the girl who thought that the two of them were 100% committed to making their future. She must be mortified.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Well!  Sumit has turned out to be the nadir of fiances!

He was a definite underdog, a Rocky Balboa up against the likes of Pao, Mohammad, and Azan.  But this simple, unassuming Indian man may have pulled off the upset of the century.

He almost made the episode as good as A Very Brady Renovation, but not quite.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Dobian said:

He was a definite underdog, a Rocky Balboa up against the likes of Pao, Mohammad, and Azan.  But this simple, unassuming Indian man may have pulled off the upset of the century.

He almost made the episode as good as A Very Brady Renovation, but not quite.

Sad thing is, he got nothing out of it. I don’t think Jenny was sending him money nor did it seem that she had showered him with gifts. He did seem to genuinely like Jenny, enjoyed her company and I didn’t get the impression that their correspondence over the years involved a lot of sex talk. Sumit clearly is a weak insecure little man. He broke Jenny’s heart. And set himself up to be  hated by viewers and followers of the show. Why? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - no pain meds? Check please!  I cringed when he said "No DNA test needed!"  Like that is the FIRST thing you think of, Paul?  Not wow - ten fingers and ten toes and my wife is healthy.  Nope, A DNA test.

Plus Paul was giddy the baby had blue eyes.  Dude, you know they change, right????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Karine really does need to be on birth control. She's had, what? Two miscarriages and a live birth just in the short time we've seen them? Her body alone needs to rest, and that's before you get into the whole marriage issue.

On a lot of the mommy forums, women who don't have "natural births" get quite a bit of shaming. At the end of the day, though, we all carried or children, we all gave birth to them, and we all (or most of us, I guess) love our kids. When you look at them all now, can anyone even tell which ones were the product of a  natural birth and which ones had mothers who asked for the horse pills? Nope. If a mother wants to give it a go on her own, then more power to her. But if a woman demands all the modern pain relieving conveniences, then rock on sister. 

And the whole thing about "I want to feel myself give birth so I don't want anyone to numb me" stuff? Ladies, when you squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, you're gonna know it. You're gonna know it for a few weeks after, in fact. 

No matter how much modern technology we have, being pregnant is work. It's hard. Giving birth, no matter how you do it, is hard. And being a parent for the rest of your life is hard. I wish people would stop the shaming. We're all on equal ground when it comes to having kids and being mothers/fathers. 

No shame here, man. I love pain medication. It is currently protecting me from the ravages of a kidney stone that's working its way through a bunch of tiny tubes that are too small to accommodate it. But in 1996, I was young-ish and stupidish, and I opted to have my son at home on my couch with a midwife. On purpose. Like it was a conscious decision I made. No meds. Nine pounds of baby with a big round head and giant linebacker shoulders - you're gonna feel that coming out, let me tell ya. If I'd had a second baby and my doctor had allowed it, I suspect I would've gone for a twilight labor with as many pills and epidurals as they'd let me have. And perhaps a gin and tonic just in case the other stuff didn't dull it all.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

The betrayal by Sumit is bad enough that I hope her daughter considers going there and hiring a couple local Indian thugs to "sort him out," as they say in England. Sumit needs a little beat down to show him not to catfish Americans.

Put Mother Chantal on the case!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Lots of speculation on Sumit's marriage, but bottom line, if Jenny doesn't marry him (or someone) within 90 days, doesn't she get shipped back to the U.S.?  I don't think she can stay in India forever unless she is legally married to an Indian citizen. 

Maybe his parents can arrange one for her.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Damn it all. I’m trying to conduct a labor market survey and return to work initiative for Pole. 

Surely his unexpected calm demeanor during birth and bullet proof vest qualify as transferable skills and useful equipment owned. 

Pole can open his own Outdoor Supply Shop/ Flea Market.  (Also, no child should be exposed to that mess of a home and have hair extensions as a baby toy!)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

He’ll take her to the airport and get teary eyed  saying goodbye to his son and wave to Deavan, soon as they’re out of sight, he’ll pick up his little doggie, breathe a sigh of relief and return to mommy and daddy.

You nailed it. That was my ex husband, he liked the idea of having a wife and child better than actually being a husband and father and he put on a good show of it for others. He's not an unkind person, just mainly lazy and not husband/father material and I see that in Jihoon.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

I hate to get gross, but Laura could be in perimenopause.  For some women, the hormones go off the charts during that time.  It's like Mother Nature knocking on your door and saying "Dearie, you know it's getting late.  If you're going to have [a / another] baby, ou'd better get moving!"  I was ridiculous during that time in a way I'd never been before.  It lasted through much of my 40s and by the time I hit menopause, it was like a switch being turned off.  I suspect that Laura is in that nature-knocking phase, in which case Aladin may be in for an unpleasant surprise when she hits that "lights out" time.

Bingo!  I forgot about that--made me horny as hell.  I'm probably most embarrassed by getting turned on by my dentist leaning over me to inspect my teeth.  What the hell.

I bet you're right.  Enjoy your last blast, Laura.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I hate being so late to watch! That damn Jenny and Sumit popped up on my phone with a total spoiler this morning, which reminded me that I had missed the episode. I'm sure you all have it covered. I'm just gonna sit here and listen to Deaven  lament about Utah being different than Korea. Who'd a thunk it????

• Love 2
13 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

On purpose. Like it was a conscious decision I made. No meds. Nine pounds of baby

I am so sorry but I was laughing so hard at this post.   It is not like you were all oh my gosh the baby is coming we have no time but you planned it - WITH NO MEDS.  Girl, I salute you!  I had a corn fed one myself, over 10 pounds and I was all pain medicated up, had the epidural but wait:  I was not pushing because, well I was a wee bit tired after being in labor for the third day and pushing for over three hours....so yeah.  My doctor cut me off the epidural!!!  So yeah I felt it like nothing I have ever felt before.  And I would do it again!  And I did!   Next time:  C section.  I was so high that my sister came to visit with her son, we took pictures that I don't remember taking and the next day she came back and I was like "Are you ready to meet the baby?"  She replies, I did - yesterday.  I replied, no....really?  And this was my sister.  Chew on that!  And then my doctor shows up to discharge me and she offers me Vicadin (I think, this was 1999) and she says, "Are you in pain?"  I said no, and she write the prescription and tells me:  "The day is not over." 

So ladies who have not birthed:  There is no awards ceremony, no ribbons, no trophy.  Let it be a happy experience with lots and LOTS of meds!!!  

16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Sumit clearly is a weak insecure little man. He broke Jenny’s heart. And set himself up to be  hated by viewers and followers of the show. Why? 

The $100,000 question!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am so sorry but I was laughing so hard at this post.   It is not like you were all oh my gosh the baby is coming we have no time but you planned it - WITH NO MEDS.  Girl, I salute you!  I had a corn fed one myself, over 10 pounds and I was all pain medicated up, had the epidural but wait:  I was not pushing because, well I was a wee bit tired after being in labor for the third day and pushing for over three....so yeah.  My doctor cut me off the epidural!!!  So yeah I felt it like nothing I have ever felt before.  And I would do it again!  And I did!   Next time:  C section.  I was so high that my sister came to visit with her son, we took pictures that I don't remember taking and the next day she came back and I was like "Are you ready to meet the baby?"  She replies, I did - yesterday.  I replied, no....really?  And this was my sister.  Chew on that!  And then my doctor shows p to discharge me and she offers me Vicadin (I think, this was 1999) and she says, "Are you in pain?"  I said no, and she write the prescription and tells me:  "The day is not over." 

So ladies who have not birthed:  There is no awards ceremony, no ribbons, no trophy.  Let it be a happy experience with lots and LOTS of meds!!!  

The $100,000 question!

With my last vaginal birth, I had a complete placental abruption at 33 weeks. It sent me into active labor. The dude inserted the epidural anyway, but since I was having contractions it was difficult. Long story short, he got it in but not in the right spot. The only thing that got numb was my right leg. When it was time to push, they kept telling me to hold my knees apart, but my right leg was like a limp noodle-it just flopped around any old way. 

I don't get Sumit's game either.Right now I'm just looking at him as a very weak, spineless man who is too scared to say "no" to anything and has extreme avoidance behavior. He probably thinks that if he ignores all the issues then they'll quietly go away. As for the filming, maybe he's just really good at compartmentalizing. 

• Love 1

I loved Deavan being all rational about maybe not picking the best man to be the father of her child... 10 months too late.  I do understand he freaking out at Jihoon not being honest about the situation before she flew over, but what was the rush?  And where are her savings from the great job she left?

My friend's mother once gave her some great advice, "never have sex with someone you can't see as the father of your child".  Because any type of precautions you take, the only 100% reliable birth control is to not have sex. 

I loved how Pole was freaking out over the lack of a doctor.  A doctor is only really needed at a birth if something is wrong.  I am sorry that Karine didn't have the option of pain meds.  And Pole, you know that a lot of babies are born with blue eyes that darken over the next few days, right?

Laura, it's been one day since you had jiggy jiggy, settle down.  Why is Aladin the mature adult actually seeming to want a real marriage?  Liam is weird.  I'm weird too.  I'm not on the spectrum, just a very socially awkward penguin.  But even I know not to laugh at someone inviting you into their home.

I think Sumit is incredibly weak and just figured that by not doing anything, things would magically sort themselves out and he wouldn't need to make any decisions or hurt anyone.

• Love 14
On 9/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, John M said:

Oh my, you have no idea. Both my sister-in-laws do almost 100% of the household work/child-rearing and I hear from my girlfriends all the time how their partners refuse to do cleaning/cooking, leave towels and clothing around the house, etc.

I have been married for a number of years. But I stayed engaged for 3 years because I was not going to have that kind of husband.  He was raised in a typical Irish household where women do all the work at home and the men come home and sit on the couch. My husband has done his share of the housework when we both worked.  Notice I did not say he helped. Helping means it's my job. He has learned to cook and can even cook a complete Thanksgiving dinner.You can't hope that they will change after you're married;  you have to set the example and state what you want prior to marriage.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, I don't know Jack either.  I am posting what I posted on the couples thread earlier--

I have a new farfetched theory.  Sumit never worked as a telemarketer, and he is from a much wealthier family than we think.  Jenny never met his family;  he hired some would-be actors to pretend to be his family while his real parents and wife lived elsewhere.  His wife may also have her own "side kick."  Sumit may have other "side kicks" that we don't know of.   Also Sumit looks older than the age he claims.  I would think he was closer to 40 than 30, but I wonder if TLC aged him down just to get a 30 year difference. 

Did Jenny pay for her first trip to India or did Sumit?  He was able to rent that fairly decent apartment.  I just can't see why he would want a film crew following him around if all he wanted was for Jenny to be a "side kick."  I certainly hope the next episode gives the Jenny -Sumit story a lot of time.  Maybe he and Jenny are auditioning for a career in Bollywood.

Seriously, if Jenny knew and her daughter and DIL are not also in on it,  I hope that Jen kicks Jenny's ass even harder than she kicks Sumit.  That is despicable.

Regarding summit coming from a well-to-do family, I think you hit the nail on the head. I kept wondering how he could go without any pay. They are both weird though.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RealReality said:

She needs to go back to America, get a job, and start her life again. The one thing she has in her favor,  is that she did not bring her other child with her.

• Love 5

I haven't seen one of these couples yet, on 90 day fiance, that should have gotten married. The men and women by-and-large are overweight, nerdy, and desperate. I think instead of spending money on plane tickets to go to some foreign country, they should get lap band surgery or plastic surgery and build-up their self esteem. Danielle and these 2 blondes this year come off as all 3 of those:  nerdy desperate and overweight.

And there is no excuse for the women that marry those guys from the Dominican Republic or other islands. They slept with you right away; how many women did they sleep with before you and how many women did they sleep with after you went back to the States and before they came over.  Are you listening Chantel?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I hate being so late to watch! That damn Jenny and Sumit popped up on my phone with a total spoiler this morning, which reminded me that I had missed the episode. I'm sure you all have it covered. I'm just gonna sit here and listen to Deaven  lament about Utah being different than Korea. Who'd a thunk it????

Love your comment, " who'd a thunk." Made me smile.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

I have been married for a number of years. But I stayed engaged for 3 years because I was not going to have that kind of husband.  He was raised in a typical Irish household where women do all the work at home and the men come home and sit on the couch. My husband has done his share of the housework when we both worked.  Notice I did not say he helped. Helping means it's my job. He has learned to cook and can even cook a complete Thanksgiving dinner.You can't hope that they will change after you're married;  you have to set the example and state what you want prior to marriage.

Yes, the Irish Mammy is infamous!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

She needs to go back to America, get a job, and start her life again. The one thing she has in her favor,  is that she did not bring her other child with her.

I don't know, either way her children lose.  Devan barely parents drascilla and now she will have two kids she is raising on her own?  She has a tough time with one.  

I don't have any pity for devan, but I do have pity for her kids.  The way drascilla is headed she is going to have a hard time being allowed to stay in a regular classroom.  She is going to have a hard time making friends.  She doesn't seem to have much in the way of social skills.

My 4 year old nephew has a little girl in his class who is just.....bratty.  no one wants to sit with her, play with her or interact with her.  It sucks for the other kids, but also for her.  What 4 year old wants to be studiously avoided by everyone else because they are so unpleasant?  at 4 they arent cliquish, they just dont want to be bothered.  

I was watching a frontline about medicated kids and how teachers have gotten to the point where parents are pretty much told to put their kid on medication or they will be out of the classroom. 

sometimes its absolutely unavoidable, but in drascillas situation i think that had she had more guidance she could have been a spirited but behaved little girl. 

maybe jihoon and devan can move back to the US.  devan would have to get a job and give up on her dreams of being a kept woman (ive seen stay at home moms and they work so hard that it seems unfair to lump devan in with them).  i think jihoon could be a stay at home dad.  He seems to want to do the right thing, is patient and takes direction.

He may be too immature for it and devan will come home to find the baby with a poopy diaper and jihoon playing video games, but this is who she chose and so she just has to do the best she can. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

LOL, his poop shovelling job is like an SVP 1 right?  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

that is a good movie. 

I had a former co-worker from India who was in an arranged marriage. It sounded like she barely knew her husband when they got married but they had three kids and she seemed quite happy. 

I worked for a large banquet hall, (it accommodates 1500 people with all the rooms open), we had multiple locations around the beltway and we had a lot of ethnic weddings.  I had my share of Indian weddings and it was always interesting to me that I would meet with the groom and his father to make the wedding arrangements, I would never meet the bride.  The invitations were always from India, (absolutely gorgeous colors and nice paper), always a lot of guests, but the bride was elsewhere. 

It took a bit but then I realized that those brides were still in India waiting to come to the states and meet her husband for the first time.  To each their own.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

I think instead of spending money on plane tickets to go to some foreign country, they should get lap band surgery or plastic surgery and build-up their self esteem.

They should probably also go to the gym, improve their diets, accept that they will probably never ever rate a boo who is higher than a 5 on the looks spectrum, and get some therapy for it. But, see, all of that takes effort and hard work. It’s so much easier to go spouse shopping for “hot” financially vulnerable people.

It’s the quick and and lazy  fix, and so often those never work out as hoped. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

They should probably also go to the gym, improve their diets, accept that they will probably never ever rate a boo who is higher than a 5 on the looks spectrum, and get some therapy for it. But, see, all of that takes effort and hard work. It’s so much easier to go spouse shopping for “hot” financially vulnerable people.

It’s the quick and and lazy  fix, and so often those never work out as hoped. 

I could not start shopping for a spouse or a significant other unless I was my best self, you reap what you sow, you attract what you are, etc...just saying that if you have not worked on yourself you won't be asking a lot of your mate.  I truly believe if the Laura's, Jenny's and the others had put time in to themselves their outcomes would be different.  

I've been rich and I've been broke, rich is better so why set yourself up for financial disappointment? 

• Love 10
On 9/9/2019 at 10:22 PM, Brooklynista said:

Could Liam be higher functioning on the spectrum? And maybe his rudeness was just him being socially awkward? 

I feel it was on Laura to nudge Liam into saying hello to Aladdin's family if only for a few minutes.

It was on Laura to do so and I felt a bit embarrassed for her but then I remembered her petulant behavior and reversed my sympathies.  I have a 21 year old son, raised him right but still offer a few gentle reminders on etiquette now and then, especially around my mother in law, lol.  It helps that there are other family members his age who are, how can I out this - downright rude and selfish so he looks like a rockstar, lol!!!  (She is is step grandmother and they have only known each other for a few years so he (and my younger son)  look like they rode in on white stallions, lol!!)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

maybe jihoon and devan can move back to the US.  devan would have to get a job and give up on her dreams of being a kept woman (ive seen stay at home moms and they work so hard that it seems unfair to lump devan in with them).  i think jihoon could be a stay at home dad.  He seems to want to do the right thing, is patient and takes direction.

He may be too immature for it and devan will come home to find the baby with a poopy diaper and jihoon playing video games, but this is who she chose and so she just has to do the best she can. 

Depending on his crime he may not be able to come to the US. Devan needs to accept that she made a poor decision to get pregnant with Jihoon and keep the child if she doesn't want to live the lifestyle that Jihoon is capable of providing her in SK or raise the child by herself in the US.

I get it, it sucks, but you decided to get knocked up with a lazy foreigner with a criminal record, that's just how it is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6