Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Fool's Gold

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I also wonder who thinks the man takes care of the woman.. unless one person is home with the kids, and in that case, yes someone goes to work, and someone is home - man or woman. 

Oh my, you have no idea. Both my sister-in-laws do almost 100% of the household work/child-rearing and I hear from my girlfriends all the time how their partners refuse to do cleaning/cooking, leave towels and clothing around the house, etc.

• Love 4

Sum chum is a sack of shit...lying liar who married when his parents  feared he would leave them to be with old lady Jenny...

So why not just tell Jenny that he got married and they were dunzo?

Why the deception?..just  let her go...

Perhaps he got his jollies manipulating Jenny to leave her Palm Springs life and move to India so he could be a big shot with 2 wives...he seemed pained to see her begging him to stay with her...

Why the whole charade...for the teevee show?...for the TLC money?

Hope he comes clean and explains himself to Jenny.

Or we get told the both of them were just jerking us around...

Jenny's DIL kicking the crap out of him...I'd watch that....

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

They're really popular in Europe too, it seems like they're gaining popularity in N. America as well especially since there's all kinds of options now, lol. Some of them have built in dryers, but even if it doesn't, you still don't use as much toilet paper. 

When I first visited Europe many, many moons ago, I was fascinated that all French hotels had bidets in the bathroom.  When I ignorantly asked "Er...what is this?" (I was just out of college), the looks I got from the proprietors were somewhere between 'grins' and "EEW!"  Once "exposed" to the experience, however, bidets began to make a lot of sense!  Sadly, they have SOOO slowly caught on here....even in big cities, i.e. NYC, where I live.  For that "fresh feeling," one must alas still leap into the tub for a 'quicky bottom bath!" ☺️  (P.S.  I can't speak for NYC hotels since I live here and haven't needed to book a room. but I'm sure bidets are featured in the nicer hotels.)

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, b2H said:

He got taken to the cleaners emotionally.

Well, unless Jenny was in on the story line and is a brilliant actress, I think that is a perfect description of her.   To have invested the better part of 7 years in a mostly online romance with Sumit out of a life span of 62 years is a lot of life that could have better been spent looking for romance much closer to home. 

I have no idea what Sumit thought would happen except he probably didn't think she would return.  Why did he agree to this?  He seems to like her or is he just afraid of her reaction if he is truthful?  She forgave him for catfishing her which I would think should make her very suspicious of anything he says.   Maybe he just wanted to be on tv so Bollywood would come calling.  I have no clue and I am not so sure I will be satisfied with what we are told next week. 

So far I still like Jihoon's parents.  I think they are genuinely thrilled with the grandson and are desperately hoping the presence of the Deavan and the baby will force him to grow up.  If Deavan is going to stay in Korea she needs to start learning basic sentences.  I wonder if they helped him pay off the fine?  The only thing I can think that would stop Deavan from returning to the US is that she will no longer be on tv.   I am not sure the US wants Jihoon.

Someone needs to tell Paul that there are often moments during labor where the mother does not want the husband in the room because he cannot share in her pain.   It was awful that at the shift change there were no doctors at all available and that there was no pain medication.   Did they go back to the place in the larger city or was this hospital in her hometown which was hours away?   I hope TLC gave Karine bonus money for the footage they took of her.  I cannot imagine being in labor with a husband who doesn't speak my native tongue in a hospital without medicine for pain and having TLC cameras filming. 

I just can't take Laura and the constant talk about sex and her sex toy.   I would love to be able to watch this show with Aladin and see how he reacts to the things she says when he isn't in the room. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, John M said:

Right? It's not like there were not plenty of alarm bells about moving to India to shack up with the man who catfished her.

Not to victim blame, but she was the one who leaned in upon discovering her boyfriend is a fraud.

I am thinking she needs a minder to keep herself from making more stupid decisions.  She seems nice but very simpleminded.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm getting to the point with this franchise where I'm starting to get pissed. The more we find out about things that are not just recreated for the show but downright fabricated, the less I care and want to watch it. There are lots of crazy folks out there. I met many of them while we were going through the K-1 process ourselves. They really shouldn't have to make things up. As far as this episode goes, however, I do think Jenny was blindsighted. Unless her whole "move" to India was fabricated and her stuff is really just back in her daughter's garage, I don't think she'd have packed up and moved had she known he was already married. For one thing, she'd have known that she couldn't stay longer than 3 months. The rest of these people though? I'm just getting frustrated with production shenanigans. I need to believe that these scenes are real so that I can make fun of these idiots...

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My ex hubby was super socially awkward and did not have nor currently have Autism.  

I get SOOOO sick of this, especially in this franchise and Unexpected:  How about teaching your daughter to "step up" to the birth control counter at Walgreens, Mom and Dad??

“Oh but the man is equally responsible”.  That’s the argument you get when the onus for birth control is put on the girls/women.   

My mom made it clear that in IDEAL world it would be true. But this is not an ideal world. Unfortunately the woman is the one who carries the baby, therefore, you take care of yourself. 

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Seriously, how long did he think he'd be able to keep it up? I mean, he's no smooth operator

No he is not.  Remember that beat down of the people in the bar?  Not exactly a forceful person, is he?

Just now, iwasish said:

“Oh but the man is equally responsible”.  That’s the argument you get when the onus for birth control is put on the girls/women.   

My mom made it clear that in IDEAL world it would be true. But this is not an ideal world. Unfortunately the woman is the one who carries the baby, therefore, you take care of yourself. 

Preach it - this is why, in my younger, pre-sterilization days, I was all about NOT relying on just a condom.  If something goes wrong, the burden, like it or not, no matter what option you choose, is on me.

• Love 4

+1 that Sumit actually had quite a secret.  

-5 that it wasn’t explained by him and it will be yet another week before we see her entire reaction to having been dealt a blow.  

The Award for Best 90 Dayer in An Argument goes to Aladin.  Purple toy?  Eh.  Stink in bed?  Eh.  Making wine?  Eh.  Purple toy, part II?  Eh.   

• Love 3

So my 22dd and both raised our arms when Sumit declared his secret and said it’s Ramadan!  (I.e Mohammad’s reason for not kissing Danielle at their wedding first season).  

DD22 says make sure the forum know we don’t mean disrespect, it’s just funny.  My response...pretty sure everyone gets it 😁

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I've made it a practice to tell my 3 sons that everyone, male and female, is responsible for taking care of their own parts and what they do with them  and that it's a mistake to believe anyone cares more about taking care of you than you do! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Sumbitch was no doubt married off quickly after his parents hosted his granny gal pal for six months.  They were never going to let that continue.  

He’s a liar and gutless, so did what his parents wanted then kept lying to Jenny.  I think the intrigue gave him a thrill but now the chickens have come home to roost.

• Love 6

I don't get Jenny.  Sumit lied to her from the very first time she met him.  He lied to her about who he was, he catfished her.  If he lied to her to start, he was probably going to continue to lie, and he did.  

I think to Sumit, Jenny is exotic, a blonde, blue eyed white American woman.  She probably feeds his ego.  He's disgusting but she's stupid so they're a pair.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Someone needs to tell Paul that there are often moments during labor where the mother does not want the husband in the room because he cannot share in her pain.   It was awful that at the shift change there were no doctors at all available and that there was no pain medication.   Did they go back to the place in the larger city or was this hospital in her hometown which was hours away?   I hope TLC gave Karine bonus money for the footage they took of her.  I cannot imagine being in labor with a husband who doesn't speak my native tongue in a hospital without medicine for pain and having TLC cameras filming. 

I was thinking the same thing, when they kept showing her naked body in labor, my lord. There's not enough money in the world!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I was thinking the same thing, when they kept showing her naked body in labor, my lord. There's not enough money in the world!

I agree - no pain meds? Check please!  I cringed when he said "No DNA test needed!"  Like that is the FIRST thing you think of, Paul?  Not wow - ten fingers and ten toes and my wife is healthy.  Nope, A DNA test.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought a bidet was a separate unit for clean anal.  LOL   It looks like a low water fountain.

In Japan they have washlets everywhere...including subway stations.   SO CLEAN.   You could eat of the floor.   Washlets are basically fancy toilet SEATS.    They clip on the top just like the existing American ones except they are powered, which is why you need the outlet.

I saw one recently at Costco.   It's real here now LOL

The toto washlet is awesome and fits on most existing toilets.   The seat automatically opens on approach and presprays the bowl to make it extra clean and so nothing "sticks."   Upon sitting the automatic deodorizer fan starts up to eliminates smells and acts as white noise.   There are also one with white noise or music features to drown out sounds in public spaces.

Ours also has a heated seat.   Like yeah.

Clean front, Clean back, different pulses or strengths, you can have settings like a car (passenger 1 and 2 hahahahha), oscillating, stream spray patterns and the dryer with different heat settings.  Or you can use toilet paper to blot and go.....you'll end up using less TP overall obviously.

The wand is self cleaning.   There is an ionizer and ozonator for the wand cleaning and the water cleaning and heating.   It's all in a separate chamber and it just comes out and goes back in.

For men you can push a button and it lifts the seat for you open/close.   For women there is nothing better when you have your period.

After you are done flushing the seat will automatically close.   The toilet also self sprays in intervals to keep the bowl clean.

And that's the 411 on clean anal.   You're welcome.

This sounds amazing. I never knew that my ass needed such a thing, but now that I know it does I'm gonna have to break down and buy one.

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - no pain meds? Check please!  I cringed when he said "No DNA test needed!"  Like that is the FIRST thing you think of, Paul?  Not wow - ten fingers and ten toes and my wife is healthy.  Nope, A DNA test.

I have mad respect for the women who CHOOSE to go the no pain meds route, but it sounded to me like she didn't have any because the medical facility didn't provide them. Personally, I had a beautiful, loving delivery all 3 times and I was higher than a kite. When they asked me if I wanted an epidural or pain medication, I answered, "What do you mean 'or'?" 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Sum chum is a sack of shit...lying liar who married when his parents  feared he would leave them to be with old lady Jenny...

So why not just tell Jenny that he got married and they were dunzo?

Why the deception?..just  let her go...

Perhaps he got his jollies manipulating Jenny to leave her Palm Springs life and move to India so he could be a big shot with 2 wives...he seemed pained to see her begging him to stay with her...

Why the whole charade...for the teevee show?...for the TLC money?

Hope he comes clean and explains himself to Jenny.

Or we get told the both of them were just jerking us around...

Jenny's DIL kicking the crap out of him...I'd watch that....

I think Homeboy is just a spineless twit. He didn't have the balls to "break up" with Jenny and admit that he was married, to tell her not to come when she was planning her move, to tell her the truth about who he was going home to. Just as I assume he didn't have the balls to just immigrate to the USA to marry Jenny if he really loved her that much or to be honest about his relationship with her. The same way he hid behind the "Michael Jones" facade, he has zero backbone and can't stand up to anyone. I think he honestly believed that once Jenny got there he could just go back and forth between the two, acting like everything was okay, and never having to make a real stand or decision. Bastard. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

When they asked me if I wanted an epidural or pain medication, I answered, "What do you mean 'or'?" 

Me too!!  I was like, "Look, we are in an awesome hospital, it is 1997, not 1897 and I do not care if you have to go to the vet supply store to get stuff used on horses, I am not writhing around in pain for 12 hours, mmmmkay?"  Twelve?  Who am I kidding?  I joke my son's birthday should be the 13th, 14th AND the 15th as it took that long to get him out.  Not pushing, obviously, but dude.....speed it up!!  And, let me add:  I LOVED being pregnant, I LOVED being in labor, (yes it is true!) and honestly, I could not wait to do it again!!  It was just so cool!!!  But then again, when you have enough pain meds in you to take out the entire Kentucky Derby........

Back to topic:  Karine:  get on birth control, STAT!  Mirena?  IUD?  ANYTHING?

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My ex hubby was super socially awkward and did not have nor currently has Autism.  Kinda OCD and super stubborn but no autism.

Agree with this; MANY people mistake social anxiety in adults for ASD 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lily247 said:

Agree with this; MANY people mistake social anxiety in adults for ASD 

Yeah, I was with him for a total of 20 years, I am a SPED teacher, and yes I could have been too close to the flame, but now - 8 years divorced - no ASD.  Just super awkward.  I mean, (and I could go on and ON!) I had to TELL him:  "I am having a SURGERY, you do NOT get to go across the street and window shop at the hardware store.  No."  He was , seriously, like, "Really?"  In fairness to him, he was not/is not socially anxious, just socially awkward.  And best of all:  NOT! MY! PROBLEM! ANYMORE!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Me too!!  I was like, "Look, we are in an awesome hospital, it is 1997, not 1897 and I do not care if you have to go to the vet supply store to get stuff used on horses, I am not writhing around in pain for 12 hours, mmmmkay?"  Twelve?  Who am I kidding?  I joke my son's birthday should be the 13th, 14th AND the 15th as it took that long to get him out.  Not pushing, obviously, but dude.....speed it up!!  And, let me add:  I LOVED being pregnant, I LOVED being in labor, (yes it is true!) and honestly, I could not wait to do it again!!  It was just so cool!!!  But then again, when you have enough pain meds in you to take out the entire Kentucky Derby........

Back to topic:  Karine:  get on birth control, STAT!  Mirena?  IUD?  ANYTHING?

Karine really does need to be on birth control. She's had, what? Two miscarriages and a live birth just in the short time we've seen them? Her body alone needs to rest, and that's before you get into the whole marriage issue.

On a lot of the mommy forums, women who don't have "natural births" get quite a bit of shaming. At the end of the day, though, we all carried or children, we all gave birth to them, and we all (or most of us, I guess) love our kids. When you look at them all now, can anyone even tell which ones were the product of a  natural birth and which ones had mothers who asked for the horse pills? Nope. If a mother wants to give it a go on her own, then more power to her. But if a woman demands all the modern pain relieving conveniences, then rock on sister. 

And the whole thing about "I want to feel myself give birth so I don't want anyone to numb me" stuff? Ladies, when you squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, you're gonna know it. You're gonna know it for a few weeks after, in fact. 

No matter how much modern technology we have, being pregnant is work. It's hard. Giving birth, no matter how you do it, is hard. And being a parent for the rest of your life is hard. I wish people would stop the shaming. We're all on equal ground when it comes to having kids and being mothers/fathers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

The gender stereotype thing is....more prevalent a mindset then you might think.  I know/knew plenty of women...women living independent lives...who as soon as they were in a relationship very much wanted traditional gender roles.  They wanted a man to "take care of them".  I think, possibly, that may be part of the appeal to marrying someone from another country, since in a lot of places, that's still very much the norm.

Also bidets are awesome, and I wish they were more common here.  You CAN use a little bit of toilet paper to pat dry if need be, but it uses way less.  Plus....well...there isn't any friction or dryness. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Maybe Jenny's DIL will be a guest at the Tell-All- - hopefully from the same location as Sumit, so she follow through with her threat!

She looks like an MMA fighter.  She has to be.  I'm sure I've seen her in an octagon on one of those cable channels before.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Wow....tip of the hat to all you fellow forum members who called out sumit as being married weeks ago. I really didn't think that could have been it.  Wowwwww.

Jenny insisting that sumit is making a fool of her is silly.  Sumit is right, he isn't making a fool of Jenny....Jenny is making a fool of Jenny.  The nanosecond he started talking about a promise ring she should have been taking her $6000 and left. 

Also, it's a little jarring that when she listed all the things she gave up, her kids came after her job and her car.  

Sumit can also miss me with not even once mentioning how truly unfair all of this is FOR HIS WIFE.

Anyways....blows will be dealt next week!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

+1 that Sumit actually had quite a secret.  

-5 that it wasn’t explained by him and it will be yet another week before we see her entire reaction to having been dealt a blow.  

The Award for Best 90 Dayer in An Argument goes to Aladin.  Purple toy?  Eh.  Stink in bed?  Eh.  Making wine?  Eh.  Purple toy, part II?  Eh.   

It's gonna rain blows next week.  So many will be dealt!  

The only person I feel bad for is sumit's wife.  So, let the blows be dealt!

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
On 9/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, shouldbedancing said:

The fact that Jihoon can't even admit that his "lost" phones were stolen phones is a bad sign. I've probably only found a couple of phones in my life. You don't just find phone after phone in the street. Why would your instinct be to sell it? That's stealing. He's really really immature, I think there's no redeeming him.

He means well, but he is very immature.  Devan picked the wrong one.  I also think jihoon hates angry Devan so I'm not sure that he tells her the truth even when he is "admitting" to things. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:21 PM, Mr. Minor said:

Skipper horny! 🙄😮

On 9/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Skipper lying about purple vibrator....again!  Good Lord leave that thing alone.  Liam, you can't go inside for a few minutes to meet his family?  That was rude.  It wasn't like they all wanted you to go out clubbing  - just pop inside, say hello and explain you are very tired from a long flight.  

Laura annoys me because I think she likes trying to get under aladin's skin.  It probably burns her up that he generally ignores her.  She is a complete nagatha.  

She was so desperate for the vibrator she fished it out of the trash.  Apparently he didn't know.....perfect crime!  But nooooooooooo, she wants to bring up the fact that again she doesn't respect him.or herself enough to have the integrity to keep her word and she wants to use the vibrator conversation to get under his skin and nag him.

Girl, if you don't like the sex and that's why you got the vibrator..... great......why the hell do you keep asking for sex?

It's the same thing with Rebecca.....adults in a relationship with a fellow equal person do what they say and say what they do.  Fishing stuff out of the trash is for children and hoarders.  

Liam's tone made me want to knock that silly ass hat off his head.  In what universe did he get the impression he should ever take that tone with anyone ..ever?

On 9/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, Gobi said:

I got the impression that Hinoon was buying "lost" (stolen) phones and then cracking the passwords so the phones can be resold.

Yes.  This.  He should probably stop.acting like he isn't culpable.  But this must be the reason he "quit" his job. 

Devan can be salty, but she should have asked the mark more questions.  

On 9/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, humbleopinion said:

Aladin sees a Laura that is not visible to any of us...I can believe he does love her...

Laura loves that she has sex with a young man who isn’t repulsed by her old lady bits.

Liam likes being on teevee and should get his ass kicked by Laura for being rude to her in laws.

Liam is the ugly American...and it is embarrassing..

On 9/9/2019 at 10:25 PM, Barbara Please said:

Also, he needs to lose the dumb hat, and the skanky airplane blanket. He looked like he was about to attend a spaghetti western cosplay convention.

🙄

In the immortal words of Chris rock...

take-off-that-silly-ass-hat-44959127.png.1912dfcd10395b02472636a429c37bc4.png

19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Liam's underbite smile and blank stare non responses give him the appearance of being  mentally slow...Liam thinks he is being intimidating to Aladin...major fail....

Liam was giving me shades of Danielle's son trying to lay down the law with no right before he smoked him in a game of pool.  

Liam must have life problems if that's what he is wearing to scare a man far taller and fitter than he is.  

17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not to be off topic but my hunch is a bidet reminded people, after WW2, of brothels in France and were thought of as unseemly.

Back on topic:  gotta give credit to Deavan for trying the octopus and having the right attitude of fitting in and respecting her elders.  Still, she will be on a plane to Utah by noon.

Sometime in the 90s my parents built my dad's "dream home.". My dad grew up poor, so he had these ideas of what was fancy.   And so.....we had a bidet.  But in the days before Google I don't think any of us functionally knew HOW to  use it. 

And it wasn't a toilet function.....it was like in it's own bowl.  I wonder if the people who bought the house kept it....they all probably have clean anals.

Yes, as much as Devan is a wet blanket kudos to her from trying that live octopus because I want to be an adventurous eater but I think I'd have a problem.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Laura annoys me because I think she likes trying to get under aladin's skin.  It probably burns her up that he generally ignores her.  She is a complete nagatha.  

She was so desperate for the vibrator she fished it out of the trash.  Apparently he didn't know.....perfect crime!  But nooooooooooo, she wants to bring up the fact that again she doesn't respect him.or herself enough to have the integrity to keep her word and she wants to use the vibrator conversation to get under his skin and nag him.

Girl, if you don't like the sex and that's why you got the vibrator..... great......why the hell do you keep asking for sex?

Yes, as much as Devan is a wet blanket kudos to her from trying that live octopus because I want to be an adventurous eater but I think I'd have a problem.  

#1) Exactly. My God why is she so obsessed with sex and orgasms? Keep that shit to yourself. Your son does not need to see you talk about your sexual experiences and pleasures on national tv. I cringe at the thought of my (grown) kid hearing such details about/from me. 

#2) That was just gross. No way in hell would anyone (new to the culture) put a moving, wiggling body part of an octopus in her mouth. I love the hell out of sushi, but it is not moving. 

• Love 9

I suspected Summit (sumi?) was married long before he word vomited it on the show, just hadda feeling. I’m betting he has kids, too.   I’m surprised at some posters thinking it happened quickly after Jenny was there the first time.  I always thought he was married.  I don’t know beans from bananas in Indian culture - is there ever more than one wife?  Did he possibly spring Jenny on mon and dad as a possible wife number 2?  (Forgetting to mention she was old, homely and pasty white?).  Or perhaps did he seriously present her as a “friend” (meaning they took her to be his side piece).  I know the parent bond in India is typically concrete.  But maybe it’s not uncommon to have a side chick??

Ive interacted with 2 sets of married Indian nationals in years past.  Both were in arranged marriages.  The one couple was very young (early 20’s) and seemed to be happy.  The girl wasn’t sure at first that she would be happy - made NO noise about getting “out”, just about whether “happy” would be part of her life.  Her husband, however, was very interested in the prospect of  a happy woman.  He bought her flowers, he bought her gifts, he was nice to her, he complimented her, he wooed her.  And wow’d her in the end.  She had never (allegedly) met this man before the actual wedding.  She lived in the states and went home for wedding.  Somehow got word to him, and they managed to meet twice before the wedding.  He was young and cute, and I believe they had potential to be happy in the long term.  

The other couple were my neighbors many years ago.  They were arranged as well.  He was as dumb as a box of rocks (bless his heart) and she hated his guuuuuuuuts.  They are still together.  I see their son frequently.  He says his dad picked up many good American traits over the years and lost some not-so-pleasant Indian ones.  My impression is that Mama lost some nag when he learned to use common sense and DO some things.  The pure enjoyment I got from that couple... he’s explaining to me why he wants to cover his back (wooden) porch floor with linoleum.  (Because when it rains, his wooden floor gets very slick).  Ok, so 1) linoleum will be slicker than wood in rain, you see that, right?  2) if you think rain on wood is slick, wait till you have ice on linoleum in January.  3) if you cover that wood with linoleum, you’ll trap moisture under there, and the wood will rot fairly quickly.  and 4) this is America and we just don’t put linoleum on our back porches, k?

Almost every day he would come up with a “good idea” for me to shoot at.  My husband came home every day eager to hear.

Anyway, all that to say if Summit’s parents arranged a marriage for him, I don’t think the way out is easy.  It wouldn’t be easy to break a  betrothal (I believe as binding as the actual ceremony).  Probably more difficult still to end a marriage.    I think he’s stuck.  This could have been Arranged when he was still a baby.  I’m SURE there are intolerable situations where they can’t stand each other, but I bet the union is for life.  I’m guessing when the dust settles, he’s hoping Jenny agrees to be second chair.  Known about but not recognized.  Kept.

but that’s just my guess.  And I don’t know jack.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Deaven needs a major haircut. Jihoon is in no way ready to be a father.  And their living arrangement with his parents is common,  I suppose,  but not enviable.

Laura is still not satisfied with Aladin's jiggy-jiggy. There goes that Arabian Nights fantasy! Maybe if she looked more like Scheherazade... 

Can you imagine being the poor kid with Pole as your sire? *shudder*

Edited by LennieBriscoe
Confused my thirsty dames.
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My ex hubby was super socially awkward and did not have nor currently has Autism.  Kinda OCD and super stubborn but no autism.

I get SOOOO sick of this, especially in this franchise and Unexpected:  How about teaching your daughter to "step up" to the birth control counter at Walgreens, Mom and Dad??

Karine is a brand-new mother. Deaven is a brand-new mother, plus one. Rebecca and Jenny are older women who have had careers; moreover, Jenny has looked for a job in India (if memory serves). Finally, Jihoon, Aladin, and Sumit are the ones who agreed to the women moving to new countries and cultures.

So all considered, IMO,  the men should be prepared to be the provider. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karine is a brand-new mother. Deaven is a brand-new mother, plus one. Rebecca and Jenny are older women who have had careers; moreover, Jenny has looked for a job in India (if memory serves). Finally, Jihoon, Aladin, and Sumit are the ones who agreed to the women moving to new countries and cultures.

So all considered, IMO,  the men should be prepared to be the provider. 

I hear you, and I agree with you- I should have been more specific that I was referring to Father Libby badgering Anndddddrrrrei constantly and that chucklehead from Unexpected with the baby named Timothy.  Her fiance/father of kid(s) is employed, not a drinker nor player and he is badgered by Grandpa Tim to "step up" when he seems to be doing everything he should be doing.  I am in 100% agreement that Jihoon should be doing more to support a wife and two kids, but Drascilla's dad should be forking over support as well.

I knew a woman years ago in an arranged marriage, they were from India.  Luckily they fell in love and by now they must be together 30 years.  In her family anyone can refuse a mate, it is not iron clad, and the woman decides how "friendly" you are gonna be before marriage:  hand holding, kissing, anything.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

1. I have bidet attachment on each of our toilets, they're really awesome.  Only $50 on Amazon.

2. I felt bad for Corrine (I think).  Yes women have had babies without pain relief, I have done it myself, 18 years ago today, in fact.  But, it sure is nice to have.

3. Isn't Liam Canadian? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

My mom made it clear that in IDEAL world it would be true. But this is not an ideal world. Unfortunately the woman is the one who carries the baby, therefore, you take care of yourself

And I tell my son that once the girl is pregnant, he has no real choice or much control in what happens moving forward. It’s her body, so he better be sure to suit up no matter what she says about her own precautionary methods.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Hot off the presses, a brand-new "PT-90DF" Men's Long-Sleeved Sweatshirt, perfect for the cool Fall weather!

Available in these color combinations: DMZ Denim with Gochujang Crimson stitching; and Sesame Oil Umber with Toasted Sesame Seed Tan stitching.

The lovingly hand-embroidered saying on the Front: "S. Koreans Have Seoul...."

On the Back: "And Clean Anal!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Well!  Sumit has turned out to be the nadir of fiances!

Had he watched some crazy American comedy like "Any Wednesday" or "The Apartment" and fancied himself some clever Lothario?

Seeing Jenny cry "MAFS" Amber Tears of the Betrayed was, TBH, affecting.

But then I remember the Cautionary Tale that is "Animal House" and its words to live by: "You F***ed Up. You Trusted Us."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I suspected Summit (sumi?) was married long before he word vomited it on the show, just hadda feeling. I’m betting he has kids, too.   I’m surprised at some posters thinking it happened quickly after Jenny was there the first time.  I always thought he was married.  I don’t know beans from bananas in Indian culture - is there ever more than one wife?  Did he possibly spring Jenny on mon and dad as a possible wife number 2?  (Forgetting to mention she was old, homely and pasty white?).  Or perhaps did he seriously present her as a “friend” (meaning they took her to be his side piece).  I know the parent bond in India is typically concrete.  But maybe it’s not uncommon to have a side chick??

Anyway, all that to say if Summit’s parents arranged a marriage for him, I don’t think the way out is easy.  It wouldn’t be easy to break a  betrothal (I believe as binding as the actual ceremony).  Probably more difficult still to end a marriage.    I think he’s stuck.  This could have been Arranged when he was still a baby.  I’m SURE there are intolerable situations where they can’t stand each other, but I bet the union is for life.  I’m guessing when the dust settles, he’s hoping Jenny agrees to be second chair.  Known about but not recognized.  Kept.

but that’s just my guess.  And I don’t know jack.  

Well, I don't know Jack either.  I am posting what I posted on the couples thread earlier--

I have a new farfetched theory.  Sumit never worked as a telemarketer, and he is from a much wealthier family than we think.  Jenny never met his family;  he hired some would-be actors to pretend to be his family while his real parents and wife lived elsewhere.  His wife may also have her own "side kick."  Sumit may have other "side kicks" that we don't know of.   Also Sumit looks older than the age he claims.  I would think he was closer to 40 than 30, but I wonder if TLC aged him down just to get a 30 year difference. 

Did Jenny pay for her first trip to India or did Sumit?  He was able to rent that fairly decent apartment.  I just can't see why he would want a film crew following him around if all he wanted was for Jenny to be a "side kick."  I certainly hope the next episode gives the Jenny -Sumit story a lot of time.  Maybe he and Jenny are auditioning for a career in Bollywood.

Seriously, if Jenny knew and her daughter and DIL are not also in on it,  I hope that Jen kicks Jenny's ass even harder than she kicks Sumit.  That is despicable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Your comment about him being from a well to do family is intriguing!  Was wondering how could he quit his job to hang around with Jenny?  To earn  TLC $$? He’s a liar, but she’s known that all along.  

If she’s known all this time he is married (will we ever know for sure?) then why all the tears?  She was willing to accept his Friendship Ring in lieu of a wedding, even though without a wedding she had to go back to the US.  All his talk about never leaving her is doubly annoying since he’s married.

They deserve each other but we were cheated in watching this play out.  

• Love 6

If Liam is "on the spectrum" as it appears, even more shame on Laura for leaving him for some middle eastern "D". Shame Laura! Shame!   Poor Liam is there in his mind to defend his mom, and be unpleasant. One can only imagine the never ending Jiggy Jiggsters that poor young man has seen in his life time.

Sumit is scum on the bottom of my shoe after I have trailed thru dog poop then walked thru leaves and fresh cut grass. I call producer shenanagins, they must have known some of the truth in this situation. That said, Jenny played herself. This dude catfished her from the jump start. I am still not sure what his gain was, but I hope he is outed within his community as a shyster, and lying liar who LIES!

Jahoon, he can't find chapstick, or a legal job it appears. I feel like he wants Deavan to get sick of him and his childish ways and skip town. He's just not trying.

Poor Karine. She was exposed with a capital E. Get that pay check over to her stat TLC, she deserves the money for filming a non medicated labor in a third world country with her lady bits just shy of being filmed. In my opinion, Pole came thru! At least he didn't run thru the room screaming and channeling a baby Godzilla! Way to go Pole with your white skinned baby! (SMH)

• Love 11
20 hours ago, futurechemist said:

I don't trust the producers, so I am unconvinced as to what extent Sumit is actually married.  They needed a shocking line to end the episode on, but there's no context.  Has he been married for years and has children?  Is he in an arranged marriage that he's not happy in and has a genuine emotional connection to Jenny?  Is he in the process of divorcing his wife after which he'll be fully available?  None of those show him in a good light, but some are less damning than others.  And the last option describes some of the Americans featured recently. 

I agree.  Without context or explanation, it leaves a lot of unanswered questions to get viewers back next week.

I'm wondering if there's going to be an explanation that he was married years ago but the woman took off on him and he can't divorce her because he doesn't know where she is or some fuck-and-awe shenanigans.  

No matter what the circumstances, though, he should have been straight with poor hangdog Jenny about it.

Oh, who am I kidding?  He was catfishing her from the start, so being straightforward and honest likely isn't one of his character traits anyway.  

And I'm going to "spoil" cover this but...

Spoiler

Didn't someone post that Jenny has been posting up recent pics of her and Sumit happily living in India?  If so, that would (IMO) show that Sumit might be "married" but it's apparently not a "real" marriage, so after her meltdown next week things were worked  out.  

• Love 4