Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Chaos Theory

S01.E04 You Had Me at Homicide

Recommended Posts

Quote

Beth Ann's walk on the wild side with April leads to an interesting dinner party with Rob's boss; A visit from Simone's daughter Amy threatens to derail Tommy's plan; Taylor, Jade and Eli get mixed up

Since no one has made a topic I will.   Mods feel free to edit as necessary.

Well things have gotten real for the modern era.   For the first time I really liked the modern era storyline.   Taylor and Eli both fighting for top dog status in the relationship only to have Jade show that she has the biggest dick in the relationship.  Or possibly that she is just crazy.

Once again hoping that Rob gets murdered because even when BethAnn makes him look good during the dinner party he still bristles.  I did like that he finally kind of admits that he might be wrong about who BethAnn actually is.   Still hoping he gets axe murdered.

Speaking of Axe murdered, is it weird that I am hoping Simone kills her daughter in a jealous rage over Tommy?  I know that the episode quickly got Amy out if the way for Tommy's affection and even had Simone wear that awful watch but still...….

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

The coroner was creepy! I know the teasers at the start of each episode basically amount to, "Don't forget that murder is a-comin'," but I've found them all fun.

Beth Ann on "reefer", as she put it, was amusing.  And it's always nice to see Peri Gilpin, though I almost didn't recognize her in her 60s hairdo.  This week was the most I've ever liked Rob (but I still want him to die, and perhaps the two women in his life can kill him together).

Simone's daughter Amy is very much like her. In more ways than one! I knew from the casting announcement about Amy that she was probably going to be interested in Tommy, but I'm glad they apparently nipped that in the bud right away.


I have trouble buying Simone and Tommy as an actual couple; he's young for her, as they underline again and again, and I have my doubts that a relationship that began shortly after Simone learned her husband was gay is the sort of relationship meant to last forever.  Also, she's clearly accustomed to a certain lifestyle that he can't provide. And it's hard to see Simone going public with that relationship!

Jade hitting her ex with the hammer made me sit up.  

Edited by CRT
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, CRT said:

 And it's always nice to see Peri Gilpin, though I almost didn't recognize her in her 60s hairdo.

Her voice and her face were VERY different.  Definitely the teeth, and everything around the jaw area.  The whole thing was so weird I had to check on IMDB to make sure.

46 minutes ago, CRT said:

Simone's daughter Amy is very much like her. In more ways than one! I knew from the casting announcement about Amy that she was probably going to be interested in Tommy, but I'm glad they apparently nipped that in the bud right away.

I loved Amy.  I totally forgot Simone mentioning her daughter earlier in the show and thought that Amy was supposed to be Simone's sister until Amy said "and you divorced Daddy."

47 minutes ago, CRT said:

The coroner was creepy! I know the teasers at the start of each episode basically amount to, "Don't forget that murder is a-comin'," but I've found them all fun.

I'm the same; I keep forgetting people will be killed later on.  I just like the show for what it is, minus the gimmick.  I guess we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CRT said:

And it's always nice to see Peri Gilpin, though I almost didn't recognize her in her 60s hairdo.

I didn't recognize her until the end of her final scene. I hope Peri Gilpin's character's invitation to see more of BethAnn comes to fruition in-show. 
  
  

5 hours ago, CRT said:

Jade hitting her ex with the hammer made me sit up.  

Last episode got me thinking that Jade would be the show's 21st century killer; now I can actually picture it. 

ETA: Except the arm that slipped out from under the sheet of the ME's gurney looked like Jade's
—but possibly Rob's mistress's.
  
  

Maybe Simone will "just have to" kill Tommy.
  
  

Fun fact: The credits include a costume designer named Tiger.

__________

Anyone else expecting this show to start winning awards as soon as it is eligible?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/6/2019 at 1:46 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Well things have gotten real for the modern era.   For the first time I really liked the modern era storyline.   Taylor and Eli both fighting for top dog status in the relationship only to have Jade show that she has the biggest dick in the relationship.  Or possibly that she is just crazy.

I think this was the best episode so far. First time I thought all three storylines were good.  From the beginning I thought something was off with Jade, I thought she might be manipulating them for her own gain, but after this episode I'm thinking it's possible she cares about them too much and is going to get scary possessive and protective!

Also loved stoned Beth Ann!

Edited by peace355
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size