Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E32: Double Eviction

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, harleybeanswind said:

I really get grossed out by Cliff’s victory face. I feel like it’s just short of his O face. 😣

Personally I’d really really rather totally skate on ANY discussion whatsoever pertaining to the possibility of Cliff even having an O-face, much less what it looks like.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

In what universe is Swaggy popular enough for a return visit? I know this show is devoted to their showmances, but give me a break. I can barely stand to type the word "Swaggy," so you can imagine how I feel about the idea of seeing him again. What an idiotic nickname.

But by virtue of (a) Jessica’s eviction and (b) Christie being eliminated under Nicole’s HoH, Nicole just leapfrogged from having virtually no BB game resume at all, to having the strongest. 

All Nicole did was help Jackson (and Holly, to a lesser extent). Jackson and Holly are the ones who roped Cliff and Nicole into a final four alliance, not the other way around. Either Cliff or Nicole would have nominated Tommy and Christie. If by some miracle Nicole survives to the final 2 with Jackson he'll have the much better resume because all she did tonight was help his game by getting rid of the one person who would have nominated him. Christie wasn't coming after Nicole, she was coming after Jackson and Holly.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Just one, when Kat arrived, then Analyse. I think. Unless it was two.

We're all tuned out, I think. 😁

I have no recollection of either! I wonder if I FF by accident during those. I'm bummed, if so. At least I didn't miss creepy Nick.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

But on the plus side,  I finally realized my subconscious reason for not taking a shine to Cliff this whole season (in addition to consciously finding him to be a suck-up): when he gesticulates, he has this weird body shape/habit whereby his arms are locked at the elbows and he looks like a tubby T-Rex.

Yes, and there is something he has done a few times that puzzles me.  he talks about something in the past, and says that was "before the wife" - as he does it, he puts his hand up to his mouth, almost like miming smoking a cigarette, but not quite. Does anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be?  It's as weird as that little victory thing where he puts his hands up to his chest and then snaps his fingers.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

as he does it, he puts his hand up to his mouth, almost like miming smoking a cigarette, but not quite. Does anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be?  It's as weird as that little victory thing where he puts his hands up to his chest and then snaps his fingers.  

I'm assuming the cigar thing is a Groucho Marx reference. But only ancient people will get it. 

The snapping I think relates to his college because he touched his sweatshirt before doing it. I completely forget what school though. 

I know way too much about Cliff Hogg at this point. 

• Love 1

Finally decided on a favorite to win and then this happens. I reluctantly decided on Nicole to win the game and AFP....until her monumental blunder in not nominating Mickie. Then Cliff makes it worse by keeping noms the same. Didn't either one ever see the show? What a bad season! I'm back to picking no one for the win because I just don't care about any of them. 

As usual I'll be skipping the dreaded and dreadful clip show on its way soon.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm assuming the cigar thing is a Groucho Marx reference. But only ancient people will get it. 

Yeah, that's what it reminds me of, but it's still weird that he only uses that "cigar"  gesture when he says "before the wife."  it's just weird. 

9 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The only reason to have those two back is if they are going to make some sort of announcement about themselves.   There isn't any other logical reason to bring them back.   That said, I have no interest in what they may have to say.

Christie had to go.  Not her fault, but her Diary Room confessions were obnoxious.   TPTB are the ones that kept putting her segments on so often.  I can't blame Christie for that.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be something about them getting married. As shitty as they are, two BB HGs marrying each other is still worth mentioning on the show, ya know? They did it last year with Nicole. Heck, they went OVERBOARD with Nicole, so the fact that they're "only" having Swaggy and Bayleigh host an HoH should show where even the show ranks them. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MRMO said:

Finally decided on a favorite to win and then this happens. I reluctantly decided on Nicole to win the game and AFP....until her monumental blunder in not nominating Mickie. Then Cliff makes it worse by keeping noms the same. Didn't either one ever see the show? What a bad season! I'm back to picking no one for the win because I just don't care about any of them. 

As usual I'll be skipping the dreaded and dreadful clip show on its way soon.

Okay now - so here was last night’s game context immediately following Jessica’s eviction...

1. The game is now down to a symmetrical balance of three couples: Christie/Tommy, Cliff/Nicole, and Jackson/Holly.
  2. Cliff and Jackson have negotiated a formal F4 deal between Cliff/Nicole and Jackson/Holly.  Holly has expressed clear support for the F4 deal.  Nicole has vocalized concerns about the deal - but only privately to feedsters, not overtly to other HGs (except maybe once or twice to her partner Cliff).
  3. No formal deal of any kind exists between Christie/Tommy and any other pair, including Cliff/Nicole. Innumerable informal statements of love and obsession are constantly flying about, true, but nothing solid upon which to base an alliance.

...and Nicole has just won HoH - so how is putting anybody other than Christie and Tommy side-by-side OTB supposed to benefit Nicole’s game?  Because the only other options are your F4 deal or your own partner - and for what?  To benefit an opposing pair with whom you have absolutely no deal whatsoever?

Explain that’un to me like I’m a five-year-old, please.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, that's what it reminds me of, but it's still weird that he only uses that "cigar"  gesture when he says "before the wife."  it's just weird. 

Most long-time married men have a similar affectation (not the Groucho Marx cigar thingie specifically, mind you, but something like it) for describing their lives before getting married and settling down.  Because of course you just know they were the biggest smoking / drinking / fighting / fucking / partying animals on the planet, before the love of a little missus somewhere reigned in these tankers of pure testosterone and made the streets safe to walk at night once more - and the sideways stage whispers are their affected way of referring to those thrilling days of yesteryear when men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and sheep were REAL nervous.

11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I'm sure it will be something about [SCaB] getting married. 

Too late.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, that's what it reminds me of, but it's still weird that he only uses that "cigar"  gesture when he says "before the wife."  it's just weird

Well, Groucho always made that gesture when he was saying something slightly racy, so I guess the implication is that before he got married, Cliff led quite the wild life. Eh, it's super corny. I like Cliff but I'm not a fan of the DR shtick they're making him do. It's too cringey. 

ETA Just saw Nashville's post. What he said. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I get not being happy about it if you wanted Jackson gone, but Nicole's move was logical. Heck, she was even smart enough to know that it made more sense to get Tommy out, but Jackson and Holly just bulldozed her past that decision. 

Exactly.  All Nicole could do was put the couple OTB side-by-side; after that, the question of who gets evicted is out of her hands 

• Love 1

I noticed something on the show last night that actually made me like Holly just a little bit.

She gave the hamsters on the block the respect of giving them her full attention during their last ditch campaign speeches, and kept a concerned "I'm listening.  I hear you." look on her face the whole time.  No sneering, no sarcasm, no eye rolling, just her full undivided respectful attention.

Now, inside she may have been rolling her eyes and cracking sarcastic, but outwardly she appeared like she really cared.  Not only is this a nice thing to do, but it is a smart game move.  The evicted hamster will remember that Holly gave them respect while Jackson rolled his eyes and sipped his coffee.  That attitude just might tip the balance to a jury vote.  You never know...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

The snapping I think relates to his college because he touched his sweatshirt before doing it. I completely forget what school though. 

I know way too much about Cliff Hogg at this point. 

I thought he was rubbing his fingers together to symbolize money or "winning."

And I thought the fingers across the chest gesture was in reference to Clark Kent/Superman. 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought he was rubbing his fingers together to symbolize money or "winning."

And I thought the fingers across the chest gesture was in reference to Clark Kent/Superman. 

Well, I'm just guessing based on his actions last night. I'm always willing to admit to being wrong, but so far I'm happy with my guess. 

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Okay now - so here was last night’s game context immediately following Jessica’s eviction...

1. The game is now down to a symmetrical balance of three couples: Christie/Tommy, Cliff/Nicole, and Jackson/Holly.
  2. Cliff and Jackson have negotiated a formal F4 deal between Cliff/Nicole and Jackson/Holly.  Holly has expressed clear support for the F4 deal.  Nicole has vocalized concerns about the deal - but only privately to feedsters, not overtly to other HGs (except maybe once or twice to her partner Cliff).
  3. No formal deal of any kind exists between Christie/Tommy and any other pair, including Cliff/Nicole. Innumerable informal statements of love and obsession are constantly flying about, true, but nothing solid upon which to base an alliance.

...and Nicole has just won HoH - so how is putting anybody other than Christie and Tommy side-by-side OTB supposed to benefit Nicole’s game?  Because the only other options are your F4 deal or your own partner - and for what?  To benefit an opposing pair with whom you have absolutely no deal whatsoever?

Explain that’un to me like I’m a five-year-old, please.

Totally understand the rationale behind the move to nominate Christie and Tommy. However, Jackson has the largest BB resume and is likely to win future comps. Cliff and Nicole could have brokered a deal with Christie and Tommy. One might argue they should have. They knew that Jackson and Holly were playing both couples and they knew that Tommy and Christie were interested in targeting Jackson and Holly. Christie is disliked by jury members and doesn't win comps like Jackson does - she's a lower risk.  Once Cliff won veto, they could have hit Jackson with a back door. Then they would have been at an F5 without the biggest comp threat still in the game. 

• Love 2

Well, my dream Final 2 of Cliff and Christie got shot out of the water last night.   It looks like it may be Jackson and Tommy instead.  Those guys are going to steamroll over everyone else now.

Thanks to Gemma for making the exit interviews available above.  Jessica demonstrates once again just how clueless a player she really was.  I think even Vessie (BB20) was watching that interview and shaking his head in disbelief!

Christie's interview was really good.  I liked her throughout the season.  She's a scrapper (despite all the tears) and really tried hard to play the game well.

• Love 2

I guess I don't see Christie getting out on Nichol's HOH as some big,  impressive game move on Nichol's part.  She was told by Cliff,  whose shadow she's been hiding under since the beginning,  that they were working with Jackson & Holly, and Jackson's biggest target was Christie.  I know everyone hates Christie & felt this was a big game move but if Nichol was playing BB to win herself, she would have put Jackson up... a huge opportunity missed on her part. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I guess I don't see Christie getting out on Nichol's HOH as some big,  impressive game move on Nichol's part.  She was told by Cliff,  whose shadow she's been hiding under since the beginning,  that they were working with Jackson & Holly, and Jackson's biggest target was Christie.  I know everyone hates Christie & felt this was a big game move but if Nichol was playing BB to win herself, she would have put Jackson up... a huge opportunity missed on her part. 

And it would have been especially delicious after hearing Jackson's repeated "Good job, Nicole" comments during HoH which, to me, sounded less like encouragement and more like "Remember I'm watching you..." It was the same thing how he ran to bear hug her after the win - it didn't seem like genuine enthusiasm, but a way to physically remind Nicole of Jackson's presence/power. 

Jackson is every semi-charming yet controlling boyfriend, manipulative friend, competitive jock from every afterschool special.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just like I refuse to use the pretentious moniker "Will.i.am." It's "WILLIAM." Also, during the song he did with Britney Spears--a major guilty pleasure--I always sing, "When you and I party together" instead of the godawful "When you and me party together." Carry on, CHRIS.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, and there is something he has done a few times that puzzles me.  he talks about something in the past, and says that was "before the wife" - as he does it, he puts his hand up to his mouth, almost like miming smoking a cigarette, but not quite. Does anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be?  It's as weird as that little victory thing where he puts his hands up to his chest and then snaps his fingers.  

Isn’t he just cupping his fingers around his mouth as if he was saying something secretive? You’ve never seen people do that before?

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Feel free to refer to him by his name, Chris. I do it just because I hope he somehow sees me do that and is a little pissed...

I always called him "Saggy C-Eats'.  Why the hell are they even still relevant?!  For some reason,  I seem to remember something coming up a while back on Google newsfeed saying they had secretly gotten married last spring and are holding out for a big televised ceremony.   

Just found the article,  says,  after all,  their whole relationship has been televised since falling in love on BB to him wasting air time by proposing in the finale. 

https://soapdirt.com/big-brother-swaggy-c-bayleigh-dayton-secretly-married-for-two-months/

I was SO glad for the fast DE turnaround time. I was scared for Nicole alone in the boatroom being subjected to Christie's powerfully effective fast-talking survival skills. But Nicole lied fooled her really well. Or so it seemed.
Christie should be a used car salesperson lol.

• Love 1

I think Nicole did great!!  There was absolutely no time to persuade anyone to get on board with a Jackson nom.  Putting him up without the votes would've cost her her whole alliance, and Christie still would've gone home.  Tommy's loyalty lies with Gr8ful  - NOT any bottom feeder - so I think he would've immediately joined forces with HoJack for a Nicole eviction this week.  

That said, I would have MUCH preferred evicting Tommy over Christie.  Or at least evicting Attention Whore Tommy & only keeping Serious Tommy from here on out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I think Nicole did great!!  There was absolutely no time to persuade anyone to get on board with a Jackson nom.  Putting him up without the votes would've cost her her whole alliance, and Christie still would've gone home.  Tommy's loyalty lies with Gr8ful  - NOT any bottom feeder - so I think he would've immediately joined forces with HoJack for a Nicole eviction this week.  

That said, I would have MUCH preferred evicting Tommy over Christie.  Or at least evicting Attention Whore Tommy & only keeping Serious Tommy from here on out.

Or she could have put up Jackson and Holly, both would beat her.  She's worked with them for a while, but there's always a point when you have to cut some ties and make a move.  It's not inconceivable Jackson/Holly may decide they want rid of Cliff next, to break up the other couple.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Or she could have put up Jackson and Holly, both would beat her.  She's worked with them for a while, but there's always a point when you have to cut some ties and make a move.  It's not inconceivable Jackson/Holly may decide they want rid of Cliff next, to break up the other couple.

I think breaking up T&C was almost as important as breaking up J&H, and Nicole was able to do it without blowing up her final four prematurely.  Had she put up Jackson & Holly, she still would've gone into this week with nobody on her side, right?  Tommy & Cliff seem much more likely to team up with the remaining strong player over Nicole.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did, but reserve the right to claim buyer's remorse when I see what happens this week!  And from your mouth to God's ears re: getting rid of Cliff.  Not a fan.

8 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

How many people did she have to persuade, 1?  Really, not even that,  if she put Jackson/Holly up, if Cliff is really "her partner", he would have left noms the same.  I think she made a huge mistake for her game by not getting Jackson out.   People do not LIKE Christy, that's thy only reason they wanted her out,  she was no threat.   She was not winning anything,  she has a horrible social game going.  Jackson is a much bigger threat.  They are all there to try to win for themselves,  not to make it more comfortable for Jackson & to clear the path for him to win.   

Edited by alegtostandon
9 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I would have MUCH preferred evicting Tommy over Christie.  Or at least evicting Attention Whore Tommy & only keeping Serious Tommy from here on out.

Oh if only this was a choice that could be made... I'd otherwise love to have him get a punishment where he wasn't allowed to dramatically touch his hands to his face for a week. He might explode.

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, BK1978 said:

You know near the middle of the season I said it would not shock me if one day we read that Jackson ended up being a Serial Killer.  Well perhaps I was off on that and it is Tommy that may end up a Serial Killer.  The way he changes his emotions on a dime is a bit unnerving.😄 

But, Tommy's emotions don't change that rapidly - his EXPRESSION of emotions changes..  He's faking it He comes across as ACTING , all the time, because every emotion he feels, or tries to feel, he expresses at a level 10. I get the feeling he wants to be in tv or movies, and BB is a sort of audition for him.  

Tommy is used to acting on a Broadway stage, where your expressiveness has to be over-the-top so the people in the back row can tell what you're feeling.   Acting on TV has a lot more subtlety to it, and he hasn't mastered that.  Smaller gestures, moderate displays of emotions, having some range of expression so that it's not dialed all the way up, all the time.   Then again, there are some sitcoms where over-the-top acting is the standard.  Two Broke GIrls comes to mind.  

• Love 1

I don’t get cliffs victory gestures either but always just chucked it up to some college thing because he always taps the shirt so it doesn’t bother me too much. 

I don’t think Nicole could go wrong with either couple she put up. They are all threats. Miche played the game hard. Christine though as annoying as she is I felt played the game hard. Tommy is likable. So I think in her situation it didn’t let really matter. I think she would (is) going to lose the game either way. 

• Love 1