Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Forever

dubbel zout

On 9/8/2019 at 7:33 PM, MissLucas said:

The design of the blouse is not the issue itself - but its top-heavy and accentuates sloping shoulders. In other words it's not doing much for Hillary Duff's body-type (which is great - no critique intended). But since Kelsey very often wears flouncy tops with crew necks or turtlenecks I wonder if that might be HD's personal preference for whatever reasons. I think she looks tons better in crisp designs, simple non-fussy button downs and v-necks.

This is a problem on most shows that I have seen—they don’t know how to adjust fashion choices as women’s bodies change. This is true for makeup and clothes. (It was especially bad on Pretty Little Liars, as I recall.) Hilary’s makeup made her look orange for a while and these clothes are not styled well for her body. It’s a pity because I see women of all sizes at the office every day who look well put together. Thanks 

• Love 5

I do think that the constant publishing company switcheroo is reminiscent of the Good Wife and that show really started tanking when they did that. And given that it’s been only 2 years in show time since this all began, it’s even more absurd.

Also, it would have been better to have Charles mentor Kelsey (in his role as Chairman) before handing her the reins. I hope that he does that now that she is back home. 

Also, can we allow Zane to be competent, please?

I think it’s clear that Liza does not want to marry Charles—and I got the impression he saw it too in the way she was backing away from him. It’s been such a short time since their divorces. Also, I wonder how much of Pauline’s unhappiness Liza absorbed. She felt that their marriage became all about Charles, and I think that Liza has the same fear.  With Josh, she would never be subsumed into his personality and life, and in some ways she has the upper hand in the relationship. That being said, I thought the chemistry with Charles was very strong in previous seasons—though they have really downplayed it in season 6.

• Love 2
On 9/5/2019 at 5:09 PM, tennisgurl said:

I am already dreading spending all of next season watching Liza get ready to marry Charles, only for her to go all runaway bride to run off with Josh. 

Me too! I just cannot watch a season of wedding prep for Liza to run off with Josh. Why is he supposed to be the better choice for her anyway? 

Edited by Jeopardy15
  • Love 5

To post some content, I love Josh. I am not necessarily team anyone at this point, but I still love the character. Except when he told Liza to tell him she loved Charles more, she did, and he accused her of lying. Whether she was or not, I don’t like it when ppl demand you say something, you do, and then they don’t believe you. Why force the issue then?

Edited by DanaMB
Nevermind. missing scenes already addressed in earlier posts.
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I don’t like it when ppl demand you say something, you do, and then they don’t believe you.

Same here. On top of that, no one actually knows how you feel except you, so it's ridiculously presumptuous for anyone to try to tell you how you feel.

• Love 5
(edited)

So, due to being home for 2 months so far, I binged this whole series. My thoughts:

If I have to choose - team Josh all the way. He and Liza have way more chemistry together. But I'm not a huge fan of Liza herself so really, I want them together only because they're still writing Josh as being in love with her and what Josh wants, I want. If they had gone the friends route and Josh actually moved on with someone else I'd probably have prefered that. 

I see ZERO chemistry between Liza and Charles. 

Liza broke up with Josh because she didn't want any more kids. Did she mean she doesn't want to have kids (give birth) or raise kids? Because she's basically raising Charles's kids so I don't see how it's a factor now that Josh has a kid.

For all 6 seasons I thought they were working up to a Kelsey is an alcoholic storyline. But I guess they think this behaviour is normal?

Fan of The Originals so I was happy to see the actor who plays Zane but his character is just plain awful. 

I think the reason Diane forgave Liza so quickly is because when Liza said something about how she was 40, divorced, with no job experience, Diana said something like, well if I knew that I wouldn't have hired you. And Liza said, exactly. 

I actually really like Josh and Lauren together. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

Liza broke up with Josh because she didn't want any more kids. Did she mean she doesn't want to have kids (give birth) or raise kids? Because she's basically raising Charles's kids so I don't see how it's a factor now that Josh has a kid.

I think both, but mostly she didn't want to have to deal with an infant. Charles's kids are school age, which makes a difference. She doesn't have to wake up every three hours to feed them.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think both, but mostly she didn't want to have to deal with an infant. Charles's kids are school age, which makes a difference. She doesn't have to wake up every three hours to feed them.

And didn't the kids have a nanny at some point? Liza being around his older kids after work and on the weekends as daddy's girlfriend is much less of a time commitment than nine months of pregnancy, maternity leave, and the sheer amount of time and effort that goes into taking care of a baby/young child for the first two years. She already put her career on hold once and she's finally having some success and no longer an entry level employee. To have to shelve that for another 1-5 years and then try to make another career comeback in her mid-40s is a huge sacrifice. In contrast, Charles' daughters are already in school so they don't require round the clock attention. Helping with homework after dinner is not nearly as much of a time commitment as caring for a newborn.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She already put her career on hold once and she's finally having some success and no longer an entry level employee. To have to shelve that for another 1-5 years and then try to make another career comeback in her mid-40s is a huge sacrifice.

Excellent point. This was definitely a reason why Liza didn't want to get pregnant again.

• Love 2

I hate siding with Zane. But Kelsey was childish to leave Millennial/Empirical/whatever it's called now. Her professional opportunities hadn't really dried up. The way it was presented in the show, it was more about pride and not wanting to have to bow to someone else's dictates again. Newsflash, that would still happen. It happened with Quinn. You have to be at a very high level to truly be top dog and not have to answer to anyone.

Also, it feels ridiculous that all these people are striking out in the world of... publishing. Why not, right? Everyone is always saying how print media is a booming business. Books are in high demand and highly valued by consumers. Everyone is highly paid and they don't need to rely on exploiting interns and entry-level position workers. OH, WAIT, NOT THAT AT ALL.

Kelsey rattling off nonsense about audiobooks and podcasts is meaningless. Kelsey herself is not a brand. If you don't have a fanbase, you're not suddenly going to launch a small empire. You're going to be hugely overshadowed by Audible and those other huge companies. It would make more sense for her to try to apply to work at one of those big companies and work her way up.

This JOMO idiot makes me miss Being Erica. Anyone remember the self-help guru "The Secret" guy on that show?

The best part of the episode was Diana's wedding. I wish we had seen more of it.

I don't know if it's worth resubscribing to hulu to watch the final season. This was a really rough season. And that's in terms of Younger.

• Love 1

The Love triangle? Exhausting. The writing for Liza, Charles and Josh has been sooo poor this season. Squeezing Josh into so many storylines that he didn't belong in this season, has made him even more annoying to me. If they had given him a proper story that had shifted towards Liza in the last few episodes, but no. Its like picking a scabbed wound over and over again, it will never heal and leave a scar.

It makes Charles come across worse. It validates the need for a clean break when he's clearly pining after Liza and always challenging her feelings. Maybe she is lying to herself about what she really wants. But that's a decision she needs to make for herself. Otherwise, it feels like you're manipulating her. Co-sign to everything @Sulk said. Also, even though they keep mentioning Gemma, I'm side-eyeing his apparent great dad status. Forcing Caitlyn to give up a career opportunity to stay in New York but then being so reluctant to compromise his artistry with the Forever21 knockoff... I don't know. At least for me, I don't think he's coming across as well as the writers think he is. 

Of course Kelsey cant actually leave Millennial, nobody can! I have no idea how this show thinks publishing works, or why Kelsey is apparently so amazing that they cant possibly exist without her. She has good instincts, and is an actual Millennial, but, as was pointed out in the episode, she has very little experience actually running a company, and when she did get the opportunity, she made a big gaffe, and had to step down.

Do you know how many 30-somethings would love a decently paid job in publishing? If the whole point is getting a millennial POV to back up Liza and Diana, it would not be that difficult.

I guess Zane and Kelsey are back on...snore.

I guess it's good that they're working to hang on to their one non-white cast member. But Zane is terribly written. They went in too hard on making him an antagonist and now he's only a marginally better love interest than Thad or Chad or whatever his name was.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, Lsk02 said:

Does anyone else watch this on Prime? I saw no scenes with Redmond, an uncle, or an ice toilet (now that’s a weird sentence). I only know about them from reading here. I even went back wondering if I got bored and distracted by my phone or something, but nope. Anyone else? 

On 9/7/2019 at 11:52 PM, drs18 said:

Eri and Mobee, I watched the show on AmazonPrime. The scene was missing. I was  just online with their tech staff for over an hour. As a comparison, I bought the show on iTunes and watched. The show was the same length and was missing the scene. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing. This was discovered by chance in a chat with a friend. Amazon said they'd get back to me. I'll post here if I hear anything.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, drs18 said:

Lsk02 and Mobee- I'm talking to Amazon and iTunes. Their versions of Episode 12 are identical and both were edited. It's TVLand that is putting heavily edited scenes on those platforms.

At 6:56 after Zane and Kelsey talk on a park bench the video should show Liza, Diane and Enzo go to the ice sculptor's studio. Its missing from the iTunes and Amazon video.

At 8:57 the synopsis shows a small book meeting. It's missing from the iTunes  and Amazon videos.

At 11:00 after Liza and Charles run into Quinn in a restaurant, the synopsis has Maggie and Lauren going to the ice sculptor's where Lauren sits on the sculpted ice toilet. That's not in the iTunes nor Amazon version.

Maybe everyone should hit @tvland on twitter or facebook and ask why? I'm livid.

So I've loved this show and binge watched until I caught up, on Amazon Prime. All of those scenes were present and accounted for...but it's April 2021. Maybe they had to get it worked out legally.

I'm happy that the new season comes out next week, I believe four episodes dropping at once. Had never heard of the show before accidentally tripping over it while searching for "You," Only started watching a few weeks ago, so good timing. I would have hated having to wait 18 months for the final season.

I agree with many of the complaints here, but I do regard it as similar to "Jane the Virgin." Not quite as fantastical, but with elements of a telenova. Even an identical twin! (Chad & Thad). I have been wondering why HD hasn't looked very good, with hideous outfits and that orange makeup. Not sure if it coincided with her pregnancy. Maybe they just had a hard time adjusting to her changing looks? I too would prefer to see her in a classic wardrobe, with a few whimsical youthful touches.

I was rooting for Charles too but he does seem a little more stodgy now that they are together. Neither man seems perfect for Liza, but I think together they make a great guy. (Just like in the microdosing episode!) The ideal for me would be a polyamorous relationship. Nothing I do in my private life but it always comes to mind when I see two love relationships with potential. Since one person can never meet all your needs....anyway, it would be interesting to see it on TV. A nice antidote to those plural marriages that only benefit the man (and leave all involved, miserable.)

• Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Diana and Enzo is the only relationship I care about on this show-  so much chemistry!

I'm very late to the Younger club, but I'm really enjoying my binge before the final episodes.  I agree--love Enzo and Diana. 

Spoiler

Apparently she couldn't appear in season 7!  :(