Type keyword(s) to search

Watching Out For The Watch

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

‘The Netflix Afterparty’ Sets December Special (TV News Roundup)

BBC America unveiled a new trailer for its original series, “The Watch,” set for a two-episode premiere on Jan. 3. The premiere episode will also exclusively debut on AMC Plus on Dec. 31. The show will follow a group of misfits — trolls, werewolves and wizards — who are forced into a mission to save the world. Simon Allen wrote and executive produced the series inspired by Terry Pratchett’s “Discworld” novels. Hilary Salmon, Ben Donald and Richard Stokes also executive produce for BBC Studios with Craig Viveiros and Rob Wilkins for Narrativia. Johann Knobel is series producer. Watch the trailer below.

Debating whether I will watch. They really seem to be leaning in to the 'misfits banding together' trope. Which is not exactly wrong, but is certainly not what these books were primarily concerned with. And I hadn't realized which actress was playing Sybil. I don't care she's black, but young, attractive, and knows martial arts is not that character. Also wondering if they will touch on the running joke that Carrot was most likely the last heir to the Throne of Ankh-Morpork.