Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08A2: Part 2 Reunion

druzy
  • Start Topic

In Part 2 of the reunion, Amber reveals never before heard information about her recent arrest, Butch defends his actions to Cate and Ty, Maci speaks candidly with Jen and Larry, and the entire cast reflects on 10 years of OG.

Airs September 3, 2019 at 8PM 

• Love 1

Yet again annoyed with Dr. Drew. He coddles the terrible people and goes in on the semi-decent people. Making excuses for the addicts, and implying that they're great people when they're sober, so go easy on them guys. Ugh

It's not hard to believe that you would do that to Andrew, Amber. The show has been on for years since you got out of jail, and you've still had anger issues. We've almost seen you hit Matt. So give me a break. You haven't gotten much better since then, except maybe being off drugs.

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Typo
  • Love 10

Sooo...what exactly is Tyler high on? Just life? Is he so far into his own ego trip that he really believes it "takes a special kind of bravery" to be paid hundreds of thousands of bucks and be coddled by MTV for his whole adult life? And what's with his ridiculous facial expressions and juvenile behaviour on the reunion stage? Is he just toked up? So many questions. For the record I like Tyler just fine, always felt sorry for him having to shoulder so much of the responsibility for everyone else, but what the hell.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

That sit down with Amber made me physically ill. 

The only segment from tonight that was interesting and not fake as fuck was the one with Tyler, his sister, and his father. 

The rest of it was a joke and Drew can get bent. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Mine did not either, what's up with that?  Just like Part 1, I can get it On Demand, but I won't be able to FF through the BS. 

I am pretty sure you can FF on MTV; I've done it. My DVR did record and I FF'd through the Cheyenne and What's-his-name's scenes with their "significant others." Why would they spend time on that? And who bloody cares?

Butch is a lost cause who is doomed to spend his golden years in the joint.

Gary and Kristina seemed miserable and I would really appreciate it if he could dress like an adult now and again when he goes on TV.

NOW Amber questions the wisdom of a man who wanted to move to Indiana after knowing her for just two weeks? She's such a bitch. And did she even once say she desperately misses James and can't wait to be reunited and will fight like hell for custody? Luckily for Andrew  he has all of that show footage of her barely holding the child.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, politichick said:

I am pretty sure you can FF on MTV; I've done it. My DVR did record and I FF'd through the Cheyenne and What's-his-name's scenes with their "significant others." Why would they spend time on that? And who bloody cares?

I can't FF during commercials OnDemand, but I can FF during the show.  I always FF Cheyenne!

ETA - unless I watch it on the Directv app (which SUCKS), I cannot FF anything. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3

If you didn't get to see it, trust me, you didn't miss much. I did like listening to Tyler's sister Amber, and it's remarkable how far she has come from when we saw her skulking about that trashed house in the dark with Butch. On God knows what drugs (meth), with her tethered boyfriend. I liked her, and liked her standing up to Butch and taking none of his shit. The rest of the show was terrible. Yes, Tyler's expressions and antics on stage were that of a hyperactive toddler. Why was Dr. Drew trying to get Maci to drop the restraining order against Ryan? She and Taylor had, together, decided to keep it, for valid reasons. Seems like a good idea to me, what with the death threats and all. Finally, someone holding Ryan accountable, so of course Dr. Drew was against that. Because of course. Suddenly Ryan is so concerned about spending time with Bentley? Since when? The only person he's fooling with that mess is Dr. Drew, who's lapping it all up. And, to end this "10 years in the making" reunion, we get to watch Dr. Drew lick Amber's ass? Disgusting. How can even he take himself seriously? 

• Love 19
15 hours ago, jennyplayswithfire said:

Sooo...what exactly is Tyler high on? Just life? Is he so far into his own ego trip that he really believes it "takes a special kind of bravery" to be paid hundreds of thousands of bucks and be coddled by MTV for his whole adult life? And what's with his ridiculous facial expressions and juvenile behaviour on the reunion stage? Is he just toked up? So many questions. For the record I like Tyler just fine, always felt sorry for him having to shoulder so much of the responsibility for everyone else, but what the hell.

No kidding!  Special kind of bravery my ass.  The little egomaniac loves every second of the attention he gets.  And he actually mocked Dr. Drew when he asked him about Butch, as if he didn't know what questions were on the cue cards.  What a grandstanding little prick.

• Love 11

My two cents:

Dr. Drew: He needs to go. He's basically a joke. Get someone else to run these reunions who can be balanced in his analysis and critical of the behaviors when needed instead of coddling them. And his sidekick, Nessa, is absolutely awful. She's unwatchable.

Tyler's declaration that it takes bravery to do this show was pathetic. Really Tyler? Bravery is someone who is fighting in Afghanistan, bravery is a firefighter or policeman who is facing danger everyday, bravery is your next door neighbor or a stranger who saves your life and risks his/her life while doing so. You think it's brave to have some cameras follow you around and film you? Really? And get overpaid for it? This just illustrates how out of touch these kids are...they don't have jobs, never have and get treated like celebrities by people like the morons in the audience that clapped and laughed at every stupid thing that was said. 

Butch: Die hard drug addict...he'll never change, it's ingrained in him this point. Don't waste your time and money trying to save him and pray that rehab will work the next time around...it won't. He's defiant and ungrateful for all the chances he's had. Tyler needs to unplug from him and stop trying to save him. 

Amber: Her arrogance and denials were disgusting. So now she's trying to convince everyone that she doesn't have an anger problem and would never hit a partner? Right...she used this interview with Dr. Drew to bash Andrew and deny any kind of violent outburst. This is going to be a messy child custody fight.

Ryan's parents:  Oh dear god...his mother is such an enabling cry baby...please stop crying and get mad at Ryan! Her need for more grand babies from a drug addled spoiled enabled entitled brat makes me crazy...how does she think this going to end? Ryan will miraculously change overnight and be an involved plugged in mature parent/adult? Her and Larry's weak parenting of him has created this mess...pandering to him and not setting boundaries and expectations are the main culprits.

Cheyenne/Corey: He is the most obnoxious person on this show. The way he mocked Taylor and her saying she loved him was really mean spirited. I actually felt sorry for her when he did that. He really thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...his hair style says it all. What working person has that much time and money to spend on getting his hair done like that. He's vain and self centered. Can't even leave a vacation  to get home to his sick daughter and then blames his lack of urgency in getting home on Cheyenne for not stressing to him to come back ASAP. What an asshole. Run Taylor run...this guy is self absorbed jerk.

Cheyenne...why is she so focused on getting married and having more children?She's very young and has her hands full right now with a toddler who has a life threatening disease. Why not focus on improving on yourself by going back to school and getting some kind of training in something so you can support the kid you have now? All these medical bills that will be incurred by future hospitalizations won't be paid MTV when the show ends. Why aren't her parents trying to encourage her to do something constructive that will have positive rewards for her and Ryder? Seems irresponsible to me to have a child that is health compromised and not do anything to help her and yourself have a life that will help with health expenses and also better their lives and Ryder's future. Matt is wise to postpone his move and use caution in proceeding in this relationship...yikes!

• Love 13

Dr. Drew loves all the addicts.  He wants his own Addiction show, again.

I don’t even know why all these people are on stage. Tyler’s dad makes my skin crawl!  He is always going to be an addict. Not even hiding it anymore.

If he has not met Vaeda.....then I would not allow him on stage.

Just there to get money to buy more cocaine.

Amber.....gave absolutely nothing.  Deny, deny, deny!!!!!

Another woman will now raise her son. Just like Christina raising Leah.

I noticed she didn’t say.......we do not even own a machete!!!  

(But, she didnt) 🤣

Wow! Taylor  is truly beautiful.  

• Love 5

I see Amber still has her entitled attitude. And MTV is still enabling. The way she spoke to production during that laughable sit down was ridiculous. Fire her!!

I hate Butch but I did laugh when he walked across the stage, in front of Drew with his cake. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

That means you missed Dr. Drew holding Amber's hand (literally) as she ripped in to Andrew for texting their private security patrol instead of calling 911, implying it must not have been that much of an emergency.  If she had heard Andrew talking to 911, she probably would have chewed her way through the locked door and punched him several more times, James or no James. 

I found this on Reddit:

"As a 911/police dispatcher, the ONLY thing I care about is that I have accurate address and a brief description of what's going on. I could care less if that's via a text or a phone call. They're even talking about eventually adding an option to facetime. People shouldn't discredit any new technology that comes around. There are MANY instances where texting is quicker, safer, and an all around better choice. Amber and Dr. Drew are scum."

I agree 100%.  the only thing that Dr. SadPandaFace did was tell Tyler that he needed Al Anon and that Tyler's vow to "never give up on" Butch was enabling him.   I was kind of taken aback that Drew was even that forthright.  Tyler was flummoxed.  

• Love 6
On 9/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, jennyplayswithfire said:

23 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

No kidding!  Special kind of bravery my ass.  The little egomaniac loves every second of the attention he gets.  And he actually mocked Dr. Drew when he asked him about Butch, as if he didn't know what questions were on the cue cards.  What a grandstanding little prick.

Sooo...what exactly is Tyler high on?

My guess is = Narcissism + Martyr/White Knight/Savior Complex + a studio full of a captive audience looking at HIM on stage.

And it gave him rush like Butch feels when he's hitting the pipe. 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, Psycho Suzy said:

The only person he's fooling with that mess is Dr. Drew, who's lapping it all up. And, to end this "10 years in the making" reunion, we get to watch Dr. Drew lick Amber's ass? Disgusting. How can even he take himself seriously? 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't and he's just there to collect a check. 

Have ya'll ever heard Katt Williams do his bit about being a part of the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav years ago? He says he was disgusted by the insulting jokes that Flavor Flav had to take (much of them racial and/or classist in nature) & is all upset by the end of roast that Flav would agree to subject himself to being insulted like this, yet he finds Flavor Flav after the show high-fiving everyone & acting happy at how the roast went.  He questions Flavor Flav about why he'd make himself a laughing stock like that on national television. Katt Williams basically asked Flavor Flav "You don't care what these people think of you?" Flavor Flav looked at Katt and said "I don't give a **** what they think, they have to pay me, boyyyyy!!!!" and went on his merry, well-paid way. (Katt Williams said Flavor Flav isn't the kind of person you'd expect to learn things from in life, but that he definitely learned from Flavor Flav that day. The bit is hilarious and can be found by googling Katt Williams Flavor Flav - warning, it's NSFW and the language is definitely NSFW).

I'm pretty sure that's what Dr. Drew is at this point. He doesn't care if viewers or the medical community think he is or isn't a good doctor.  He doesn't care if no one takes him seriously any more cause he's still getting paid.  (And I don't think he gives two flying Fs about anyone on Teen Mom, follows their storylines/watches the show aside from what MTV tells him about the morning they film the reunions.  I even bet he exasperatedly sighs and even laughs at how trashy and stupid the Teen Mom cast members are when he's not on stage kissing their butts for that sweet MTV money).  Dr. Drew is a hack, but I think at this point he even knows it and just embraces it for that easy TM reunion money.  I don't even blame him for collecting that easy check (even though I'm hardly a Dr. Drew fan at this point).  It's easy money.  MTV needs to grow a pair and get someone who will speak truth to these TM people, and until then, I'm sure Dr. Drew will gladly issue half-ass, uninformed, or completely wrong advice because he doesn't care as long as "they have to pay me, boy!!!"

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Those of you in NYC can go to Caroline's and watch a Dr Drew After Dark Live show Aug 29th. 

Dang. I will miss it.  

From Carolines.com: Dr. Drew Pinsky is a board certified internist and one of America’s most trusted physicians. On Dr. Drew After Dark, he’ll share his professional opinion about all of the weirdest stuff on the Internet. He’ll also analyze video clips, answer questions from viewers and welcome a variety of comedians, who will also be dissected on the spot! This live podcast will allow Dr. Drew to shed some light on the dark side. Intended for mature audiences due to sexually oriented information.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm pretty sure that's what Dr. Drew is at this point. He doesn't care if viewers or the medical community think he is or isn't a good doctor. 

According to his Wikipedia page, Dr. Drew really struggled in his youth whether to pursue medicine or try to become an opera singer, like his mother.

I think Dr. Drew may have always had his eye on something in the entertainment world, but felt like pursuing it was much riskier than becoming a doctor. This may be his happy medium, and his professional reputation in the medical world probably doesn't trouble him much.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, kicksave said:

Dr. Drew: He needs to go. He's basically a joke. Get someone else to run these reunions who can be balanced in his analysis and critical of the behaviors when needed instead of coddling them. 

They should replace Dr. Drew with Adam Carolla.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Drew was actually really good on Loveline. He was pretty no-nonsense in his answers, but he didn't come across as overly judgmental or mean spirited either.

That was awhile ago...now he's been reduced to doing infomercials at the wee hours of the morning and Teen Mom Reunions. 

1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

Those of you in NYC can go to Caroline's and watch a Dr Drew After Dark Live show Aug 29th. 

Dang. I will miss it.  

From Carolines.com: Dr. Drew Pinsky is a board certified internist and one of America’s most trusted physicians. On Dr. Drew After Dark, he’ll share his professional opinion about all of the weirdest stuff on the Internet. He’ll also analyze video clips, answer questions from viewers and welcome a variety of comedians, who will also be dissected on the spot! This live podcast will allow Dr. Drew to shed some light on the dark side. Intended for mature audiences due to sexually oriented information.

OMG! He's doing stand up now??? And he is NOT one of America's most trusted physicians. Good grief.

• Love 2

Guys, I could swear that Dr Drew said “tune in for the next 10 years of Teen Mom!”

Which means these girls will be...37.

And I’m picturing a dystopian outcome. “Is Bentley serious with the prom queen?  Chances that we can get footage on a broken condom on grad night?  There’s a hefty bonus and Sophia’s mom is still auctioning that v-card...”

(mind you there’s no way I’m not watching, I’m just judging!!!) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2019 at 6:57 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It's not hard to believe that you would do that to Andrew, Amber. The show has been on for years since you got out of jail, and you've still had anger issues. We've almost seen you hit Matt. So give me a break. You haven't gotten much better since then, except maybe being off drugs.

Is she off drugs though? I have a lot of doubts.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dance4Life said:

Wow! Taylor  is truly beautiful.  

Only on the outside. Tweeting racist stuff is bad enough but not being the first to address it with Cheyenne made her look like she hasn't learned from it.  Cheyenne had to figure out a good way to bring it up.  Taylor should have addressed it first and made things easier for Cheyenne since she was in the wrong. Also, her explanation "I'm not racist. It was a long time ago" sucked. How long ago could it have been? Cheyenne was almost too kind about it because I think she generally hates conflict.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Soobs said:

Only on the outside. Tweeting racist stuff is bad enough but not being the first to address it with Cheyenne made her look like she hasn't learned from it.  Cheyenne had to figure out a good way to bring it up.  Taylor should have addressed it first and made things easier for Cheyenne since she was in the wrong. Also, her explanation "I'm not racist. It was a long time ago" sucked. How long ago could it have been? Cheyenne was almost too kind about it because I think she generally hates conflict.

Taylor's tweets were disgusting but Cheyenne's tweets were gross too:

image.thumb.png.9123db19e4d537d73d306ef53ad1a1cf.png

• Love 8

According to Andrew, every night around midnight, Amber locks herself in a closet and pops hydrocodone and smokes weed. His statements on Instagram are very, very interesting. He also released all the texts between himself and his new "woman." Amber does nothing but lie. She disgusta me so so much. The way she swooped in that interview like some A list starlet. Saying she needs reassurance from her attorneys, talking about how happy she is (while having NO contact with Leah and her frickin BABY)! And she was so damn high. I hope she gets locked up for a long, long time.  

Oh, forgot, there is no new woman. Just someone from another state who texted him, asking if he needs someone to talk to, then went to the tabloids with lies. Amber probably invented her.

• Love 11

Yeah this person who was texting him could have been catfishing him for a story or Amber herself as someone else. 

I think the dude just wants someone to vent to since Amber is out there trying to make everyone believe her and MTV is just licking her boots for anything when they need to fucking drop her ass. She fucking hit her man while the kid was in his arms. If this had been a man, they wouldn't have anything to do with him.

• Love 14

I finally watched all of part 2 and the unseen moments special.  Some thoughts:

1. Amber is ridiculous!  We learned nothing in her segment except that she is an ass.

2. Speaking of asses, what wrong with Tyler?  Does he think he is the second coming of Jim Carrey with all those facial expressions?

3. Catelynn looked extremely uncomfortable in her outfit.  Who chose that for her?  And, Cate, STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR HAIR!  Learn how to deal with your stupid extensions or take them out!

4. Kristina calling Maci about PCOS was so staged and, if taken as it was edited, barely informative.

5. That scene with Maci's kids horseback riding was pretty funny because of the instructor!  But did everyone gave to wear the dumb TTM t-shirt?  Ridonk!

6. Ryder is the cutest.  But I didn't need to see her get ears ear pierced.  It makes me nervous for when I have to take my daughter and she's 7 years old!

7. Andrew spilling tea is the next special I need to see!  Those snippets everyone else posted were tasty, I'd love to see him tell it.  Spill, baby, spill!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 5

FYI, my DVR did not pick up either of the reunion episodes as well. I could not view them On Demand either. I had to go to the MTV website to watch on my computer. Delighted I could fast forward cuz it was a lot of boloney.

1. Ryan was high. Ryan has the emotional maturity of a 7 year old kid. Ryan is going to overdose and die.

2. Butch is going to go back to prison or overdose and die. He was so different from when he was sober. I am appalled that this entire family has not embraced Al-Anon with both arms. 

3. I felt like there were two extra people squeezed onto that couch: Cate's boobs. Sparkly watermelons. With all their money, free time, and doctors eager for free publicity, I'm surprised she hasn't had a breast reduction.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lidarose9 said:

FYI, my DVR did not pick up either of the reunion episodes as well. I could not view them On Demand either. I had to go to the MTV website to watch on my computer. Delighted I could fast forward cuz it was a lot of boloney.

1. Ryan was high. Ryan has the emotional maturity of a 7 year old kid. Ryan is going to overdose and die.

2. Butch is going to go back to prison or overdose and die. He was so different from when he was sober. I am appalled that this entire family has not embraced Al-Anon with both arms. 

3. I felt like there were two extra people squeezed onto that couch: Cate's boobs. Sparkly watermelons. With all their money, free time, and doctors eager for free publicity, I'm surprised she hasn't had a breast reduction.

Maybe Catelynn likes them that big. Lol. A reduction would do her good though. 

• Love 3