Type keyword(s) to search

Not Just Marvel's Batman: Moon Knight in the Media

• Start Topic

Moon Knight director can see Oscar Isaac being part of the MCU for "10 years"
By Tara Bennett Contributions from Lauren Milici     March 21, 2022
https://www.gamesradar.com/moon-knight-director-oscar-isaac-MCU/ 

Director Mohamed Diab revealed his hopes for Moon Knight's future in the MCU in an interview with SFX Magazine.
“I dream and wish for a film," Diab says. "But with Marvel, the way they play it, it’s not like you graduate into a film. You can go into a film and come to a TV show and go back."
Diab is confident in Moon Knight's staying power, citing the massive amount of hype the show has received already as proof. 

"But I can tell you for a fact, I can see him in the next 10 years, not just the next film," he says. "He’s a very interesting character. He’s probably the most interesting character for any actor to play. Oscar is doing a great job. People already like him even from the trailer. I think the show’s going to resonate with people, so I see him staying for a long time."

Oscar Isaac admits he had serious "reservations" about joining Marvel universe
By Huw Fullerton    March 21, 2022
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/oscar-isaac-moon-knight-doubts-exclusive-newsupdate/ 

It’s hard to imagine anyone other than Isaac in the challenging central role – but the actor has now revealed that he had serious doubts about signing on to another massive franchise so soon after exiting Star Wars.

"For me, it was all reservations," Isaac told RadioTimes.com. "It was months of smashing my head against a stone wall like, ‘Is this the right thing to do?’ I thought, ‘I shouldn't do it. Maybe maybe...’

“I had just kinda got out of the whole, you know, big machinery of Star Wars. And I was like, ‘I just really want to do character studies. And I don't know.’”
“I couldn't help but feel that there was this opportunity there,” he told us.

“That's the risk, sometimes you have an idea of what you want to do. And then something comes to you. And I just kept thinking about it.

"And then suddenly Steven Grant started appearing for me, and I started doing it around the house for my kids and my wife, and they kept asking me to do it. And I was like, ‘Alright, well, maybe there's something here.’”
Apparently, Isaac’s fumbling, British take on the character was radically different from the version Marvel had pitched him, but when he suggested the changes Marvel supremo Kevin Feige was enthusiastic.

“It wasn't necessarily written that way at all,” he explained. “And so I thought, ‘OK, well, let me see what Kevin says about this.’ And so I had a meeting with Kevin, I said, ‘This is how I'd want to do it.’ And he said, ‘Yeah, OK, go for it.’

“And it's funny, because afterwards he told me they didn't know what the hell I was doing. And they weren't sure it was going to work at all. But you know, in the end I’m glad we did that, because everyone says it kind of makes the show.”
“It took a lot of figuring out if this was the right thing, and to take that risk,” he said.

“But part of that was also getting the people that I was going to trust. And what was amazing about Kevin and everyone at Marvel is that there was a lot of faith and a lot of trust in my opinions about it, and my feelings about it.

“So like talking to [director] Mohamed [Diab] about where we wanted the story to go, getting Ethan [Hawke] to be part of it. And already, it started to become a very personal story.

“Because all of those things, push it into the hope of what it could be... if that makes sense.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Moon Knight Writer Reveals Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones Were Big Influences on Disney+ Show
By ADAM BARNHARDT - March 23, 2022
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/moon-knight-inspired-by-ghostbusters-indiana-jones-revealed/ 

During the red carpet premiere of the series Tuesday night, [Moon Knight head writer Jeremy] Slater said Marvel expected someone to pitch the character as a Batman-type character. Instead, he wanted to go I different direction.

"I came and wanted to go with Raiders of the Lost Ark. I want to see some Ghostbusters. I want to bring some horror into the MCU and some scary monsters, and really push that envelope as far we can," Slater told Variety on the red carpet. "Kevin [Feige] and Marvel were so supportive of that, so we really just sort of used Kevin as our litmus test in terms of finding out if this is something we should pull back on."

Slater went on to add that was never the case, and studio executives always wanted to go forward with whatever the room decided was best.

"At every turn he really pushed us to tell the best story and not worry about pulling back or pulling our punches," the writer added. "It's definitely still appropriate for all ages, that was important to us. We didn't want to make something that was inaccessible to a big chunk of the MCU fanbase and we know people watch these shows with their kids and their families, but I was like 'Let's get as PG-13 as we possible can!'"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

What Makes Moon Knight Featurette | Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment    Mar 23, 2022

Protect | Marvel Studios' Moon Knight | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment    Mar 23, 2022

• Useful 1

Skills | Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment   Mar 24, 2022

Here We Go | Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment   Mar 25, 2022

Disney+ Academy Award Nominations, Marvel Studios' Moon Knight | What's Up, Disney+
Marvel Entertainment   Mar 25, 2022

• Love 1

Oscar Isaac on Moon Knight, his future in the MCU, and the inspiration behind that accent
By Emily Garbutt    published 2 days ago
https://www.gamesradar.com/oscar-isaac-moon-knight-interview/ 

This must have been a really interesting role for you to sink your teeth into as you've got Marc and Steven, who are quite literally two sides of a coin. What can you tell me about their different relationships with Layla and how you approached those nuances in the performance?
Oscar Isaac: It was interesting because Mohamed [Diab] and Sarah [Goher], his wife and creative partner, took the role of Layla and found a way to deepen it by making much stronger connections. So, for instance, the fact that you find out that Marc and her were married, or are married. The important thing that came out of all our conversations with Mohamed is creating a character with Steven that is desperate for connection and love, but just doesn't have the social skills for it. Because of the blackouts and because of his lack of history, that creates an introverted personality, and yet all he wants is to connect. 

When Layla comes into his life and seems like the only person that can help him, his life suddenly starts to both fall apart and light up, because he has someone and she's saying that they're supposed to be married, but she's mistaken him for someone else. Then on the other side is Marc, who is pushing everyone away, particularly Layla. And we come to find out that that's because, in his mind, he's trying to protect her. There was that push and pull and this budding romance that Steven has with her, and Marc, who is filled with regret and shame and just wants to push her away for her own safety.
What can you say – probably not a lot – about the way that the series ends? And what can we expect as the show wraps up?
OI: I wouldn't want to spoil anything, but what I can say is that what we really tried to do is map out the journey of integration and then how that is a step in healing from trauma, and that the real superpower that this character, or these characters, have is their experiences. And when those things can be integrated, as opposed to pushed away, that's where real strength comes from.

Director Mohamed Diab said that he could see Moon Knight being part of the MCU for 10 years. How do you feel about that?
OI: I didn't look at my contract [laughs]. I mean, I don't know. For me, it's such a point of view character that seeing him in something that was a bigger point of view, I don't know how that character operates in that world.

So you can't see any sort of crossover?
OI: I mean, maybe. Obviously, there's the Midnight Sons comic book, which is the kind of supernatural Avengers with Blade and Ghost Rider and Punisher. The idea is really interesting, but it would have to be like, is there something interesting to tell about this character in that world?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I guess the embargo has been lifted on reviews - the first four episodes (out of six) were made available to critics to screen last week (WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS)...

‘Moon Knight’ Is Oscar Isaac’s MCU Debut — and Kind of a Mess
Alan Sepinwall    March 29, 2022
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/moon-knight-review-oscar-isaac-marvel-cinematic-universe-1326530/

Moon Knight Charmingly Beckons Slasher-Fun & Mayhem Into the MCU
BY CASS CLARKE    MARCH 29, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/mcu-moon-knight-tv-series-review/

‘Moon Knight’ Is the MCU’s Most Violent Superhero Epic Yet
Nick Schager    March 29, 2022
https://www.thedailybeast.com/moon-knight-is-the-mcus-most-violent-superhero-epic-yet

Moon Knight Review: Oscar Isaac Singlehandedly Saves This MCU Show
BY JOSH SPIEGEL   MARCH 29, 2022
https://www.slashfilm.com/813096/moon-knight-review-oscar-isaac-singlehandedly-saves-this-mcu-show/

Marvel’s ‘Moon Knight’ Review: An Exceptional Entry into the MCU
Brian Kitson  March 29, 2022 
https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/marvels-moon-knight-review-an-exceptional-entry-into-the-mcu/

Moon Knight review
Tom Power    March 29, 2022
https://www.techradar.com/reviews/moon-knight-review-a-god-tier-show-that-sets-a-stunning-new-bar-for-the-mcu

Also, fyi, we learn in the following interview that each episode of Moon Knight is around 50 minutes long...

Moon Knight Producer Reveals How Kevin Feige’s Childhood Trip to Egyptian Exhibit Influenced Series
Collider Interviews    Mar 28, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Moon Knight: Oscar Isaac Reveals Robert Downey Jr. MCU Advice and Reacts to CAMEO Rumors
extratv    Mar 30, 2022

Extra TV: "I hope the answer to this one is 'yes,' but did you reach out to any current Marvel stars for advice on joining the MCU?"
Oscar Isaac
: "I did talk to Robert Downey Jr. quite a bit... Yeah, I talked to him a lot. I mean, he’s a friend already. And so, just talking to him about it and just what his sense of it is and how his process has been, and he was such a great great person to talk to, obviously about the whole thing. And also for me, the biggest inspiration, because to this day, still, that first Iron Man movie is just so good."

Extra TV: "What was his number one tip for you?"
Oscar Isaac:
"I think the thing is, he really said that, you know, Kevin Feige is a genius and he’s a collaborator. And so, don’t be afraid to come in and give your ideas and give your thoughts and to be bold with your choices."

• Love 3
(edited)

Inside Line: Scoop on 9-1-1: Lone Star, Moon Knight, New Amsterdam, Halo, Legends, NCIS, Walking Dead and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/04/01/moon-knight-end-credits-bonus-scenes-midnight-man/ 

Spoiler

Is there anything you know about how Midnight Man (R.I.P., Gaspard Ulliel) plays into Moon Knight and that story? –Rebecca
The late actor first shows up in Episode 3 as Anton Mogart, the enigmatic possessor of something that Marc Spector desperately needs in order to thwart Arthur Harrow. Whether Mogart is inclined to part with that special something, though….

Do you have any idea if Moon Knight will have any end-credits scenes? –Jeff
At the recent press junket, directors Mohamed Diab and Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead all pleaded the fifth when we tried to confirm any upcoming “bonus” scenes, while executive producer Grant Curtis hedged, “The Marvel story is never ending, so this story continues one way or another, whether it’s in the end credits or beyond.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Quotes of the Week: Atlanta, This Is Us, Moon Knight, Chicago Fire and More
By Team TVLine / April 10 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/moon-knight-psycho-colonel-sanders-best-tv-quotes/

MOON KNIGHT
“Steven, what the hell are we wearing?”

“I don’t know, she said I needed a suit!”

“Yeah, the ceremonial armor from Khonshu’s temple — not Psycho Colonel Sanders.”

Marc (Oscar Isaac) isn’t wrong about Steven’s (Isaac) ‘Mr. Knight’ look, but we still dig it

MOON KNIGHT (Bonus Quote!)
“I don’t care how bloody handsome you are, tell me what it is you are!”

Hey, if Steven (Oscar Isaac) is going to keep talking to himself, at least he’s being complimentary

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Echo was the original love interest before they moved her to Hawkeye...

Moon Knight's Original Love Interest Wound Up on a Different Marvel Series
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/05/01/moon-knight-love-interest-was-almost-echo-of-hawkeye/ 

As a guest on the Ringerverse’s House of R podcast this week (starting at the 1:55:00 mark), Moon Knight head writer/executive producer Jeremy Slater shared with co-host Joanna Robinson some of the original pitch for what would wind up being Disney+’s fifth live-action MCU series.

“There were a lot of specifics in the pitch that didn’t wind up working in the show,” Slater said. For example, “Bushman was initially going to be the main villain,” as the mercenary memorably was in some of the Moon Knight comic book runs. “I thought he was going to be possessed by an Egyptian god by the end of it, and you’d have a big sort of avatar battle.”

(I’m not sure if Slater or anyone has ever confirmed as much, but the conventional wisdom is that Bushman was deemed too similar a character to Black Panther foe Killmonger; ergo the decision to go with Arthur Harrow, a very minor character from the comics, instead.)
Another change-up from the original pitch involved the gents’ love interest.

“At the time, Echo was go to be our love interest, solely based on the fact that they knew Marvel liked the character of Echo and was trying to find a show to put her in,” Slater shared. And though Echo aka Maya Lopez was among Marc’s love interests in the comic books, “she didnt work at all for the story we were telling,” Slater explained.

Luckily, Marvel felt the same. “They were like, ‘You know what, we’ve got this Hawkeye show and we feel like she would fit in a lot better there…,'” the EP related, “and we were like, ‘Oh, thank God.'”

Maya/Echo was eventually played on Hawkeye by Alaqua Cox, and is now bound for her on spinoff series, while Ramy‘s May Calamawy was cast on Moon Knight in the role of Marc’s wife, archaeologist/adventuress Layla El-Faouly — a variation on the comic books’ Marlene Alraune.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Next On Disney+ | May 2022
Disney Plus    May 1, 2022

May 4 - Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight (Episode 6)
May 11 - Marvel Studios’ Assembled: Moon Knight

How a Marvel Tweet Could Complicate ‘Moon Knight’ and Oscar Isaac’s Emmys Odds

The entire promotional tour for “Moon Knight” had the two major studios referring to the show as a “limited series,” with the presumption this would be a standalone television outing for the Marvel Comics character. However, on Monday, Marvel’s official Twitter page shared the trailer for today’s final episode, referring to it as “the epic series finale,” but the tweet was taken down and 14 minutes later corrected to “season finale.” The tweet indicates a possibility for a second season for the Oscar Isaac starring vehicle, but no official plans have been shared.

The social “blip” could trigger the Television Academy to reject the submission for “Moon Knight” in the limited series categories, which would force a switch to the drama races. Once a network submits, the TV Academy can reject it and cite previous marketing materials, including social media, stories and interviews. Although fans would cheerfully welcome another outing of Isaac as Marc Spector/Steven Grant/Mr. Knight/Moon Knight, the Emmys have proactively been trying to overhaul the category and close loopholes for shows seemingly taking advantage of the rules.

(edited)

Moon Knight Producer Reveals Eternals' Scrapped Cameos (Exclusive)
By Russ Milheim    May 6, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/moon-knight-eternals-cameos-exclusive 

In an exclusive interview with The Direct's Russ Milheim, Moon Knight head writer and executive producer Jeremy Slater opened up about the Eternals' scrapped appearances from an early draft of Moon Knight's script.
“I tried very hard to get the Eternals into the show, just because I’m buddies with Kumail Nanjiani… I want[ed] some Kingo. At one point, there was a flashback on the page that sort of showed one of Khonshu’s Avatars back in ancient Egypt, sort of dealing with Ammit being locked away, and Alexander the Great, and all of that stuff. You sort of saw this Avatar team-up with the Eternals. It was a really fun scene, but again, it was so massively expensive to recreate Ancient Egypt, to sort of bring in 3 or 4 of the Eternals to have this big action sequence."
"It was one of those things where it was a very fun scene, and it would have been a great cold open to one of the episodes, but it also would have had to come out of our budget somewhere else, and probably would have hurt our finale along the way. So, that was the cameo I had to cut. It hurt, but it was also the right thing to do for the show, and I think everyone sort of collectively agreed. There’s plenty of time in the future to team this guy up with other characters in the MCU and start building these connections; let's not force something just because the other shows have all had it."

Edited by tv echo

MCU Producer Explains Why Phase 4 Has More Cliffhangers
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal May 25, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-phase-4-cliffhangers 

During Moon Knight’s Assembled episode on Disney+, Marvel Studios' Head of Streaming, Television and Animation, Brad Winderbaum, addressed how Phase 4 projects within the Marvel Cinematic Universe have had more cliffhangers thanks to Disney+ allowing for "longer-form stories" that don't have "to tie up every loose end." The studio is becoming more comfortable giving characters like Moon Knight and Scarlet Scarab unresolved endings knowing that there is now more certainty that they'll return in a future season or project:

“There are new challenges and new rewards that come with making longer-form stories. We’re keeping the endings more open now, I think. We don’t have to tie up every loose end. And when you create characters as strong as Moon Knight and Scarlet Scarab, we can confidently go into the future knowing that there’s more stories left to tell and new characters that we can bring in to tell them.”

On a separate note, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige revealed the story behind Oscar Isaac's involvement in Moon Knight

“We’d talked to Oscar a number of times. We knew he was interested in our world, we’d never found the right fit. And we weren’t sure he would be interested in Moon Knight, we weren’t sure he’d be interested in doing a show on Disney+. But he was completely into it, and he’s been such a creative collaborator and creative partner.”

Isaac chimed in, admitting that Moon Knight is one of his "most creatively fulfilling adventures:"

“I would never have guessed, and I don’t mean this derogatorily, that this would be one of my most creatively fulfilling adventures. Because it was just like, everybody was just throwing everything out on the table and taking big swings on a major stage. And that we had the faith and not only the space to do it, but the support to do it was just amazing.”  

• Useful 1
(edited)

“You Went to Therapy for That?”: Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Oscar Isaac and the THR Drama Actor Roundtable
BY LACEY ROSE    JUNE 8, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/samuel-l-jackson-oscar-isaac-drama-actor-roundtable-1235160180/  

Looking back, what felt, at the time, like the biggest risk?

ISAAC Moon Knight felt that way. Like, “Man, I’m going to go down hard with this thing.” Just the level of embarrassment that it would be, once you throw on a cape, you know what I mean? And you’re out in front of it. It’s like, “Holy shit, I’m really doing this thing.”
ISAAC And the trick with this one was, like, “Can I do both?” Can you smuggle in the thing that matters to me, the reason why I like doing it, so every morning when that alarm goes off, I could be excited to get to work and not just be like, “I’ve got to get through this to get that check or whatever.” And it seemed like this was an opportunity, maybe because of the TV landscape, where there seems to be a lot more risk-taking, to do this bizarre thing that happened to be in the case of a superhero genre film.

Typically, Marvel calls and actors say yes immediately. You were hesitant, presumably for all those reasons?

ISAAC Yeah, it was so much about, like, “Is this the stupidest thing? Is this a smart thing?” It was such mental torment just to make the decision.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Moon Knight got 8 Emmy nominations...

Emmys 2022: The Complete Nominations List
By Jordan Moreau, Michael Schneider   July 12, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/awards/emmys-nominations-list-2022-1235313788/ 

Outstanding Cinematography For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie

Dopesick • Breakthrough Pain • Hulu • 20th Television, Danny Strong Productions, John Goldwyn Productions, The Littlefield Company Checco Varese, ASC, Director of Photography 1883 •

1883 • Paramount+ • Linson Entertainment, Bosque Ranch Productions, 101 Studios, MTV Entertainment Studios 1883 •

1883 • Paramount+ • Linson Entertainment, Bosque Ranch Productions, 101 Studios, MTV Entertainment Studios Ben Richardson, ASC, Director of Photography 1883 • Lightning Yellow Hair • Paramount+ • Linson Entertainment, Bosque Ranch Productions, 101 Studios, MTV Entertainment Studios Christina Alexandra Voros, Director of Photography

Gaslit • Will • STARZ • UCP in association with Esmail Corp, Anonymous Content, Red Om Films, The Slate Group Larkin Seiple, Director of Photography

Moon Knight • Asylum • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Gregory Middleton, ASC, Director of Photography

Station Eleven • Wheel Of Fire • HBO/HBO Max • HBO Max presents a Paramount Television Studios production in association with Tractor Beam Productions, Shadowfox Productions, Stone Village Television, Inc., Pacesetter Productions, and Super Frog Christian Sprenger, Director of Photography
Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes

The Book Of Boba Fett • Chapter 1: Stranger In A Strange Land • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. Shawna Trpcic, Costume Designer Julie Robar, Costume Supervisor Areayl Cooper, Assistant Costume Designer

Loki • Glorious Purpose • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Christine Wada, Costume Designer Nora Pederson, Costume Supervisor Tamsin Costello, Assistant Costume Designer Carol Beadle, Assistant Costume Designer

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Meghan Kasperlik, Costume Designer Martin Mandeville, Costume Supervisor Richard Davies, Assistant Costume Designer Wilberth Gonzalez, Assistant Costume Designer

Star Trek: Picard • Penance • Paramount+ • CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment Christine Bieselin Clark, Costume Designer Michell Ray Kenney, Costume Supervisor Allison Agler, Assistant Costume Designer

What We Do In The Shadows • The Wellness Center • FX • FX Productions Laura Montgomery, Costume Designer Judy Laukkanen, Costume Supervisor Barbara Cardoso, Assistant Costume Designer

The Witcher • Family • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series Lucinda Wright, Costume Designer Rebecca Jempson, Assistant Costume Designer
Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Or Anthology Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)

1883 • 1883 • Paramount+ • Linson Entertainment, Bosque Ranch Productions, 101 Studios, MTV Entertainment Studios Brian Tyler, Composer Breton Vivian, Composer

Moon Knight • Asylum • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Hesham Nazih, Composer

Station Eleven • Unbroken Circle • HBO/HBO Max • HBO Max presents a Paramount Television Studios production in association with Tractor Beam Productions, Shadowfox Productions, Stone Village Television, Inc., Pacesetter Productions, and Super Frog Dan Romer, Composer

A Very British Scandal • Episode 1 • Prime Video • Blueprint Television, Ltd. and Amazon Studios Nathan Barr, Composer

The White Lotus • Mysterious Monkeys • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Rip Cord, The District and Hallogram Inc. Cristobal Tapia de Veer, Composer
Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance

Moon Knight • The Friendly Type • Disney+ • Marvel Studios F. Murray Abraham as Khonshu

Bridgerton • Capital R Rake • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series in association with shondalandmedia Julie Andrews as Lady Whistledown

What If…? • What If… T’Challa Became A Star-Lord? • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Chadwick Boseman as Star Lord T’Challa

Big Mouth • A Very Big Mouth Christmas • Netflix • Netflix Maya Rudolph as Connie The Hormone Monstress

Central Park • Central Dark • Apple TV+ • 20th Television Animation Stanley Tucci as Bitsy

Archer • London Time • FX • FX Productions Jessica Walter as Malory Archer

What If…? • What If… Ultron Won? • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Or Anthology Series, Movie Or Special

American Horror Story: Double Feature • Gaslight • FX • 20th Television Christian Buenaventura, MPSE, Supervising Sound Editor Steve Suhr, Dialogue Editor David Beadle, Dialogue Editor Tim Cleveland, Sound Effects Editor Zheng Jia, Sound Effects Editor Samuel Muñoz, Foley Editor Sean McGuire, Music Editor Noel Vought, Foley Artist

Gaslit • Year Of The Rat • STARZ • UCP in association with Esmail Corp, Anonymous Content, Red Om Films, The Slate Group Kevin Buchholz, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Stefani Feldman, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Sang Kim, Dialogue Editor Dan Kremer, Sound Effects Editor Adam Parrish-King, Sound Effects Editor Sam Munoz, Foley Editor Jordan Aldinger, Foley Editor Ben Zales, Music Editor Chris Rummel, Music Editor Jacob McNaughton, Foley Artist Noel Vought, Foley Artist

Midnight Mass • Book VII: Revelation • Netflix • Intrepid Pictures for Netflix Trevor Gates, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Jonathan Wales, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Kristen Hirlinger, Dialogue Editor Jason Dotts, Dialogue / ADR Editor Michael Baird, Dialogue / ADR Editor Paul Knox, Sound Effects Editor Russell Topal, Sound Effects Editor James Miller, Sound Effects Editor Matthew Thomas Hall, Sound Effects Editor Mark Coffey, Sound Effects Editor Amy Barber, Foley Editor Julia Huberman, Foley Editor Brett “Snacky” Pierce, Music Editor Ben Parker, Foley Artist Jonathan Bruce, Foley Artist

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Bonnie Wild, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Mac Smith, Co-Supervising Sound Editor Kimberly Patrick, Sound Editor Vanessa Lapato, Sound Editor Matt Hartman, Sound Editor Teresa Eckton, Sound Editor Tim Farrell, Sound Editor Leo Marcil, Sound Editor Joel Raabe, Sound Editor Ian Chase, Sound Editor Anele Onyekwere, Music Editor Stephanie Lowry, Music Editor Carl Sealove, Music Editor Dan O’Connell, Foley Artist John Cucci, MPSE, Foley Artist

Station Eleven • Wheel Of Fire • HBO/HBO Max • HBO Max presents a Paramount Television Studios production in association with Tractor Beam Productions, Shadowfox Productions, Stone Village Television, Inc., Pacesetter Productions, and Super Frog Bradley North, MPSE, Sound Supervisor Tiffany S. Griffith, Dialogue Editor Chuck Michael, Sound Effects Editor Matt Manselle, Foley Editor Matt Kelsey, Foley Editor Lodge Worster, Music Editor Brian Straub, Foley Artist
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie

Dopesick • Pseudo-Addiction • Hulu • 20th Television, Danny Strong Productions, John Goldwyn Productions, The Littlefield Company Nick Offord, Re-Recording Mixer Ryan Collins, Re-Recording Mixer Jay Meagher, CAS, Production Mixer

Gaslit • Final Days • STARZ • UCP in association with Esmail Corp, Anonymous Content, Red Om Films, The Slate Group John W. Cook II, Re-Recording Mixer Ben Wilkins, Re-Recording Mixer Devendra Cleary, CAS, Production Mixer

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Bonnie Wild, Re-Recording Mixer Scott R. Lewis, Re-Recording Mixer Tamás Csaba, Production Mixer Scott Michael Smith, Score Mixer

Pam & Tommy • The Master Beta • Hulu • Hulu, Annapurna Television, Point Grey Pictures Nick Offord, Re-Recording Mixer Ryan Collins, Re-Recording Mixer Juan Cisneros, Production Mixer

The White Lotus • Departures • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Rip Cord, The District and Hallogram Inc. Christian Minkler, Re-Recording Mixer Ryan Collins, Re-Recording Mixer Walter Anderson, Production Mixer Jeffrey Roy, ADR Mixer
Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie

The Blacklist • NBC • Sony Pictures Television Studios and Universal Television Cort L. Hessler III, Stunt Coordinator

The Book Of Boba Fett • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. JJ Dashnaw, Stunt Coordinator

Moon Knight • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Olivier Schneider, Stunt Coordinator Yves Girard, Stunt Coordinator

9-1-1: Lone Star • FOX • 20th Television in association with Ryan Murphy Television and Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision Buddy Sosthand, Stunt Coordinator

Stranger Things • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Hiro Koda, Stunt Coordinator

The Witcher • Netflix • A Netflix Original Series Adam Horton, Stunt Coordinator
Outstanding Stunt Performance

Barry • 710N • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Alec Berg and Hanarply Clay Cullen, Stunt Performer David Castillo, Stunt Performer Jolene Van Vugt, Stunt Performer Chris Morrison, Stunt Performer

The Blacklist • Between Sleep And Awake • NBC • Sony Pictures Television Studios and Universal Television Chad Michael Hessler, Stunt Performer

Hawkeye • Echoes • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Carl Richard Burden, Stunt Performer Noon Orsatti, Stunt Performer Renae Moneymaker, Stunt Performer Crystal Hooks, Stunt Performer

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Daren Nop, Stunt Performer Jamel Blissat, Stunt Performer Estelle Darnault, Stunt Performer Sara Leal, Stunt Performer

Squid Game • Stick To The Team • Netflix • Siren Pictures for Netflix Lim Tae-hoon, Stunt Performer Shim Sang-min, Stunt Performer Kim Cha-i, Stunt Performer Lee Tae-young, Stunt Performer

Stranger Things • Chapter Four: Dear Billy • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Matthew Scheib, Stunt Performer Jura Yury Kruze, Stunt Performer

Edited by tv echo

Maybe there will be a Moon Knight Season 2?

Moon Knight executive producer/director Mohamed Diab's daughter asks: "The question on everyone's mind is there a Season 2"?

Oscar Isaac answers: "Why else would we be in Cairo"?

• Applause 1

2022 Creative Arts Emmy Award Winners: The Complete List
By ETonline Editors  September 4, 2022
https://www.etonline.com/2022-emmy-award-winners-complete-list-189970 

The best of the 2021-2022 TV season has been revealed, first during the 74th Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which were handed on Sept. 3 and 4, before being followed by the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards hosted by Kenan Thompson on Sept. 12. 
OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES OR MOVIE

American Horror Story: Double Feature
Gaslit
Midnight Mass

Moon Knight -- *WINNER!
Station Eleven

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Oscar Isaac Confirms Conversations With Marvel About Moon Knight Return (Exclusive)
By ADAM BARNHARDT - October 19, 2022 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/moon-knight-oscar-isaac-return-marvel-studios-talks-confirmed-exclusive/ 

Earlier this month, Oscar Isaac teased the return of Moon Knight at some point in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While a second season of the series has yet to be confirmed by Marvel Studios, Isaac now tells us conversations with Marvel Studios have taken place in regards to the actor's future with the franchise.

"There have been some specific conversations," Isaac tells ComicBook.com while speaking in support of his new Head Wounds: Sparrow graphic novel. "They were pleasant. The spilling of the details it that there's no details. We don't know [if there will be a second season], but we're talking about it."
The actor adds he doesn't have a preference between a second season for the series or a larger team-up, such as a Midnight Suns feature many fans have speculated about.

"Truthfully, it's about the story. Is there a story worth telling? Is it interesting? Will I feel embarrassed about it when it comes out? So it's just about, is there something worth pouring everything you have into," Isaac continues. "And with Moon Knight, that was very much about that. It's creating a structure so that every morning when the alarm went off, I couldn't wait to get to the set because I wanted to try something different."
"Whether that's in a group thing or maybe a great idea comes around for a season two or if it's a standalone film or whatever it could be," the actor concludes. "I think it's just approaching it in that kind of way. It's the story first."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Oscar Isaac, John Alvey, and Bob Johnson Talk ‘Head Wounds: Sparrow’ Graphic Novel, D&D, and Their High School Ska Band
BY STEVE WEINTRAUB   PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://collider.com/oscar-isaac-head-wounds-sparrow-graphic-novel-interview-john-alvey-bob-johnson/ 

Oscar, as a fan of your performance in Moon Knight and the series. I feel like I've been teased about a Season 2, but it's confirmed, but it's not confirmed. Can we just definitively say that you are making Moon Knight Season 2?

ISAAC: We can't definitively say that. I need my teasing abilities. Can't drain me of those. What a cock tease I am. Always been.

ALVEY: That's true.

ISAAC: No, I hope so. We'll see what happens. But at the moment, there's no official word

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Marvel TV Shows, Ranked: WandaVision, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Loki and Other MCU Fare
By Team TVLine / October 25 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-marvel-tv-shows-ranked-worst/ 

6  MOON KNIGHT
March 30 – May 4, 2022 | 6 episodes

THE HIGHS: Oscar Isaac and May Calamawy. The exploration of a somewhat obscure Marvel antihero (and the even more obscure Arthur Harrow). F. Murray Abraham voicing dickish Khonshu. Raiders of the Lost Ark vibes. Those trippy final episodes.

THE LOWS: Layla’s development came too late. Story was too convoluted for just six episodes. The lack of connectivity to the larger MCU, while admirable, was disappointing. Finale left you saying, “OK, so what?”

TVLine reader polls: Season ranked #5 (out of 7), Finale #5

• Love 1

Every Marvel Cinematic Universe TV show, ranked
By Samantha Nelson, Tasha Robinson, and Zosha Millman  Updated Nov 25, 2022
https://www.polygon.com/tv/22561233/mcu-tv-shows-ranked-marvel-cinematic-universe

9. MOON KNIGHT (2022)
Is Moon Knight a canon part of the MCU? Executive producer Grant Curtis says it is, but apart from the tiniest references — a mention of Black Panther’s Ancestral Plane, another of Madripoor — the links are minimal, tenuous, and easily explained away, given Marvel Studios’ new focus on multiverses. Still, Disney Plus includes the show on its “MCU in timeline order” list, placing it right after Hawkeye.

But Moon Knight’s lack of visible MCU tie-ins also leaves it light on the usual burdens of forwarding a giant franchise’s narrative agenda. That gives creator Jeremy Slater and his team plenty of room to tell their own thrilling weird-adventure story, built heavily around the mystery of what’s going on with Steven Grant (Oscar Isaac), whose visions of a supernatural world sometimes coincide with blackouts that leave him with blood on his hands and a contemptuous voice in his ears. The ending is rushed per usual in an MCU series, but most of what happens on the way there is engaging, exciting, and actually pretty weird and daring for an MCU show. It’s all boosted by Isaac’s clear enjoyment of his wild dual role, a constant series of surprising reveals, and action that takes place both on a worldwide scale and a very personal one. It’s one of the stronger MCU series, marred mostly by a tendency to zip past important plot points without letting them breathe and to spend too much time on largely irrelevant red herrings. —TR

2022 in Review: The 20 Most Agonizing Cliffhangers From Stranger Things, Grey's, House of the Dragon and More
By Team TVLine / December 13 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-cliffhangers-2022-stranger-things-house-of-the-dragon/best-tv-cliffhangers-2022-moon-knight/ 

MOON KNIGHT
Midway through the fourth of six episodes,

Spoiler

Marc Spector was shot dead by Harrow, as they both rummaged through Ammit’s tomb. So… that’s the end of the show? Nope, because Marc would soon after “wake up” inside an asylum populated by familiar faces such as Harrow’s and Layla’s. And when he found Steven Grant inside a nearby sarcophagus and the gents bumped into a hippopotamus-headed female, we were left to wonder for six days, “What the Duat is going on here?!”

Edited by tv echo

Oscar Isaac is one of the nominees for TVLine's 2022 Performer of the Year...

Performer of the Year: The 22 Finalists
By Team TVLine / December 15 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-performances-actors-2022/christina-applegate-dead-to-me/ 

On Tuesday, Dec. 20, we will crown one of the nominees (and only one!) our 2022 Performer of the Year, dethroning the 2021 victor, Succession‘s Jeremy Strong. And while our esteemed panel of judges won’t necessarily be swayed by the Comments section, we’re itching to see if our 22 finalists line up with your favorite performances of the year.
Oscar Isaac, Moon Knight
In headlining Disney+’s first MCU series of the year, Isaac faced a nearly superhuman task. We first met him as Steven Grant, a mild-mannered “British” gift shop employee, only to then realize that Steven is but an alternate personality of American mercenary Marc Spector. Working within that construct, Isaac often had to interact with himself, and let’s just say that Steven and Marc did not get on at first! Throw in the gents’ shared breakdown and subsequent search for answers, plus fleeting glimpses of a third personality (cab driver Jake Lockley), and Isaac delivered no less than a tour de force performance.

• Like 1

Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were both nominated for Critics Choice Super Awards...

Nominations Announced for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action Movies and Series
February 22, 2023
https://www.criticschoice.com/2023/02/22/nominations-announced-for-the-3rd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards-honoring-superhero-science-fiction-fantasy-horror-and-action-movies-and-series/ 

(Los Angeles, CA – February 22, 2023) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the nominees for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards, honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action. Winners will be revealed via a special announcement on Thursday, March 16.
BEST ACTOR IN A SUPERHERO SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MADE-FOR-TV MOVIE*
John Cena – Peacemaker 
Brendan Fraser – Doom Patrol 
Grant Gustin – The Flash 
Oscar Isaac – Moon Knight
Elliot Page – The Umbrella Academy 
Antony Starr – The Boys
BEST VILLAIN IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MADE-FOR-TV MOVIE
Ethan Hawke – Moon Knight 
Brad Dourif – Chucky 
Matt Smith – House of the Dragon 
Hayden Christensen – Obi-Wan Kenobi 
Antony Starr – The Boys 
Michael Emerson – Evil
Jamie Campbell Bower – Stranger Things 
Harriet Sansom Harris – Werewolf By Night 

• Useful 1
On 2/24/2023 at 9:41 AM, tv echo said:

Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were both nominated for Critics Choice Super Awards...

Nominations Announced for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action Movies and Series
February 22, 2023
https://www.criticschoice.com/2023/02/22/nominations-announced-for-the-3rd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards-honoring-superhero-science-fiction-fantasy-horror-and-action-movies-and-series/ 

Matt Smith was a villain in house of the dragon?

Andor, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Moon Knight and Obi-Wan Kenobi Get 4K UHD and Blu-ray Release Dates
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 5, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/andor-obi-wan-kenobi-4k-uhd-blu-ray-release-dates/andor-the-complete-first-season/ 

Andor, The Falcon and Winter Soldier, Moon Knight and Obi-Wan Kenobi will get physical media releases, on 4K UHD and Blu-ray, on Tuesday, April 30.
Moon Knight: The Complete First Season
BONUS FEATURES:

• Egyptology – Join Egyptologist Ramy Romany, Oscar Isaac and more, as they further explore the ancient Egyptian mythology that helped inspire the Moon Knight series.
  • Assembled: The Making of Moon Knight – Pull back the curtain with Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke, and the rest of the cast and crew in ASSEMBLED as they reveal how MOON KNIGHT was brought to life.
  • Gag reel

DELETED SCENES:

• Don’t Go There – While walking in the streets of Egypt, Layla questions Marc’s state of mind and motivations.
  • Breaking the Cycle – Arthur delivers a prompting speech to his crew, urging them to take action alongside him.
  • Applause 2