Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

She just makes herself look stupid and immature when she's disrespectful.

Can you imagine how humiliated any/all of her close associates are?  Except for Chubby Hubby, of course.  He's her Svengali.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

regardless of what Meghan or anyone else thinks of Pamela A's view, interviewing her with respect IS owed.  She was invited to be on the show, she is owed at least to be treated as a guest.  If Meghan had asked questions respectfully, not in an aggressive, challenging manner, the studio and TV audience could see right through PA's statements and come to their own conclusions.  

I can agree with that, but by the same token, no one twisted PA's arm to be a guest on the show...knowing that the View's co-hosts like to "dig". To your point, Abby started the questions with asking PA to talk about what she's been through. Instead of answering a direct question, Pam went off on a tangent. Then Abby once again asked if Pam could elaborate on what she went through. Pam chose to again ignore Abby's question. Respect goes BOTH ways. Pam decided she wasn't going to answer and that was that. Abby was completely respectful, calm and polite in asking...and IMO, Pam was totally dissing Abby's question(s), not once but twice.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I can agree with that, but by the same token, no one twisted PA's arm to be a guest on the show...knowing that the View's co-hosts like to "dig". To your point, Abby started the questions with asking PA to talk about what she's been through. Instead of answering a direct question, Pam went off on a tangent. Then Abby once again asked if Pam could elaborate on what she went through. Pam chose to again ignore Abby's question. Respect goes BOTH ways. Pam decided she wasn't going to answer and that was that. Abby was completely respectful, calm and polite in asking...and IMO, Pam was totally dissing Abby's question(s), not once but twice.

For some reason Pam didn't want to talk about the relationship. I'm not sure why, but I think she did her best to politely work around that. She is not straight bitchy like Meghan. Maybe she changed her mind about being open about what happened with that guy, maybe she was threatened to stop talking about him. I wouldn't call Pam disrespectful for something like that. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For some reason Pam didn't want to talk about the relationship. I'm not sure why, but I think she did her best to politely work around that. She is not straight bitchy like Meghan. Maybe she changed her mind about being open about what happened with that guy, maybe she was threatened to stop talking about him. I wouldn't call Pam disrespectful for something like that. 

Often the bookers speak to the PR representatives and something gets lost in translation.  In the case of Assange, there are some serious legal implications; perhaps Abby's and Meghan's questions weren't exactly "approved."  I'm not a fan of Pamela Anderson (not "not" a fan...just disinterested).  I think she did a good enough job under the McCain Circumstances.

Also, Abby didn't "even want go to there," regarding the popular and famous red swimsuit poster.  Does she know how many men she just insulted--probably including her husband and brothers?  In most cases it was merely a decoration in  pre-teens' bedrooms.  Boys were in love with that All-American little Canadian blonde. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, lusinia said:

Here's a Washington Post article that delves more fully into the question, the answer, and the reaction.  

• I do not want to subscribe to the Washington Post.
  • Whenever I click on these items, I get a grayed-out screen telling me that I've exceeded my views.  I don't remember being able to read ANYTHING.
  • Bet the article was good.
  • And STILL I will not subscribe to the Washington Post.
17 hours ago, After7Only said:

And the proud mom way she beamed when Abby told her that her son was her favorite on The Hills spoke volumes.  

I couldn't get past the fact that for what little time Abby must have for TV, "The Hills" is something she watches.  WAIT!  I forgot that she has "help," lotsa help.

• Love 4

Catching up on yesterday's episode of The View, I mostly think Meghan McCain and Pamela Anderson deserve each other.

Meghan did act unprofessionally imo, but Pam is full of it. She's really good at talking fast.

I wonder how she would have felt, had Assange published her private information.

Still, that doesn't justify Meghan acting like a brat.  She's turning this show into some Bravo parody. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Ummm...Pamela Anderson was all kinds of stupid. Just because someone is a guest(on  a mostly political talk show) doesnt mean her dumbass view shouldnt be challenged.

20 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think the point is even a guest can be challenged - but not in a nasty MM way.

Exactly. Joy and Sunny did challenge her, and they did it without making Anderson seem like some kind of persecuted victim the way McCain's trademark, unnecessary rudeness and snarling does to anyone she directs it towards.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, General Days said:

Still, that doesn't justify Meghan acting like a brat.  She's turning this show into some Bravo parody. 

I've always thought this about her. She wants The View to be Fox news meets Real Housewives. That's not what I watch it for or the original idea for the show. If I want to watch Bravo, I'll watch Bravo. And Fox is the last channel I resort to for news. I like The View to be women who are like girlfriends discussing various topics, including politics, in a respectful manner. Getting heated now and then is one thing, the nasty demeanor every day completely turns me off. I am at work most days The View is live, but I can't imagine those who are at home and trying to enjoy their coffee want to see all the scowling and rudeness. Not the greatest way to start your day. 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Exactly. Joy and Sunny did challenge her, and they did it without making Anderson seem like some kind of persecuted victim the way McCain's trademark, unnecessary rudeness and snarling does to anyone she directs it towards.

It would be wonderful if some of the big name/big news people they want as guests were to refuse to go on and tell them that it is because she is there.  Maybe that would get the powers to be to see that she is not an asset to the show.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

It would be wonderful if some of the big name/big news people they want as guests were to refuse to go on and tell them that it is because she is there.  Maybe that would get the powers to be to see that she is not an asset to the show.

YES!

• Love 7

Think maybe we need a woman CEO at Disney/ABC ???

19 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Ummm...Pamela Anderson was all kinds of stupid. Just because someone is a guest(on  a mostly political talk show) doesnt mean her dumbass view shouldnt be challenged.

There are challenges...and there are challenges.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Nanni said:

The guy in the audience only whooped once, his right to ..and McCain has NO right to clap back at audience members if they annoy her. Gawd ..her arrogance has no boundaries

Not the megNUT McCain show, not her audience , not her stage...

IMO... 😉

If anyone behind the scenes tells Meghan to knock it off her people will be sources who tell media outlets the View/ABC is trying to silence the lone Republican/conservative at the table. She is going to make a career out of being the poor little victimized Republican.

• Love 5
On 9/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, lusinia said:

Also, Joy (I think) said one of Dylan's siblings said they were present and that it didn't happen.  Unless they were together 100% of the time that testimony is irrelevant. 

This is what Moses Farrow said: "Along with five kids, there were three adults in the house, all of whom had been told for months what a monster Woody was. None of us would have allowed Dylan to step away with Woody, even if he tried... the only place for anyone to commit an act of depravity in private would have been in a small crawl space off my mother’s upstairs bedroom. By default, the attic became the scene of the alleged assault."

http://mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html

(Content warning: at that link, Moses also describes a very dark childhood,  full of physical and emotional abuse at Mia's hand, including abuse of his blind and disabled adopted siblings, and their subsequent suicides.)

If the show was going to take this on, I wish they'd discussed it in depth. Both Joy and Sunny (the expert) left out information that makes this case murky and troubling. There were two investigations  (not just one) Yale New Haven and New York State (which did a fourteen month investigation, finding no credible evidence of sexual abuse or maltreatment) and the judge in the custody case, Wilk, pretty well had to dismiss the findings of Yale New Haven (and testimony from a psychologist and a sex crimes expert) to render his ruling, imo:

"One of the nation's top sex crimes experts testified Tuesday he doubted actor-director Woody Allen sexually abused his 7- year-old adopted daughter on the basis of video tape 'proof' offered by actress Mia Farrow. Retired New York Police Lt. Richard Marcus, formerly head of the Manhattan Sex Crimes Unit, testified at the bitter child custody trial in state Supreme Court that he had reviewed the tape Farrow made of Dylan Farrow's accounting of her alleged molestation and found it 'rehearsed."

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1993/04/26/Judge-in-Woody-Mia-child-custody-case-airs-anti-Allen-views/5124735796800/

I think the judge was so repulsed by Allen/Soon Yi (join the club) that he let it drive the trial (sarcastically asking an expert witness, "What happens if your sister turns into Daddy's girlfriend?" displays your bias, imo.  He did a lousy, self indulgent job - made everything murkier and messier, instead of clarifying what happened.)

It was released in 1993 so filming would have been during or right after the allegations. I'm actually quite surprised Joy is so dismissive of it.

I think Joy might also be seeing it through the lens of the initial media circus (which was brutal: Mia called Soon Yi "mentally r*******" at a press conference and Allen accused Mia of saying "You took my daughter, now I'm going to take yours!" - was she wearing a Bette Davis wig and smoking a gun moll cigarette at the time, Mr Allen?) The minute Allen said "The  heart wants what it wants", the media coverage gloves were off.  The accusations weren't buried.

I think something happened to Dylan - I also believe Moses -  I've been wondering if Dylan was harmed by Mia's pedophile brother (John Farrow, sentenced to 15 years in 2012 for molesting two boys).  Child molesters sometimes abuse both genders, and that would explain so much of this confusing case. Maybe Dylan transferred a barely remembered event onto Allen as Mia pressed her for more and more details - maybe Dylan was remembering something her uncle did (and thus her contradictory and confusing initial interviews) and unknowingly transferred it onto Allen (and thus the contradictory and confusing facts on his side of the case).  Whatever the truth, the one thing I know is this:  Mia Farrow and Woody Allen were horrible parents, with children who ended up deeply scarred by both of them.

All that said  (sorry for the looong whoopi-length post) nothing in this lessens the power of #metoo (despite Meghan's inane comment).  Assuming a victim is telling the truth is how we treat every other crime victim in this country. Applying the same standard to victims of sex crimes is beyond long overdue.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Was anyone else really bothered that Abby forgot about her dog, George, outside of the bodega? Maybe it’s because I’m a dog mom, but I was horrified by her behavior. #FreeGeorge

If her apartment is really “just across the street” from the bodega, then why did she even bring the dog with her in the first place, just to leave him outside? It just doesn’t make sense. 

Would it kill her to ever tell a story or anecdote that was clear, concise or in chronological order? (I know, I know...but it’s wishful thinking!)

She started off by intimating that she took George on a walk and was going to make a stop at the bodega to get some milk. Two birds with one stone - totally normal. 

THEN she mentioned having all three kids with her and that she only ran to the bodega to get some milk because of how close the bodega was to her apartment.

I will never understand how she passed a single class in college. 

MM is comprised of all sorts of narcissism, ignorance and vile behavior, but Abby is a damn moron.

When Joy talked about hanging out with Nancy Pelosi and Hillary during her time off and Abby asked “Clinton?”, I really wish someone would have said “No, Hillary from HR.” 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Was anyone else really bothered that Abby forgot about her dog, George, outside of the bodega? Maybe it’s because I’m a dog mom, but I was horrified by her behavior. #FreeGeorge 

I'm a cat person and thought it was awful that she was so gleeful about forgetting about her dog, who appears to be elderly.  I also hate it when women claim "Mommy brain" made them do it.  If she is that ditzy, maybe she should stay inside with the babies rather than risk forgetting about one of them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

I'm a cat person and thought it was awful.  I also hate it when women claim "Mommy brain" made them do it.  If she is that ditzy, maybe she should stay inside with the babies rather than risk forgetting about one of them.

Thank you!

I also wish she’d quit it with the “three kids under the age of ________.” Even if she didn’t have twins, you know she’d say “two kids under the age of _______.”

When my twin brother and I were conceived, my mom had been on the pill. My parents didn’t have other kids, so they hit the ground running with us. My mom still frequently shares with people (who complain about having one baby) that she is glad she had twins because she didn’t know how much more work it was to have two babies compared to one baby. Other than her general “you should be thankful you only have one newborn baby” anecdotes to other people, I have never heard a word out of her mouth about how hard it is to take care of twins.

My dad was a workaholic and my mom went back to work when we were six weeks old, by her own choice. We had a babysitter when she was at work, but at the end of the day, she was practically a single mom who worked full time and took care of her twins.

When I hear people complain about being tired because they have kids so close in age, I have so many questions I want to ask, including, “Were you trying to get pregnant? How did you imagine this would go once you gave birth?”

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I'm a cat person and thought it was awful that she was so gleeful about forgetting about her dog, who appears to be elderly.  I also hate it when women claim "Mommy brain" made them do it.  If she is that ditzy, maybe she should stay inside with the babies rather than risk forgetting about one of them.

I don't like Abby, but she wasn't gleeful about leaving the dog. She was laughing at her own stupidity, but that's not glee.

2 hours ago, Bridget said:

If her apartment is really “just across the street” from the bodega, then why did she even bring the dog with her in the first place, just to leave him outside? It just doesn’t make sense. 

Would it kill her to ever tell a story or anecdote that was clear, concise or in chronological order? (I know, I know...but it’s wishful thinking!)

She started off by intimating that she took George on a walk and was going to make a stop at the bodega to get some milk. Two birds with one stone - totally normal. 

THEN she mentioned having all three kids with her and that she only ran to the bodega to get some milk because of how close the bodega was to her apartment.

That's not how she told the story at all. She didn't even say she had the three kids with her, never mind the thing about the walk.

She showed the photo, said that George lives only to be fed at morning and at night, the rest is "literally passing time," and added that she feels bad for him, because he was their "baby number one," then said: 

"I took him to the bodega across the street to get milk or whatever. And I ran home. I had a baby in a stroller and I got home -- and by the way, this was just across the street, 'cause I'm gonna get hate for this  -- but I looked out the window. I realized he was still left tied outside the bodega shop." [Joy laughs. The audience makes sad noises.]

"I know. But you know what, I ran right back out. And people were petting him, and he got treats, and [unitelligble]."

Whoopi interrupts: "But you also have three kids under the age of--"

Abby: "Right. I was a mess, so..."

Whoopi: "--under the age  of  three."

Abby: "It's honesty. This is real stuff, but I love him. The poor guy."

I know someone who accidentally left daycare without one of her kids, after she had twins. "Mommy brain" is a dumb name that people use to shorthand a lot of different behaviors.

Abby was obviously tired, and distracted, and forgot about the dog for a second. Every once in a while, you hear about a father who drives off with the car seat on top of the car.

People get attacks of the stupids. Abby sucks as a host of The View. She spends way too much time leading the False Equivalency Parade, but all she did was share an embarrassing story. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, General Days said:

That's not how she told the story at all. She didn't even say she had the three kids with her, never mind the thing about the walk.

She told that same story months ago--with the same photo.  Had she even had the twins yet?  Maybe the excuse at the time was pregnancy.  Even if the bodega is "just across the street," most likely she was pushing a stroller half a block to a light/crosswalk and then half a black to the little store.  Sad that she has so little to report that she had to tell the story twice.

2 hours ago, General Days said:

Every once in a while, you hear about a father who drives off with the car seat on top of the car.

We hear WORSE stories in the Phoenix area.  Babies have been left in hot cars (outdoor temperature 118-ish) and the outcomes were horrible.  It was fathers in most cases--fathers who didn't usually pick up the kids at daycare.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, pinguina said:

I agree with others that the Pamela Anderson interview was hard to watch.

I came in on it already in progress.  Between Pamela having taken "fast talking" lessons and MM and her yelling at the audience and also fast talking...........................I was so confused.

I am going to rewatch it in its entirety.  I hope someone asks PA about her rant that Tommy Lee gave her Hep C and then have them ask if she is sure it didn't come from the Playboy Mansion.  🙏

Edited by jumper sage
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan was doing her usual condescending, gotcha questioning. It was about Julian Assange. The exchange was quite testy. I couldn't hear exactly what Pam said, but the crowd clapped for her and that's when Meghan snapped at some guy in the audience. The camera didn't pan to the guy so I don't know what he did, but Meghan told him to "calm down."

She didn't just tell him to calm down.  She said it in a disgusted, dismissive, and bitchy tone.   She was completely out of line.  I thought it was appalling.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:48 PM, Sarah Heart said:

I agree. But when your in the audience, you're not part of the show. So maybe button it.

Well, that's not true.  I've worked in television for a long time, and the audience most definitely IS part of the show.  That's the whole reason for having a live audience.   People react to what the hosts say and do all the time.   This show would have a whole different feeling if there was no live audience.   The decision that a show be live vs. not live is always well-thought-out and deliberate.

That man did nothing wrong, and should not have been spoken to that way.  

On 9/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, tinkerbell said:

And I disagree with you about the role of the audience.  Aren't they SUPPOSED to react to what's going on?  otherwise, what's the point of having a live audience.   

Exactly.  Yes.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 21
47 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

She didn't just tell him to calm down.  She said it in a disgusted, dismissive, and bitchy tone.   She was completely out of line.  I thought it was appalling.

Well, that's not true.  I've worked in television for a long time, and the audience most definitely IS part of the show.  That's the whole reason for having a live audience.   People react to what the hosts say and do all the time.   This show would have a whole different feeling if there was no live audience.   The decision that a show be live vs. not live is always well-thought-out and deliberate.

That man did nothing wrong, and should not have been spoken to that way.  

Exactly.  Yes.  

What bothers me is Meghan regularly does this. The audience shouldn't feel like school children who must be silent while the teacher is lecturing or else they'll be scolded. The hosts should be warm and welcoming. Meghan's the worst as far as her treatment of the audience. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

the audience most definitely IS part of the show.  That's the whole reason for having a live audience.

Exactly. It's fun when the hosts acknowledge the audience, and there's some back-and-forth between them. Example: the lady in the great hat who was acknowledged earlier this week and was given screen time so everyone could see her very striking hat. And last season, when they did nearly an entire segment on an elderly former serviceman who was in the audience. As far as I could tell, it was an off-the-cuff moment, and it was a definite plus for everyone.

If you're going to have that -- and those were both charming moments that made everyone look good -- then you're going to have to have occasional "whooping" in reaction to the panel's discussions. The man whooped once. He wasn't obnoxious. He wasn't heckling.

Meghan's dismissive response to him was the ugly part.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan's the worst as far as her treatment of the audience. 

And like the behavior for (probably) most of her life, she will suffer NO CONSEQUENCES !!!    In too many ways she's just like our President.

• Love 11

Megun could learn a lot from seasoned hosts like Joy and Whoopi.  When the audience disagrees with them, they smile and say something like - Isn't America great? People can express their own opinions.  And they mean it.  A couple of times Megun has said similar words (usually the day after she's obviously received a talking to), but by her tone and sneer we know she doesn't really mean it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The audience shouldn't feel like school children who must be silent while the teacher is lecturing or else they'll be scolded.

Well, Meghan dresses like a schoolmarm sometimes, so I guess she thinks she should act like one.

16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She told that same story months ago--with the same photo.  Had she even had the twins yet?

Abby posted on Twitter on June 25 about accidentally leaving George outside the bodega (it looks like she's removed it, but it's still on her Instagram page).  She was already off by then; maybe Whoopie or one of the other hosts mentioned it at the time?

I give her credit for admitting it not once, but twice now, considering the amount of criticism she received (which I imagine is why she removed the tweet.  I happened to see it initially since I check her twitter feed for baby picture postings.)  Thank goodness George was okay, and it's less likely to happen again since I'm sure she's extra diligent now.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Bridget said:

I will never understand how she passed a single class in college. 

MM is comprised of all sorts of narcissism, ignorance and vile behavior, but Abby is a damn moron.

When Joy talked about hanging out with Nancy Pelosi and Hillary during her time off and Abby asked “Clinton?”, I really wish someone would have said “No, Hillary from HR.” 

Abby is a clear dimwitt! MegHam is sharp but mentally unstable. 

• Love 2

I think we probably all have done something really dimwitted at some point.   I can’t judge her for one lapse. I was just surprised she chose to share it on Twitter then to mention it on the show. 

• Love 5
On 9/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, tinkerbell said:

Ok, the clip above did NOT show heckling.  It seems Pamela A expressed a point of view about the military, the audience cheered and clapped, and one guy was enthusiastic, adding a "Wooohoo"  or something. He wasn't heckling Meghan, he was agreeing with Pamela A.  

A live audience isn't required to only clap and cheer when told to.  they're not programmed robots.  

The hosts, who are PAID to be there, do owe the audience respect.  They also owe the guests some level of respect, in terms of allowing them to speak their views.  There is a way to show disagreement without badgering, interrogating, interrupting, belittling, a guest.  

but they specifically give you pre show instructions to NOT do this, and if you do, you can be removed.  We are only supposed to follow the stage manager's hand signals (which is also taught to us during the pre-show instructions).

On 9/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, jkspeaks said:

In general the way how The View treat their audience is baffling. I went to a live taping in 2017, and during commercial break none of the cohosts took time to even acknowledge the audience, the only person who actually notices the audience is Sunny lmao. 

ha - I thought someone quoted me from way back in January.  I wrote pretty much the exact same thing!  The only one to address us was the guest co-host who's name is escaping me.  UGH! 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

Well, Meghan dresses like a schoolmarm sometimes, so I guess she thinks she should act like one.

Abby posted on Twitter on June 25 about accidentally leaving George outside the bodega (it looks like she's removed it, but it's still on her Instagram page).  She was already off by then; maybe Whoopie or one of the other hosts mentioned it at the time?

I give her credit for admitting it not once, but twice now, considering the amount of criticism she received (which I imagine is why she removed the tweet.  I happened to see it initially since I check her twitter feed for baby picture postings.)  Thank goodness George was okay, and it's less likely to happen again since I'm sure she's extra diligent now.

Ive never understood how any person does that with their dog. Not judging.  Its just dont you get afraid of the dog being stolen?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think we probably all have done something really dimwitted at some point.   I can’t judge her for one lapse. I was just surprised she chose to share it on Twitter then to mention it on the show. 

Twice!

• Love 4
On 9/9/2019 at 3:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, much as she annoys me, I love Meghan’s body positivity. Sometimes women feel too ashamed to openly enjoy food if they’re not thin. 

I agree with the sentiment although I don't trust that Meghan (in her heart* of hearts) is all that positive about her body.  Sometimes she's just a bit too vocal (aka LOUD!) about her self-assurance.

*If she has one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Yes.  Because the loudness stems from them trying to convince themselves more so than anyone else. 

Yup. Very well said.  Coming from a lifetime of eating disorders yada yada, theres nothing that could be said, that i hadnt (havent) already said to myself.  Good and/or bad.

• Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, Haleth said:

Absolutely agree. God knows Ive done many bonehead things and like i said, im not judging.  I really wasnt thinking of her, i was thinking of all the other people who purposefully do it.  Arent they afraid? Id be terrified they be taken.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, Tammee said:
On 9/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, Cementhead said:

Yes.  Because the loudness stems from them trying to convince themselves more so than anyone else. 

Yup. Very well said.  Coming from a lifetime of eating disorders yada yada, theres nothing that could be said, that i hadnt (havent) already said to myself.  Good and/or bad.

I'll respond to this in the Meghan thread.