Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The audience shouldn't feel like school children who must be silent while the teacher is lecturing or else they'll be scolded.

Well, Meghan dresses like a schoolmarm sometimes, so I guess she thinks she should act like one.

16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She told that same story months ago--with the same photo.  Had she even had the twins yet?

Abby posted on Twitter on June 25 about accidentally leaving George outside the bodega (it looks like she's removed it, but it's still on her Instagram page).  She was already off by then; maybe Whoopie or one of the other hosts mentioned it at the time?

I give her credit for admitting it not once, but twice now, considering the amount of criticism she received (which I imagine is why she removed the tweet.  I happened to see it initially since I check her twitter feed for baby picture postings.)  Thank goodness George was okay, and it's less likely to happen again since I'm sure she's extra diligent now.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

In too many ways she's just like our President.

I've thought this for a while - there are so many ways they're alike.  I keep thinking I should make a list.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

On 9/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Bridget said:

Was anyone else really bothered that Abby forgot about her dog, George, outside of the bodega? Maybe it’s because I’m a dog mom, but I was horrified by her behavior. #FreeGeorge

If her apartment is really “just across the street” from the bodega, then why did she even bring the dog with her in the first place, just to leave him outside? It just doesn’t make sense. 

Would it kill her to ever tell a story or anecdote that was clear, concise or in chronological order? (I know, I know...but it’s wishful thinking!)

She started off by intimating that she took George on a walk and was going to make a stop at the bodega to get some milk. Two birds with one stone - totally normal. 

THEN she mentioned having all three kids with her and that she only ran to the bodega to get some milk because of how close the bodega was to her apartment.

I will never understand how she passed a single class in college. 

MM is comprised of all sorts of narcissism, ignorance and vile behavior, but Abby is a damn moron.

When Joy talked about hanging out with Nancy Pelosi and Hillary during her time off and Abby asked “Clinton?”, I really wish someone would have said “No, Hillary from HR.” 

Abby is a clear dimwitt! MegHam is sharp but mentally unstable. 

• Like 2

I think we probably all have done something really dimwitted at some point.   I can’t judge her for one lapse. I was just surprised she chose to share it on Twitter then to mention it on the show. 

• Like 5

On 9/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, tinkerbell said:

Ok, the clip above did NOT show heckling.  It seems Pamela A expressed a point of view about the military, the audience cheered and clapped, and one guy was enthusiastic, adding a "Wooohoo"  or something. He wasn't heckling Meghan, he was agreeing with Pamela A.  

A live audience isn't required to only clap and cheer when told to.  they're not programmed robots.  

The hosts, who are PAID to be there, do owe the audience respect.  They also owe the guests some level of respect, in terms of allowing them to speak their views.  There is a way to show disagreement without badgering, interrogating, interrupting, belittling, a guest.  

but they specifically give you pre show instructions to NOT do this, and if you do, you can be removed.  We are only supposed to follow the stage manager's hand signals (which is also taught to us during the pre-show instructions).

On 9/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, jkspeaks said:

In general the way how The View treat their audience is baffling. I went to a live taping in 2017, and during commercial break none of the cohosts took time to even acknowledge the audience, the only person who actually notices the audience is Sunny lmao. 

ha - I thought someone quoted me from way back in January.  I wrote pretty much the exact same thing!  The only one to address us was the guest co-host who's name is escaping me.  UGH! 

• Like 3

I kept forgetting to say how much i loved that outfit Sunny had on, i think it was Thursday.  It was a gorgeous teal, so so pretty.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lusinia said:

Well, Meghan dresses like a schoolmarm sometimes, so I guess she thinks she should act like one.

Abby posted on Twitter on June 25 about accidentally leaving George outside the bodega (it looks like she's removed it, but it's still on her Instagram page).  She was already off by then; maybe Whoopie or one of the other hosts mentioned it at the time?

I give her credit for admitting it not once, but twice now, considering the amount of criticism she received (which I imagine is why she removed the tweet.  I happened to see it initially since I check her twitter feed for baby picture postings.)  Thank goodness George was okay, and it's less likely to happen again since I'm sure she's extra diligent now.

Ive never understood how any person does that with their dog. Not judging.  Its just dont you get afraid of the dog being stolen?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

18 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think we probably all have done something really dimwitted at some point.   I can’t judge her for one lapse. I was just surprised she chose to share it on Twitter then to mention it on the show. 

Twice!

• Like 4

Honestly, much as she annoys me, I love Meghan’s body positivity. Sometimes women feel too ashamed to openly enjoy food if they’re not thin. 

• Like 5

On 9/9/2019 at 3:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, much as she annoys me, I love Meghan’s body positivity. Sometimes women feel too ashamed to openly enjoy food if they’re not thin. 

I agree with the sentiment although I don't trust that Meghan (in her heart* of hearts) is all that positive about her body.  Sometimes she's just a bit too vocal (aka LOUD!) about her self-assurance.

*If she has one.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Star Jones, anyone?  Star loved her body sooo much and never missed a minute to remind us.  Until she didn't.  And got gastric bypass.  And admitted that the whole loving herself the way she was thing was a big old lie.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sometimes she's just a bit too vocal (aka LOUD!) about her self-assurance.

Yes.  Because the loudness stems from them trying to convince themselves more so than anyone else. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Yes.  Because the loudness stems from them trying to convince themselves more so than anyone else. 

Yup. Very well said.  Coming from a lifetime of eating disorders yada yada, theres nothing that could be said, that i hadnt (havent) already said to myself.  Good and/or bad.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, Haleth said:

Absolutely agree. God knows Ive done many bonehead things and like i said, im not judging.  I really wasnt thinking of her, i was thinking of all the other people who purposefully do it.  Arent they afraid? Id be terrified they be taken.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, UYI said:

And as we all know, Meghan doesn't really bother with things that occurred before she was born! 😄 

This will never get old. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

On 9/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, Tammee said:
On 9/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, Cementhead said:

Yup. Very well said.  Coming from a lifetime of eating disorders yada yada, theres nothing that could be said, that i hadnt (havent) already said to myself.  Good and/or bad.

I'll respond to this in the Meghan thread.