Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: UNLESS AND UNTIL ALL the sponsors pull their advertising and tell them Her Twatness is the reason, ABC won’t do JACK SHIT.

Right now, I believe they have so many View Your Deal because some have left.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

So if Meghan didn't interpret it the way "everyone in the Democratic Party" did (so she says).  Now she's starting to think she's qualified to speak for everyone.

Sanders' statement was clear - if anyone is hearing it through a prism, that's the problem.  Even Whoopie understood exactly what he was saying.

Did Meghan just tell Joy she could say something "...if it's factual"?  I can't even decide what to say about this.

Yes, I had my back to the TV, but I'm sure that's what she said.  (Her gall has no limits!!!)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Wow, Meghan is such a mega bitch. The way she just singled out someone in the crowd: "oh calm down, sir."

This Pam Anderson interview is awkward. 

W.T.F?????  They need to SHUT HER DOWN!  Are you fucking kidding me?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

LOL - MM was so flustered she could not rattle PSA she snapped at the audience twice. Then started to cross her arms in defense, no - reach for her coffee cup, nope - cross her arms - bingo - jab her pointed finger at PSA. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Thanks for the clip.  WHAT a bitch!  I do not like the audience, who took time out of their day to support this show and was perhaps excited about it, to be treated so horribly.  I also don't think they should have to be silent while watching.  I may not last past this week of the show.  I gave it up and thought I could possibly come back but I won't help ratings of a show that allows their audience to be spoken to like that.  I am ready to start contacting sponsors.  I am THAT over this entitled gas bag.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Thanks for the clip.  WHAT a bitch!  I do not like the audience, who took time out of their day to support this show and was perhaps excited about it, to be treated so horribly.  I also don't think they should have to be silent while watching.  I may not last past this week of the show.  I gave it up and thought I could possibly come back but I won't help ratings of a show that allows their audience to be spoken to like that.  I am ready to start contacting sponsors.  I am THAT over this entitled gas bag.  

I agree. I bowed out towards the end of last season and just read the comments here. I watched this week out of curiosity and nothing has changed. Nothing. I think the only positive thing I've noticed is they got rid of VYD? Anyway, I think I'm gonna bow out again.

4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

was the guy actually disruptive?  Or did Me-gun just not like his point of view? 

I posted a short clip of the exchange above. The camera didn't pan to the guy so I have no idea what he actually did, but it's still uncalled for. As we know, Meghan has a long history of talking down to audience members - I'm pretty sure there's a montage video out there of her repeatedly doing this.

• Love 15

WITH REFERENCE TO WHOOPIE'S STUPID BOOK:  Okay, I don't know about you guys, but I am not buying a book about entertaining from some total slob who farts and talks about it, and dresses like a homeless person.  Who in the hell talked her into "creating' such a book?  Poor thing must really need money honey cause she sure can't afford to get her white roots touched up these days.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

Pamela was uttering a whole lot of nonsense about what a great guy Assange is and that it is the gov’t that puts the military in harm’s way, not J.A.  I had as little patience with Pam’s excuses as Meg, but it’s her job to have a civil conversation. I’m allowed to scoff at the tv.

And speaking of nonsense, where the heck did Meg get the idea that the world population is decreasing so the liberal scare tactics (whatever offensive term she used) re climate change are overblown?

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Pamela was uttering a whole lot of nonsense about what a great guy Assange is and that it is the gov’t that puts the military in harm’s way, not J.A.  I had as little patience with Pam’s excuses as Meg, but it’s her job to have a civil conversation. I’m allowed to scoff at the tv.

And speaking of nonsense, where the heck did Meg get the idea that the world population is decreasing so the liberal scare tactics (whatever offensive term she used) re climate change are overblown?

Oh I agree about Assange. Fuck that guy. And what the hell was Pam Anderson talking about with her "third wave feminism" bs?

"Leave feminism to the feminist."

Girl... what?

And don't get me started on that conversation about population control and all that. Too much over-talking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What exactly was the audience member saying or doing?   I thought it was just that he was enthusiastic?  And I disagree with you about the role of the audience.  Aren't they SUPPOSED to react to what's going on?  otherwise, what's the point of having a live audience.   was the guy actually disruptive?  Or did Me-gun just not like his point of view

He clapped for the person McCain was attacking and that's all.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

That first segment showed Abby and McCain both having a complete break with reality, and moments like that are why they are unfit to be on any TV screen. I don't even like Bernie, but... talk about a fundamental, blatant falseness on display from the two of them. I'm glad Whoopi kept on pointing out they were liars, ascribing words to him he did not say.

• Love 19

The population control topic was MM being willfully ignorant. She knows goddamned well what Bernie said, yet twisted it around to make him seem extreme. Joy, Whoppi and Sunny didn't seem to have the same problem. And Abby's "what does population have to do with climate change?" Was idiotic. I'm glad Joy set her straight. Can you really be that fucking stupid not to see the connection?

Pamela is a moron. Meghan is a bitch. They both came out losers in that conversation.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

In general the way how The View treat their audience is baffling. I went to a live taping in 2017, and during commercial break none of the cohosts took time to even acknowledge the audience, the only person who actually notices the audience is Sunny lmao. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, jkspeaks said:

In general the way how The View treat their audience is baffling. I went to a live taping in 2017, and during commercial break none of the cohosts took time to even acknowledge the audience, the only person who actually notices the audience is Sunny lmao. 

Really disappointing to hear that.  

• Love 10

I watched the PA segment. The clip up thread got me curious.  First, she wasn't nearly as awkward as I've seen her in the past. She's usually very twitchy and avoids eye contact. I dont want to talk about what she said🙄. Meghan lost her shit at the end what a rude unprofessional woman.

If you watch as they go to commercial in PA's first segment Whoopi's looks pissed I'm assuming at MM's treatment of PA. Whoopi's tell when she likes or wants to like a guest is her soft fake voice. That's what she used on Pam today. You see Meghan pointing her finger in Whoopi's direction. It could be Abby's direction but I doubt it. I would love to have heard that conversation. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

What exactly was the audience member saying or doing?   I thought it was just that he was enthusiastic?  And I disagree with you about the role of the audience.  Aren't they SUPPOSED to react to what's going on?  otherwise, what's the point of having a live audience.   was the guy actually disruptive?  Or did Me-gun just not like his point of view? 

Megan has in the past thanked the one or two audience members who have agreed with her/cheered her on.  She can't take criticism because, well, she is John McCain's daughter and the voice of the wonderful republican party

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

So, I finally watched the show. Lord love a duck. Meh-gun is as stupid, ignorant and insensitive as ever. Her bullshit rant about guns guns guns was gross and disgusting. Fuck that bitch!

No-one looked rested except for Abby!

Whoopie had a pretty epic rant about Debra Messing and the list.  I immediately thought of her being backballed.

I could have done without MeAgain's shrieking about not being on a diet! And I *loved* Joy refusing to give her one of her lasagna's!!! Sunny and the Bitch will just have to share. Although I feel bad for Sunny.

I thought MeAgain was extraordinarily rude to Pamela Anderson (and I don't even care for her). Good for PA for holding her own!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Joy says can I finish a sentence,  then plays Meghan's game, and waves her hand and says never mind. 

And...Meghan actually gave her permission, but "only" if she was going to state "facts."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is just so nasty and unpleasant, she brings the whole table down. She is a dangerous uniformed propagandist.  She has said so many lies and half truths and it is a shame that ABC is complicit. Nobody challenges her and it makes me sad that Joy and Sunny are not pushing back on her lies.  

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I wish these women would call Meghan out more.

4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

That was disrespectful, fully agree. But why did Joy then say, never mind? Was it not factual?

I'd bet there have been more than a few MANDATORY meetings where everyone* was ordered to lay off Meghan.  She's the poor little Christian Republican who has no one in her corner.  No one puts Meghan in a corner!

*Meghan was not required to attend.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Dear College-Educated Pundints Cupp and McCain:

Eugenics is the science of improving the human species by selectively mating people with specific desirable hereditary traits. It aims to reduce human suffering by “breeding out” disease, disabilities and so-called undesirable characteristics from the human population.

It's not "population control" for the simple result of fewer people.

Ladies, there's a new method of research where you can find quick/basic facts on the Internet.  Try www.google.com and type in a question.  You both have large audiences; it should be important that you not continue to disseminate misinformation.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

They were all kinda disrespectful to Pam today honestly, the way how Joy and Sunny were pressing her for posing nude for playboy, honestly it is the woman's choice to pose nude for magazines like that, no man is forcing them to. A woman can do whatever she wants with her body. Plus isn't one of Meghan's "friends" and al franken accuser a playboy girl? Come on. 

• Love 18

One more thing, they are always twisting Bernie's words and trying to smear him. Like in this segment here, I bet Meghan requested this be talked about on the show and her idiot friend Se cupp probably suggested this too. Let me tell you if Biden said this they would all ignore it. 

Edited by jkspeaks
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Dear College-Educated Pundints Cupp and McCain:

Eugenics is the science of improving the human species by selectively mating people with specific desirable hereditary traits. It aims to reduce human suffering by “breeding out” disease, disabilities and so-called undesirable characteristics from the human population.

It's not "population control" for the simple result of fewer people.

Ladies, there's a new method of research where you can find quick/basic facts on the Internet.  Try www.google.com and type in a question.  You both have large audiences; it should be important that you not continue to disseminate misinformation.

Ironically, just last night I happened to mention S.E. Cupp in a post here where I said she comes across so different politically on her CNN show from how she used to be, and I even wondered if she and Meghan were still friends because of that.  Well, I take it back; I was so wrong.  Maybe she recently "softened up" for tv. 

As you said, her tweet about the subject of eugenics was not at all correct, and then she ended it by saying "the fact that Bernie Sanders is willing to entertain this vile idea is not only disgusting, it should be disqualifying."   I think condemning someone based on a falsehood is pretty disgusting. 

Kudos to Whoopie for actually having the correct facts about both Sanders' answer and what eugenics is.

After doing some research, it looks like the far right wing immediately sprang into action to intentionally mischaracterize what Sanders said, because why let a little thing like facts get in the way of faux outrage.  It also fits into their narrative of Democrats as baby killers.  Sanders' main point in his answer was that low-income women in other countries who WANT fewer children should have access to birth control.  Here's a Washington Post article that delves more fully into the question, the answer, and the reaction.  

• Love 14

I found the Pamela Anderson to be interesting.  Now I think she's quite a bit kooky, and I don't agree with her that all of the Assange stories are just propaganda (the truth is likely somewhere in the middle-ish).  But she came across as smarter and a bit more pulled together than I expected based on the tabloid life she's led.  And for a woman who's obviously had some work done, her work looked pretty good on her.  

And the proud mom way she beamed when Abby told her that her son was her favorite on The Hills spoke volumes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Ummm...Pamela Anderson was all kinds of stupid. Just because someone is a guest(on  a mostly political talk show) doesnt mean her dumbass view shouldnt be challenged.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 5

Whether Abby and Meghan know it or not people are already choosing to not have children because they aren't sure what the world is going to be when those children would grow up.

Bernie Sanders was not talking about population control as something mandatory but was advocating for access to birth control for all women around the world. 

• Love 20

Friday's show was the first show of the new season that I saw (I went on vacation with some friends and we did not watch the news even once!)

It's always interesting to "hear" others thoughts about the show.  

The Bernie Sanders clips were kind of eye-opening - in the way they treat what he says differently (IMO) than others.  The first clip about the baby, I really don't think he was rude - at church, sometimes the priest has asked parents to quiet their babies and not in a rude way.  I didn't think he was rude.  The orange guy kicked out the parent and crying baby at one of his rallies.  The second clip, Sanders basically said that women should have the right to control their bodies (he really didn't address population control and its link to the environment) and that included birth control/abortion rights.  Abby and MM said it was eugenics -  ummm, no, He said that women should have a right to decide about their own bodies.  He did not say anything about selective breeding!!

I agree with others that the Pamela Anderson interview was hard to watch.

And so good to see that MM has not changed a bit!  Good for her! (sarcasm 🤨)

• Love 7

Wow, why be so rude to your guest? And the audience, Meghan? She got annoyed by a military comment, right? When she said "calm down sir."

I think Pamela is a smarter woman than she's given credit for, and she handled the interview really well.

What I like about Pamela is that she's outspoken without being bitchy, unlike a certain daughter at the table. 

I personally feel safer since the metoo movement, but I've read some of Pamela's comments about it. I don't think she meant that she didn't care about all the assaults and women feeling more comfortable speaking up. She specifically described third wave feminism as "a bore," and she said she didn't have some of the experiences other women in her industry had because she was always careful. (I think it also may have been due to the fact she experienced assault when she was very young. She probably learned to be careful due to her childhood abuse.) Pam said women should have common sense, don't meet men in hotel rooms, if they answer in a bathrobe, leave! I think Meghan wanted to make it sound as if Pamela had a nonchalant attitude about sexual assault. 

I'd imagine it would be incredibly awkward for boys to have someone like Pamela Anderson as a mother with her Playboy past and all, but she did a great job with her kids. They certainly didn't turn out well because of Tommy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whether Abby and Meghan know it or not people are already choosing to not have children because they aren't sure what the world is going to be when those children would grow up.

Bernie Sanders was not talking about population control as something mandatory but was advocating for access to birth control for all women around the world. 

DoN't YoU KnOw. AoC wAnTs To GeT RiD oF tHe HuMaN rAcE.

@2:33

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Since Bernie Sanders is Jewish and has family members who grew up in the immediate aftermath of the Holocaust, I'm really surprised that Meghan would try to disingenuously paint him as a eugenicist, since that practice is linked pretty infamously to the Nazis

Her blatant ignorance is rewarded with a huge paycheck.  It's beyond criminal.

1 hour ago, pinguina said:

Abby and MM said it was eugenics -  ummm, no, He said that women should have a right to decide about their own bodies.  He did not say anything about selective breeding!!

These two display their vast ignorance every day.  Don't their family members express how embarrassing they are?  Why doesn't Meghan's high-priced PR firm teach her how to avoid commenting on things she doesn't know.

WAIT!  SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING!

P.S.  They'd probably never heard the word until bestie S.E. Cup tweeted it.  Now their pundinting all over the place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

That was disrespectful, fully agree. But why did Joy then say, never mind? Was it not factual?

I think Joy had had enough of Megun not letting her (or anyone) complete a sentence, so why bother.  I wonder if anyone else growing up in the McCain household ever got a chance to speak.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Megun hasn't learned that you can be civil to guests and skewer them by nicely asking the right questions, like Seth Meyers and Bill Maher did when she was a guest on their shows.  She just makes herself look stupid and immature when she's disrespectful.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Since Bernie Sanders is Jewish and has family members who grew up in the immediate aftermath of the Holocaust, I'm really surprised that Meghan would try to disingenuously paint him as a eugenicist, since that practice is linked pretty infamously to the Nazis. This is, after all, a person who wept on air as she described how her relationship with the Liebermans made the idea of anti-Semitism so upsetting to her. 

Silly Heysmilingstrange!!! Don’t you know that Her Twatness can’t be expected to know things/events/history that took place prior to 1985 because she “wasn’t born then”??🤪🤪🤪

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Silly Heysmilingstrange!!! Don’t you know that Her Twatness can’t be expected to know things/events/history that took place prior to 1985 because she “wasn’t born then”??🤪🤪🤪

LOL she'll never live that Bill Maher appearance down. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7