Type keyword(s) to search

S34.02: God Save the Queen

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Man, tonight was not good for the Brits. They get spanked by the US, then they endure drama leading up to the (eyeroll) Proving Grounds. I can see a situation where the UK loses, and CT asks the Tribunal to put him in for an easy win, so that he can defect (fuck "turncoat") to the other team. Here's what I hear in his head: "Just cuz I'm a dad don't mean I gotta be a babysitter too." Watching him watch his hapless teammates botch the mission, you can sense that CT could forgive the Americans for picking Turbo over him. If he does cross lines, it would be the case of the US having their pie and eating it too. And when you get down to it, isn't that the core principle of the United States of America? In other news: how come I can't find an American flag emoticon???

I haven't decided if the limit on defecting is good or not. I guess it makes sense. Otherwise, you'd have someone going into battle and swapping sides every other week. Looks like patriotism would actually play a part. I figured the lines would blur halfway through the season.

Wes gives us a mild health scare. What if he had to bow out? Cut to Johnny: "Once again, Wes shows his true colors: ginger and yellow. He got busted trying to play the game hard, and he made an excuse to bail out like the chickenshit that he is. That's not real blood coming from his mouth! What was Plan B? Fake cyanide capsule in a tooth? Pathetic, Wes. Even for you." Then he'd drop trou and jerk off for ten solid minutes.

Anybody else vaguely uncomfortable that the two girls on the UK team in the crosshairs were black? At least "Big T" fought to remain in the game, but she lost to Georgia. Cut to Bear on the sideline, putting away his mobile phone that he was calling his "cousin" with. You have to feel for the UK,since they're out three people after Zahida had to bail due to a death in her family. But then Faith leaves the US, and . . . who is she? So hard for me to keep these dopes straight.

Good mission. If you're into adrenaline highs, getting launched into the water like a bullet can be appealing. Of course Jordan would volunteer.

Next week: Teege hates cheaters!!! What-the-hell-ever.

ETA: On Facebook, someone wondered why BMP didn't have Jo or Piggy ready to replace Zahida. I brought up Sharon. Not the most fit, but she seemed like the loveliest person. Or at least the loveliest person to get dry-humped by "The Miz."

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

OMG am I already sick of Johnny Jr, I mean Jordan. I guess he thought he was doing this huge thing by revealing that Wes was making deals with Team UK. Like none of the rest isn't also making deals behind the teams? Alliances always happening. This is all Johnny trying to get everyone to focus on Wes since going by all the other seasons he's been eliminated early, no one is actually scared of him anymore or needs him to get them to the finale.

I can't wait for the US team to lose a challenge because the shit will hit the fan. They are all going to lose their minds, especially if it's a guy's elimination.

Poor Zahida having to leave because of the death of her grandmother but I wonder why Faith left. Did they threaten her because she woke up the house after the house kept her up?

I didn't see anything wrong with Kam stepping up to be the leader when none of them were stepping up. And at least it kept it from being three guys deciding a girl's fate. I wouldn't trust the US guys to not throw in one of their own girls that they deemed useless.

I'm glad Georgia went in because it was bold in the wrong way to just tell Big T she was going in and that Georgia was going to protect her rookie best friend all the way until the end. Who the hell are you, Georgia??

• Love 8

Do these episodes really need to be an hour and a half long.  It makes me miss the first half hour of Snowfall which is not cool MTV (I don't have a DVR).

Jordan is not coming across all that well thus far.  I thought he disliked Johnny, yet they seem to be working together.  

I was not a fan of Georgia saying her friend was protected until the end.  I would not have been sad to see Georgia go, but I knew she wasn't because MTV spoiled it last week when they showed stuff that would be happening throughout the season. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

I can't wait for the US team to lose a challenge because the shit will hit the fan. They are all going to lose their minds, especially if it's a guy's elimination.

This is gonna have to happen real soon or I'm gonna have to bail. I hate Team USA so much lol.

6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Do these episodes really need to be an hour and a half long.

Fucking seriously. It's way too long. 

• Love 1

The episodes don't need to be this damn long but that's what the fast forward button is for. I haven't been without a DVR in some capacity since 2004 so I can't relate to non DVR users. I'm not rich by any means but its 2019. It's a mild expense at this point.

No I wasn't offended by two black women being up on the block. They are both rookies. Not everything is a cause for concern. 

This episode was actually very black female focused with Kam trying to be a boss bitch, Faith leaving and the two rookies in the hot seat.

Faith, never come back. All that drama and leaving over nothing.

I flat out judge people by who they date at this point. Georgia and Laurel have terrible taste in suitors.

• Love 4

They're probably going to flip the game at some point.  Has to be the only reason they stacked the deck for Team USA, because at some point, it's more about individuals jockeying for the Final than winning as a team and avoiding elimination?

Or they design challenges in such a way to give advantage to the UK team which is down 2 or 3 people already.

Right now, yeah I can see someone wanting to switch teams asking to be in the elimination.  But that's still a risk because you don't know what kind of elimination match you're going to get and the US tribunal could choose a strong opponent.

At some point, the US team, if it keeps winning, will probably look to pare down the US team, to eliminate potential Final rivals.  Then the shit will really hit the fan, even though US players are sniping at each other already.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scrb said:

They're probably going to flip the game at some point.  Has to be the only reason they stacked the deck for Team USA, because at some point, it's more about individuals jockeying for the Final than winning as a team and avoiding elimination?

Or they design challenges in such a way to give advantage to the UK team which is down 2 or 3 people already.

WIthout spoiling specific old seasons from back when they did teams, winning most of the challenges and bringing more players to the finale can be risky. I think that if Team USA continues to win that they'll realize that they have to do something to get rid of players or some players will switch if the team is starting to seem too big to win. They could win every challenge and still lose in the end.

There had better be no talk of trimming the fat, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, laschifosavita said:

WIthout spoiling specific old seasons from back when they did teams, winning most of the challenges and bringing more players to the finale can be risky. I think that if Team USA continues to win that they'll realize that they have to do something to get rid of players or some players will switch if the team is starting to seem too big to win. They could win every challenge and still lose in the end.

There had better be no talk of trimming the fat, though.

Yeah I always remember that year where Eric (I think that was his name, the overweight guy) made the finale and collapsed in the final leg.  I recall that team had a ton of people on it because they were flipping out on him. 

13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The episodes don't need to be this damn long but that's what the fast forward button is for. I haven't been without a DVR in some capacity since 2004 so I can't relate to non DVR users. I'm not rich by any means but its 2019. It's a mild expense at this point.

You're really going to drop a current year post while talking about a DVR.😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah I always remember that year where Eric (I think that was his name, the overweight guy) made the finale and collapsed in the final leg.  I recall that team had a ton of people on it because they were flipping out on him. 

You're really going to drop a current year post while talking about a DVR.😜

I have no idea what the joke is but DVR is an off topic issue at this point. I need DVR for reality TV specifically. Too much filler. I'll leave it at that.

It would be one thing if this time was filled with interesting things or some juicy drama or something but that's so not the case.

There are so many people trying to be the boss right now. It's so early for this nonsense.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

And that is why I will never like Laurel. The bitch-fit she threw about him showed that her only cared about winning and not about a person. Even Johnny shows compassion sometimes. 

• Love 3

I still don't see what the big damn deal is with Wes making deals? He is covering his ass for when he gets put in or when the US team put him in. It is fucking smart to have some people from that team on your side. Way too much ego on the US team and Bananas can stfu about someone being sick, like my God can he just go the fuck away. And Jordan, stfu and take Tori with you. Zach was right in what he said, it is going to be a blood bath when US loses and that is what Wes is gearing up for. These people are all fucking morons.

• Love 9
On 9/5/2019 at 12:10 AM, TiffanyNichelle said:

I'm glad Georgia went in because it was bold in the wrong way to just tell Big T she was going in and that Georgia was going to protect her rookie best friend all the way until the end. Who the hell are you, Georgia??

I normally like Georgia, but that was pretty ridiculous of her to do. I understand wanting to protect your friend, but she is rookie and should be fair game like the other rookies. 

I laughed at TJ's very short, direct "Faith left. Moving on." Faith, next time you go on a challenge, get some earplugs. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, xfuse said:

And that is why I will never like Laurel. The bitch-fit she threw about him showed that her only cared about winning and not about a person. Even Johnny shows compassion sometimes. 

Do you mean Evelyn?

Laurel has her own issues with Big Easy in Cutthroat, but I don’t think they were even on the same team.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, xfuse said:

That wasn't Laurel. I don't think she was in that group. I do remember her being a bitch to him a few challenges after that when they were all around a hot tub, I believe.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Do you mean Evelyn?

Laurel has her own issues with Big Easy in Cutthroat, but I don’t think they were even on the same team.

Yes, you're correct, that was Evelyn. It was another challenge where Laurel stood over him and bitched. 

One thing I have noticed this year is even with two eps, there is very little Johnny. I don't even think we even saw the bullshit toast he does. Nice for MTV to realize that he is on his way out . I'm also very happy with the lack of club scenes. I find the show much better because of it. 

• Love 5

Last week CCR, this week Ben E. King. I wholly applaud MTV pulling in some classic music in the soundtrack to this show. 

Was Josh one of the ones having a bitch fit about Faith and the pots and pans? If he was, that's a heaping helping of hypocrisy considering he did the same thing on BB. 

Oh my god Wes is not only playing the game, he appears to be trying to win!

Surely you jest! Doesn't he know he's just supposed to passively wait until its his turn to be eliminated by those have been self-deemed more worthy of the money?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, sabretooth said:

Last week CCR, this week Ben E. King. I wholly applaud MTV pulling in some classic music in the soundtrack to this show. 

But they could not shell out the money for the Animals' version of The House of the Rising Sun.  No, instead they subjected us to whatever crappy remake version the played.

It seems like Bear has toned down his antics much more thus far.  Sure he got into the argument with Faith but that has been about it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

It seems like Bear has toned down his antics much more thus far.  Sure he got into the argument with Faith but that has been about it.

It's much better and I'm not actively wanting to throw things at my screen or turn of the ep because of him. Something must have happened between last season and this. I think it was very telling when one of the UK guys said that no one likes Bear and he knows it.

• LOL 1
On 9/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, xfuse said:

One thing I have noticed this year is even with two eps, there is very little Johnny. I don't even think we even saw the bullshit toast he does. Nice for MTV to realize that he is on his way out . I'm also very happy with the lack of club scenes. I find the show much better because of it. 

I do think it’s necessary for them to start replacing Johnny, based on his last few appearances. He’s not the king of the challenge he used to be, and I think cast members are finding him as irrelevant as viewers. That said, his toast (which I think you can find online) was cut because they changed the name of the challenge. While filming, they were using the exceptionally dumb name Bloody Hell. That’s why it cuts away from TJ’s face whenever he announces the challenge as WotW2–it’s all voiceover that was recorded later. Johnny’s toast referenced the original title.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:11 AM, angelamh66 said:

What is up with Tori and Jordan’s way of speaking. Like they’re from the streets or something. Such try hards. 

The way Tori speaks when she’s putting on the sort of affected patterns has always bothered me. It comes off as very inauthentic. It makes sense that those two are together, since they both seem like the sort of desperate that results in constant bravado. However, historically, they’re both strong competitors, so I don’t think we’ll be getting rid of them anytime soon. 

• Love 4