Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saber5055

Season 36 Final Jeopardy Contest

Recommended Posts

Ending the same way I started, 3/5 with no *.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, saber5055 said:

 

@Minaboo, I am missing  your score for last week, Week 37. And @Sharpie66, you are four weeks behind!

 

Sorry about that! 1/5 with *

My husband is a big fan of Lawrence of Arabia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Get your paws off it, it's mine!!

200.gif

So there!!

All settled!!

lol

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry all you players ("player" is a compliment in this context) that I haven't posted the results or the winners yet in the Season 36 Contest. Life has pretty much sucked the life out of me lately. But know all will be posted, and prize winners announced, courtesy of my Magic Cottage Cheese container drawing. Yes, there are real and very tangible prizes. All of you are in the running for one, and just so ya'll know, I am not eligible or that Booby Prize would be MINE. ALL MINE!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Life has pretty much sucked the life out of me lately.

You need this.

08bf0c6859a725d4b5b90a0ba44240e8-300x400

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Finally, here are the scores for correct FJ answers in the Season 36 contest:

PBnJay  - 162 
Biakbiak - 159
Driad - 144
Fex - 122
Suebee12 - 121
Good Queen Jane - 117
Browncoat - 116
j5cochran - 116
M. Darcy - 108
Zoey1996 - 107
Helpmerhonda - 104
Clanstarling - 98
Illdoc - 98
LB60 - 89
GrannySmith - 88
Peeayebee - 86
Trey - 86
Minaboo - 84
DXD526 - 83
Opus - 68

Here are the final rankings for most asterisks in the Season 36 FJ contest. Note that not everyone played The Asterisk Game.

PBnJay - 24
Biakbiak - 20
Driad - 20
Fex - 16
Good Queen Jane - 15
j5cochran - 13
Zoey1996 - 12
Suebee12 - 11
Browncoat - 11
Illdoc - 11
GrannySmith - 11
Peeayebee - 10
Minaboo - 10
Clanstarling - 9
M. Darcy - 8
Helpmerhonda - 8
DXD526 - 7
LB60 - 5

Instead of there being "winners" and "losers" (because IMO there are no losers here) and to give everyone an equal chance to be rewarded for committing to playing this game for 38 weeks, I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc. I will PM the winners in that order so each may choose a prize from this list. That might take me a while, but know I will do that and yes, your very-real prizes are here and will be mailed to you. Yeay all youse guys!

I always feel badly after winners are chosen because I want everyone to be able to get a real prize for playing this season, and some of my fav players (you know who you are!) were left in that cottage-cheese tub. Waiting for Season 37 maybe?

p.s. Notice Saber's scores are not in either column. Thank goodness I am not a competitor or yes, @lb60, that Booby Prize would indeed be mine. Twice!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you, Saber!  Good game, everyone!  I'm pleased that I achieved my goal of being third again.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Finally, here are the scores for correct FJ answers in the Season 36 contest:

PBnJay  - 162 
Biakbiak - 159
Driad - 144
Fex - 122
Suebee12 - 121
Good Queen Jane - 117
Browncoat - 116
j5cochran - 116
M. Darcy - 108
Zoey1996 - 107
Helpmerhonda - 104
Clanstarling - 98
Illdoc - 98
LB60 - 89
GrannySmith - 88
Peeayebee - 86
Trey - 86
Minaboo - 84
DXD526 - 83
Opus - 68

Here are the final rankings for most asterisks in the Season 36 FJ contest. Note that not everyone played The Asterisk Game.

PBnJay - 24
Biakbiak - 20
Driad - 20
Fex - 16
Good Queen Jane - 15
j5cochran - 13
Zoey1996 - 12
Suebee12 - 11
Browncoat - 11
Illdoc - 11
GrannySmith - 11
Peeayebee - 10
Minaboo - 10
Clanstarling - 9
M. Darcy - 8
Helpmerhonda - 8
DXD526 - 7
LB60 - 5

Instead of there being "winners" and "losers" (because IMO there are no losers here) and to give everyone an equal chance to be rewarded for committing to playing this game for 38 weeks, I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc. I will PM the winners in that order so each may choose a prize from this list. That might take me a while, but know I will do that and yes, your very-real prizes are here and will be mailed to you. Yeay all youse guys!

I always feel badly after winners are chosen because I want everyone to be able to get a real prize for playing this season, and some of my fav players (you know who you are!) were left in that cottage-cheese tub. Waiting for Season 37 maybe?

p.s. Notice Saber's scores are not in either column. Thank goodness I am not a competitor or yes, @lb60, that Booby Prize would indeed be mine. Twice!

Eh, my prize is participating with all you fine people. That's real enough for me.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Eh, my prize is participating with all you fine people. That's real enough for me.

Same! 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Finally, here are the scores for correct FJ answers in the Season 36 contest:

This was really fun! Thanks for running the contest, @saber5055. It was such a great diversion, especially the last few months. No matter what was going on, there was this little bright spot at the end of each week. 🌤

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

@Fex, I deleted my LIKE to your post twice so I could LIKE it three times. Thank you. You've brightened my day. Or night, depending on where you are.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats to all the winners - and to everyone who participated through to the end.  

Huge thank you to @saber5055 for keeping this going and keeping us honest!  It's been really fun, and I am looking forward to next season, whenever that may be!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, Clanstarling said:

Eh, my prize is participating with all you fine people. 

Screw that!

I want a prize!

sad tantrum GIF

<sigh>

Always a bridesmaid......

;-)

Also, comparing my totals from last year and this year, I've gotten 0.0008772% stupider. Go me!

Congrats to all the winners. Ya done good!

Thank you to our fearless leader, saber.

Although, I am tempted to send you a new Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. Just sayin'. ;-)

Until next season. Whenever that might be.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Although, I am tempted to send you a new Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. Just sayin'.

One that contains 20 of the "same" number maybe?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

One that contains 20 of the "same" number maybe?

Fortune Teller Gif Artist GIF by bad arithmetic

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, saber5055 said:

blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc

I am not worthy!

I am not worthy!

This board and you fellow posters (especially people like @Saber5055) make Jeopardy so much more enjoyable ❤️

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for all your hard work in running the contest, @saber5055. To all who participated, you made this so much fun. It is the first thing I look at when I turn my computer on in the morning. You all have the Royal Seal of Approval. See you next season!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, saber5055 said:

I blind-drew five numbers from my Magic Cottage Cheese Tub. The numbers coincide to names on the score sheet; those five people will be sent a prize, awarded in reverse alphabetical order. Prize winners are @peeayebee, @PBnJay, @Minaboo, @M. Darcy and @illdoc.

Oh, WOW! I forgot to check in yesterday, work has been so busy, but how exciting that my number was drawn from the Magic Cottage Cheese tub! Thank you Magic Tub, and thank you @saber5055 for hosting the contest. It was so much fun. I looked forward to checking in every Monday. I hope we get to do it next season *hint hint*. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh boy! Awesome!

I've not been at PrimeTime for a while, but thought I'd check in today. Good for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size