Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Whose Side Are You On

mxc90
  • Start Topic

First Aired: September 1, 2019

Tommy lays low after his mustang is riddled with bullets. Tensions run high with Ghost and Jason. Tommy enlists LaKeisha to help with his business. Tasha confronts Ghost about Terry Silver.

That didn't take long for Tommy to lay low and not have Ghost know he is alive.

LaKeisha getting involved in the business is going to get her killed.

The young girl jumped to the dark side immediately. She made a good case for Tariq to stop his dealing. Where was her dignity? 

I'm dreading this show is going to make a Tariq spin-off. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6

I don't know why two grown men, Ghost and Tommy, are talking too much and oversharing with Tariq. He's a teenager who they both claim they want to protect and keep out of the street life, yet they keep telling him stuff he doesn't need to know. It's so dumb. And Tariq is so ungrateful - this kid grew up in a cushy life, he has access to the best education and every material thing he's ever asked for, and he has the audacity to be a disrespectful little shit to his parents. Lest he forget that it's his fault that Reina died. He did that. 

It seems clear that they're grooming him for a spin-off. Between that and needlessly changing the theme song in the last season, how short-sighted is the show creator? 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I don't know why two grown men, Ghost and Tommy, are talking too much and oversharing with Tariq. He's a teenager who they both claim they want to protect and keep out of the street life, yet they keep telling him stuff he doesn't need to know. It's so dumb. And Tariq is so ungrateful - this kid grew up in a cushy life, he has access to the best education and every material thing he's ever asked for,

I admit that when his roommate said they were gonna be rich and Tariq said "We go to Choate, we're already rich," I laughed.

It seems like they've given up on protecting him from the life - Tasha started by telling Tariq that Ghost was a corner boy turned big-time a season or two ago. They all seem to treat Tariq like more of a friend than a kid, which I don't like.

I did not like that the other Black girl caved so fast. And yeah, any spin-off that character gets is one I will not watch.

The actress who plays Paz did grief well. The entire episode, she looked like she had been crying or was about to cry, and she can sob on cue.

Keisha is really not about that life, and I think she's going to die. Lala still can't act.

I don't know much about custody hearings, but would they really ask a kid which parent she wants to live with IN FRONT of both parents? Because that is pretty awful. No wonder she started crying.

Did they age the youngest St. Patrick kid a lot? Wasn't she a toddler last time we saw her? I guess that's what Tasha said when she said she was growing like a weed.

• Love 7

WTF is wrong with James. He gets dumber as the seasons go on. It’s like he cannot fathom why Tasha wants a divorce and 1/2 of the assets. HE cheated on her repeatedly and left her for Angela, how in the world does he have the audacity to be upset that she wants a divorce. If he had any honor at all he would give her 1/2 of everything which is MORE THAN FAIR since she has always done everything for him, and let her live her life oh and not kill any more of her boyfriends!

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Did they age the youngest St. Patrick kid a lot? Wasn't she a toddler last time we saw her? I guess that's what Tasha said when she said she was growing like a weed.

I don’t know how much “real time” has passed on the show- at least a school year or two (more likely two). Yazmin was 3 when the series started and she looks about 6-7 now. Their new apartment is small but looks nice (those windows are gorgeous). 

Fuck James again- he cheated on Tasha and left her for Angela, he was happy to get a divorce when Angela was alive. Let Tasha move on with her half of the assets. No way could he have amassed that much without her. But I wonder WHY Tasha signed such a pre-nup without a fidelity clause in it (again, James cheated first!), well she was much younger then and probably dickmatized by James cause he is fine and does talk a good game. 

I dont know how one adult gets another adult hooked on cocaine unless they kidnapped them and forced them to do drugs. Proctor is in some shady stuff but he loves his daughter and is trying to be a good Dad. How is that bug legal on his Daughter’s backpack. Fruit of the poisonous tree anyone??

Andre testifying against the Jimenze (spelling)- I’m glad we didn’t drop that. Oh and Aspiring Gov Tate....

• Love 6
15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The young girl jumped to the dark side immediately. She made a good case for Tariq to stop his dealing. Where was her dignity? 

I'm dreading this show is going to make a Tariq spin-off. I hope I'm wrong.

I was hoping she would stand strong and so disappointed she caved. When she came to Tariq I though oh so this is Ghost & Tasha: The Next Generation. 

I am enjoying Tommy so much. He needs to go down with the rest but lawd if he don’t make Power enjoyable.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

When she walked in the apartment at the end of the episode, I was like, who the hell is this chick?  Especially since it was just after I had commented on Jamie pocketing the Angela's shark key chain, which she dropped in the crib and almost had the poor baby choke to death.  

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

But I wonder WHY Tasha signed such a pre-nup without a fidelity clause in it (again, James cheated first!), well she was much younger then and probably dickmatized by James cause he is fine and does talk a good game. 

I'm shocked that Tasha signed a pre-nup to begin with, especially one that stipulated that she would get nothing if she initiated divorce first.  

29 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

I am enjoying Tommy so much. He needs to go down with the rest but lawd if he don’t make Power enjoyable.

He really is one of the few bright lights on this dumbass show.  I'm doing a re-watch of Dollhouse, and who should pop up as a preppy psycho but Jason Sikora?

16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

LaKeisha getting involved in the business is going to get her killed.

She's gonna get everybody killed or land them in prison cause she's an idiot.

Ghost is also an idiot. The following exchange had me laughing so hard:
Ghost: I killed Tommy.
Proctor: Why? But good riddance.
Ghost: Don't talk shit about my brother and BFF!
Proctor: But you just murdered him, so..........

And why is he going around telling errbody that he killed Tommy???  And I'm not criminal, but shouldn't you try to set up your alibi for a planned crime before you commit said crime? I'm just saying.  

• Love 4

Wow, James is not so smart. He was paying for the privilege of thinking he killed Tommy.

I liked Proctor's apartment. Very minimalist.

I loved how Tasha and Tariq were playing James over Tommy's "death." How does he not feel like the biggest fool?

When your wife and kid are okay with putting a hit out on you.

But Tasha, you loved living the high, uptown life when things were good with James. It wasn't all bad. Until it was.

Yeesh, Jason has Tommy and James coming and going. Bet he'll be the one who ends up dead at the end.

I hope Paz turned Angela's phone off.

TOMMY! DAAAAAMMMMNNNN!

Now Tariq's got a Bonnie to his Clyde. Ugh. Hopefully she's working him to take his punk ass down. Why risk her whole future to deal drugs?

• Love 1